ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hus7876
Newly Registered

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by hus7876 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Raj86 wrote:Hello I am on the 22nd week lol
I haven't heard nothing yet.....
I just got one mail hold one Nd that's it ....
I personally think they have lots of applications pending
So they are taking ages .....
I have contact my local mp so waiting for his reply now ....

My Local MP had also contacted them by email over a month ago, unfortunatly they did not reply to her, i sent an email today by the paid service on the HO website, which says i should get a reply in the next 2 days,

Really does fustrate me as i well expected her to have been here by now

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Well if pm doesn't get reply I mean there is nkthng else left for us to do ..... really so annyo as we can't do anything

tracey13
Newly Registered

Post by tracey13 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi sorry for jumping on your post. Don't know how other to find out what is going on. We are going through a company to get spouse visa. Been married over a year and its just been set back after set back. Seriously frustrating. We now have everything and 6 weeks ago tried to pay and book appointment. The company we are going through could not pay, it just keeps saying something wrong to try again. She has every day. I got in touch with visas and immigration. They said site was working for in house application but not people applying out house. No reason given. The company has been trying to pay and emailing relentlessly. Wanted to know if anyone might know what is going on?

tchindy
Newly Registered

Post by tchindy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm

tracey13 wrote:Hi sorry for jumping on your post. Don't know how other to find out what is going on. We are going through a company to get spouse visa. Been married over a year and its just been set back after set back. Seriously frustrating. We now have everything and 6 weeks ago tried to pay and book appointment. The company we are going through could not pay, it just keeps saying something wrong to try again. She has every day. I got in touch with visas and immigration. They said site was working for in house application but not people applying out house. No reason given. The company has been trying to pay and emailing relentlessly. Wanted to know if anyone might know what is going on?
Hi @tracey13,

By "in house application" you mean for people applying inside the UK? That's odd. But then again, after so many couples being stuck on this mysterious pause, I wouldn't be surprised if the HO just stopped receiving further applications until they make a decision on the ones they're holding until now

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:I personally didn't receive any on hold or case not straight forward or supreme court emails.
However, when I made an enquiry to my MP about why it was taking so long and why we haven't had any form of communication, they replied it was because my application was on hold because of the supreme court ruling.... But we never received any of those emails. Shortly after that enquiry was made. UKVI contacted me for additional documentation and then a decision was made on Friday just gone.... I really believe the in hold email is too cope with a higher work load and for any small discrepancies that would normally qualify for refusal has been found in the application. All these people on here meeting requirements and double sure and using solicitors it just doesn't make sense
Untraceable,

Have you picked up your passport yet? And did you get any signals if it was granted or denied? Like was your IHS payment refunded?
Still awaiting passport and have no idea about any signals.... just have to hope for the best. In my situation the person I am sponsoring is not eligible to pay IHS, still had to submit an IHS number though

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@qwerty85

Congratulations on the decision! Hopefully visa is granted. And please keep us updated on the outcome.

All the best :)

Still no email or contact regarding my "decided" application.

Just checked the application status again, still says decided but the 'date updated' has changed from 24th May to 10th June. I dont even know whether its just an update or the application was only just decided on 10th June.

I have paid the 5 odd quid and sent an email demanding answers as to what exactly the status is.

Ill keep you updated.
That's a promising sign, next step is the "official" decided email from the embassy confirming a decision has been made

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Last year (15-Dec-2016) I have applied Settlement visa for my Wife from Chennai, India.
Till today (13th June 2017) no response from home office.
As per the UKVI the SLA is 24 weeks for settlement visas. But the fact is it's already 25 weeks completed.
Never seen such lengthy process. It has been more than 6 months and no result. Here I am providing further details. Even NASA is giving entry clearance within 30 working days for Mars travel. why the hell i am living on this earth.

My wifes applcation details :-
Type of Visa : Settlement (Spouse Visa)
Application Submit Date : 15/DEC/2016
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 03/Jan/2017
Received mail from UKVI stating Case not straight forward : 03/Mar/2017
Recived mail from UKVI as case Escalated : 26/May/2017
Decision of Application :Waiting

I have few options here :
-Can I approach court as they breached given SLA ?
-Approaching Human rights ?
-Approaching local mp to push and inquiry why such delay (Not sure how effective is this)
-Approaching solicitor
- Writing Letter to UKVI sheffield office
-Directly walking to sheffield UKVI office (Its 40 mins drive from my place). Don't know will they entertain direct contact without an appointment.

comment deleted by moderator

Please provide me the best options. Really frustrating and not getting proper sleep. :(

Best Regards
Tarun

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:27 pm

@ Tarun,

Reading your timeline is heartbreaking and we are in the same boat as you. We are sitting at 21 weeks right now.

When you got the 'case not straightforward' email, did they tell you why? Did you get the on-hold email about the supreme court judgement?

I would also like to know if it's possible to directly go to the UKVI office in Sheffield. I have quite a few choice words for them about how they are playing with so many people's lives.

At this point, you should definitely contact a solicitor and ask them to do a "pre-action protocol for judicial review" in which case, the HO will HAVE to respond within 14 days or it goes to a judge.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:35 pm

And honestly, why are UKVI putting applications on hold for? The supreme court judgment was already passed on 22-February which states that the minimum income requirement is legal. So, what's the hold up!??? :x :x :x

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm

tarunmsn1980 wrote:Last year (15-Dec-2016) I have applied Settlement visa for my Wife from Chennai, India.
Till today (13th June 2017) no response from home office.
As per the UKVI the SLA is 24 weeks for settlement visas. But the fact is it's already 25 weeks completed.
Never seen such lengthy process. It has been more than 6 months and no result. Here I am providing further details. Even NASA is giving entry clearance within 30 working days for Mars travel. why the hell i am living on this earth.

My wifes applcation details :-
Type of Visa : Settlement (Spouse Visa)
Application Submit Date : 15/DEC/2016
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 03/Jan/2017
Received mail from UKVI stating Case not straight forward : 03/Mar/2017
Recived mail from UKVI as case Escalated : 26/May/2017
Decision of Application :Waiting

I have few options here :
-Can I approach court as they breached given SLA ?
-Approaching Human rights ?
-Approaching local mp to push and inquiry why such delay (Not sure how effective is this)
-Approaching solicitor
- Writing Letter to UKVI sheffield office
-Directly walking to sheffield UKVI office (Its 40 mins drive from my place). Don't know will they entertain direct contact without an appointment.

comment deleted by moderator

Please provide me the best options. Really frustrating and not getting proper sleep. :(

Best Regards
Tarun
Have you checked on https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
see what it comes out as, my GWF ref is not recognised and still not had a reply by email.
really starting to panic now as i do not have a clue where the application is upto!

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:00 pm

HELLO GUYS
ANYONE WITH ANY UPDATES

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:39 pm

No updates, i strongly suggest everyone to somehow manage to contact HO through their MP's , atleast this way the pressure can be asserted cumulatively!
When they see different Mp's enquiring about this Hold!
No point sitting idle and watching the stars and the moon :/

My general question is if the policy changes or the income threshold increases would it be valid for people who already applied? Has there been such instance in Ukvisa policy history which affected Retrospectively to all people already applied ?

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:36 pm

I don't know if my local MP would look in to my case as it's only been 5 weeks since my partner has his visa interview. I am tempted to email him though just to see if he can chase up answers as to why the hold and when we might start hearing back. If the minimum income was to change, there is Surely no way they can retrospectively impose it?

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 pm

If anyone has twitter, try tweeting the home office @ukhomeoffice - I've done it a couple times but of course no response

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 am

Just to update, as i waited for a reply by email i had to call up UKVI via the paid service, which cost me a further £20, once i was connected and handed my wife's GWF ref and IHS Number, i was told the visa had been rejected as i did not hit the Income Threshold, which confused me as i am currently earning over £21000, The advisor said i was told about this on the 5th March via email, however the only email we received was in regards to the Pause in place also on the 5th March, i told them this and was told he would escalate my case, and would take a further 15 days to escalate.

What frustrates me is the fact we have to pay to chase up information regarding our own circumstances, which we should really have the right to know anyway.

has anyone else tried to call UKVI? what was the response? Please share

I received the following email about 10 mins after the call.

Dear Husam ,
Many thanks for contacting UKVI and in response to your e-mails dated: June 10, 2017 application reference no. GWF000000000.

I have made an escalation request on your wife's application as discussed earlier on phone today.

Regards,

Adeel

Nicholas

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:03 am

hus7876 wrote:Just to update, as i waited for a reply by email i had to call up UKVI via the paid service, which cost me a further £20, once i was connected and handed my wife's GWF ref and IHS Number, i was told the visa had been rejected as i did not hit the Income Threshold, which confused me as i am currently earning over £21000, The advisor said i was told about this on the 5th March via email, however the only email we received was in regards to the Pause in place also on the 5th March, i told them this and was told he would escalate my case, and would take a further 15 days to escalate.

What frustrates me is the fact we have to pay to chase up information regarding our own circumstances, which we should really have the right to know anyway.

I received the following email about 10 mins after the call.

Dear Husam ,
Many thanks for contacting UKVI and in response to your e-mails dated: June 10, 2017 application reference no. GWF000000000.

I have made an escalation request on your wife's application as discussed earlier on phone today.

Regards,

Adeel

Nicholas
hus, The enquiry service is useless and they always provide contradicting and misguided information plus they charge you money for it (real frustrating).
Regarding the financial requirements, in addition to the income, they also expect to see at least £16000 in a saving account.

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 am

As far as im aware you only need to have £16000 savings if you do not meet the 18600 threshold, however i am currently earning over £21000, I know its useless however the reason the charges to contact UKVI have been put in place are to stop people from calling and enquiring, while taking advantage of people who desperately need to enquire on the status of their application, they must have 10,000+ Applicants on hold, if every person was to enquire they are easily making an extra revenue.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

It seems UKVI is delaying all visas a lot these days?

Are non-priority visas being entertained within 12 weeks these days? Has anyone seen wich bio-metric dates are they processing recently?

I did a status check paying the 5.48 fee and was told my spouse's visa is "Awaiting Decision" since 17 April 2017 - which is odd because we only applied on 9 April 2017 and bio-metric on 12 and they received the documents on 19 April in Sheffield (as per royal mail tracking).

It seems to be a big mess.

Their visa porcessing times websites seems to be down as well. https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 am

Thank you All for your inputs.

pixelrage09 asked: Did you get the on-hold email about the supreme court judgement?
Ans : No. I have not received any email(s) like they are Pausing/hold my app. becoz of SC judgement.
I believe my case not fallen under this. As today I recieved a uselss mail from UKVI as:
Your visa(s) application status is/are: GWFXXXXX is 'AWAITING A DECISION' from the 03/03/2017.

hus7876 asked: Have you checked on https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus?
Ans : Yes. It's useless. Tried All options. Always saying Ref.No not recognised.

Course of Actions :-
a) Last couple of days I am constantly contacting few solicitors but getting mixed results. Some are saying nothing we can do until HO give some outcome and some are saying they can write letter to sheffield HO and can take from there.
b) Trying to get appointment from local MP and explain the situation. if all ok i will request MP to put some pressure on HO. I am drafting a well formed request letter.

If anyone have a well formed letter/template stating settlement visa biggest problems etc.. could you please provide me the link please.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:39 am

hus, The enquiry service is useless and they always provide contradicting and misguided information plus they charge you money for it (real frustrating).
Regarding the financial requirements, in addition to the income, they also expect to see at least £16000 in a saving account.[/quote]

You do not need any savings if you meet the income threshold by salaried employment.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

tarunmsn1980
Newly Registered

Post by tarunmsn1980 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:46 am

hus7876 wrote:Just to update, as i waited for a reply by email i had to call up UKVI via the paid service, which cost me a further £20, once i was connected and handed my wife's GWF ref and IHS Number, i was told the visa had been rejected as i did not hit the Income Threshold, which confused me as i am currently earning over £21000, The advisor said i was told about this on the 5th March via email, however the only email we received was in regards to the Pause in place also on the 5th March, i told them this and was told he would escalate my case, and would take a further 15 days to escalate.

Nicholas
Hi Hus7876 - Please don't get panic. Of my experience the UKVI or any call centre related to HO will never reveal "Success/failure/Approved/Reject" kind of status over the mail or phone. They are bunch of useless keys. In march when I called the lady who answered my call was looking into wrong GWF ref.no and given false info. when i cross checked name and dob she apologised and corrected herself. Did u claimed as Self employed or Salaried Employee ?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:48 am

taffet87 wrote:It seems UKVI is delaying all visas a lot these days?

Are non-priority visas being entertained within 12 weeks these days? Has anyone seen wich bio-metric dates are they processing recently?

I did a status check paying the 5.48 fee and was told my spouse's visa is "Awaiting Decision" since 17 April 2017 - which is odd because we only applied on 9 April 2017 and bio-metric on 12 and they received the documents on 19 April in Sheffield (as per royal mail tracking).

Their visa porcessing times websites seems to be down as well. https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y
Check the Pakistan timeline as of today. AES590 who I think has contributed to this thread got their Visa last week. It took 43 working days, it was priorirty though. I think considering this, the new normal is Priority 8-12 weeks. Non priority 12-24 weeks.

I firmly beleive the back log is due to EU Citizen PRC applications which must be decided in 12 weeks or compensation is due. Non EEA citizens do not have the luxury of compensation. We do not even have the basic right of contact without further payment. I paid for email update last week (Wednesday) and still have not received a reply!!! 36 working days today on Priority.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:00 pm

SimonS wrote:hus, The enquiry service is useless and they always provide contradicting and misguided information plus they charge you money for it (real frustrating).
Regarding the financial requirements, in addition to the income, they also expect to see at least £16000 in a saving account.
You do not need any savings if you meet the income threshold by salaried employment.[/quote]

Simon,
Can you please refer us to written proof for this assertion?
From what I read in Appendix FM of the immigration laws it states you need both
Financial requirements
E-ECP.3.1. The applicant must provide specified evidence, from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2., of-

(a) a specified gross annual income of at least-
(i) £18,600;
(ii) an additional £3,800 for the first child; and
(iii) an additional £2,400 for each additional child; alone or in combination with
(b) specified savings of-
(i) £16,000; and
(ii) additional savings of an amount equivalent to 2.5 times the amount which is the difference between the gross annual income from the sources listed in paragraph E-ECP.3.2.(a)-(d) and the total amount required under paragraph E-ECP.3.1.(a); or

hus7876
Newly Registered

Post by hus7876 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:07 pm

SimonS wrote:
taffet87 wrote:It seems UKVI is delaying all visas a lot these days?

Check the Pakistan timeline as of today. AES590 who I think has contributed to this thread got their Visa last week. It took 43 working days, it was priorirty though. I think considering this, the new normal is Priority 8-12 weeks. Non priority 12-24 weeks.

I firmly beleive the back log is due to EU Citizen PRC applications which must be decided in 12 weeks or compensation is due. Non EEA citizens do not have the luxury of compensation. We do not even have the basic right of contact without further payment. I paid for email update last week (Wednesday) and still have not received a reply!!! 36 working days today on Priority.

Cheers
Simon
fantastic news, means progress is being made even though its slow, as i am currently in my 22nd week does that mean i should get a response in the last 2 weeks, would be great if i do get a positive response :D as long as HO uphold the 24 weeks time frame i am happy.

frazy325

Post by frazy325 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi all,
Can I just ask, if there is any self employed or Category F sponsor application put on hold. If yes, Could you please share the information of documents submitted for financial requirement. Just trying to compare If something we have missed and UKVI unable to decide the income from missing information and put on hold?