ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Susy and dulhe raja really sorry to hear that yr applications were refused. do they provide any explanations as to why it was refused?

Good luck in yr appeals/resubmission. Pray u get a good outcome!!

Sajda

shameem

Post by shameem » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:52 pm

Susi and Dulhe Raja, sorri to hear of your refusals. You must be really sad. May you guys get strength and get thru it. Good luck with your appeals. May you both be sucessfull. I will pray for you all. Sajdab hi to you. Hw r you? Susi thanx for the info about that reference number. For some reason my hubby must have only given me half the number as there doesnt seem to be a date in there!! Gonna try that number again!!

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi shameem, im good (ish) trying not to think abt the visa too much but it plays on my mind constantly. how are you???

DulheRaja

Post by DulheRaja » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:40 am

sajdab wrote:Susy and dulhe raja really sorry to hear that yr applications were refused. do they provide any explanations as to why it was refused?

Sajda
This is the second time it has been refused.First time was a year ago and that time they asked my wife silly question at the intervieuw for example what do i do in the UK,why i moved from the Netherlands to the UK.Why she married out of the family,what does she know about my town bla bla bkla.That time the didnt believe this was a geniune marriage because of lack of knowledge about me.

This time the intervieuw was great so at least the didnt complain about my marriage is geniune or not and didnt asked silly questions,They asked what do i do in my free time and my Wife answered on behalf of me that he didnt have that free time because he have to cook,wash his clothes clean the house etc etc.(:P)but the evidence that is given is not balancing the application.(Another silly reason).I havent got the refusal yet but there seem to be only 2 lines written.

Lets see what happineds.It is bad news and a bit good news and because i am a memeber of the EEA i have not to pay the fees,its just free.
Damn to the BHC Islamabad!!!

shameem

Post by shameem » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 am

I am ok too Sajdab. Like you i am not trying to think about the visa too much. Its only been about 3 wks unlike other ppl i have seen here who have been waiting for ages! I am not having any luck with tracking the application either. The number is INVALID!! How can one not get stressed i ask myself. I am just trying to keep positive and keep praying for everyone that we get a gud result. Dulhe raja thats really bad isnt it. Wot happens next. Do you have to appeal again?

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi Shameem, hope you dont have to wait too long. Its been while for us now and feels like foreva!

Dulhe Raja I'm impressed that you can still see some positives in the situation. I hate waiting full stop and you have waited over a year. Hope you get a positive outcome soon! :?
Last edited by sajdab on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:41 pm

shameem wrote:Susi and Dulhe Raja, sorri to hear of your refusals. You must be really sad. May you guys get strength and get thru it. Good luck with your appeals. May you both be sucessfull. I will pray for you all. Sajdab hi to you. Hw r you? Susi thanx for the info about that reference number. For some reason my hubby must have only given me half the number as there doesnt seem to be a date in there!! Gonna try that number again!!
thank you Shameem / Sajdab,

its really depressing, heartbreaking, really puts a strain on everything - but hey, things happen for a reason and for the best, (trying to b positive but its really hard!!!)

anyway, my husband got refused as they (the ECO's) didnt think we had got married as we had not provided a marriage cert (nika nama). we had provided this - urdu ones and in english. they gave these back to us -which doesnt make sense??? we've appealed and have re-submitted the nika namas and other docs that we think may help and r hoping that they will review the docs without sending them off to the AIT etc.

maybe we should have re-applied, but whats done is done, i pray to God that he does get the visa - and for everyone else.

all u can do is keep checking and b patient and positive, Inshallah you'll all get positive responses :-)

susy1

Post by susy1 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 pm

DulheRaja wrote:
sajdab wrote:Susy and dulhe raja really sorry to hear that yr applications were refused. do they provide any explanations as to why it was refused?

Sajda
This is the second time it has been refused.First time was a year ago and that time they asked my wife silly question at the intervieuw for example what do i do in the UK,why i moved from the Netherlands to the UK.Why she married out of the family,what does she know about my town bla bla bkla.That time the didnt believe this was a geniune marriage because of lack of knowledge about me.

This time the intervieuw was great so at least the didnt complain about my marriage is geniune or not and didnt asked silly questions,They asked what do i do in my free time and my Wife answered on behalf of me that he didnt have that free time because he have to cook,wash his clothes clean the house etc etc.(:P)but the evidence that is given is not balancing the application.(Another silly reason).I havent got the refusal yet but there seem to be only 2 lines written.

Lets see what happineds.It is bad news and a bit good news and because i am a memeber of the EEA i have not to pay the fees,its just free.

"I havent got the refusal yet but there seem to be only 2 lines written." - what did it say??

try not to worry, hopefully it will b good news!!

Pharoah_Faisel

its only been 7 days and im stressing!!!!!

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:36 am

Im from the UK, and my Wife has submitted an application a few days ago for Souse Visa to re-enter the UK under the correct entry clearance. She was here under visitor status we had Nikkah done and English Registry.

She's only been gone a week and im already feeling it. I hate these stressing times in life, Inshallah i hope he outcome is positive, As someone stated earlier they told my wife, it takes around 2 months to process the application which in my opinion is far too long, but it is known to be done in 2 weeks. i gather its just Pot luck!

Thanks to whoever posted the message earlier explaining how to enter the application number in the "gerry application website" very helpful and handy. i was wondering why it kept stating invalid search, the matter is now resolved.

DulheRaja Sorry man, hearing stories like yours put alot of doubt in my mind, its Jumma tomorrow going to pray for a good outcome. i hope your matter gets resolved quicky.

I MISSS MY WIFEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just thought id let my anger out on here LOL.. this visa stuff is very stressfull.

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:44 am

Hey Sajdab you heard of Middlesbrough????????

just thought id ask, because i noticed your from North East England

shameem

Post by shameem » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:59 am

Salam Faisel. Stress, tell me about it. I only got married 2 months back and hubby applied 3 wks ago and like you i am well stressed. I think i am goin make myself ill soon....

Didnt think it would be this bad! Well for some reason i aint having any luck with the application number for the website, hubby not having any luck ringing the gerrys office either....!! WOT NEXT?? Sajdab any news ur end?

Susi its abit weird they refusing over ur nika nama when u sent both english and urdu ones!! How long ur appeal going to take? Wot they playing at? Makes you wonder if our documents are gonna be ok

There seems to be no definate time for processing visa applications. For some its taking around 10-15 days, others months!! Why is that? Dont know if i am gonna be able to take this stress for more months. Hope we all get positive outcomes soon Inshallah.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:03 pm

shameem wrote:Salam Faisel. Stress, tell me about it. I only got married 2 months back and hubby applied 3 wks ago and like you i am well stressed. I think i am goin make myself ill soon....

Didnt think it would be this bad! Well for some reason i aint having any luck with the application number for the website, hubby not having any luck ringing the gerrys office either....!! WOT NEXT?? Sajdab any news ur end?

Susi its abit weird they refusing over ur nika nama when u sent both english and urdu ones!! How long ur appeal going to take? Wot they playing at? Makes you wonder if our documents are gonna be ok

There seems to be no definate time for processing visa applications. For some its taking around 10-15 days, others months!! Why is that? Dont know if i am gonna be able to take this stress for more months. Hope we all get positive outcomes soon Inshallah.
Salams Shameem,

i think thats the most frustrating part - that they refused it even though all the docs that they needed were there. the whole appeal process can take abt 8 months or maybe longer, however, it can take less time like 2 months or something if the appeal docs are sent to the post (BHC) rather than to the AIT, and if the BHC do not send them off to the AIT. Im hoping the ECO will look at the docs again and grant the visa and not send them to the IAT etc etc- im praying like anything for this to happen, just hope my prayers get answered really soon. i cant check the status of it either - i had enough problems trying to get something out og Gerrys or the website, but now i dont have that, wish there was a way of finding out.

khair, Inshallah you wont have a prob, the website may not b working, try again a little later, r u inputting ur ref in the correct format ?
usual time for visa processing is 60 working days - the excuse is that the eco's need to check and verify all the docs etc and make checks with the Home office in the UK, but most ppl hear from them in abt 35-ish working days .

just try to stay positive, and patient, and patient, and patient, and a little bit more patient,

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi Faisal - yeah I know Middlesbrough well! [Worst place in the UK according to Channel 4 lol) Very small community - Im guessing yr from the boro?

Brief response as Im shattered after work:-

Faisal - Visitor applications take 10-15 days and Settlement applications take up to 60 working days. (In effect 3 months!) All together now scream Aaaaah :o lol

Susi - no real news. Hubby ji rang the visa office and they said its still being processed call back in 2 days. ( Muppets lol). Anyhow, my hope for a miraculously quick response has faded - it aint gonna happen.

Faisal I thought visitors on a visitor visa couldnt get married in the UK without express authority? A separate application needed to be made to enable that wedding?? I may be mistaken and dont want to alarm u!!

Good luck and remember me in yr duas too!

Ta

hum786

Post by hum786 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi Guys,

After reading Sajdab, Shameem and Faisal's comments. My advise to you all is to just wait patiently DO NOT STRESS over this. Your applications are being dealt with and the ECO need time to process these. My case took 11 weeks altogether to process and i got a positive response at the end. I was going crazy like you guys and ended up getting ill and depressed.

I think you should all try calling the VAC after 4 weeks of submitting because trust me you guys are no where near getting a response yet. All of you call back after 7 - 8 weeks and try visitng the VAC too.

Inshallah Allah will reunite you with your partners. Ameen. I understand your frustration and beleive me if you submitted the correct paperwork theres no chance why your application shouldnt go through. Please pray for all of these ppl waiting. Allah make it easy for you.

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Aww hum thanks ever so much! Thanks for the duas!! I just pray its a positive outcome 4 us all
Last edited by sajdab on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Sallam All

yes sajdab, it did get voted the worst place, but if you look at it positively its the best place to be for an investor, if the only way is UP!
Yep im from Boroooooo...and i support the footy team. lol

Yes sajdab you are correct, we had to obtain Express Authority, in the form of a Certificate of Acceptance (COA) which we did from the home office, and this allowed us to get the marriage recognise officially under UK law (at a registry office).

Suppose thats why my application is rather unique is some respects, this is another reason im hoping for a positive outcome out of all this.

I gave my wife al the paperwork needed except an official letter from my employer stating my position and salary...does anyone know, if this is really neccessary? just in case i have tried e-mail the British High Commission, just waiting for their response, i may need to send it directly to them.

I hope its quicker than 60 Working days...im soooo stresssed, counting the days and im only at number 11. AHHHHHHH

Inshallah i remember you all in my Dua's AMEEEN!!!!

OK im going to watch Welcome (Bollywood rubbish) now, tooo cheer myself up abit.

Allah Hafiz

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Imagine findin a local on here!!!!! How long did it take for you to get express authortiy faisal?

Also, I think the letter from yr employer is very important - it essentially demonstrates that you have funds to make sure that you wont need to rely on public funds to support you or yr wife.

Welcome is funny - i like a song from that rubbish!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:23 am

I thought so Sajdab, I e-mailed the IOC. hope they reply soon............but i not getting my hopes up yet, until i get a official reply but It may help in bringing my file to their attention

Im going to post a copy of the letter in the mornng to my wife, im hoping they will get back to me before she gets it, so she will forward in to them inland.

Regarding express authority didnt take long approximately 2 - 3 weeks, but it is only given if the visitor has in excess of 3 months remaining on the visitor visa, Luckily my wife was given a 2 years visitor visa pass, however she did need to leave the country every 6 months but it meant she didnt have to apply again for a visit until them 2 years are over.

My wife has visited UK many times before that, her two brother are also settled here, she lived with them...always leaving before her visas expiring...so inshallah im hoping for some news preety soon.

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:06 am

Sallam All!!

Quick Question:

on the UK Visa Tracking site is says "Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC"

What does Islamabad OC mean?????

Whats the next step, and how many more steps are they?

Is the Application currently with the British High Commission??

Who exactly makes the final decision the Islamabad OC (Whoever they are) or the British High Commission??

Thanks

shameem

Post by shameem » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:24 am

Faisel, just a question, how are you entering the reference number? What is the correct way to enter the number? I seem to be having so much problems..... It doesnt seem to recognise my reference number! :cry:

shameem

Post by shameem » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 am

Thanx for your words of advice HUM786! Of course we got to be patient....but its hard work. Didnt realise the length it takes to get this visa stuff sorted. But oh well we just got to wait............and wait..........and wait...................

Pharoah_Faisel

Application Referance Number Layout!!!!!!

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:53 am

Shameem, this is how its Set out

ISL/010708/123456/1 <<<< APP REF NUM IS THIS FORMAT

isl = islamabad (Abbreviation of whichever office you submitted the app)
2nd part = the date that you submitted the application
123456/1 = ref no (should be on the receipt)

Date of birth (of applicant)

*********Basically on the reciept the application number is shown with
"-" marks, substitute them for "/" marks***********

If its still not working after you have done the above, it is possible that the Gerry's office has made a input error when typing the DOB.

shameem

Post by shameem » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:24 pm

HURRAY!! Finally i got the number to work and the status says "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC." Someone earlier reckoned OC stood for Islamabad Commonwealth Office!! Dont know if thats true or not.

However ppl reckon that the website is not really good at updating your application status anyway. Sum ppl have the passports in their hand after picking it up from the Gerrys office but the website hasnt been updated. At least we got something to go on 4 the minute.

I keep on getting conflicting stories about how long it usually takes for all this visa stuff to go thru. Someone told me 2day it can go up to 2-3 months yet hubby was told to call back in 3 wks if he hasnt heard anything. :? The quickest i heard was someone getting their visa in 1 week. So anythings possible. Just got 2b positive. Wots gonna happen will happen!!

sajdab
Newly Registered

Post by sajdab » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:39 am

Hey shameem, so pleased that you finally got it working!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:17 am

Sallam All

Congrats Shameem, glad to hear you got it working,...i know how you feel, i felt the same a few days ago when i got mine working...It does provide some sort of re-assurance.

I'v told my wife to back to the gerrys office, or ring in about 2 weeks, just incase the website isnt updted.

My status is the same as yours shameem, my application was submitted round 9th july, when was yours?

OC = Commonwealth Office or CO = Commonwealth Office

truthfully i dont know what it means all i know is that it means it hasnt reached the British High Commission (BHC) who ultimately will make the decision abut granting the visa..

ok im off might watch some of RACE, heard its a good rubbish

Allah Hafiz