ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Meed9687
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by Meed9687 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:19 pm

A friend from 18th Dec Ceremony 10am also received her Certificate today.. Hopefully we from 19th will start getting ours in the next couple of days.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:01 am

Meed9687 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:19 pm
A friend from 18th Dec Ceremony 10am also received her Certificate today.. Hopefully we from 19th will start getting ours in the next couple of days.
People from October were getting their certs with a 2 week/month gap based on the ceremony (ie if you were on 1pm, you got your cert in early Nov, 3pm - early Dec).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

lefsler
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by lefsler » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:46 am

Mine was on December 18 in the afternoon, hopefully I am able to get it when I am back on Feb 1st by either going to the an post or if they send it later

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:58 am

lefsler wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:46 am
Mine was on December 18 in the afternoon, hopefully I am able to get it when I am back on Feb 1st by either going to the an post or if they send it later
I'd hope for mid Feb/March, to be honest; that'll be great if they achieve a better turnaround, but doubt that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:55 pm

I had emailed the minister office and asked for an update. sharing the response i received today. Last paragraph is interesting. It doesnt mention anything about traveling or what we should submit to our employer as a proof.

>Thank you for your correspondence regarding naturalisation to the Minister of Justice, Ms. Helen McEntee T.D. I am responding to you on behalf of the Minister.

Firstly, congratulations again on your Irish Citizenship.

I appreciate receiving your Certificate of naturalisation is important to you.

At present, certificates are being posted to successful applicants after they attend a Ceremony and perform their Oath of Allegiance rather than presenting them on the day of the ceremony.

I am advised by the Citizenship Division that they are currently in the process of printing and issuing certificates for this candidates that attended the December ceremonies. There were over 6,000 attendees at the ceremonies and therefore it constitutes a large body of work.

All applicants can be assured that they will receive their Certificate of Naturalisation in due course.

Finally, you are a naturalised Irish citizen once you attended the Ceremony and gave your Oath of Allegiance to the State. There is no need to renew your immigration permission whilst you await a certificate. Your patience at this time is appreciated.

I trust this is of assistance.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:52 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:55 pm
It doesnt mention anything about traveling or what we should submit to our employer as a proof.
Because there's nothing they can provide I guess.
They could've scanned the signature slips with our and official's signature and give us a copy as proof (or hand it over once ceremony is over), so employers could verify via ISD, but that's a bit of an utopian dream.

Stay0
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Stay0 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 am

cnbyz wrote:
I had emailed the minister office and asked for an update. sharing the response i received today. Last paragraph is interesting. It doesnt mention anything about traveling or what we should submit to our employer as a proof.

>Thank you for your correspondence regarding naturalisation to the Minister of Justice, Ms. Helen McEntee T.D. I am responding to you on behalf of the Minister.

At present, certificates are being posted to successful applicants after they attend a Ceremony and perform their Oath of Allegiance rather than presenting them on the day of the ceremony.

I am advised by the Citizenship Division that they are currently in the process of printing and issuing certificates for this candidates that attended the December ceremonies. There were over 6,000 attendees at the ceremonies and therefore it constitutes a large body of work.

All applicants can be assured that they will receive their Certificate of Naturalisation in due course.

Finally, you are a naturalised Irish citizen once you attended the Ceremony and gave your Oath of Allegiance to the State. There is no need to renew your immigration permission whilst you await a certificate. Your patience at this time is appreciated.

Thank you for sharing this.
Failing to voice our concerns through complaints or petitions is unlikely to prompt any improvement in their frequent failures and the overall deficiency of this service. The notion that 6000 ceremony attendees constitute a body of work is laughable. They were aware of these numbers and should have adequately prepared. Waiting over 8 weeks, and even longer in some cases, for naturalisation certification is unacceptable. The delay in issuing these certificates not only affects subsequent ceremonies but also prolongs the timeline for approved individuals, some of whom have paid €950 without knowing when the next ceremony will take place. It becomes a snowball effect, and unless we escalate our concerns beyond mere complaints, meaningful changes won't occur.

Stay0
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Stay0 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 am

Stay0 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:06 am
cnbyz wrote:

Failing to voice our concerns through complaints or petitions is unlikely to prompt any improvement in their frequent failures and the overall deficiency of this service. The notion that 6000 ceremony attendees constitute a body of work is laughable. They were aware of these numbers and should have adequately prepared. Waiting over 8 weeks, and even longer in some cases, for naturalisation certification is unacceptable. The delay in issuing these certificates not only affects subsequent ceremonies but also prolongs the timeline for approved individuals, some of whom have paid €950 without knowing when the next ceremony will take place. It becomes a snowball effect, and unless we escalate our concerns beyond mere complaints, meaningful changes won't occur.
I mean that as a "collective," we must speak out against the poor service to bring about meaningful change.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:56 am

I couldnt agree more. If we raise our voice and go public, those certificates would be issued and delivered in a week . As understood from the email correspondence they have zero idea how this could impact folks. I will respond and let them know that without valid residence permit you cant work or travel.

just FYI, My IRP is valid until July. I have no problem renewing it if needed .The cost is covered by my employer . But i still find taking months to deliver a certificate is unacceptable therefore want to do something about it.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:32 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:56 am

I couldnt agree more. If we raise our voice and go public, those certificates would be issued and delivered in a week . As understood from the email correspondence they have zero idea how this could impact folks. I will respond and let them know that without valid residence permit you cant work or travel.

just FYI, My IRP is valid until July. I have no problem renewing it if needed .The cost is covered by my employer . But i still find taking months to deliver a certificate is unacceptable therefore want to do something about it.

I am not sure whether is response from the citizenship department is anymore infuriating:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.
Following the six ceremonies held in the Convention centre Monday 18th December and Tuesday 19th December, Citizenship staff are now back in the office and busy finalising applications and printing the appropriate certificates. Despite the number involved (approximately 6,000 files) it is expected certificates will start to issue within the coming weeks. Unfortunately it is not possible to give a more precise timeframe but be assured this work is being prioritised.

I am appalled as to how we are treated. They say we are Irish but cannot avail any of the privileges of an irish citizen. This is discrimination and unacceptable responses for a document that shoud not take two months to provide after years of waiting. A few weeks is not a few months and we are now in February. The body of work should have been prepared for well in advance before trying to make political stats look like they had been achieved.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:43 pm

Finally certificate received,
Attended Ceremoney on 18 of December morning first one .
Certificate was printed on 14 and posted on 31 January.

Good luck everyone waiting

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:58 am

New on forum wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:43 pm
Finally certificate received,
Attended Ceremoney on 18 of December morning first one .
Certificate was printed on 14 and posted on 31 January.

Good luck everyone waiting
thanks for the update. curious to know what happened between 14 and 31. 17 days. woow

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:56 am

We have just received our certificates after joining 1pm ceremony on 18th of December. I think they've started releasing the second batch now.

Kim2024
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kim2024 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:05 am

Glad to hear. Thanks for sharing. I'm Part of this batch. still trying to hold on to the little hope i have in this flawed system

newmember2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by newmember2023 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:16 am

Just received the cert (18th Dec 1 PM attendee)

dison22
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dison22 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:38 pm

Certificate received today (Ceremony 18th Dec 1pm)
Certificate printed 20th January
Posted 06/02/2024….good luck to everyone

rsureshr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rsureshr » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:14 pm

Naturalisation certificate received today for cermony attended on 18th Dec 2023 at 1 PM.

Kim2024
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kim2024 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:30 pm

Woohoo. Post man came through with the cert 1pm 18 Dec

gaamaganiwala
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gaamaganiwala » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:53 pm

Hello friends

I attended the ceremony @11 am on 18th of December and still waiting for the certificate.

Is there any way to contact department about that? Any email or postal address to send query on?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:39 pm

gaamaganiwala wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:53 pm
Hello friends

I attended the ceremony @11 am on 18th of December and still waiting for the certificate.

Is there any way to contact department about that? Any email or postal address to send query on?

You can try the classic citizenshipinfo@justice.ie , but will you get any meaningful response is a good question

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:55 pm

I wonder if anybody from the 19th have already received their certs or have a guesstimate when that might be

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:55 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:55 pm
I wonder if anybody from the 19th have already received their certs or have a guesstimate when that might be
my guess can be seen below. you should start seeing the certs after 20th Feb

Ceremony date Date Printed Date Posted
18th Dec 11:00 AM 14-Jan
1:00 PM 20-Jan 06-Feb
3:00 PM 27-Jan 13-Feb

19th Dec 11:00 AM 02-Feb 20-Feb
1:00 PM 09-Feb 27-Feb
3:00 PM 16-Feb 05-Mar
cert.jpg
cert.jpg (43.87 KiB) Viewed 1950 times

gaamaganiwala
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gaamaganiwala » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:17 pm

Thank you so much.

I am waiting for naturalization certificate however today i got an email from citizenshipinfor@justice.ie and they want an upto date garda vetting. Why they need at this stage since my application is already been processed.
Can anybody help please?

meself2 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:39 pm
gaamaganiwala wrote:
Hello friends

You can try the classic citizenshipinfo@justice.ie , but will you get any meaningful response is a good question

Adam2217
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Adam2217 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:55 pm

gaamaganiwala wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:17 pm
Thank you so much.

I am waiting for naturalization certificate however today i got an email from citizenshipinfor@justice.ie and they want an upto date garda vetting. Why they need at this stage since my application is already been processed.
Can anybody help please?

meself2 wrote:
gaamaganiwala wrote:
Hello friends

This must be system error, I think you just got the email that says dear applicant, your application is accepted for processing and and up to date Garda report is now required.

You may contact them to make sure, but highly likely it’s an error.

Did they sent you by calling your name in the email and told you they need to update the vetting before issuing the cert
Or the email say dear applicant?
Dear applicant email was sent to many for the second and for the third time this week

gaamaganiwala
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gaamaganiwala » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:48 pm

It is does not have my name rather addressed as dear applicant. It must be generic email then.
I will hoever email them to ask for my naturalization certificate in a few days. In December ceremony they said you all are Irish citizens now then what is the point to be vetted again if i am an Irish citizen :(

Adam2217 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:55 pm
gaamaganiwala wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:17 pm
Thank you so much.

Can anybody help please?

meself2 wrote:
gaamaganiwala wrote:
Hello friends

This must be system error, I think you just got the email that says dear applicant, your application is accepted for processing and and up to date Garda report is now required.

You may contact them to make sure, but highly likely it’s an error.

Did they sent you by calling your name in the email and told you they need to update the vetting before issuing the cert
Or the email say dear applicant?
Dear applicant email was sent to many for the second and for the third time this week