ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanak

Post by sanak » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Push

Can you please let me know if i have missed any document

Age -20
document i am submitting
Original Passport

Degree - 30
document i am submitting
Original Degree
Naric Letter
Print that the Degree is present in Tier1 Calculator

Earning -35
document i am submitting
12 Month Payslip from Jun08 - Sept 08 and Jan09 - August 09
15 Month Bank statement
Letter from the emplyer confirming pay
Letetr from employer stating start and end date of Materinity

UK exp -5 point

English -10
Lat leave given under HSMP hence automatically qualify.

Maintenance fund -10
3 Month Banks statement

Dependants
Marraige Certificate
Birth certificate
Maintenance fund covering letter.

Push Can you please confirm if i am missing anything.

Also push my company has standard letter in which in the last paragraph they mention a line "This letter is given in good faith and is without liability to XXXXXX or its officers" I am not sure if this is ok. But they said this is the standard way they write.

Also push there in Tier 1 dependant form i have following queries page 17 section2 of the application for D3 and D4 .

D3 Which date the entry clearance or visa issued will this be when my dependant got Work permit dependant stamp or when he first came to UK on Business visa or HSMP initial stamped date from UK.

D4 Please enter the reference number which shoud be entered.

In page 28 section 4 question H2 has the main applicant has received a notification that there application for leave to remain under PBS has been sucessfull.

Page 29 section4 question J4 Maintenance certified by the sponser do i need to tick this or which should i select.

Thanks a lot in advance
Last edited by sanak on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

sanak

Post by sanak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:01 am

hi Vardhineni,

I am applying for HSMp Extension ... Can you please send me a covering letter sample for dependants

Thanks a lot in advance...

ali_hsn

application in person

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi all,

Just called the homeoffice for inperson application and got back a straight NO for the rest of 2009??? I thought I was being fair when calling in to book appointment for 25 Sep, almost one month.
Any ideas when I should call for the appointment i.e. Tuesday 1st Sep for 12th Oct Appointment? 6 weeks (Monday being bank holiday)

ps: applying for initial Tier 1 General switching from workpermit

regards,

shinetk9
Newly Registered

when should I call HO for appointment?

Post by shinetk9 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks Push,

I called HO and got an appointment for 7th Oct.

sanak

Post by sanak » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:46 am

Hi Push ,

Thanks for previous reply can you please let me know your suggestion for below.

Thanks alot in advance.
sanak wrote:Hi Push

Age -20
document i am submitting
Original Passport

Degree - 30
document i am submitting
Original Degree
Naric Letter

Earning -35
document i am submitting
15 Month Bank statement

UK exp -5 point

English -10

Maintenance fund -10
3 Month Banks statement

Dependants
Marraige Certificate
Birth certificate

Also push my company has standard letter in which in the last paragraph they mention a line "This letter is given in good faith and is without liability to XXXXXX or its officers" I am not sure if this is ok. But they said this is the standard way they write.

Also push there in Tier 1 dependant form i have following queries page 17 section2 of the application for D3 and D4 .

D3 Which date the entry clearance or visa issued will this be when my dependant got Work permit dependant stamp or when he first came to UK on Business visa or HSMP initial stamped date from UK.

D4 Please enter the reference number which shoud be entered.

In page 28 section 4 question H2 has the main applicant has received a notification that there application for leave to remain under PBS has been sucessfull.

Page 29 section4 question J4 Maintenance certified by the sponser do i need to tick this or which should i select.

Thanks a lot in advance

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:46 pm

sanak wrote:Hi Push

Age -20
document i am submitting
Original Passport

Degree - 30
document i am submitting
Original Degree
Naric Letter

Earning -35
document i am submitting
15 Month Bank statement

UK exp -5 point

English -10

Maintenance fund -10
3 Month Banks statement

Dependants
Marraige Certificate
Birth certificate

Also push my company has standard letter in which in the last paragraph they mention a line "This letter is given in good faith and is without liability to XXXXXX or its officers" I am not sure if this is ok. But they said this is the standard way they write. - Thats perfectly fine

D3 Which date the entry clearance or visa issued will this be when my dependant got Work permit dependant stamp or when he first came to UK on Business visa or HSMP initial stamped date from UK. - when dependant got HSMP dependant stamp - they have all the details so dont be too fussed about these
D4 Please enter the reference number which shoud be entered. - its the no on the visa- the number in Red

In page 28 section 4 question H2 has the main applicant has received a notification that there application for leave to remain under PBS has been sucessfull. - No

Page 29 section4 question J4 Maintenance certified by the sponser do i need to tick this or which should i select. - not applicable for Tier-1 dependants
Thanks a lot in advance
All seems fine

sush1
Newly Registered

Earnings proof for PEO appointment

Post by sush1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi Push,
I am new to this forum and needed some advice.
I am currently on WP and applying for tier 1 in 1st week of Oct at Croydon PEO.
I have my payslip from sep 08 to Jun 09 stamped and signed by the HR on 19th July 09.
I will be collecting the payslip for july 09 & Aug 09 in coming week.
So i will have different dates and may be different Hr sign on the last 2 payslips.

Will it cause any prob??
Before I was planning to apply in Sep 09 in person but I didnt get any date in Sep.so I had to get 2 more payslips.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Earnings proof for PEO appointment

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 am

sush1 wrote:Hi Push,
I am new to this forum and needed some advice.
I am currently on WP and applying for tier 1 in 1st week of Oct at Croydon PEO.
I have my payslip from sep 08 to Jun 09 stamped and signed by the HR on 19th July 09.
I will be collecting the payslip for july 09 & Aug 09 in coming week.
So i will have different dates and may be different Hr sign on the last 2 payslips.

Will it cause any prob??
Before I was planning to apply in Sep 09 in person but I didnt get any date in Sep.so I had to get 2 more payslips.
The different dates or different HR signatories is not a problem at all. I remember that my initial HSMP application in 2007, I too had to get my payslips signed and stamped at different dates as had got it done in two batches. Plus, the HR official was different for the 2nd batch. This is acceptable and you should be fine.
Regards,
crowbar6

dupuytren

postgraduate doctor

Post by dupuytren » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello all

I got my Tier 1 (General) Visa in Croydon today, applied in person and got it within 2-3 hours, everything went very smoothly and they didn't even ask me anything! I suppose my application was fairly straight forward, but I wanted to apply in person as my friend's application went rather complicated in Birmingham.

Unlike most of the others, I am applying as an INITIAL application, my previous visa was as a postgraduate doctor because I graduated from medschool in the UK and thus given limited leave to remain. My prev visa expires this time next year but since I qualify for the points I wanted to apply now and get it over and done with.

General comments:
- if u are a post graduate doctor, it's best to apply in person. In the new Tier 1 (General) Visa initial application; there is a restriction which does not allow Doctors to train in the UK. However, if you have permission to train in this country from a previous visa, you should not be given this restriction. I knew someone who applied earlier than me but she did not point this out, and at that time Tier 1 was still new so she got the restriction stamped on her visa, and had to fight with the case worker to have the restriction removed. This was in Birmingham. I had no such problem in Croydon, in fact the lady was very nice and seemed to know what she was doing. I am glad I was there as I was able to have this discussion with her after she checked all my documents, and she told me that she will ensure I have no such restriction written in my Tier 1 Visa.

- regarding bank statements, I had a bit of a headache with this for both as proof of income and maintenance. Be prepared early. That's my only advice. I did not want to risk it with printed out copies from the bank etc, I wanted originals. I bank with Natwest where I receive my money from my employer. They will produce duplicate copies for any missing statements in the post for £5 per request, it certainly looks like the original but it doesn't have the summary sheet in the front. I removed all the other summary sheets from other months except for the 1st month as proof of address (not that this is necessary, but just in case) - this was accepted.

- for maintenance, I bank with Barclays (Regular Saver), so I only have money going in there once a month, I asked the to produce a whole year's bank statement until 1st Sept, they did it for me for free. I have more than 800 in there so it was ok, but the bank statement did take ages to come. As backup, I also contacted Alliance and Leicester where I have a current account, asked them to send me 4 months worth of bank statement, each cost me £5 but worth it, these came within 1-2 days. Again, I just put statements from both banks in case one gets rejected.

- photos- dont take this for granted coz I did! the day before my appointment ie yesterday I was reading this forum and realised some ppl's applications were rejected due to photos. After reading the guidelines, I realised that the photos I wanted to bring with me were ones which I was smiling/grinning in - LOL. I had to rush off to Sainsbury's to a Photo Booth and took photos of me not smiling as per guidelines. It got printed out and there were streaks of white stuff on it, so I have to drive all the way to another Sainsbury's in a rush - this time photos were printed ok but not in a great condition, at least there were no white crappy smudges on it like the other one. It got accepted.

- if you are a graduate from Cambridge or Oxford, your Master of Arts degree is accepted for the initial applications. I didnt bring my Bachelor of Medicine/Surgery certificates as Bachelor degree = 0 points. It was also accepted for 10 points for English but I guess that was obvious. So basically I only submitted the MA certificate to them.

- if u are going to croydon and not from london like me, i booked a hotel and stayed the night before. it u can, book a 9am appointment. the queue wasnt long at all and by the time I submitted my application it was only 9.30am and went back to the hotel to chill. That Whitgift shopping place looks like a dump so I didn't want to go there. The lady told me to return at 11.30am and it was done by then, she told me my application was fine and I had to wait downstairs to pick up my passport. I didn't realise it was ready to pick up so I waited for 1 hour thinking there was a queue but people just walked to the counter and jumped queue! argh. lesson learnt, you shouldnt be polite in these situations! lol.

Ok hope that's helpful to the relevant people.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:12 pm

oh ps, as i have noticed some questions from other posters, i will try to help. this is regarding booking an appointment. you can only book 6 week in advance and not any earlier.

the lines open at 9am. you MUST start dialling from 8.55am nonstop. The lines will get busy and everyone will get absolutely insane trying to call in. I acutally had to try about 4-5 attempts over a period of several weeks until I finally got through and got my appointment. To be honest only the final atttempt I rang before 9am. In the previous attempts I was at work and by the time I remembered I had to call it was already 9.10am or so, by then they will tell u the dates for that day (6 wk in advance) is totally full and you have to ring the next day. I tried ringing once at about 4pm and they offered me an appointment which someone cancelled but it was in 2 days' time in somewhere far away from me like Sheffield so I had to decline. but if u arent working or have the week off that would work for u.

flytouknida

Post by flytouknida » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:02 am

Hi All,
I have an appointment on Monday(Sept-14th). I have all documents ready. I have following queries

1) I am showing last 12 months bankstatements for my earning. I am using same bankstatements for maintaince fund( I have only one account for salary and saving :). Ofcourse I have more money to meet requirement). Is it ok or shall I need to take any letter from Bank for maintaince fund?

2) I am applying along with two dependants. Is it required to go along with them or shall I go alone?

3) Is it OK to pay fee using my credit card?

4) Shall I get any remainder message about my appointment from HO?

Thanks in advance
Nida

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 pm

flytouknida wrote:Hi All,
I have an appointment on Monday(Sept-14th). I have all documents ready. I have following queries

1) I am showing last 12 months bankstatements for my earning. I am using same bankstatements for maintaince fund( I have only one account for salary and saving :). Ofcourse I have more money to meet requirement). Is it ok or shall I need to take any letter from Bank for maintaince fund?
It should be fine. You don't need any separate letter from the bank. Just mention in the cover letter that you are using the same statements for both Earnings and Maintenance.

2) I am applying along with two dependants. Is it required to go along with them or shall I go alone?
Its not mandatory for dependants to accompany you. But you can take them along with you for timepass. :)

3) Is it OK to pay fee using my credit card?
I think it should be fine. But not sure. Just wait for others to reply.

4) Shall I get any remainder message about my appointment from HO?
You'll get an SMS the day before your appointment. But it will not contain any reference number that you got when you book your appointment.

Thanks in advance
Nida

extn.t1
Newly Registered

No Appointments until 21st October 2009

Post by extn.t1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi All,

I had called HO to book an appointment at Croydon PEO this morning and found that its booked until 21st October 2009.

I shall be applying for extension under tier-1 general and switching from hsmp!

Please post if there is any update on availability of slots.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 pm

it is definitely ok to pay by credit card as long as you have the credit limit for it. i paid by debit card, and they had to put me through to my bank for a security check. quite a lot of ppl who paid by card had to do that.

12 bank statements is fine, can also be used for maintenance.

ps i think it is a bit too hopeful to find out re: availability here, u just have to ring everyday until u get it. i think if there is a slot available, quite frankly, most ppl will take it, not advertise it!

sanak

Post by sanak » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 am

hi push/ramesh/vinny

Thanks for the advice ..my visa was approved and all went good...

I really want to thank push specially.....

if anyone require any help please dnt hesitate to ask.

Thanks

flytouknida

Post by flytouknida » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi All,
Today I applied inperson appointment in Croydon office. I got visa. My appoint was 10'0 clock. I got my visa around 2.30PM.

Thanks for this forum and solved many doubts.

Thanks
Nida

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Today I applied inperson appointment in Croydon office. I got visa. My appoint was 10'0 clock. I got my visa around 2.30PM.

Thanks
Nida
Congrats Nida. YOu must be relieved now after the earlier misadventure :)
Regards,
crowbar6

flytouknida

Post by flytouknida » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 am

Yeah, lot of relief.
As you know my earlier application, I sent in post, returned as invalid application due to photographs. But to take that decision they took almost 25days. Its really stupid. I think they should check all these things before taking fee.

Is there any place we can suggest/compaint about this?

Thanks
Nida

crowbar6 wrote:

Thanks
Nida
Congrats Nida. YOu must be relieved now after the earlier misadventure :)

lavkir
BANNED

Got appointment at PEO Croydon!

Post by lavkir » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:07 am

I got an appointment today for my HSMP to Tier1 extension on 02 November at PEO Croydon. I started calling 0870 606 7766 from 08:56, got connected at 08:59 and surprisingly at 09:02 the operator came on the line.

Took my name, DOB, telephone number and same details for dependant. The operator then gave me a reference number & unexpectedly within a few minutes got a text confirming the appointment details.

There was a strange question around whether I was applying for 5 years or 4 years, got confused, she asked whether I am applying under HSMP JR, I said no. I told her earlier that I am on HSMP and going for Tier1, dont know why this confusion on 4 or 5 years? Anyway I said I am going for 5 years and rest was fine.

Wish me luck for the appointment folks!

push
United Kingdom

Re: Got appointment at PEO Croydon!

Post by push » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:50 pm

lavkir wrote:I got an appointment today for my HSMP to Tier1 extension on 02 November at PEO Croydon. I started calling 0870 606 7766 from 08:56, got connected at 08:59 and surprisingly at 09:02 the operator came on the line.

Took my name, DOB, telephone number and same details for dependant. The operator then gave me a reference number & unexpectedly within a few minutes got a text confirming the appointment details.

There was a strange question around whether I was applying for 5 years or 4 years, got confused, she asked whether I am applying under HSMP JR, I said no. I told her earlier that I am on HSMP and going for Tier1, dont know why this confusion on 4 or 5 years? Anyway I said I am going for 5 years and rest was fine.

Wish me luck for the appointment folks!
Good. The appointments are now available online as well!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:51 pm

hi,

i've managed to get in-person appointment on 20th october 09 on Croydon. i applied via UKBA website on 18th september 09. i've received the email confirmation but not via sms.

i hope everything goes well according to my plan, i am currently on PSW with 9 months left.

shinetk9
Newly Registered

tier1 extension in person at Corydon on 7th Oct

Post by shinetk9 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:58 am

Hi all

I am applying for my tier1 extension in person at Corydon on 7th Oct. I have some doubts in filling the application.

D) Immigration History

D2) where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United
Kingdom?

D3) What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Should I give the first UK visa stamped on my passport (in my case my first UK visa was business visit visa), or is it the HSMP visa stamped on my passport?

Dependent Form

H2.Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the Points Based System has been successful?

My dependent are applying with me, so what should be the answer for this I guess it should be NO

H4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

What should be the answer for this?

Maintenance certified by the sponsor
J4. Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.
Should I tick this box?

help me please :?:

NishantJ
Newly Registered

extension 3 years granted (HSMP to Tier-1 General) In person

Post by NishantJ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

Last week got tier-1 general visa extension for 3 years, was converting from HSMP to Tier-1 general. I did it in person in the Croydon office. Here are some details which might help others:

1. Initially it was very difficult to get a appointment since it was always all booked. However one fine morning called exactly at 8:59 am and got a date after 6 weeks.

2. Prepared the application for myself and my wife (got a lot of help from this forum. thanks)

3. Appointment day, reached Croydon at 7:00 am (was travelling from Reading). Parked in Sainsbury parking in front of the Home office (across the road). Parking charges reasonable £5 for 5 hrs or so. Waited in the car park since my appointment was at 8:30 am, however now I think that I should have not wasted that time since when I reached the home office at 8:20am there was already a queue and they had already started processing, had to waste 30 mins (10 mins in the queue to get in, 20 mins in the queue to pay the fees) in the various queue even though I was just across the road from 7:00 am Sad

4. My papers where checked first at a counter on the ground floor, she gave me a token number and told me where to go to pay my fees, After paying fees at the 1st floor waited in the waiting area on the 1st floor. Waited for 15 mins, my number was called, gave all my papers to the case worker.
Do not staple your applications, the case workers just remove all the staples, my application got badly torn since I had used heavy duty stapler to staple it. Instead just use a binding clip or something like it which can be easily removed.

5. The case worker did not ask me any questions, I think my application was quite simple one. I just submitted my payslips and bank statement for the last 12 months, my passport,2 photos. That's it! since I had given other proof in my initial HSMP application 2 years back.

6. I was asked to wait for 1-2 hrs, went out to sainsbury to eat something, came back in 1.5 hrs. My name was called with the passports. Got the visa. The person who handed me the passport asked me to check it before I leave.

IMPORTANT: I found that the visa which was granted had a error, the passport number printed in my visa was wrong, it had 1 incorrect digit. I just happened to see that, the mistake was corrected but had to wait for 1 more hour, phew....

that's it.
Thanks to all the members in the forum.
Keep up the good work.

Nishant

oceanboy_99
Newly Registered

Post by oceanboy_99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi all,

I am writing to tell you my experience in having my permit successfully switched from student visa to Tier 1 General. I would like to thank the senior members (tvn_ramesh, push, chetanojha, nksg, and mvent00) and many others for your helpful guidance I obtained from this forum.

Yesterday, I attended my 11.00AM in-person appointment in Croydon, which I booked 6 weeks ago by calling the PEO number 08706067766 promptly at 8.58AM. Below is what happened chronologically:

1. Arrived at 10.05AM. Tried to queue for security check by joining the premium line indicated by a red paint on the floor. However, I was informed by the security guards to come back at 10.30AM. I thus rejoined the queue later (there were about 20 applicants in front of me). However, all of us still were not allowed to go through the security check as the security guards kept calling for 9.30AM and 10.00AM applicants (I had no idea why they were still waiting for them, it was already 10.45AM).

2. Finally, went through the airport-typed security check at 10.55AM and joined another queue. At 11.02 it was my turn to be seen by an officer who asked for my application form and passport. He then issued me a ticket (i.e. reference) number printed on a piece of paper (please keep this paper safe as you will need it throughout your entire application process). Was subsequently told to go up to the 1st floor for payment.
ATTENTION FOR NEW APPLICANTS: a new Tier 1 General form is now available (it is valid for applications made on or after 1 October 2009). Please see

Code: Select all

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45400
However, I used the old application form as I was not aware of the new one. The officer did not complain either.

3. Paid at 11.35AM and was given a proof of receipt.

QUESTION: I am not sure why there are two separate counters, one for ticket-issuing and another for payment. One of them seems redundant to me as the tasks could be performed by one counter only.

4. Sat in the waiting lounge and listened carefully for my number to be called. In 10 minutes, it was announced and I was seen by a staff who went through my application form and supporting documents. It took her approximately 25 minutes and then she left for another 10 minutes to photocopy all the documents. At 12.25PM, I was told that my applications needed a further cross-referencing and that I should go out and come back to meet her in two hours. Brought my ticket number as I would need it to re-enter the building.

5. Came back at 2.25PM, I could see the counter at which I was previously seen was still close. Waited 10 minutes, she re-openned her counter. My number was called (but not by her). Went to another counter, which I believe was a counter dedicated for collection. Was told that my new visa was granted. However, I was not entirely happy as the expiry date of my new Tier 1 General visa is three years from yesterday. I was not fully satisfied because from this forum, I read people had their new visas valid for three years from the expiry dates of their current visas.

6. I therefore tried to speak to my original case worker. She said that the expiry date of my newly approved Tier 1 General visa is contingent on the type of my current visa. For a student visa, the new Tier 1 visa will valid for three years from the date the student apply. While for some other types of visa, the new Tier 1 visa will valid for three years after the expiry date of the current visas. Could anyone confirm this please? My student visa was supposed to be valid for another 5 months =(.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Congratulations !

Yes,caseworker is right. Your's is initial application and will start from date of issue with 3 years validity. Cases you read are about extension applications.