ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

labelle

Post by labelle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 pm

kofi75 wrote:rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
copy your MP and be very assertive in your email.
and don't forget your prayer.For the fervent prayer of the just availeth much.
All the best
Totally, nothing like prayer coupled with the powerful word of God to move mountains, thanks for the email address .All is well.God is able. :lol: .
Pray until something happen.
Also confess Ezekiel 47:22-23.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm

kofi75 wrote:Made a joint application wth my wife on Zambrano as joint primary carers on the 10th December 2012.We received our COA's with right to work on the 7th of Jan 2013.I sent a letter to ukba and an email to liverpool passport return for an urgent consideration due to a family death on the 18th of February 2013.I got my passport,that of my wife and my step-son,s british passport back on the 28th of February 2013 wth no DRF card wth a letter not to return passports until a caseworker request.
I sent a strong letter of complaint and email to Rob Whiteman on the same day about not asking for passport returns but rather expedited consideration on compassionate grounds.
Got an email reply yesterday from Rob Whiteman(chief exec of UKBA)apologising for the poor service rendered and said our case has been expedited as quickly as possible but they need to do some checks b4 a decision can be reached.He assured a decision will be finalised likely by early next week.Fingers crossed.will keep u updated.
Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Glad they have promised to deal with your application speedily. I think I should contact my MP now. Please keep us posted about the good news next week. Best of luck to you and your family, your all in my prayers.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:22 pm

thanks and i ll keep you all updated.

spidexx
Newly Registered

Post by spidexx » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello People ,

I will like to know " what is this COA issued under Zambrano application ?" Is it just a sort of acknowledgement from UKBA saying they have recieved your application and they are processing it ? Or is it actually a document that gives you any right or entitlement for six months ??

Could someone please enlighten me ??

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 pm

It's an acknowledgement letter given after submitting an application under zambrano. It gives you right to live and work until such time your application is decided.
papa2

spidexx
Newly Registered

Post by spidexx » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 pm

mam2 wrote:It's an acknowledgement letter given after submitting an application under zambrano. It gives you right to live and work until such time your application is decided.
Oh thanks for your swift response. So does this mean that this COA is granted to everyone who applies for zambrano regardless of whether they qualify in the end or not ??
As in is it a standard acknowledgement letter issued to ecery Zmabrano application just like the rest of the COA's in other categories ??

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:32 pm

As far as I know,if you don't qualify,they would normally reject and return your documents to you. If they receive your application,check and you submitted everything required, and you meet the criteria set, they would normally issue COA with right to live and work depending on your individual circumstances. They are been naughty nowadays by not giving everyone right to work which should not be so really.
papa2

spidexx
Newly Registered

Post by spidexx » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm

mam2 wrote:As far as I know,if you don't qualify,they would normally reject and return your documents to you. If they receive your application,check and you submitted everything required, and you meet the criteria set, they would normally issue COA with right to live and work depending on your individual circumstances. They are been naughty nowadays by not giving everyone right to work which should not be so really.
Thanks.

spidexx
Newly Registered

Post by spidexx » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:35 pm

spidexx wrote:
mam2 wrote:As far as I know,if you don't qualify,they would normally reject and return your documents to you. If they receive your application,check and you submitted everything required, and you meet the criteria set, they would normally issue COA with right to live and work depending on your individual circumstances. They are been naughty nowadays by not giving everyone right to work which should not be so really.
Thanks.

Thanks a lot , you've been really helpful.
In my own case , i know i probably wont be granted under Zambrano as i will be applying based on my fiancee depending on me cos of her athritis , so its a bit of a 50-50 .
The only reason i am applying however is to prevent UKBA showing up on my wedding day, as they cant remove me if i have a pending application.

In your own experience, do you kow if its common for UKBA to just attend every wedding where one of the couple is an overstayer just so they can prevent the person having a stronger position when they finally make their application after the marriage.

Have you seen many cases where people with no leave have been able to marry in UK registries , without any disturbance from UKBA (except of course its a sham) ?

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 am

Any news people, zambrano's derivative resident card, seems to be the longest to issue, maybe its because most people applying for zambrano had no leave to remain? :cry: ...its taking longer than article 8 applications... I hope we hear good news soon, because some people have been waiting since 2011, and ukba, just don't seem to care... :cry:

labelle

Post by labelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

evie233 wrote:Any news people, zambrano's derivative resident card, seems to be the longest to issue, maybe its because most people applying for zambrano had no leave to remain? :cry: ...its taking longer than article 8 applications... I hope we hear good news soon, because some people have been waiting since 2011, and ukba, just don't seem to care... :cry:
Read somewhere that the ukba is waiting for the legal aid removal to take effect before they start to issue them, to reduce free judicial review.if people are unhappy with their decision.
dont know if that is true but it make sense. :?
Last edited by labelle on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Latest update on my zambrano.
I got an email from a caseworker requesting the special delivery number for the passports i sent back recently.
Fingers crossed,i will get my passport by latest Friday.
Keep praying :) :)

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:56 pm

@labelle,i dont think there will be a need for judicial reviews on refusals of zambrano since they will get a right of appeal.
Because most Zambrano applicants are direct family members to the british citizen and sent out their valid id as well.that is the criteria to get a right of appeal incase you get refused.

labelle

Post by labelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 pm

kofi75 wrote:@labelle,i dont think there will be a need for judicial reviews on refusals of zambrano since they will get a right of appeal.
Because most Zambrano applicants are direct family members to the british citizen and sent out their valid id as well.that is the criteria to get a right of appeal incase you get refused.
legal costs not specifically judicial review but this is one plausible explanation on why no RC have been granted yet.it just doesnt make sense , how long should it take to say yes or no.
Anyway , kofi Im glad that you got some movements , by His grace it will be swift. :D .
remain blessed

labelle

Post by labelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 pm

kofi75 wrote:Latest update on my zambrano.
I got an email from a caseworker requesting the special delivery number for the passports i sent back recently.
Fingers crossed,i will get my passport by latest Friday.
Keep praying :) :)
how long did it take before you recieved the first reply( referring to your email to rob whiteman)please?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 am

Rahim0171 wrote:they give 3 questions and answers why me unable to confirm right to work whilst my application is being considered.
my wifes COA failed to give right to work, after hitting a hell of a lot of emails at ukba, she got a new COA... perhaps try the same... (see my thread "IS96 reporting ..." just copy the email, and amend to your own needs....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20 post is on feb 13th :)
Last edited by wiggsy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 am

it took 5days,

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:32 am

spidexx wrote:Hello People ,

I will like to know " what is this COA issued under Zambrano application ?" Is it just a sort of acknowledgement from UKBA saying they have recieved your application and they are processing it ? Or is it actually a document that gives you any right or entitlement for six months ??

Could someone please enlighten me ??
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 026321.pdf

Prince74

Whiteman, where are thou ?

Post by Prince74 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm

kofi75 wrote:it took 5days,
I have sent a strong worded email to Mr Whiteman last Saturday, I hope he replies.

It's appalling to have an Article 8 application outstanding for nearly 3 years and Zambrano application outstanding since November 2011 and decisions are not being made on either of the two applications.

labelle

Re: Whiteman, where are thou ?

Post by labelle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Prince74 wrote:
I have sent a strong worded email to Mr Whiteman last Saturday, I hope he replies.

It's appalling to have an Article 8 application outstanding for nearly 3 years and Zambrano application outstanding since November 2011 and decisions are not being made on either of the two applications.
:x this is really appalling , prince74. I hope you get a prompt answer with results. Did you recieve any automated email when you sent your email on Saturday?
Wish someone will put an example of their complaint (without any personal details of course) like wiggsy did( Thank you wiggsy :P ) to help other who want to complain but don't know what to write. Just a thought. :wink:

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 pm

labelle wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

:x this is really appalling , prince74. I hope you get a prompt answer with results. Did you recieve any automated email when you sent your email on Saturday?
Wish someone will put an example of their complaint (without any personal details of course) like wiggsy did( Thank you wiggsy :P ) to help other who want to complain but don't know what to write. Just a thought. :wink:
Yes I received an automated email, but since then I've not heard anything. I hope they reply soon.

labelle

Post by labelle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Prince74 wrote:
labelle wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

Yes I received an automated email, but since then I've not heard anything. I hope they reply soon.
With a number:wink: , give them 5 days , I'm sure you will hear from them.
All the best .

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Im waiting on my zambrano case.i applied in sep 2012. They sent bk my all the original documents and ask can i send then GP or school letter mentioning that child wasnt out ofireland at all. Send it nearly month nd half ago.still waiting

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Have you received ur coa with right to work?

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Wat is coa?