ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 pm

EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news???

mexapp2012
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mexapp2012 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 am

mexapp2012 wrote:
joy2006 wrote:Hi everyone,

Got my package today from Post Office Depot and it was my PR;

My timeline has been;

- EEA4 Application sent: - 03 Jan 2012
- HO received it: - 04 Jan 2012
- COA received: - 20 Jan 2012 but dated 18 Jan 2012
- PR receieved 17 March 2012
- PR Issued 7 March 2012

Am happy and I can now go on my holiday in April as had planned.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting.....
Hi there...

Your application timeline gives me hope, but I was also hoping you could help with a couple of other questions I have...

I came to the UK in January as a marriage visitor, and got married to my EU National partner of 2 years on the 3rd of March. We submitted our EEA1 and EEA2 application on the 19th of March, and checked with the mail service who confirmed that it was delivered on the 20th.

I understand that I cant do much here in the UK until I receive any official documentation from Liverpool (by way of the COA, for eg.), so Im basically sat here twiddling my thumbs... My company is willing to transfer me to the UK office, but have asked for the COA or some sort of proof of residence and right to live and work in the UK. I'm also facing the same problem with opening a bank account, or getting a monthly mobile phone (or even a bloody gym membership). Everything seems to be dependent/conditional on one of the others existing, so it's quite frustrating.

Does anybody know if I can open a bank account anywhere as things currently stand? I spoke with HSBC with my passport before I actually turned in the application, but they later came back to tell me that they would need at least the COA, as well - maybe even the Residence Card stamp, before they could open a bank account for me. Am I allowed to work in the UK before I receive either the COA or the RC? Even if I am, it potentially leaves me with a pay cheque, but nowhere to deposit it...

Any sort of information/advice on how I can get on with my life here while I wait for the COA/RC would be very welcome...

Thanks...

PS - A couple of additional points. My job offer needs me to travel to Ireland as soon as I start. Assuming I get my COA by the end of April, I plan to ask for my passport back asap, and start working/open a bank account/etc...
I would then look to travel to Ireland as soon as I get my passport back, and I understand I would need to have my wife accompany me on the trip Dublin, by legal requirement, as I wouldnt have time to get a Schengen visa before the travel date.

We are then looking to travel to France on holiday in May. She is a French national (resident in the UK, of course, by virtue of living and working here). I understand that I will definitely need a Schengen visa to visit her country of citizenship, right?

Hi all. I couldn't make it to France last weekend, as we'd hoped to, but I wanted to let everybody here know that I got my passport back today, along with my residence card!

I had not received my COA, despite having sent in the application back in March, so I was quite nervous. I had never managed to get through to the UKBA (to be honest, I'd only tried 2 times - the 2nd time being yesterday), and I'd never sent an email to them.

I got both my COA letter, as well as my passport, along with the RC in the mail today, as I said. I've indicated my timelines below. I hope for respite and relief for everybody that's still waiting, soon -

Application sent: 19th March 2012
Application recd: 20th March 2012
COA recd: 25th May 2012 (issued, 15th May 2012)
RC & ppt recd: 25th May 2012 (issued, 15th May 2012)

All said and done, the application was effectively processed within a 2 month time frame, despite it being reported to take up to 6 months, so I can have no complaints.

Best wishes for all, still waiting on any/all documents, again...
Last edited by mexapp2012 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 am

Congrats sorry you missed your trip

but atleast you got the RC to make up for it
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Any updates guys, pls share your timeline :lol:
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Fri May 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Stilllll Waaaaaiiiiiittttttiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnng

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri May 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Another week is almost gone, still no RC : :(
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 pm

thats good news Congratulation mite which phone number you call them
Zkhan

kingade

Post by kingade » Fri May 25, 2012 6:19 pm

mexapp2012 wrote:
mexapp2012 wrote:
joy2006 wrote:Hi everyone,

Got my package today from Post Office Depot and it was my PR;

My timeline has been;

- EEA4 Application sent: - 03 Jan 2012
- HO received it: - 04 Jan 2012
- COA received: - 20 Jan 2012 but dated 18 Jan 2012
- PR receieved 17 March 2012
- PR Issued 7 March 2012

Am happy and I can now go on my holiday in April as had planned.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting.....
Hi there...

Your application timeline gives me hope, but I was also hoping you could help with a couple of other questions I have...

I came to the UK in January as a marriage visitor, and got married to my EU National partner of 2 years on the 3rd of March. We submitted our EEA1 and EEA2 application on the 19th of March, and checked with the mail service who confirmed that it was delivered on the 20th.

I understand that I cant do much here in the UK until I receive any official documentation from Liverpool (by way of the COA, for eg.), so Im basically sat here twiddling my thumbs... My company is willing to transfer me to the UK office, but have asked for the COA or some sort of proof of residence and right to live and work in the UK. I'm also facing the same problem with opening a bank account, or getting a monthly mobile phone (or even a bloody gym membership). Everything seems to be dependent/conditional on one of the others existing, so it's quite frustrating.

Does anybody know if I can open a bank account anywhere as things currently stand? I spoke with HSBC with my passport before I actually turned in the application, but they later came back to tell me that they would need at least the COA, as well - maybe even the Residence Card stamp, before they could open a bank account for me. Am I allowed to work in the UK before I receive either the COA or the RC? Even if I am, it potentially leaves me with a pay cheque, but nowhere to deposit it...

Any sort of information/advice on how I can get on with my life here while I wait for the COA/RC would be very welcome...

Thanks...

PS - A couple of additional points. My job offer needs me to travel to Ireland as soon as I start. Assuming I get my COA by the end of April, I plan to ask for my passport back asap, and start working/open a bank account/etc...
I would then look to travel to Ireland as soon as I get my passport back, and I understand I would need to have my wife accompany me on the trip Dublin, by legal requirement, as I wouldnt have time to get a Schengen visa before the travel date.

We are then looking to travel to France on holiday in May. She is a French national (resident in the UK, of course, by virtue of living and working here). I understand that I will definitely need a Schengen visa to visit her country of citizenship, right?

Hi all. I couldn't make it to France last weekend, as we'd hoped to, but I wanted to let everybody here know that I got my passport back today, along with my residence card!

I had not received my COA, despite having sent in the application back in March, so I was quite nervous. I had never managed to get through to the UKBA (to be honest, I'd only tried 2 times - the 2nd time being yesterday), and I'd never sent an email to them.

I got both my COA letter, as well as my passport, along with the RC in the mail today, as I said. I've indicated my timelines below. I hope for respite and relief for everybody that's still waiting, soon -

Application sent: 19th March 2012
Application recd: 20th March 2012
COA recd: 25th May 2012 (issued, 15th May 2012)
RC & ppt recd: 25th May 2012 (issued, 15th May 2012)

All said and done, the application was effectively processed within a 2 month time frame, despite it being reported to take up to 6 months, so I can have no complaints.

Best wishes for all, still waiting on any/all documents, again...
Hello mexapp2012,
Congratulations that was so quick.Did u hassle them at all.I mean did call or email HO. Thanks

My timeline is as follows

EEA1 and EEA2 Application sent 7th March 2012
EEA1 and EEA2 Application received by HO 8th March 2012
EEA1 registration certificate and COA with right to work received in the same pack on 25th April 2012
EEA1 registration certificate and COA was issued 12th April 2012
RC: waiting hope tommorow

Cherry_xue
Newly Registered

Post by Cherry_xue » Fri May 25, 2012 9:38 pm

I am also waiting. When can the RC come??

shamababes
Newly Registered

Frustrated

Post by shamababes » Fri May 25, 2012 9:44 pm

I sent my EEA2 application on April 20 - UKBA received on 23rd. After three weeks my hubby emailed requesting a status report. There was a response that the application needed to be located so I sent the royal mail reference number.
After one week and more I received the entire application stating that I need to provide his passport. This is after I called to find out whether his naturalisation certificate would suffice as a valid ID and I was told "yes".

Why are they giving conflicting information? I am now in limbo. Thank God I have a job and intelligent employers are willing to consider my applications when I show my marriage certificate; EEA2 family permit; and hubby's passport. But how long will this goodwill last?

I now have to resend everything which is going to take time to process... So unfair

kool145
Newly Registered

Post by kool145 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 am

Friend of mine non eea
EEA 2 sent 28/3/2012
No coa
RC ricive 25/05/2012
came with fp.

jayven

Post by jayven » Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm

EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news??

I am thinking about contacting the home office as there is a job going in my area and i would like to apply for it.
My COA is valid for 3 more months, then after that i will need to show my resident card.
Does anyone have any advice? where can i find the correct email or phone number to check on my documents?

Thanks

Cherry_xue
Newly Registered

Post by Cherry_xue » Sat May 26, 2012 6:55 pm

iamcompletelymad

Post by iamcompletelymad » Sat May 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi all. I got my residence card today.. SO happy ""!!!! :)

iamcompletelymad

Post by iamcompletelymad » Sat May 26, 2012 7:04 pm

I just wanted to ask if there is anything to be worried about at immigration counters when i am flying back to uk ?? :/

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:26 pm

iamcompletelymad wrote:Hi all. I got my residence card today.. SO happy ""!!!! :)
Congrats to you, enjoy!!! :D

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 26, 2012 8:11 pm

iamcompletelymad wrote:I just wanted to ask if there is anything to be worried about at immigration counters when i am flying back to uk ?? :/
No, you should be fine.

jayven

Post by jayven » Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 am

Hi all. I got my residence card today.. SO happy ""!!!! :)[/quote]

congratulation!! that was really quick!! tell me what is your secret?? :lol:
always happy to heard when someone gets their RC !! ENjoy

jayven

Post by jayven » Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 am

Hi jayven, the email address is: LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk[/quote]

thanks alot!! i will contact them as soon as i can !!!! hope to hear some good news soon !! xue_Cn

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Sun May 27, 2012 8:18 am

Hi guys any update January application
Application send 20/01/2012
Ho received. 23/01/2012
COA Received. 27/02/2012 with right to work
RC no news maybe this week
Zkhan

kingade

Post by kingade » Sun May 27, 2012 10:31 am

iamcompletelymad wrote:I just wanted to ask if there is anything to be worried about at immigration counters when i am flying back to uk ?? :/
Its like i notice a trend that HO is just issuing RC for new applicants without COA is this correct.I hope to get my RC soon

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:28 pm

kingade wrote:
Its like i notice a trend that HO is just issuing RC for new applicants without COA is this correct.I hope to get my RC soon
I guess those applicants with FP are given RC quicker because they haven't overstayed? Just my thought.

munkeehmagic
Newly Registered

EEA2 Timeline..

Post by munkeehmagic » Mon May 28, 2012 11:15 am

Hi all,

I have been the silence reader of this forum for quite a while.
My timeline reports are as follows:

EEA sent on 23 December 2011
COA received on 23 January 2012 (dated 18 January 2011)
RC- still waiting…

I don’t know why the UKBA taking ages to process the December applicants. I sent three emails asking about the status of my application, yet no reply from them… I am not an overstayer and I had Family Permit applied from my home country.
:(

Savanahlion
Newly Registered

Post by Savanahlion » Mon May 28, 2012 12:13 pm

same exactly my man... I applied in january and got my coa in february after that I have sent 4 emails and NO ANSWER ANY OF THEM YET!... they dont give a damn :S :S

BUT!!! strange thing is my wife sent e-mails 2 times once to request her ID both times they answered same day... what a hell!!!!

kingade

Post by kingade » Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm

GLH2012 wrote:
kingade wrote:
I guess those applicants with FP are given RC quicker because they haven't overstayed? Just my thought.
I think you are right and if you are married to an EU u don't even need to apply for eea2 to be legally staying in uk.