ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi shareen24h morning how you doing? I try to open the link you provide but it didn't open.

Morning sharma

Please try below

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /1144.html

AND

http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/ind ... e_unlawful

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks shareen24h for the link. What you make of it? children should grant ILR instead of DLR under this circumstances.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Thanks shareen24h for the link. What you make of it? children should grant ILR instead of DLR under this circumstances.
Hi Sharma

If I don`t misunderstood.
It seems to relate to whether the Home Office’s policy on the grant of discretionary leave is lawful.

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 am

sanny26 wrote:I think I'm gona start looking out for the DX courier van because it seems like the BRP is arriving before your documents. I'm gona give the postman a break for now. Lol
@ Sanny, I guess we have to be on the lookout for both as you never can predict this inefficient UKBA, sometimes they send both your documents and BRP together, sometimes the BRP is sent before your document. Praying the rest of the week would be favourable to us in terms of our expectations in Jesus Name. AMEN

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: FLRO timeline and my story

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:30 am

OlaDPounds wrote:Hi everyone I have been following this forum for about 9 months which was introduced to me by my cousin who happens to be a member on this forum.

This is my timeline and story

Flro based on British son

First time application
Send document: October 2012
Biometric appt: 7-2-2013
Biometric receive 4days after
Son Passport returned 2 weeks later
Ho requested for more evidence 14-3-2013
More evidence sent two days after
I requested for baby father pasport has he needs to travel
Ho replied it will take up to 20days to receive back the passport
Contacted Ho again after 6 weeks
Received a letter from the HO 05/07/13 that stating that all documents including passports and application forms cannot be traced and also included 2 letters address to the IPS and mine country passport service I applied for another passport 10/07/13 and received another letter 11/07/13 dated 10/07/13 that my documents are now located and Ho also requested back for the letters previously addressed to both passort services and today 17/07/13 received baby's father passport @10:23am, @15:53 I got a delivery man on my door as my landlady was calling me for the man just in few seconds he dropped a card and drove off which was from DX I was checking online to read about the company after 20 minutes I got another knock at the doorstep my landlady called upon me again and returned was the delivery man with my biometric card. I am granted a 30months right to stay, work permitted and no public fund. I am so happy and grateful to God he sas by me and my son and I am sure all other applicants whom are still expecting the decisions itwwill surely come in our favour more than what we expect and we will all have different stories to glorify God Almighty. IJN Amen. Thank you all and good luck.
Congratulations and all the best for the future....

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am

hi guys just got the refusal. all i am going to say is that they are full of it.

the reasons : they didnt accept that my sister was here for first 3 years because we only had proof from the mosque and registered at gp. they said it dont proof that she was residing in uk . how can you register at gp if you not residing in the country. also she hasnt spent half her life here because taking those 3 years out. its only 9 years even tho it be 10 at end of this year if they accept the gp so it could be more than half life again.

they have also said that she hasnt lost any ties to 'home country' born here out of 20 years spent 17 years here and yet this is not her home country. cant have ties with a country you went to as a small kid and only for 2/3 years.

and been told to contact enforcement office

so let me know what you guys think

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:47 am

Congratulations Olapounds. Enjoy your freedom.
Does anybody knows how they send refusal. Do they send it with the documents or they just send a letter first before? thanks

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:01 pm

astro123 wrote:Congratulations Olapounds. Enjoy your freedom.
Does anybody knows how they send refusal. Do they send it with the documents or they just send a letter first before? thanks
they send all the documents with the letter.

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:15 pm

ali90 wrote:hi guys just got the refusal. all i am going to say is that they are full of it.

the reasons : they didnt accept that my sister was here for first 3 years because we only had proof from the mosque and registered at gp. they said it dont proof that she was residing in uk . how can you register at gp if you not residing in the country. also she hasnt spent half her life here because taking those 3 years out. its only 9 years even tho it be 10 at end of this year if they accept the gp so it could be more than half life again.

they have also said that she hasnt lost any ties to 'home country' born here out of 20 years spent 17 years here and yet this is not her home country. cant have ties with a country you went to as a small kid and only for 2/3 years.

Hi Ali90, so sorry to hear about your sister's refusal, I believe with enough proof, she will be granted because it is her right. However, if I am going to be honest with you, those proof from the mosque and GP are not enough to proof her case, as they might argue they could have been doctored or arranged. If you can provide things like proof of any immunisation,Birth certificate and anything you can lay your hands on to proof this, please note that no document is iirelevant. I wish her the best of luck in her appeal.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm

ali90 wrote:
wow did they send all her original documents back? mine was just the letter
Godgives

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

maud32 wrote:Application sent: 21/06/13
Acknowledgment letter:24/06/13
Biometrics letter : 25/06/13
Biometrics done:4/07/13
Granted: 3 years 18/07/13
.congrats pal.is it a fresh or extension application ?

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

ali90 wrote:hi guys just got the refusal. all i am going to say is that they are full of it.

is she given a right of appeal?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

socrates wrote:

Hi Ali90, so sorry to hear about your sister's refusal, I believe with enough proof, she will be granted because it is her right. However, if I am going to be honest with you, those proof from the mosque and GP are not enough to proof her case, as they might argue they could have been doctored or arranged. If you can provide things like proof of any immunisation,Birth certificate and anything you can lay your hands on to proof this, please note that no document is iirelevant. I wish her the best of luck in her appeal.
we had provided them with the birth certificate which clearly showed that she was born in uk and the gp letter cant be doctored because its official medical card and letter from the GP saying how long she was registered there and its all in their computers

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:41 pm

GodGives wrote:
ali90 wrote:
wow did they send all her original documents back? mine was just the letter
yes all the original documents. i am surprised too because in our family previous application we sent so many proofs and we never got to see them again.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 pm

yahwadud wrote:

no she isnt given right to appeal but i doubt they give right of appeal to anyone. will be talking to lawyer tomorrow and see if they prefer reconsideration or JR or send different application

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Is it possible they will just refuse someone without finding out more if they are not satisfied with the doc they have or the evidence they have.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Congratulations...its good to hear some good news amid the chaos....

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Thanks for keeping us posted

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi All,

Congrats to Maud. wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

@Ali90, thanks for getting back to us. Disappointing as it may sound but all is not lost. Does your sister have any school reports to make up for the unaccounted years?, if not those records are obtainable. Anything you can get hold of be would be helpful to add to your list of supporting documents
At this rate I fear the enforcement team will be inheriting the backlog, "a terrible case of passing the buck on"

Tell your sister not panic, if you can afford a solicitor go and see one, if not the citizens advice bureau is a good starting point they will point you in the right direction.

socrates

Post by socrates » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm

ali90 wrote:
socrates wrote:

we had provided them with the birth certificate which clearly showed that she was born in uk and the gp letter cant be doctored because its official medical card and letter from the GP saying how long she was registered there and its all in their computers
Then you probably need to request for reconsideration/JR. Please I am not insuniating you or anyone could doctor the medical card, I am just saying that is the way their minds work at UKBA, and that you need to provide as much documents as you can lay your hands on. Goodluck and Best wishes

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

children's rights

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Sophie Freeman, instructing solicitor at Coram Children’s Legal Centre, said:

“We are delighted that, once again, the Court has confirmed that children’s interests must be a primary consideration in all immigration decisions affecting them. This judgment recognises that repeated grants of temporary status can be damaging to the welfare of children and contrary to their best interests. Children need stability and security and this must be factored into all decisions that the Home Office makes affecting them.”

I don't think the home office cares about this otherwise they would not keep our documents for so long...my eight year old son saw a photocopy of his brother's birth certificate and he was like 'mom have our visas come....hooray' until i dashed his hope and told him no. Even an eight year old knows our lives have stopped because of this application....mmmmhhh

ali90

Re: Thanks for keeping us posted

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi All,

Congrats to Maud. wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

@Ali90, thanks for getting back to us. Disappointing as it may sound but all is not lost. Does your sister have any school reports to make up for the unaccounted years?, if not those records are obtainable. Anything you can get hold of be would be helpful to add to your list of supporting documents
At this rate I fear the enforcement team will be inheriting the backlog, "a terrible case of passing the buck on"

Tell your sister not panic, if you can afford a solicitor go and see one, if not the citizens advice bureau is a good starting point they will point you in the right direction.
yes she went school in 2003 aswell we rang the school but they said the school had paper system that time so they are not able to find any proof of anyone if they went to school or not. so its not our fault.

and on top of that sometimes the ukba say to us that how we was able to study we not allowed access to education and then they want us to prove stuff :| how can we prove something if they say we not allowed to use it. either let us access education and other stuff then ask for proofs or dont let us use anything and dont ask for any proof

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:15 pm

socrates wrote:
ali90 wrote:
socrates wrote:

Then you probably need to request for reconsideration/JR. Please I am not insuniating you or anyone could doctor the medical card, I am just saying that is the way their minds work at UKBA, and that you need to provide as much documents as you can lay your hands on. Goodluck and Best wishes
yes i know you didnt mean that. they need to think like humans not evil people who are hell bent on troubling everyone. they can contact nhs and ask them

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:16 pm

ali90 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:

no she isnt given right to appeal but i doubt they give right of appeal to anyone. will be talking to lawyer tomorrow and see if they prefer reconsideration or JR or send different application
tell her to contact coram they should be able to give legal advice
Godgives

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 pm

btw this question is out for anyone

if a person who has no status is married to a british citizen . what are her options and does the husband need to have high income or even if his family have high income will be okay too

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:11 pm

CrystalNewbie wrote:
Congratulations...its good to hear some good news amid the chaos....
Thanx dear......God is good