ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

jangs wrote:Hi Guys,
Just to keep all of you informed/updated, I was asked by INIS last week to submit documents in order for them to further process my application of naturalisation.
The documents, I am submitting are as follows.

1. A Copy of my 2009 Paye Balancing Statement (P21).
2. Copies of my four most recent Payslips covering last two months.
3. Copies of my bank statements covering last three months.
4. My Birth Affidavit.
5. My Marriage Affidavit.
6. Original Social Welfare Report.
7. Copy of my P60 form of 2009.
8. A letter from my Employer confirming my employment Status.
9. A copy of letter from INIS Department stating LTR granted to me.
10. Photostat copy of Certificate of Registration.
11. A copy of Utility Bill confirming my current address in Ireland.

Orginal letter recived by me from INIS asked for the first five documents listed above, however I am submitting more docs than they asked.
I applied in mid October 2008 on the basis of 5 year residency on working visa.
Guys, can you have a quick look to the list above to make sure I am submitting everything from my side and not forgetting any critical document.

Thanks and Regards
Jangs
You were asked five documents, why are you submitting more than what they asked for? that does not brighting your chance, seeing you submitting more than they asked for, they will start asking for irrelevant documents from other people. I m sorry that is not a right action man

dagga
Newly Registered

Re: citizenship

Post by dagga » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 am

dublin123 wrote:Hi guys,

my timeline:

applied mid oct 2007
additional docs send like birth and marriage affidates march 2009
social welfare report send on jan 2010
approval on 20 april 2010
oath on 6 MAY 2010,sent documents same day to department
cetificate arrived on 18 MAY 2010
applied for passport 19 MAY 2010
passport collected today 14 june 2010.

thanks very much to all of you in this forum,

ALL THE BEST PEOPLE STILL WAITING
Hi dublin123

Just looking at you timeline above. did you get you Nat cert in 8 working days?

That is very quick, i hope they get mine sorted that quick aswell

dagga
Newly Registered

Re: Approved

Post by dagga » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:54 am

dublin123 wrote:
dagga wrote:Hi Folks

Received my approval on Friday, finally the wait is over. Court date next Wednesday.

Thanks to all on this forum it truly has been the only point of reference regarding the naturalization process.

Best of luck to all still waiting your time will come.
congrats dagga.
Cheers dublin123 & congrats to you too

SapMan
Newly Registered

Finally got my Naturalisation Cert today

Post by SapMan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm

It took forever, I was getting worried, bcos people were getting their's in 3 weeks
It turns out, that I send my docs (Declaration, Postal Order etc) to the wrong address.
So guys be sure to send yours to the specific name & address mentioned in the approval letter not the general address on their website

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:06 pm

did anyone recieve any aprovals recently for 2008 mid batch they asked for additional documents nearly two months back,any news appericiated thanks

SapMan
Newly Registered

Get an Irish Passport

Post by SapMan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:35 am

What do u do, if u don't have a long form B.C. and you've just been naturalised ?

Thanks

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 am

aswadref wrote:did anyone recieve any aprovals recently for 2008 mid batch they asked for additional documents nearly two months back,any news appericiated thanks
There's a deathly silence among mid 2008 applicants who sent additional docs 2 months ago..we're in for another year's wait for the Garda report - they'll recruit, train new gardai & start picking up the applications in Dec 2010.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 am

HOTSPURS
Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:39 am Post subject:
aswadref wrote:
did anyone recieve any aprovals recently for 2008 mid batch they asked for additional documents nearly two months back,any news appericiated thanks

There's a deathly silence among mid 2008 applicants who sent additional docs 2 months ago..we're in for another year's wait for the Garda report - they'll recruit, train new gardai & start picking up the applications in Dec 2010.

I hope you are not serious anyways all we can do is wait coz they dont answer phones and dont reply letters for ages.thanks anyways

IQU
Diamond Member

hiiii

Post by IQU » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:32 pm

hi i am married with eu wife fron last 5 years .i want to apply for irish citizenship.any body have any idea what documents i need .how long it will take to process. thanks very much

HOTSPURS

Re: hiiii

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 am

IQU wrote:hi i am married with eu wife fron last 5 years .i want to apply for irish citizenship.any body have any idea what documents i need .how long it will take to process. thanks very much
download form 8 from the site http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000108 & follow instructions to fill out Form 8. Gather documents listed in this form & send it to INIS Tipperary.

Gandhai

Re: hiiii

Post by Gandhai » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:27 am

IQU wrote:hi i am married with eu wife fron last 5 years .i want to apply for irish citizenship.any body have any idea what documents i need .how long it will take to process. thanks very much
like a sensible person , ask those questions whose answers are not on the website of INIS.

neo725
Newly Registered

Post by neo725 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:57 am

Hi lads.
Have anyone been recently approved?
The process seems strangely quite at the moment!

leinster
Newly Registered

Post by leinster » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 pm

hi guys a friend of mine and his wife got their naturalisation approved on thursday he applied in october 2007 on the basis of IBC. He is very lucky as he was convicted of drink driving and had a ban of 2 years which was only finished in april this year.

cicio
Newly Registered

Post by cicio » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I am married to Irish Citizen and I applied in the start of April 2008. I called them 6 weeks ago, they said it will take another 4 months as my application has been handed over to outside agencies for checks. The funny thing is they told me same 6 months ago.
There is no check and balance in this depetment, they do what they want.
Has anyone got approval from the beginning of 2008??????
Good luck to all

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:59 pm

cicio wrote:Hi Guys,

I am married to Irish Citizen and I applied in the start of April 2008. I called them 6 weeks ago, they said it will take another 4 months as my application has been handed over to outside agencies for checks. The funny thing is they told me same 6 months ago.
Good luck to all
Hi Cicio,

I'm exactly in the same situation as you are. spouse of Irish Citizen, applied in April 2008. However all I get in response to my update request letters is that my application is "ongoing", applications processed on individual basis, impossible to tell when a decision will be made bla bla bla (cut and paste stuff).
Meanwhile, the minister keeps saying at the dail "certain categories of applicant to be dealt with more expeditiously. These include refugees, spouses of Irish citizens and minors"
It is shocking that such incompetence and lack of transparency is practiced in a western democratic state.

You said you called them. do you mean by phone?

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Good luck to all
Mate, There's no 'Outside agency checks' for spouses of Irish citizens according to many on the forum. 90% of Irish spouses get approvals within 18-20 months. just have a look at Scrudu's XLsheet & you'll know..

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:20 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:

Good luck to all
Mate, There's no 'Outside agency checks' for spouses of Irish citizens according to many on the forum. 90% of Irish spouses get approvals within 18-20 months. just have a look at Scrudu's XLsheet & you'll know..
Are you sure of this HOTSPURS?
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 am

Good luck to all
Cicio, do you mind me asking what is your background? (just generally) are you European, African, Middle Eastern?

the reason I'm asking, is bacause people with certain perceived backgrounds seem to be subjected to extravagant delay by INIS.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 am

9jeirean wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:

Good luck to all
please refer to this XLsheet - particularly 'Spouse of Irish Citizen' approvals - http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:16 am

9jeirean wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:

Good luck to all
i got this from Scrudu's XLSheet - this is as per Applicant who's a Spouse of irish citizen :

Applied Oct 09 , Granted approval may 2010

Scrudu: Is this really correct?

Answer :
Yes scrudu. Lady at DOJ told me spouse and minor is fast tracked. She also told there are less or no checks for spouse. Piksie: Thanks a lot for the info! That's great news for us!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:01 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:

Good luck to all
i got this from Scrudu's XLSheet - this is as per Applicant who's a Spouse of irish citizen :

Applied Oct 09 , Granted approval may 2010

Scrudu: Is this really correct?

Answer :
Yes scrudu. Lady at DOJ told me spouse and minor is fast tracked. She also told there are less or no checks for spouse. Piksie: Thanks a lot for the info! That's great news for us!
That must be a recent development. Long overdue in any case. If the dates in the case you cited were correct, that would make it 6 Months. That would be a record by DOJ standard. The last time I checked even minor applications were taking a tad longer than 6 months to process. I do hope things are changing for the better though.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:26 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:Mate, There's no 'Outside agency checks' for spouses of Irish citizens according to many on the forum. 90% of Irish spouses get approvals within 18-20 months. just have a look at Scrudu's XLsheet & you'll know..
HOTSPURS wrote:i got this from Scrudu's XLSheet - this is as per Applicant who's a Spouse of irish citizen :
  • Applied Oct 09 , Granted approval may 2010
    Scrudu Question: Is this really correct?
    Piksie Answer: Yes scrudu. Lady at DOJ told me spouse and minor is fast tracked. She also told there are less or no checks for spouse.
    Scrudu: Piksie, thanks a lot for the info! That's great news for us!
Yes that information was put there by Username=Piksie. I queried her/him on this as the processing time was unbelievably short (8 mths). Piksie replied that he/she had been told that applications for spouses of Irish citizens were fast-tracked and not subject to the same checks. I know when I called DOJ I was also told they were fast-tracked but nothing about them not being subject to the same checks.

My husband has nearly the same timeline as Piksie and we haven't heard a word. When I sent a letter to DOJ Tipperary asking about the status of the application I got the bog standard response saying "applications take approx 24 mths and some may be quicker than others depending on complexity". It's all BS really, especially for spouses of Irish citizens. The main criteria for granting citizenship is duration of marriage and residency in the State. It only takes 5 seconds to check these either by the photocopies we provided or on record at the GRO and DOJ DB's. We even supplied police clearance records from every country he lived in (incl Ireland) but it hasn't sped anything up. It's just a process of wait and see. I'm not sure how users such as PIKSIE and JJ got such short processing times. It confuses me even more to see those entries as they don't tally with the other entries from other users.

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:30 pm

scrudu wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:Mate, There's no 'Outside agency checks' for spouses of Irish citizens according to many on the forum. 90% of Irish spouses get approvals within 18-20 months. just have a look at Scrudu's XLsheet & you'll know..
HOTSPURS wrote:i got this from Scrudu's XLSheet - this is as per Applicant who's a Spouse of irish citizen :
    Piksie Answer: Yes scrudu. Lady at DOJ told me spouse and minor is fast tracked. She also told there are less or no checks for spouse.
Yes that information was put there by Username=Piksie. I queried her/him on this as the processing time was unbelievably short (8 mths). Piksie replied that he/she had been told that applications for spouses of Irish citizens were fast-tracked and not subject to the same checks. I know when I called DOJ I was also told they were fast-tracked but nothing about them not being subject to the same checks.

My husband has nearly the same timeline as Piksie and we haven't heard a word. When I sent a letter to DOJ Tipperary asking about the status of the application I got the bog standard response saying "applications take approx 24 mths and some may be quicker than others depending on complexity". It's all BS really, especially for spouses of Irish citizens. The main criteria for granting citizenship is duration of marriage and residency in the State. It only takes 5 seconds to check these either by the photocopies we provided or on record at the GRO and DOJ DB's. We even supplied police clearance records from every country he lived in (incl Ireland) but it hasn't sped anything up. It's just a process of wait and see. I'm not sure how users such as PIKSIE and JJ got such short processing times. It confuses me even more to see those entries as they don't tally with the other entries from other users.
the situation of his/her partner may be different from yours and the nationality may be different, as I have a good feeling that in most decisions, nationality take an important stage with NIS, they may say No but it is a reflection people are being observed.

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 pm

rlow68 wrote:
scrudu wrote:

the situation of his/her partner may be different from yours and the nationality may be different, as I have a good feeling that in most decisions, nationality take an important stage with NIS, they may say No but it is a reflection people are being observed.
I think you are right here.
I will contact the equality authority and see what they think.
even if they say no, data does not lie.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 am

Abdul-w-A wrote: I think you are right here.
I will contact the equality authority and see what they think.
even if they say no, data does not lie.
It's pointless really as they can always hide behind their usual quote "certain cases may be more complex and require further checks and balances". How do you argue with that without knowing the details of each case :( It's all VERY frustrating.