ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justice122

Post by justice122 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 am

Any updates from anyone today guys??

Whts going on.............. normally lots of people recieve there docs back on tue & wed but this week literally no one has got anything back??

Regards

miria
Newly Registered

Post by miria » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:02 am

Hi all
I tried to call HO but this time no one answering. I think it may be affecting us who applied in the transition period close to the deadline of 30th June when the Tier 1 went global.
Miria

justice122 wrote:Any updates from anyone today guys??

Whts going on.............. normally lots of people recieve there docs back on tue & wed but this week literally no one has got anything back??

Regards

swinsomatt
Newly Registered

Post by swinsomatt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08 am

Hi all, I applied for the tier 1 from within the UK with an acceptance letter (under the old HSMP) on June the 30th. I agree that it's virtually impossible to get through to them on the phone, and from the sounds of things, it doesn't do much good even when you do get through.

I really thought that my case was relatively straight forward (as I guess we all do) so find it odd that after almost 11 weeks, I'm none the wiser.

Are people who have applied in July / August really getting their documents back already? The idea that 'it's the luck of the draw' rather than older applications taking precedence is kinda annoying given how expensive this is!

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Forum,

Please see my dates below

9 Jun 08 Appln Sent
10 Jun 08 HO Recd.
10 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd.

Ref. No. : PB308

UT 5 Sept 08 (Reason for UT is Commencing Employment with contract attached)

all the best to all of you!
Last edited by Nam777 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi All,

I recieved my passport today. It has been approved till Aug 2011. I am yet recieve my dependents passport.

Any idea how long it may take to recieve dependents passport after approva of main applicant. Any proven theories?

justice122

Post by justice122 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Was ur urgent treatment accepted, did u call HO and checked?? as its been a while since u v submitted UT. What category r u switching from??

Regards

P.S - I am waiting since 14th JUNE
Nam777 wrote:Hi Forum,

9 Jun 08 Appln Sent
10 Jun 08 HO Recd.
10 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd.

UT 5 Aug 08 (Reason for UT is Commencing Employment with contract attached)

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Justice122

My case is WP-Tier1, I called them before sending just to double check whether Commencing Employment can be considered as UT and she said "probably" yes... it's all depend from case... To be honest with you I try not call them coz it's doesn't help @ all, even if our cases approved and just waiting to be stamped they will tell "under consideration" anyway :)

I wish you good luck

Regards

Nam

justice122 wrote:Was ur urgent treatment accepted, did u call HO and checked?? as its been a while since u v submitted UT. What category r u switching from??

Regards

P.S - I am waiting since 14th JUNE
Nam777 wrote:Hi Forum,

9 Jun 08 Appln Sent
10 Jun 08 HO Recd.
10 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd.

UT 5 Aug 08 (Reason for UT is Commencing Employment with contract attached)

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:28 pm

I had faxed UT last week. I also confirmed that they have recieved. I called y'day noon to check what is happening it was still with CW according to them. I switching from WP to Tier1.

Guys, any one who applied with dependent and waiting for dependent passport?

If any one is aware as how long it would take to recieve dependents passport, please advise.

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:48 pm

I applied with dependant and I hope to receive both passports @ the same envelop.
My Friend applied with dependant too, and they received their documents @ the same day. If you applied together they shouldn't send your passports back separately.

Regards

bgmdude wrote:I had faxed UT last week. I also confirmed that they have recieved. I called y'day noon to check what is happening it was still with CW according to them. I switching from WP to Tier1.

If any one is aware as how long it would take to recieve dependents passport, please advise.

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:53 pm

I have applied together and had sent special delivery envelop but still could not get them together. I read somewhere on forum that dependents passports are getting processed seperately. Ideally I should hear from them pretty soon. But how soon ...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nam777 wrote:I applied with dependant and I hope to receive both passports @ the same envelop.
My Friend applied with dependant too, and they received their documents @ the same day. If you applied together they shouldn't send your passports back separately.

Regards

bgmdude wrote:I had faxed UT last week. I also confirmed that they have recieved. I called y'day noon to check what is happening it was still with CW according to them. I switching from WP to Tier1.

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Did you receive any notification from them where they stated that they will send dependants passports separately? If not I would suggest call them and ask "why" and "when"... I can't see any reason for delays; if main applicant is approved they can't reject dependants anyway. If there is any problem they have to contact you for further clarifications before sending your passport. Just double check whether your dependants documents still in HO. I hope they not lost it...

Regards
bgmdude wrote:I have applied together and had sent special delivery envelop but still could not get them together. I read somewhere on forum that dependents passports are getting processed seperately. Ideally I should hear from them pretty soon. But how soon ...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nam777 wrote:I applied with dependant and I hope to receive both passports @ the same envelop.

Regards

Wp_2_T1G
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Wp_2_T1G » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi bgmdude,
I have applied with dependant applicant on 28th June and got ALL the docs(including dept. passport) on 4th Sep with an UT sent on 28th Aug. Even for my friends, they all got it one short. In your case, it seems that it is missing in despatch. You can send another UT fax & call HO.

Regards

[/quote]

bgmdude

Re: Hi

Post by bgmdude » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks guys.

The approval letter states only one passport getting returned. I called HO they said, it will be sent in couple of days and they also said they have accepted my UT request.

Not sure what is happening at HO. Any ways, I will wait for couple of days and then give a try again.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks lot for all your moral supports folks.

Cheers..!
Wp_2_T1G wrote:Hi bgmdude,
I have applied with dependant applicant on 28th June and got ALL the docs(including dept. passport) on 4th Sep with an UT sent on 28th Aug. Even for my friends, they all got it one short. In your case, it seems that it is missing in despatch. You can send another UT fax & call HO.

Regards

[/quote]

Wp_2_T1G
Newly Registered

Post by Wp_2_T1G » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi Miria/June Applicants,
I understand from forum that who are all applied on June are not getting papers and who have applied after July 1st are getting the papers. We all know that they have already processed/processing up to 30th June. Definitely, your documents will be in stamping and despatch. It's matter of another 2/3 weeks if you don't send a UT.

As per my experience, please send UT with some KIND OF PROOF.
It will work out. From the CC, I understand that they are receiving UT almost in all the cases. But they are NOT considering all the UT’s. To differentiate from that, please send some proof. I think it will work out.

miria wrote:Hi all
I tried to call HO but this time no one answering. I think it may be affecting us who applied in the transition period close to the deadline of 30th June when the Tier 1 went global.
Miria

Regards

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 pm

It looks quite strange in your case that only the main applicants passport is returned. May be because you had sent UT, so they have dispatched only urs considering the UT for you only.

I had applied along with dependants and received all the passports back in the same envelope. I had not requested UT.
bgmdude wrote:Thanks guys.

The approval letter states only one passport getting returned. I called HO they said, it will be sent in couple of days and they also said they have accepted my UT request.

Not sure what is happening at HO. Any ways, I will wait for couple of days and then give a try again.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks lot for all your moral supports folks.

Cheers..!
Wp_2_T1G wrote:Hi bgmdude,

Regards

[/quote]

miria
Newly Registered

Post by miria » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks for the mail Wp_2_T1G

How I pray that what you just said is true ,that they(our passports) are for stamping and dispatch. As some one said HO is so uncertain and its keeping me on my nerves all day. However about the UT you suggested, is there a form to fill or do you write a letter in your own words plus proof?Anyone please advise. Thanks

Miria
Wp_2_T1G wrote:Hi Miria/June Applicants,
I understand from forum that who are all applied on June are not getting papers and who have applied after July 1st are getting the papers. We all know that they have already processed/processing up to 30th June. Definitely, your documents will be in stamping and despatch. It's matter of another 2/3 weeks if you don't send a UT.

It will work out. From the CC, I understand that they are receiving UT almost in all the cases. But they are NOT considering all the UT’s. To differentiate from that, please send some proof. I think it will work out.

Miria

Regards

Wp_2_T1G
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Wp_2_T1G » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi miria,
Initially I searched HO website for UT for Tier1-G. But I didn't find any UT form specific for T1G. Then I have sent through HSMP UT form. Pl find the same in the below link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... smp/urgent

Guys:
If any other form for T1-G exists, pl give the link.

How I pray that what you just said is true ,that they(our passports) are for stamping and dispatch. As some one said HO is so uncertain and its keeping me on my nerves all day. However about the UT you suggested, is there a form to fill or do you write a letter in your own words plus proof?Anyone please advise. Thanks

Miria

Miria

Regards
[/quote]

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 am

To be honest with you Guys I don't understand why Stamping should take from 2 weeks to 1 month (without UT), I haven't idea of HO system but please correct me if I'm wrong when say that stamping of approved passports should take max. 10 min for each :roll:

[quote="miria"]Thanks for the mail Wp_2_T1G

Miria

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 am

There is actually an element we are missing here. the stampingas per my belief is done at another site and not at the same place as the CW work. so normally it takes few days for the transportation between the 2 sites.
Nam777 wrote:To be honest with you Guys I don't understand why Stamping should take from 2 weeks to 1 month (without UT), I haven't idea of HO system but please correct me if I'm wrong when say that stamping of approved passports should take max. 10 min for each :roll:
miria wrote:Thanks for the mail Wp_2_T1G

Miria

Nam777
Newly Registered

Post by Nam777 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:05 am

Good Point! Anyway lets hope that all our passports are on the stamping desk, or even better (with a postman) :)
justice122 wrote:There is actually an element we are missing here. the stampingas per my belief is done at another site and not at the same place as the CW work. so normally it takes few days for the transportation between the 2 sites.
Nam777 wrote:To be honest with you Guys I don't understand why Stamping should take from 2 weeks to 1 month (without UT), I haven't idea of HO system but please correct me if I'm wrong when say that stamping of approved passports should take max. 10 min for each :roll:

Miria

justice122

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 am

GUYS any updates this week?

seems like literally no one has recieved there passports this week..............

normally a lot of people get there docs back on tue and wed??

Whts up? any1 tried ringing HO??

Regards

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_visa » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:30 am

Is this also been outsourced to India :)).
justice122 wrote:There is actually an element we are missing here. the stampingas per my belief is done at another site and not at the same place as the CW work. so normally it takes few days for the transportation between the 2 sites.

Miria

IGS_2_Tier1-G
Newly Registered

IGS to tier1(general)

Post by IGS_2_Tier1-G » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Forum,
I am a silent observer of this forum since a couple of days. Thought of sharing my situation. I had applied for tier1 general on 9th August. I am flying on 4th October to India for my wedding. I had send 2 urgent treatment requests by now. The CC just confirms that they have recieved the fax but not sure if that would be treated as urgent. I called home office yesterday they said they are processing applications dated till 29 July. So hopefully next week will be my turn even if UT is not considered. I still have 3 weeks left to hope it comes back with a stamped visa or in the worst case I will have to withdraw and apply from India as my present IGS expires on 1 Oct. I have a permanent job here and everyone knows how hard it is to find a permanent job in UK these days. Does any one of you guys know if I can apply from India showing proof that I am on leave for a month and I have got a permanent job in the UK, and how long will the processing time be and can I show my UK payslips and bank statements (just in case)... :(

Here are my timelines
App posted: 9 Aug
Payment processed: 11 Aug
Ack recieved: 13 Aug dated 11 Aug
1 UT faxed: 4 Sep on 01142075862
2 UT faxed: 8 Sep on 01142072932(given by CC)
UT acknowledged: 10 Sep
Last edited by IGS_2_Tier1-G on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miria
Newly Registered

Post by miria » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks Wp_2_T1G"] for the info. I will wait this week and if the passports dont turn up I'll send UT next week.

Miria

[quote="Hi miria,
Initially I searched HO website for UT for Tier1-G. But I didn't find any UT form specific for T1G. Then I have sent through HSMP UT form. Pl find the same in the below link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... smp/urgent

Guys:
If any other form for T1-G exists, pl give the link.

Miria

Miria

Regards
[/quote][/quote]

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Now its my time to give you guys a good news.

IGS to Tier-1 (GHSMP)

Posted: 17th July 2008
Money debited: 18th July, 2008
UTR Faxed: 18th Aug (With New job Offer)
Approved: 5th September, 2008
Stamped: 8th Spetember, 2008
Doc Deceived: 11th Spetember, 2008 (No pre-paid envelop provided)

Visa Valid till September, 2011

Many many thanks to everyone for their great support.

Best of luck for the applicants who are waiting.

Good luck www.immigrationboards.com

Marbin