ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deception-shy

Re: Received letter asking for Birth Certificate

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

cool_irish wrote:Hello,

I applied for Naturalization in Dec 2007. I am from India I dont have any birth certificate from my country and it is very difficult to get one now. Today I received a letter from DOJ asking for my Birth Certificate copy. I submitted the Birth Certificate affidavit notarized by my solicitor long back in the format which DOJ had asked earlier. But now they are saying that the one which they have form my records is not valid.

Could anyone let me know if there is any specific format/ way for obtaining Birth Certificate?

Regards,
MG
Cool-Irish,

Nothing to worry about that, they normally send out the Long form birth cert along with the letter, if you have that attachment, then get the affidavit from solicitor and send them back. In case if they didn't send you long form birth cert, then I will help you out. Please check your private message.

cool_irish
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by cool_irish » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:31 am

Hello Deception-shy,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I read the letter which they have sent after reaching home y'day. They are asking for my Birth Cert from my home country, the affidavit which I sent is fine but they are also looking for Birth Cert from my hoome country which is India.
I appreciate if you or anyone who know if I can get the Birth Cert from Embassy here in Dublin?

Regard
MG

neo725
Newly Registered

Re: Hello

Post by neo725 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am

Hi everyone,
Just wondering have somebody been approved for naturalization without applying for Long Term Residency? Or have someone been approved for naturalization before they have got LTR?
Thanks

americanboy
Newly Registered

Post by americanboy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am

cool_irish wrote:Hello Deception-shy,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I read the letter which they have sent after reaching home y'day. They are asking for my Birth Cert from my home country, the affidavit which I sent is fine but they are also looking for Birth Cert from my hoome country which is India.
I appreciate if you or anyone who know if I can get the Birth Cert from Embassy here in Dublin?

Regard
MG
My wife who is from India have applied for a birth certificate from Indian embassy and got the same in 7 days...Best of Luck

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 pm

neo725, you don't have to get LTR in order to be granted naturalisation or to apply for LTR for that matter. because not all people are eligible for LTR, but most are eligible for naturalisation...

neo725
Newly Registered

Post by neo725 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:01 pm

agniukas wrote:neo725, you don't have to get LTR in order to be granted naturalisation or to apply for LTR for that matter. because not all people are eligible for LTR, but most are eligible for naturalisation...
Well I kind of know that-just wondering if Someone had skipped paying Fees
for LTR and in the same time had got theirs naturalization! I am just curious if it is possible to safe 500 euro in fees :)

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 pm

americanboy wrote:

Regard
MG
My wife who is from India have applied for a birth certificate from Indian embassy and got the same in 7 days...Best of Luck
@americanboy - DoJ does not accept that birth certificate (from Indian Embassy) as that's issued purely on the basis of passport!

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:24 pm

strongbow wrote:
americanboy wrote:

Regard
MG
@americanboy - DoJ does not accept that birth certificate (from Indian Embassy) as that's issued purely on the basis of passport!

things are very slow. I applied for my wife on the basis of five years residency but still waiting.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:10 am

If you don't have birth certificate, then an affidavit would do.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:16 am

strongbow wrote:
americanboy wrote:

Regard
MG
strongbow, do you know if they definitely need the birth cert? Will they not accept the affidavit?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 pm

yes affidavit should do, but I think these days they are asking for both--the birth certificate and the affidavit (because the birth cert issued in India is not of the prescribed format that DoJ needs)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:03 pm

strongbow wrote:yes affidavit should do, but I think these days they are asking for both--the birth certificate and the affidavit (because the birth cert issued in India is not of the prescribed format that DoJ needs)
cheers

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:07 am

Southern_Sky wrote:As the members of the Dail are on their 3month summer holidays, the Minister of Justice is probably also on leave, hence no recent updates.

By the time he returns , there should be a backlog on his desk for approval.
Then a backlog of certs to be issued, and a mass court sitting to have the simultaneous Swearing of Oaths.

WHAT IS HAPPENING ON THE APPROVAL FRONT.I APPLIED FOR MY WIFE ON BASIS OF 5 YEAS RESIDENCY ON JAN 2007 BUT NO NEWS . ANY BODY WITH UPTODATE.THANKS

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:20 pm

i asked one of me russian friend and on their forum no one get any approval atall from last 3 - 4 months
they totally stopped it
i applied my naturalisation thru solicitor and he told me he will get my case sorted in 18 months i went to him after two years with no answer and he told me they loose the case for some of their client for naturalisation
the judge made the decision thats its no one right to get citizenship of Ireland its only and obligation and also its depends on dept. of justice how long they take time to make decision
so he told me no point to come to him anymore and i can write to dept. my self if i want to otherwise just wait
i have no hopes from them now and really nothing cant br done

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:34 am

i got a reply with the standard 'Processing is ongoing -should we require any docs we'll get bak to you' - so, there's no way to know if the garda report has arrived or if the file is with minister. i intend to ask for status every 4 months anyway so that they don't close the file with 'Applicant jumped ship / deceased' written on it ! i'm only completing 27 months after all

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 am

'Applicant jumped ship / deceased'
Brilliant . They must be wishing that every minute now.

I received kinda same reply (as its a generic one) may be nearly 50 times now. I usually try to request update every couple of week or so.
Its getting quiet ridiculous now with processing of LTR/Citizenship applications. May be the staff is thinking how do they got so efficient that they reduced average processing time from 36 months to 26 months, its a disgrace to their efficiency (laziness) so let have another cuppa.

Well, on the bright side I’ve now list of names of most of the staff working in Citizenship division and nearly 70% of them are called Mary :)

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Well, on the bright side I’ve now list of names of most of the staff working in Citizenship division and nearly 70% of them are called Mary :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 pm

crown

Post by crown » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:16 am

Shocking!
Disappointing!!

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:28 am

Usually when I hear stories like this my first reaction is unbelief, that there must be more to the refusal but this seems authentic enough. Its a disgrace indeed, Traffic light offence = naturalisation denial! :shock:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:43 pm

we all people are from different nationalities on this forum cant we unite make some meeting try to solve this problem or we just wait and watch brilliant irish law who dont give a dam s..t for immigrants who have left all their home, famililies spend 7-10 years on aveerage per person and now they want to say forget all and find some other way.
wake up guys half of our life is finished in sorting out documents and getting visa and gnib stamps even to go to toilet.

Lesyk
Newly Registered

Post by Lesyk » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 pm

can i be irish wrote:we all people are from different nationalities on this forum cant we unite make some meeting try to solve this problem or we just wait and watch brilliant irish law who dont give a dam s..t for immigrants who have left all their home, famililies spend 7-10 years on aveerage per person and now they want to say forget all and find some other way.
wake up guys half of our life is finished in sorting out documents and getting visa and gnib stamps even to go to toilet.
What about organizing a visit to the Tipperary Office. All at once... If enough people turn up, maybe they'll show us on TV.... and then everyone will see that we are actually HUMAN. Irish people will be surprised to see that those aliens dont have two heads and six legs and then there will be happy end--- we will get passports.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 am

Lesyk wrote:
can i be irish wrote:we all people are from different nationalities on this forum cant we unite make some meeting try to solve this problem or we just wait and watch brilliant irish law who dont give a dam s..t for immigrants who have left all their home, famililies spend 7-10 years on aveerage per person and now they want to say forget all and find some other way.
What about organizing a visit to the Tipperary Office. All at once... If enough people turn up, maybe they'll show us on TV.... and then everyone will see that we are actually HUMAN. Irish people will be surprised to see that those aliens dont have two heads and six legs and then there will be happy end--- we will get passports.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Guys our case isn't s*xy and spicy enough for the media. TDs more concerned about serving locals then take up foreigner's case who don't even benefit them by votes. Local person don't care about this and the ones who are naturalized just don't give a damn either and leg as soon as they get the cert. The one which sell stories is scare mongering which you are seeing at present like sham marriages, students milking like its a big big issue (yea rite! it can easily be sorted but will and positive thinking is not there to fix this issue).

Our rights are denied under the cloak of "ITS AT MINISTER'S ABSOLUTE DISCRETION" or "IT TAKES A CERTAIN TIME TO REACH DECISION TO MAKE SURE INTEGRITY & BLAH BLAH IS MET" or "ITS NOT A RIGHT ITS A PREVILEGE"....so for now lets just shut up and hibernate until we hear otherwise. You can just read this thread to actually see the attitude towards "FOREIGNERS" regarding naturalization.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60539

To put it simply "NO ONE CARES"!!!

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi Guys,
I applied for naturalisation in July this year.

I don't have a birth certificate from India. So, I got a birth certificate from Indian Embassy in Dublin. Along with that I also attached the Long Form Birth Certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

After 2 weeks, I got a rejection letter saying that they need a birth certificate from India or I should write an application why I don't have a birth certificate from India.

To this, I wrote an application letter mentioning that because my father's job was trasferrable I lost the birth certificate. The place I was born is 2000 Km away from where my parents currently stay. Also, my father had an operation recently and hence I can't ask him to go there. Under all these circumstances, it will be difficult for me to get a birth certificate from India and hence I requested the Indian Embassy to issue me a birth certificate. Further to this, I have also attached the long form birth certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

To my surprise, they have rejected my application this time again and asked me to get a birth certificate from India.

Now, I am really clueless and don't know what to do.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 pm

catch_hunter wrote:Hi Guys,
I applied for naturalisation in July this year.

I don't have a birth certificate from India. So, I got a birth certificate from Indian Embassy in Dublin. Along with that I also attached the Long Form Birth Certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

After 2 weeks, I got a rejection letter saying that they need a birth certificate from India or I should write an application why I don't have a birth certificate from India.

To this, I wrote an application letter mentioning that because my father's job was trasferrable I lost the birth certificate. The place I was born is 2000 Km away from where my parents currently stay. Also, my father had an operation recently and hence I can't ask him to go there. Under all these circumstances, it will be difficult for me to get a birth certificate from India and hence I requested the Indian Embassy to issue me a birth certificate. Further to this, I have also attached the long form birth certificate oath stamped by the solicitor.

To my surprise, they have rejected my application this time again and asked me to get a birth certificate from India.

Now, I am really clueless and don't know what to do.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
This was never an issue before. I know couple of my friends (from India) who got naturalised and submitted Birth Cert. issued by Indian Embassy.

DoJ is just trying to find every little excuse they can to refuse the applications these days.

May I suggest that you try http://www.yourmaninindia.com to get your Birth Cert. from India. They might be bit expensive but they do have a good track record.