ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Whizart
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Whizart » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm
razzmatazz wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm
Finally got my invitation for IDV app!

Applied for Set (M) on the 28th of April.

Received invitation today at 19:42.

Long time waiting... good luck everyone!
THanks for the update.
Any updates from other April/may applicants who are still waiting? @Carrington1234
@zamanam @SIyer @har_p3 @Whizart 
Hope you guys already tried logging in to the app even without the email
Application Date: 15th May'20
Application Route : SET(LR)
IDV App Invite: 26th Aug'20 @ 8:15pm

No, I didn't try logging in to the app before the email as I was outdoor and my phone battery died (Classic). But as soon as I got home I checked my emails and saw the invite. I've submitted the required details via the app and now waiting for the decision. Good luck to everyone waiting for Biometric Appoimtment / IDV Invites / Decision.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:47 pm

[quote=iamawonder post_id=1928325 time=1598471818 user_id=237580]
[quote=razzmatazz post_id=1928321 time=1598471489 user_id=238740]

[/quote]

THanks for the update.
Any updates from other April/may applicants who are still waiting? @Carrington1234
[/quote]

Thanks we just got the idv invite...finally

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:21 am

Hey guys
My application date was 29 April
IDV invite received today at 8pm

I wonder how long the decision and card will take to come through
zamanam wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:47 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm
razzmatazz wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm

THanks for the update.
Thanks we just got the idv invite...finally

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:42 am

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:39 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:30 pm
Just a thought process about what the IDV app means for Sopra Steria's business.

After the Covid-19 backlogs are cleared, this sounds like a bad news for UKVCAS in the long run, I think. They run at least 20 staffed centres and have installed biometric capture equipment (some capital value) in various cities of the UK.

Currently, the folks eligible for biometric reuse are adults who have had their biometrics captured for a previous immigration application. This means that first-time applicants and those with children are not currently eligible. We take note that the reuse policy is only effective for applications made from within the UK, where biometrics have also been captured within the UK, and so UKVCAS source of income is relatively protected.

Everyone, including first-time applicants, would have had biometrics captures at some VAC location somewhere in the world for their initial entry to the UK. In the same vein as they opened up the possibility of biometric reuse, it is only a matter of time UKVI allows reuse of biometrics captured elsewhere in the world (for in-country switching applications to start with).

Since the IDV app is free (and is likely to evolve and become robust with any bug fixes over time), in the long run, this does seem like a slow loss of business to UKVCAS? Once total reuse of biometrics is possible by UKVI, nobody shall need to show up at their centres. Why would UKVCAS pay to retain staff, rent floor space and maintain biometric equipment?

Just a thought.
I would argue that it's a massive win for UKVCAS and Covid-19 has been a blessing for them.
With the app running now and allowing the biometric reuse, they can start to close centres and reduce their staff gradually and make massive savings on manpower and real estate cost(both these are very high even from European standards). Cost of equipment is no where in comparison to these. And don't think the contract will be renegotiated before it expires.
Yes, agree that the cost of manpower, and renting real estate far outweigh the furnishings and equipment.

I think that downsizing won't be an option for them, but will be rather forced upon them if the IDV app proves to be super efficient, i.e. they will have no choice, but to downsize. This will be a rather complete reversal given that they were pressured to ramp up opening of new centres at various brand new locations throughout the country.

Employees at UKVCAS may lose their jobs when the current contract runs out and if UKVI switches to a primary app-based model in the future (coupled with a lean support staff for those who need language translations and other manual assistance).

UKVI need not have engaged in this really circuitous arrangement at all in the first place. After the UKVI application, we are directed to register with a private agency, and upload documents, which in-turn are sent to UKVI's servers. Why, O why? For biometric verification/identify fraud prevention, they could just have gone the app-route or even a web-based route or the Passport Office or the Post Office! In fact, they have now commandeered tills at HM Passport Office now. All these are feasible options. (Already, the Tier 4 student visa requires you to have a video interview with caseworkers at Sheffield).

Agreed that UKVI does not have manpower to have video calls with every applicant (that will be incredibly time-consuming and lead to backlogs), but instead of the UKVCAS contract maintaining their own centres etc., they could have simply used the existing infrastructure (post office, passport office etc.), and saved money on the contract. UKVCAS only came into the picture in 2018, by which time the smartphone app ecosystem was already quite mature. The HMRC and other government agencies already have apps since 2015, so it does not necessarily need a pandemic to develop an app for reusing existing data!

Spare a thought for the UKVCAS staff who may be made redundant when the app becomes the standard.

Quite short-sighted this from the Home Office.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:27 am

Someone who applied on 22nd May just got the invitation to use IDV app. Just read the post on another forum. Hopefully end of May and beginning of June are the next batch for IDV invitations. Can the members kindly update here, so the others can get an idea what’s going on with UKVI and UKVCAS.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 am

I haven’t had any luck last evening, hope for better results today. Are there any more April applicants like me who are still waiting for the invite?

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am

SIyer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 am
I haven’t had any luck last evening, hope for better results today. Are there any more April applicants like me who are still waiting for the invite?
Not entirely same situation as yours but I am 10th May case and did not receive the invite but looks like the queue has moved beyond 20th May. Question, how many applications are linked to your email and did you raise any case on your application with UKVI previously? I have two applications on the same email and i did have a case raised as needed to travel urgently.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:06 am

har_p3 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am
SIyer wrote:
Not entirely same situation as yours but I am 10th May case and did not receive the invite but looks like the queue has moved beyond 20th May. Question, how many applications are linked to your email and did you raise any case on your application with UKVI previously? I have two applications on the same email and i did have a case raised as needed to travel urgently.
Just one application linked to my email and no I haven’t raised any case with UKVI. I wonder if calling UKVCAS makes any difference?

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:58 am

SIyer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:06 am
har_p3 wrote:
SIyer wrote:
Just one application linked to my email and no I haven’t raised any case with UKVI. I wonder if calling UKVCAS makes any difference?
I called UKVCAS yesterday and they gave their standard reply. They claimed that they do not decide who does or does not get the invite. It is decided by UKVI so asked to contact them!

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 am

har_p3 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:58 am
SIyer wrote:
har_p3 wrote:
SIyer wrote:
I called UKVCAS yesterday and they gave their standard reply. They claimed that they do not decide who does or does not get the invite. It is decided by UKVI so asked to contact them!
Yes, just spoke to them a few minutes back and they’re saying the same thing that they are not in control of who receives the email and the HO sends the emails out. She was saying that it may be an oversight and asked me to keep checking my inbox and junk folders as they are sending out large volumes each day. Have you tried calling UKVI?

Mcp788
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mcp788 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 am

Hello,

Applied 15th May
Invitation received 26 aug. Hope to submit doc today
The app says that all sections must have one doc mandatory any idea what to upload for medical? Applying for SET M (5year spouse route ).

Thanks

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:58 am

Mcp788 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 am
Hello,

Applied 15th May
The app says that all sections must have one doc mandatory any idea what to upload for medical? Applying for SET M (5year spouse route ).

Thanks
Nothing under medical as far as I know. My solicitor hasn't uploaded anything for my ILR Set(O).

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:59 am

Mcp788 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 am
Hello,

Applied 15th May

Thanks
I think that only the "mandatory" category has to have at least one document (passport and declaration etc).
All other categories are not mandatory. I left "medical" blank, same route as you.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:28 am

SIyer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 am
har_p3 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:58 am
SIyer wrote:
har_p3 wrote:

Yes, just spoke to them a few minutes back and they’re saying the same thing that they are not in control of who receives the email and the HO sends the emails out. She was saying that it may be an oversight and asked me to keep checking my inbox and junk folders as they are sending out large volumes each day. Have you tried calling UKVI?
Not sure what she meant by oversight as even if you do not get the email the app access should have been enabled if you are eligible. But don't see that happening. So that only means that you are not eligible yet and that is why not received the email.
Called UKVI contact center as well and as usual they don't have any clue as its just a facade and the real decisions are made by HO staff who we mere mortals don't have any access to!

iamrag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by iamrag » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:29 am

I have applied for ILR on 31st may for Set (O). Hopefully, will get invitation for IDV app soon.
I did upload all the document on the UKVCAS website at the time of application and then sent document to email from W&S Contingency team. My question is, do I need to upload new set of bank statements, payslips?

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:47 am

SIyer wrote:
April 1 applicant here, im already really upset..
last email i received was on August 1 about waiting "for a few more weeks" for the IDV invite.
tried to login to the app without the invitation butnit says "
This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access"

i also checked my spam folder.

mikegla
Newly Registered
England

Post by mikegla » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 am

Hi
I applied for ILR SET (LR) on 22 August 2020. Do I need to upload my documents on the UKVCAS website now or shall I wait to receive the email from UKVI on my eligibility to use the IDV app? The problem is that on UKVCAS it shows that there is no mandatory documents for me to be uploaded but I can upload optional documents.
Thanks

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:20 am

har_p3 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:15 pm
Carrington1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:21 pm
I applied on April 1, and still haven't received any idv invite yet. I tried logging in to the idv app and it says
"This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".
Still hoping I will get the invite within this week.
What category you have applied in? Also, did you try contacting UKVI or UKVCAS?
set O from

tried logging in on the app but it says "error no cases enabled to mobile....... "
Anyone here who applied from first week of April that haven't got the invite yet? There is nothing in my spam folder.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:39 am

Has any other person who submitted biometrics last week still waiting for a decision?

I submitted SET(O) Tier 2 General - still waiting over a week later.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:45 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:39 am
Has any other person who submitted biometrics last week still waiting for a decision?

I submitted SET(O) Tier 2 General - still waiting over a week later.
I submitted biometrics on 17th August and still waiting for the decision (10th day today). When did you enroll your biometrics?

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:02 pm

I enrolled my biometrics on 19th of August for set M, but didn't got any respond, I have seen many people got their approval with in 2 to 3 days , it is quite irritating, some are saying that it depends on the expiry date of current BRC, if your visa is near to expire you will get decision quick, my visa will expire on 8th of November.

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 pm

har_p3 wrote:
SIyer wrote:
Does it make any difference if you raise a case to travel urgently because I have to aswell. If it does then how do I do it. Who do I have to contact exactly and what information do I Have to provide. Thank you

Dr strange marvel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dr strange marvel » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:35 pm

mikegla wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 am
Hi
I applied for ILR SET (LR) on 22 August 2020. Do I need to upload my documents on the UKVCAS website now or shall I wait to receive the email from UKVI on my eligibility to use the IDV app? The problem is that on UKVCAS it shows that there is no mandatory documents for me to be uploaded but I can upload optional documents.
Thanks
It is the same for me, do not worry

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Dear August applicants

When someone gets the IDV email (supposed to come between now and 30th Aug), can you please share its contents? interested to see whether there will be an opt-out option and whether they will communicate any timeframe or will it just say "wait for a few weeks".

Thanks!

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Anyone who applied towards the end of the period of 1-15 Aug received an invite to book an appointment? I applied on 13 Aug but no news
LZ_90 did u manage to get registered with ukvcas because I applied on 18 unable to register with ukvcas.Kindly get back to me.Thanks