ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Heartbreakkid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:14 pm

mikegla wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 am
Hi
I applied for ILR SET (LR) on 22 August 2020. Do I need to upload my documents on the UKVCAS website now or shall I wait to receive the email from UKVI on my eligibility to use the IDV app? The problem is that on UKVCAS it shows that there is no mandatory documents for me to be uploaded but I can upload optional documents.
Thanks
Hi mikegla when did u registered with ukvcas bcoz I submitted mine on 18th but unable to register with ukvcas kindly get back to me.Thanks

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Anyone who applied towards the end of the period of 1-15 Aug received an invite to book an appointment? I applied on 13 Aug but no news
LZ_90 did u manage to get registered with ukvcas because I applied on 18 unable to register with ukvcas.Kindly get back to me.Thanks
Hey, I managed to register on the same day :) ie 13th Aug

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Decisions seems to have slowed. just now a user reported on the timeline that it took 20 days for his decision. P.S. Not 100% clear as there is a typo with the dates most likely.

ukmogulday
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ukmogulday » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Decisions have not necessarily slowed. Ours took 3 days from uploading docs and attending biometrics to getting decision. So there is hope. My experience may bee an interesting datapoint on biometrics for people as well.

Applied July 31 with solicitor advising (but used my email). I made a special effort to apply before July ended so as to stay in the July group. Was in biometric reuse group but opted out of IDV app prior to August 10 after getting the link August 5th or so. Got invitation to book biometric appointment around August 14th I think. Was away from London (in Scotland) and so booked biometrics for August 24th (although appointments were available in London on August 15th I think). Attended biometrics with wife and two dependents. Prior to this I had uploaded ZERO documents to UKVCAS website (I scanned them all at the biometric appointment). Amazingly, got notification today (so only 3 days after uploading docs and doing biometrics) that we have all be approved for ILR. Now awaiting BRP arrival.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:42 pm

ukmogulday wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:37 pm
Decisions have not necessarily slowed. Ours took 3 days from uploading docs and attending biometrics to getting decision. So there is hope. My experience may bee an interesting datapoint on biometrics for people as well.

Applied July 31 with solicitor advising (but used my email). I made a special effort to apply before July ended so as to stay in the July group. Was in biometric reuse group but opted out of IDV app prior to August 10 after getting the link August 5th or so. Got invitation to book biometric appointment around August 14th I think. Was away from London (in Scotland) and so booked biometrics for August 24th (although appointments were available in London on August 15th I think). Attended biometrics with wife and two dependents. Prior to this I had uploaded ZERO documents to UKVCAS website (I scanned them all at the biometric appointment). Amazingly, got notification today (so only 3 days after uploading docs and doing biometrics) that we have all be approved for ILR. Now awaiting BRP arrival.
Yes, not slowed to a an extent that it affects everyone. But there are considerable number of people waiting for decisions for 10+ days on this forum which wasn't the pattern i observed earlier. Moreover, all IDV app users have also been waiting. Not heard 1 case who has received decision. I have been watching this closely for some time.

mikegla
Newly Registered
England

Post by mikegla » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:14 pm
mikegla wrote:
Hi
I applied for ILR SET (LR) on 22 August 2020. Do I need to upload my documents on the UKVCAS website now or shall I wait to receive the email from UKVI on my eligibility to use the IDV app? The problem is that on UKVCAS it shows that there is no mandatory documents for me to be uploaded but I can upload optional documents.
Thanks
Hi mikegla when did u registered with ukvcas bcoz I submitted mine on 18th but unable to register with ukvcas kindly get back to me.Thanks
Hi, Once I submitted my application, I was directed to book an appointment at UKVCAS website where I registered for the first time but could not find any available appointments.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:58 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:42 pm
Yes, not slowed to a an extent that it affects everyone. But there are considerable number of people waiting for decisions for 10+ days on this forum which wasn't the pattern i observed earlier. Moreover, all IDV app users have also been waiting. Not heard 1 case who has received decision. I have been watching this closely for some time.
Based on the information published in the timeline thread, the average decision time went up only slightly over the past week (from 3.6 working days to 4.4 working days), so it could be that particular ancestry case which took longer for some reason.

It's unclear why none of the IDV applicants received their decisions yet. I wonder if they have a different procedure for them, such as additional manual checks of photos uploaded, just to make sure the system is working properly.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:01 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:58 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:42 pm
Based on the information published in the timeline thread, the average decision time went up only slightly over the past week (from 3.6 working days to 4.4 working days), so it could be that particular ancestry case which took longer for some reason.

It's unclear why none of the IDV applicants received their decisions yet. I wonder if they have a different procedure for them, such as additional manual checks of photos uploaded, just to make sure the system is working properly.
Yes, that' what I think about IDV applicants. The new ways of working needs to get embedded into their process so that might be taking sometime for the initial applicants. Hope the TAT becomes the same for IDV applicants eventually. Let's hope this happens soon.

mikegla
Newly Registered
England

Post by mikegla » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:07 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:17 pm
vieve34 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 pm
NoUsername wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 pm
vieve34 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:34 pm
Applied on 19th May 2020

SET M

Received invite to submit photo verification for IDV at 8.42pm today.

May God help us all as now the real waiting begins.
Exactly same as you, SET (M) on 19th May, but haven't got anything :( No luck today.

Did you upload supporting documents before you received the invite?

Yes I uploaded all suppourting document sometime last month.

Fingers crossed yours will come in tomorrow or you can take a chance now by loggin into your UKVCAS account and see if your appointment windows are showing.

You can also try logging into the IDV app with your UAN number, sometimes there may be a slight delay with emails.

I was able to submit my photo 3hours before I received the email.
Many thanks ❤️

Yea, tried to log into IDV but no luck as well. I haven't uploaded the docs but will do tomorrow. Hopefully it will bring the invite in.
Hi, Where we can find the IDV app? is it on Google Play? Thanks

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Carrington1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:47 am
SIyer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 am
I haven’t had any luck last evening, hope for better results today. Are there any more April applicants like me who are still waiting for the invite?
April 1 applicant here, im already really upset..
last email i received was on August 1 about waiting "for a few more weeks" for the IDV invite.
tried to login to the app without the invitation butnit says "
This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access"

i also checked my spam folder.
Same for me, the last email I have is from Aug 1st which clearly states that I am eligible for biometrics reuse so I can’t think of a reason why I haven’t received the invite but I feel your pain because you should have been among the first ones to be invited. Hang in there, they plan to send invites to everyone before the 7th of September so I’m thinking we could get it on any day before that date.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:35 pm

ukmogulday wrote:

Could you please share with us the expiry date of your Tier 2 Visa/BRP? Latest conspiracy theory says that the decisions are according to the expiry date of the current visa :D

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:44 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:35 pm
ukmogulday wrote:

Could you please share with us the expiry date of your Tier 2 Visa/BRP? Latest conspiracy theory says that the decisions are according to the expiry date of the current visa :D
Not so sure about this. I applied 28 March, submitted biometrics on the app 19 August and still waiting. My visa expired back in May already... Anxious and frustrated.

Could it be that when the app was rolled out, all of the sudden they have around 4000 applications to process per day, instead of the much smaller number pre-app rollout, hence longer decision time? Just speculation...

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:59 pm

It’s just been reported on another forum that Someone got the decision today. They used IDV app. Decision came on the 4th day after submitting information through IDV app. Hoping to hear for decision announcements on this forum also.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Exactly it’s a ray of hope. Good luck to all of us.

abc123456789
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abc123456789 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:15 pm

ukmogulday wrote:

Congratulations! That's surprisingly fast.

We submitted our biometrics on 18th Aug and still waiting...

atao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by atao » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Just received the eligible for IDV email as an August applicant. You’re not offered an opt out option however you can chose to use app or book appointment once you received IDV invitation BY 14 Sep.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:43 pm

atao wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:21 pm
Just received the eligible for IDV email as an August applicant. You’re not offered an opt out option however you can chose to use app or book appointment once you received IDV invitation BY 14 Sep.
Thank you very much for this info!
This is not ideal for the re-use applicants, again at a disadvantage compared to those able to book appointments now, but what can we do!
I'll be waiting for mine to come through...

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:48 pm

I also receive an invitation to use the app after applying on 3/08. It is a standard email, I will be able to book appointment once invited to use the app which should happen before 14/09. This seems to be the way it works now, which makes sense.

By the way I don’t think any free in person appointments exist anymore, they are replaced by this app.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

I don’t mind. Can the moderators please advise it’s not against the group rules ?

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Just to keep track of things, I have just received notice that I am eligible to use the IDV app at 16:20 today.

Application: August 4th (ILR Set M)
Biometrics last taken: February 2018, so before Sopra Steria started doing stuff for UKVI

From what I understand that means I should receive an invitation when I can actually use the app by September 14th.

From the email:
An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app by 14 September 2020, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.
What if I want to book an appointment and not use the IDV app?
  • The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point and it is free to use. However, if you would prefer to book an appointment, you will be able to access available appointments on our booking system when you are invited to use the IDV app.
  • You can book a location, date and time that works for you from a mix of free and chargeable appointments. There are a number of free appointments available, but please be aware that these will be booked up very quickly.
Also hi everyone! First post :)

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm

For biometric reuse ILR applicants,

Question # 1 - is it possible to know till what date has UKVCAS / UKVI sent out invitations to use the IDV App ?

Question # 2 - where in the App does one enter their UAN number? The instruction video doesn't show that....
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:41 pm

mikegla wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:56 pm
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:14 pm
mikegla wrote:
Hi
Thanks
Hi, Once I submitted my application, I was directed to book an appointment at UKVCAS website where I registered for the first time but could not find any available appointments.
Thanks for prompt reply when I completed mine application they said you can’t book appointment with SSC It’s suspended at the moment ☹️

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Post by sugaz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm

I have received the re-use of biometrics using IDV app email today at 3:38 PM (Applied on 3rd Aug)

UKVI have identified that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.

An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app by 14 September 2020, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.
Last edited by sugaz on Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm

harshitguptaiitr wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm
For biometric reuse ILR applicants,

Question # 1 - is it possible to know till what date has UKVCAS / UKVI sent out invitations to use the IDV App ?

Question # 2 - where in the App does one enter their UAN number? The instruction video doesn't show that....
1. 20-May as reported by someone on this forum yesterday. 6-June seen for one applicant on a facebook forum.
2. Not 100% sure but UAN could be relevant only in case same email was used to register 2 or more applications

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi All,

Just received the stupid email from UKVCAS that I am eligible for IDV app. I applied on 5th of August.