ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: i got approval last week

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:44 pm

sraodas wrote:hi guys,

i was apply 2007 november, i got approval 23rd september 2010.
Hi Sraodas,
congratulations.
Did they ask you for further documents like pay slips,P21 and bank statement when they start the further processing stage?
peace on you

Lesyk
Newly Registered

Post by Lesyk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:06 pm

sraodas wrote:hi guys,

i was apply 2007 november, i got approval 23rd september 2010.
For some reason i don't believe it's truth. Looks like Mary from Tipperary Office pretending to be a foreigner... :oops:

neo725
Newly Registered

Post by neo725 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 am

" for some reason i don't believe it's truth"

Yes!!! it's truth! I know two fellows who have been naturalized in September 2010! Both of them applied in 2007.
The system is on again!!!

Lutus
Newly Registered

Post by Lutus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 am

I Applied August 07 gotapproval March 2010

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:12 pm

neo725 wrote:" for some reason i don't believe it's truth"

Yes!!! it's truth! I know two fellows who have been naturalized in September 2010! Both of them applied in 2007.
Now it's John from Tipperary office pretending to be a foreigner. :wink: :lol:

crown

Post by crown » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:15 pm

fatty patty wrote:

Could someone please help? Who is telling the truth here? Has DOJ really given anybody of late - since June 2010?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:47 pm

crown wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

Could someone please help? Who is telling the truth here? Has DOJ really given anybody of late - since June 2010?
I was joking in earlier post.....must be true if those users are saying that they are start getting naturalization approvals. I think the Dail term was over at the time, minister was on holidays thats why there was no activity since Jun-Aug. Keep your fingers crossed, post should come soon.

neo725
Newly Registered

Post by neo725 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:52 pm

:)
Last edited by neo725 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:06 pm

neo725 wrote:"Has DOJ really given anybody of late - since June 2010?"

Well, what is all this panic here about? Why is it so difficult for you all to believe that the process has started and some people have received theirs certificates of naturalization in the late week of September? And the last is complete and 100% truth! Although I do not think any Mary or John, who have kept theirs sanity, would bother to register on this forum and have any kind of activity here. People release yours fear and move on :)
Yo crown...she is definitely Mary...i am telling ya....

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:18 pm

fatty patty wrote:
neo725 wrote:"Has DOJ really given anybody of late - since June 2010?"

Well, what is all this panic here about? Why is it so difficult for you all to believe that the process has started and some people have received theirs certificates of naturalization in the late week of September? And the last is complete and 100% truth! Although I do not think any Mary or John, who have kept theirs sanity, would bother to register on this forum and have any kind of activity here. People release yours fear and move on :)
Yo crown...she is definitely Mary...i am telling ya....
The same Mary who twiddles her thumbs during Autumn & knits sweaters during Winters. The last approval from INIS was on the day Halley's Comet was last spotted !

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

hi

Post by naseemkhan3 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 pm

(Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

There are currently approximately 21,500 applications for naturalisation with the Citizenship Division of my Department that are still awaiting a decision. This is primarily due to the significant increase in the volume of applications received in the last number of years. Approximately 5,000 (23%) of applications are on hand for more than 2 years. Circa 16,500 (77%) are on hand from a current date up to 2 years.

A Certificate of Naturalisation is an exceptional and important document that facilitates a non-national becoming a citizen of Ireland. The making of an application for a certificate of naturalisation is an individual’s choice. The granting of Irish Citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and an honour and not an entitlement. Applications must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

hi

Post by naseemkhan3 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Jim O'Keeffe (Cork South West, Fine Gael)

Question 294: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the average delay in the processing of applications for citizenship; the reasons for such delays; if these delays can be reduced; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34942/10]
Dermot Ahern (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

The length of time taken to process each application should not be classified as a delay, as the length of time taken for any application to be decided is purely a function of the time taken to carry out necessary checks. The average processing time from application to decision for the generality of valid applications for a certificate of naturalisation is currently 26 months and this has been maintained despite the substantial increases in the volume of applications received in recent years. This has been possible as a result of the allocation of additional resources to the division and the implementation of further refinements to procedures. The procedures employed to assess an applicant for naturalisation are summarised below.

Upon receipt, an initial examination of each application is carried out to determine if the statutory application is completed fully. Incomplete application forms are returned to the applicant for amendment. Valid applications are then examined to determine if the applicant meets the statutory residency criteria set out in the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act. Passports and other documentation are examined in detail and enquiries with the Garda National Immigration Bureau may also be necessary.

Further processing takes place at a later stage and involves assessing an applicant’s financial status in respect of their ability to support themselves in the State. Enquiries with the Revenue Commissioners and the Department of Social and Family Affairs may be necessary in this regard. Enquiries are also made with the Garda Síochána in order that I can be satisfied that the applicant is of good character. Depending on the complexity of any given case, these processes can take a lengthy time to complete. Once all enquiries are completed, the application is referred to me for a decision.

The Deputy will appreciate that the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation is an honour and applications must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is given only to persons who satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria. These procedures have been developed and refined over a number of years and I am satisfied that they are necessary to maintain the integrity of the naturalisation process.

fatty patty

Re: hi

Post by fatty patty » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:32 pm

naseemkhan3 wrote:Jim O'Keeffe (Cork South West, Fine Gael)

Question 294: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the average delay in the processing of applications for citizenship; the reasons for such delays; if these delays can be reduced; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34942/10]
Dermot Ahern (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

The length of time taken to process each application should not be classified as a delay, as the length of time taken for any application to be decided is purely a function of the time taken to carry out necessary checks. The average processing time from application to decision for the generality of valid applications for a certificate of naturalisation is currently 26 months and this has been maintained despite the substantial increases in the volume of applications received in recent years. This has been possible as a result of the allocation of additional resources to the division and the implementation of further refinements to procedures. The procedures employed to assess an applicant for naturalisation are summarised below.

Upon receipt, an initial examination of each application is carried out to determine if the statutory application is completed fully. Incomplete application forms are returned to the applicant for amendment. Valid applications are then examined to determine if the applicant meets the statutory residency criteria set out in the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act. Passports and other documentation are examined in detail and enquiries with the Garda National Immigration Bureau may also be necessary.

Further processing takes place at a later stage and involves assessing an applicant’s financial status in respect of their ability to support themselves in the State. Enquiries with the Revenue Commissioners and the Department of Social and Family Affairs may be necessary in this regard. Enquiries are also made with the Garda Síochána in order that I can be satisfied that the applicant is of good character. Depending on the complexity of any given case, these processes can take a lengthy time to complete. Once all enquiries are completed, the application is referred to me for a decision.

The Deputy will appreciate that the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation is an honour and applications must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that it is not undervalued and is given only to persons who satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria. These procedures have been developed and refined over a number of years and I am satisfied that they are necessary to maintain the integrity of the naturalisation process.

Again a dust under the carpet answer given to the TD of Cork (who I assume put this question after been pestured by one of his contituents) :? . Funny....even the minister's response is the same when you ask INIS for an update on the citizenship application. Ctrl C, Ctrl V...Copy Paste.

Don20
Newly Registered

Post by Don20 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:51 pm

hiya!
Although my situation is kind of different. i was wondering if ayone could offer advice. I came into the country in 2002 as a minor to join family unit who were already on stamp 4. i got my own stamp 4 approval in 2004 and i have been working ever since though not for the whole of the years. My parents recently got naturalised but the problem is that i am now of full age and will have to fill the form 8 form for my application as i am not a minor anymore. I never collected any social welfare since i have been here and during the times i was unemployed, my parents were supporting me. I just want to know if anyone has been in this situation and how long it took to get an approval. Every member of my family are naturalised except me. Plus i sent an application to INIS 2 months ago. thanks

crown

Post by crown » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Pls can you post the original source of this link
Thanks

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:37 pm

crown wrote:

Pls can you post the original source of this link
Thanks

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... #g1481.0.q

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 am

Hi to ye all...unfortunately still awaiting decision on my application...i've applied in Mar 2007 and its more than 3.5 years....is any one from early 2007 still waiting for the decision??

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:44 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi to ye all...unfortunately still awaiting decision on my application...i've applied in Mar 2007 and its more than 3.5 years....is any one from early 2007 still waiting for the decision??

:shock:

sraodas
Newly Registered

i was apply 2007 november, i got a approval sep 22nd 2010

Post by sraodas » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:38 am

IRISH PHAROE,

i was apply 2007 november, i am indian national , they are asking some documents(pay slips and bank statements etc.) april 2009, i got a letter of oath 22nd sep 2010, when i was went for oath i met two other nationals, one of apply 2005 june, and other apply 2008 october, they got oath letter same day 22nd sep 2010. i don't know what the reason some of got very quick, some of them got very very late. one of my close friend he was apply same 2007 november, but he got approval last year december.

any way finally i got it.

thanks
sraodas.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: i was apply 2007 november, i got a approval sep 22nd 201

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 am

sraodas wrote:IRISH PHAROE,

i was apply 2007 november, i am indian national , they are asking some documents(pay slips and bank statements etc.) april 2009, i got a letter of oath 22nd sep 2010, when i was went for oath i met two other nationals, one of apply 2005 june, and other apply 2008 october, they got oath letter same day 22nd sep 2010. i don't know what the reason some of got very quick, some of them got very very late. one of my close friend he was apply same 2007 november, but he got approval last year december.

any way finally i got it.

thanks
sraodas.
congratulations
peace on you

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

i applied in Nov 2007 and still waiting....

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 am

myimmigrationboards wrote:i applied in Nov 2007 and still waiting....
Hi there, when were you asked for additional docs & when did you send? Did you get the Social Welfare report & send it as well? Sorry for too many questions - just trying to figure out if being proactive makes any difference at all !!

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
Hi there, when were you asked for additional docs & when did you send? Did you get the Social Welfare report & send it as well? Sorry for too many questions - just trying to figure out if being proactive makes any difference at all !!
I believe being proactive makes a difference. I used to call regularly for updates before I got my approval. When I was told they are still waiting to get Social welfare reports, I obtained these myself and sent them in. I have a friend that we applied the same week(Aug 2007), I encouraged him to do the same thing without them asking for the reports first but he said he feels its unnecessary to do such. Well I got my approval March this year, he is still waiting....
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

AShawna wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:
never asked for additional documents ., i sent them s/w letter in jan/10., when i asked for an update last time i was told that they r watting for outside agencies(i.e. garda) to report and now i am told they r watting for s/w report so i think sending a s/w letter by ourself doesnt make any difference but again their is no harm for sending it too.
good luck

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:29 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote:
AShawna wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:
never asked for additional documents ., i sent them s/w letter in jan/10., when i asked for an update last time i was told that they r watting for outside agencies(i.e. garda) to report and now i am told they r watting for s/w report so i think sending a s/w letter by ourself doesnt make any difference but again their is no harm for sending it too.
good luck
Sending a SW report in by yourself does help (well used to, at least). My case was exactly as AShawna. They were waiting on my SW report for along time, contacted DoSW myself got report, forwarded it to Tipperary, got my approval within a few weeks. I am suspecting that in your case they were waiting on both report for along time and since some times have passed between when you sent in your SW report and when the Garda report came in, they may want anther up-to-date SW report. It's a bit like musical chairs sometimes but sure what can we do. My advice, if you can get on to DoSW again, get an updated report if you can and forward it. You've got nothing to lose.

God luck.

9j