ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:04 pm

9jeirean wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote:
AShawna wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:
Hi there, when were you asked for additional docs & when did you send? Did you get the Social Welfare report & send it as well? Sorry for too many questions - just trying to figure out if being proactive makes any difference at all !!
never asked for additional documents ., i sent them s/w letter in jan/10., when i asked for an update last time i was told that they r watting for outside agencies(i.e. garda) to report and now i am told they r watting for s/w report so i think sending a s/w letter by ourself doesnt make any difference but again their is no harm for sending it too.
good luck
Sending a SW report in by yourself does help (well used to, at least). My case was exactly as AShawna. They were waiting on my SW report for along time, contacted DoSW myself got report, forwarded it to Tipperary, got my approval within a few weeks. I am suspecting that in your case they were waiting on both report for along time and since some times have passed between when you sent in your SW report and when the Garda report came in, they may want anther up-to-date SW report. It's a bit like musical chairs sometimes but sure what can we do. My advice, if you can get on to DoSW again, get an updated report if you can and forward it. You've got nothing to lose.

God luck.

9j
hi 9jerian., do you remember what did it say on your sw report? because the letter i got from sw office simply said that i am not in receipt of any sw payments from this department. is their any difernce or do i need to ask for a sw report?
thanks

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:24 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote: hi 9jerian., do you remember what did it say on your sw report? because the letter i got from sw office simply said that i am not in receipt of any sw payments from this department. is their any difernce or do i need to ask for a sw report?
thanks
I think its this one here...its social welfare contribution history. Well this is the one i send and it was more detailed stating how many contributions i did yearly every year since i started working way back.

https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/ ... ecord.aspx

You can order it online or through social welfare offices.

(@9j...dude correct me if i am wrong)

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:17 am

AShawna wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:
Hi there, when were you asked for additional docs & when did you send? Did you get the Social Welfare report & send it as well? Sorry for too many questions - just trying to figure out if being proactive makes any difference at all !!
never asked for additional documents ., i sent them s/w letter in jan/10., when i asked for an update last time i was told that they r watting for outside agencies(i.e. garda) to report and now i am told they r watting for s/w report so i think sending a s/w letter by ourself doesnt make any difference but again their is no harm for sending it too.
good luck
possible reasons for delay : 1) birth / marriage affidavits reqd as original cert unacceptable 2) latest P21, bank stmts, salary slips not provided 3) As @9j pointed out, SW report you provided in jan 2010 is 'obsolete' now. So, no harm to send all of the above. Good luck !

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 am

fatty patty wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote: hi 9jerian., do you remember what did it say on your sw report? because the letter i got from sw office simply said that i am not in receipt of any sw payments from this department. is their any difernce or do i need to ask for a sw report?
thanks
I think its this one here...its social welfare contribution history. Well this is the one i send and it was more detailed stating how many contributions i did yearly every year since i started working way back.

I requested the SW report from that website, but haven't received anything yet. It's almost 4 weeks I submitted that online form.
Did you request the report online?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 am

hi 9jerian., do you remember what did it say on your sw report? because the letter i got from sw office simply said that i am not in receipt of any sw payments from this department. is their any difernce or do i need to ask for a sw report?
thanks
When you contacted them, did you specifically request that you need your SW Payment History for naturalization purpose? Mine included about 3 lines on some illness benefit that was paid to my employer a few years back, but I recollect that some contributors on this thread who had not received any form of payment got something along the line of what you got, so if you have't received any payment that should suffice. (You may check some posts between January-March this year on this thread)

@ fatty patty

Based on my experience dealing with the Naturalization office, I think they are mostly looking for what you have been paid as SW payment more than what you have contributed (the P60/21 you submitted would have proved that already). I might be wrong, but if what you got only state your contribution, it might not suffice. You may ring them up in Tipp and find out to be sure. (I heard they are back answering the phones again).

In my own case, I didn't go online to request the SW report. I rang them up @ their Dublin office. Spoke with a nice lady who said, 'this is for naturalization isn't it?' She promised to send it within 2 working days and she did. The unit to call is the Taxation unit. The number is 01-7043000. Make sure you state specifically that you need this for naturalization and to cover all your period of residence in the state.

Good luck y'all

9j

crown

Post by crown » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 pm

9jeirean wrote:
hi 9jerian., do you remember what did it say on your sw report? because the letter i got from sw office simply said that i am not in receipt of any sw payments from this department.

Good luck y'all

9j
9j, fatty patty etc
Thanks guys for putting up all these info
Quite useful
Regards
Crown

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:50 pm

9jeirean wrote:
thanks
When you contacted them, did you specifically request that you need your SW Payment History for naturalization purpose? Mine included about 3 lines on some illness benefit that was paid to my employer a few years back, but I recollect that some contributors on this thread who had not received any form of payment got something along the line of what you got, so if you have't received any payment that should suffice. (You may check some posts between January-March this year on this thread)

@ fatty patty

Based on my experience dealing with the Naturalization office, I think they are mostly looking for what you have been paid as SW payment more than what you have contributed (the P60/21 you submitted would have proved that already). I might be wrong, but if what you got only state your contribution, it might not suffice. You may ring them up in Tipp and find out to be sure. (I heard they are back answering the phones again).

In my own case, I didn't go online to request the SW report. I rang them up @ their Dublin office. Spoke with a nice lady who said, 'this is for naturalization isn't it?' She promised to send it within 2 working days and she did. The unit to call is the Taxation unit. The number is 01-7043000. Make sure you state specifically that you need this for naturalization and to cover all your period of residence in the state.

Good luck y'all

9j
Thanks 9j

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:18 pm

9jeirean wrote:
thanks

@ fatty patty

Good luck y'all

9j
Thanks for the info, i just rang that number and speaking to a polite guy he said that this is the same one as you order the one online...bascially what it shows is your PRSI contributions year on year...for e.g. mine looked like

YEAR CONTRIBUTIONS CREDIT

2001 - 52
2003 - 52
2004 - 50 - 2
2005 - 52
2006 - 52
2007 - 52
2008 - 52
2009 - 52

Year is the year obviously...contributions means that you were employed 52 weeks in year (52 weeks makes 1 year) and if there is anything in credit section as you can see mine (that was when i was off sick work for two weeks and my employer don't pay sick pay so i ordered it through Social Welfare department as its the entitlment i confirmed with the girl at the time of ordering and she said its not classed as dole at all).

Now if one has claimed jobseeker/dole or anything else...credit section would have more and more weeks on it depending on how many weeks you have claimed.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Aceform wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
thanks

I requested the SW report from that website, but haven't received anything yet. It's almost 4 weeks I submitted that online form.
I requested it online and got it in around 4-5 weeks later. But to be sure to be sure just give a ring on that number 9j mentioned and the guy will register your detail there and then.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:10 pm

fatty patty wrote:
Aceform wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
thanks

I requested it online and got it in around 4-5 weeks later. But to be sure to be sure just give a ring on that number 9j mentioned and the guy will register your detail there and then.
cheers

crown

Post by crown » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:53 am

Aceform wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
Aceform wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
cheers
Please does anyone know how to hasten Garda Report? Can you collect yourself like Welfare Report
Cheers
Crown

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

^i also want to know can i send these two reports myself or let them do this and how to get gara report just drop into any garda station or is there any form to fill???

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Called DoJ @ 062 32500 today. After being on hold for nearly half an hour, got though to Mary in Citizenship division.

Me: Its nice that your section started taking calls again.
Mary: We never stopped taking calls.
Me: :shock: :?
Me: Can I give you my Ref. number?
Mary: Yes
Me: 68/27**/08. I applied in Apr 2008 and looking for an update.
Mary: No decision has been reached on your application yet.
Me: Can I have bit more information, as your section confirmed nearly 8 months ago that my application is in last stage.
Mary: There's no more information available. Average time for processing bla bla bla . All application are delt in bla bla bla. Each case in individual bla bla bla.
Me: :evil: So when will you have more information ?
Mary: No idea. There is a limit to the reduction bla bla bla bla.

Conclusion: DoJ Staff = Cloned Parrots.
Last edited by asrpb on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:33 pm

@ Crown & FlatPack: I don't think you can hasten Garda report or Collect it by yourself as you can for SW report. Yo just have to wait and hope that they respond on time.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 pm

thanx m8, for quick reply,
9jeirean wrote:@ Crown & FlatPack: I don't think you can hasten Garda report or Collect it by yourself as you can for SW report. Yo just have to wait and hope that they respond on time.

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:10 pm

9jeirean wrote:
@ Crown & FlatPack: I don't think you can hasten Garda report or Collect it by yourself as you can for SW report. Yo just have to wait and hope that they respond on time.

but cant we get Garda Report from GARDA VETTING UNIT, i think they can give some information as teachers need to get report from them first to apply any jobs in schools etc/ there is little fees for them to get report

but i dont know it works or not as one of me friends applied for his report he was migrating to Canada for three four weeks he never got any reply then he rang them in vetting unit to ask for updates on his request and they told him his application is misplaced and ask him to request again, he was really pissed off coz he had to submit report in canadian embassy as soon as possible so he asked to talk to their supervisor and wen he talk to her, they sent his cetificate in just 3 days so its not DoJ in all depts. its same story they jst drink coffee and talk about last night

crown

Post by crown » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:30 pm

can i be irish wrote:9jeirean wrote:

but cant we get Garda Report from GARDA VETTING UNIT, i think they can give some information as teachers need to get report from them first to apply any jobs in schools etc/ there is little fees for them to get report

but i dont know it works or not as one of me friends applied for his report he was migrating to Canada for three four weeks he never got any reply then he rang them in vetting unit to ask for updates on his request and they told him his application is misplaced and ask him to request again, he was really pissed off coz he had to submit report in canadian embassy as soon as possible so he asked to talk to their supervisor and wen he talk to her, they sent his cetificate in just 3 days so its not DoJ in all depts. its same story they jst drink coffee and talk about last night
Hi All,
From information I just noticed, pasted on the gardai website, I do not think anyone can do anything but wait

http://www.garda.ie/FAQ/Default.aspx?FAQCategory=36

This is the FAQ section for the Garda Vetting Unit
Crown

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:16 pm

asrpb wrote:Called DoJ @ 062 32500 today. After being on hold for nearly half an hour, got though to Mary in Citizenship division.

Me: Its nice that your section started taking calls again.
Mary: We never stopped taking calls.
Me: :shock: :?
Me: Can I give you my Ref. number?
Mary: Yes
Me: 68/27**/08. I applied in Apr 2008 and looking for an update.
Mary: No decision has been reached on your application yet.
Me: Can I have bit more information, as your section confirmed nearly 8 months ago that my application is in last stage.
Mary: There's no more information available. Average time for processing bla bla bla . All application are delt in bla bla bla. Each case in individual bla bla bla.
Me: :evil: So when will you have more information ?
Mary: No idea. There is a limit to the reduction bla bla bla bla.

Conclusion: DoJ Staff = Cloned Parrots.
Hey buddy, i got the same bolloxxy answer the 1st time around. I didn't give up, i rang again & this time a nice lady said they're waiting on just 1 last report (i.e) Garda report. she said once that arrives, my file would be sent on to Minister's office. so, the garda report continues to be a bottleneck in the process..there's nothing we can do..i applied June 2008 & sent additional docs in early May 2010.

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

hi

Post by naseemkhan3 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:06 pm

(Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

An application for a certificate of naturalisation from the person referred to in the Deputy’s Question was received in the Citizenship Division of my Department in October 2008 and I decided in my absolute discretion to grant a certificate of naturalisation. The person concerned was informed of this decision in a letter issued to him on 21 September, 2010. Documentation required for certification purposes has been received from the person concerned and a certificate of naturalisation will be issued in due course.

I should remind the Deputy that queries in relation to the status of individual Immigration cases may be made direct to INIS by Email using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. The service enables up-to-date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek this information through the more administratively expensive Parliamentary Questions process

zzz

Post by zzz » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:50 am

HOTSPURS wrote:... so, the garda report continues to be a bottleneck in the process...
Newstalk FM have reported this morning - there is a backlog of 60k (16k?) applications for garda vetting. not only immigrants are in a queue - teachers and people of medical professions too.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:25 pm

zzz wrote:Newstalk FM have reported this morning - there is a backlog of 60k (16k?) applications for garda vetting. not only immigrants are in a queue - teachers and people of medical professions too.
In early 2011, the Garda Vetting Unit is going to under immense pressure because the Census of Population is taking place in April 2011 and the Central Statistics Office will be recruiting 5,000 field staff, which all will need to be vetted.

So, unfortunately, whoever is waiting for the GV might experience more delays early next year.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: hi

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 pm

naseemkhan3 wrote:(Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform; Louth, Fianna Fail)

An application for a certificate of naturalisation from the person referred to in the Deputy’s Question was received in the Citizenship Division of my Department in October 2008 and I decided in my absolute discretion to grant a certificate of naturalisation. The person concerned was informed of this decision in a letter issued to him on 21 September, 2010. Documentation required for certification purposes has been received from the person concerned and a certificate of naturalisation will be issued in due course.

I should remind the Deputy that queries in relation to the status of individual Immigration cases may be made direct to INIS by Email using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. The service enables up-to-date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek this information through the more administratively expensive Parliamentary Questions process
Ie stop bringing enquiries direct to the Minister. Well, as all of you would testify, if the INIS was actually responding to emails etc and giving adequate answers as oppose to blanks, ye would not be doing that.

So keep doing what ye are doing. The Minister may then get the hint

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Speech by Minister for Justice and Law Reform Mr. Dermot Ahern T.D., at the official turning of the sod for the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service in Tipperary Town 15 October 2010
CHECK AGAINST DELIVERY

I am delighted to be here in Tipperary Town today, along with my colleague, Minister of State Martin Mansergh, to turn the first sod on the new INIS Offices. I would like to welcome Ned O'Connor, the South Tipperary County Manager and Clare Curley, Town Manager with whose staff, we will be sharing this fine site. I also want to welcome the Secretary General of my Department, Seán Aylward, who has been a great advocate of decentralisation while at the helm of the Department of Justice, and Clare McGrath, Chairman of the Office of Public Works and John McMahon, Commissioner, O.P.W.

It is just over 2 years since I was last here to open the temporary accommodation for INIS. In the intervening time, I am pleased to say that the staff in Citizenship Division have not been idle. The number of naturalisation cases dealt with by the Office has increased from 7,000 in 2006 to 11,000 in their first year here in 2008 to an expected 26,000 this year. The new Offices that will be built in this field will provide a permanent home for this important work.Decentralisation has many critics but I believe overall it has been very successful. Those who question the effect of the scheme should come here to Tipperary. They can start with our erstwhile colleagues in the Equality Authority in Roscrea. They can stop by the Office of the Inspector of Prisons in Nenagh; proceed to Thurles to the Garda Central Vetting Unit and the Fixed Charge Processing Office and finish up in Tipperary Town at the Private Security Authority and INIS. By the time they have completed that journey, they will have met 250 staff, happy to be working in their own place, close to their families and friends. Happy to be back in the Home of Hurling and back in what has become a significant outpost of the Department of Justice and Law Reform. Some commentators see decentralisation through a prism of finance, to the exclusion of all other considerations. We see it through the needs of real people and their communities. I am proud of my Department's record on decentralisation, which has already seen 550 staff in 13 agencies transfer to 9 locations around the country.

Today's event marks another significant milestone in the Justice family's decentralisation story. We already have 62 staff here, processing naturalisation applications from those who came to our shores over the past 5 years or more, and who now want to become fully-fledged Irish citizens. When this office is built, fitted out, and ready to go in 18 months time, we will begin the process of expanding the staff complement to raise it ultimately to 188. At the same time, staff from the Council will occupy their premises.

I have no doubt that the staff from both services will function well together to make this facility a thriving centre of activity for all the people of South Tipperary and in the case of our staff, for people far beyond this community.

Before I finish, I want to again thank our colleagues in the Office of Public Works for bringing the project to this stage. I know the work that has been involved and I wish them and the contractors, JSL Group Ltd, every good wish for a successful project. I look forward to being back here again in 2012 to officially open the new Offices.

Thank you.
May that is good news for the new generation of applicants not for us who applied 15 months ago, but who knows, I might get my decesion from the new building :lol:
but by looking at the numbers of applications that will be processed this year (26000 applications) that means they (INIS) will finish all what they have at the time being this year, as in a previos thread Dermot Ahern admits that they have 26000 applications in hand
come on INIS :lol:
peace on you

crown

Post by crown » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:: [/b]
Noone is even talking about naturalisation here

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/vital-yo ... 33808.html

Vital youth projects ‘jeopardised’ as Garda vetting backlog hits 60,000
By Jennifer Hough

Monday, October 18, 2010

A BACKLOG of 60,000 Garda vetting applications for people working with children is keeping them out of work for longer and stalling youth projects across the country, it has been claimed.
While the Department of Justice says the average processing time for vetting applications is in the region of 10 to 12 weeks, Youth Work Ireland (YWI) claims applications can take up to eight months to process.

Michael McLoughlin of YWI said short-term projects which need volunteers are being put in jeopardy because people cannot get vetted in time.

Another issue emerging is that people who already have Garda clearance must be re-vetted if they want to work or volunteer for a different organisation.

Youth Work Ireland has called on the Minister for Justice to address the issue as a matter of urgency.

The group also called for a system of "mutual recognition" to be put in place to ensure that when a person is vetted by one organisation, they can consent to the sharing of this fact until fresh vetting takes place.

"The original idea of Garda vetting was to ensure better systems and protection for all children and young people," Mr McLoughlin said.

"Now it has become a major barrier to many voluntary groups doing frontline work with these young people.

"The delays of often up to eight months effectively make the system null and void. For short-term work like summer projects, approval simply cannot be achieved in the timescale of the project. Whole swathes of frontline work simply cannot be covered by the current system of Garda vetting which must raise serious child protection issues."

Fine Gael’s Alan Shatter said as of August 30 he was aware of 380 vetting applications from the HSE awaiting Garda clearance, some of which were social workers and people who are waiting to complete inter-country adoption assessments.

"A number of them had been waiting for five months. Some of those who are seeking clearance to obtain employment in the HSE are the social workers who are needed in our dysfunctional child care services," he said.

"I have spoken to people who are seeking to effect adoptions but are having to wait while the HSE works through the vetting process. People who have offered to do voluntary work in sports clubs have found weeks passing into months without vetting being conducted," he said.

Gardaí anticipate that 325,000 vetting applications will be made this year.

SureSir
Newly Registered

Applied August 2006 and 4 years later I am still waitting

Post by SureSir » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi All,

I have come to Ireland on an IT Work Permit in June 2001.

Still waiting after 4 years and 2 months.

My Timeline:
Applied: August 2006 based on 5 years residency and work permit.
Acknowledgement received: October 2006.
Further below documents requested: September 2009
1. A copy of your Notice of Assessment for last yr 2008.
2. A copy of your current Tax Clearance Certificate.
3. A copy of your current Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card.
Further documents submitted: October 2009

I have been contracting as an IT consultant since 2006 though but cannot see how that will make a difference in my waiting period. All my friends who arrived with me in 2001 and worked in the IT field have their citizenship already.

At the start when the INIS phonelines were still working I have been phoning about every week and they just told me my application is still in processing, with the Garda, or with the Minister for approval or etc. etc. Every time it is some inconsistent reason.

About two months ago I moved fron Dublin to Letterkenny resulting in a change of address and informed INIS by registered post and also asked them (using registered post) what the latest status of the application is? I did not received anything back from them, even to tell me they received my communication of the change of my address.

Could anyone advise me how I can find out the real status of my application, if there is anything I can do to get an answer as soon as possible as the wait is killing me!