ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farah123
Newly Registered

Post by farah123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Yup m in pak applied on 26 mrch frm isb

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

king2be98 wrote:
sazkhan wrote:Their solicitor has advised them that their appeal won't be successful so that's why they will be submitting a new application soon. Plus they don't want to wait for 6-8 months. His wife earns way above the 18,600 income threshold so he will be applying again. InshAllah he will be successful this time. Thanks for your help anyway :)
Well we don't know the reason for your refusal, but if you're saying it will be successful on a 2nd application then why won't he win an appeal. Applications are taking nearly 6 months anyway, so you'll be spending pretty much an extra £700 for possibly a 1/2 month quicker VISA. The reason why most people go for the appeal is because every refusal point is either bullcrap (ECO doesn't know the law) or occasionally someone having a complex situation.

Not sure how or why the appeal will be unssuccessful as your lawyer states yet a 2nd application will.
The reason for refusal was that he wrote wrong spellings of his name in the application form. Forgot to put "I" in his name. So they thought that these were two different people because the spellings of his name were different on his passport. I was surprised myself that they are not appealing this but they are going with what their lawyer suggested them and that is to apply again :?

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi guys i am a solicitor and just to give you some insight it is better to apply again ie new application because appeal times tend to be alot longer typically 6-9 months depending on how busy the immigration tribunal is and then once appeal is accepted passport has to be resubmitted to get it stamped therefore a fresh application will typically take upto three mOnths in general and therefore process is alot quicker. In any case the choice is down to the client solicitors can only advise from their experience

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Under process at BHC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Mirpur

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Elisha wrote:Hi guys i am a solicitor and just to give you some insight it is better to apply again ie new application because appeal times tend to be alot longer typically 6-9 months depending on how busy the immigration tribunal is and then once appeal is accepted passport has to be resubmitted to get it stamped therefore a fresh application will typically take upto three mOnths in general and therefore process is alot quicker. In any case the choice is down to the client solicitors can only advise from their experience
What total and utter rubbish.

1. Current applications are taking 6 months anyway, almost as long as an appeal.

2. What guarantee is there that there won't be a refusal again on a different account? They often refuse on baseless grounds.

3. Appeals are cheaper, and have a much higher success rate than applications.

gaz ali
- thin ice -

Post by gaz ali » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 pm

AOA all,

i'm new to this, and have to say the information i received from previous threads has been very valuable. thank u all.

I am in a same position;

I applied for my wife's visa on 29th June 2012
Gerry website say it is at BHC since 13th July

I know I have to wait and bide my time - but when was the last batch of visa replies received? Im read that the March applicants are receiveing reply now... is that still the case or will it go by the months i.e. march ppl received then it will april?

thanks guys!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Elisha wrote:Hi guys i am a solicitor and just to give you some insight it is better to apply again ie new application because appeal times tend to be alot longer typically 6-9 months depending on how busy the immigration tribunal is and then once appeal is accepted passport has to be resubmitted to get it stamped therefore a fresh application will typically take upto three mOnths in general and therefore process is alot quicker. In any case the choice is down to the client solicitors can only advise from their experience
What total and utter rubbish.

1. Current applications are taking 6 months anyway, almost as long as an appeal.

2. What guarantee is there that there won't be a refusal again on a different account? They often refuse on baseless grounds.

3. Appeals are cheaper, and have a much higher success rate than applications.
I agree with King.

It may be overturned on review without going to an appeal hearing,which can take 3 months and cost the applicant nothing..Another thing to remember is if you make a new application, you have to comply with new rules, whereas with appeal,the old rules still apply as your application was made before new rules came into force

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Current apps are taking this long due to the immigration changes and the rush in submitting applications therefore it is not normal for them
To take this long.as long as all the documents submitted are accurate and correct there shouldnt be a problem in getting a visa and as a solicitor will be doing it its more than likely the correct documentation will be submitted.Appeals are successful alot of the time but very lengthy as the applicant will have to wait for a hearing date etc and
As we deal with applicants going through this on a daily basis we advice a fresh application would be best in this position.however again like i said it is always down to the client as to which route they want to take.Therefore just your experience of the visa process and knowledge of the appeal is very limited in scope as a result of your experience

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Under process at BHC 13/04:2012
Visa stamped 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Mirpur

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Elisha wrote:Current apps are taking this long due to the immigration changes and the rush in submitting applications therefore it is not normal for them
To take this long.as long as all the documents submitted are accurate and correct there shouldnt be a problem in getting a visa and as a solicitor will be doing it its more than likely the correct documentation will be submitted.Appeals are successful alot of the time but very lengthy as the applicant will have to wait for a hearing date etc and
As we deal with applicants going through this on a daily basis we advice a fresh application would be best in this position.however again like i said it is always down to the client as to which route they want to take.Therefore just your experience of the visa process and knowledge of the appeal is very limited in scope as a result of your experience
Elisha,

I don't think a solicitor should advise things like this, if you are one, it's questionable as to how much you actually know about the set up.

Applications have been increasing in time over the last 9 months, it's been getting longer and longer. The only way I would hint at someone applying for a fresh case was if they had money to waste, because it seems illogical to apply again if you're going to wait just 3 more months for an appeal. Appeals are taking 5 months for some people and in Syma's case 4 months, and potentially 5 months for the VISA no more and that is the same as current applications.

You don't even seem to realise before the hearing there is a ECM Review process which is often when decisions are overturned (I know of 5/6 people who've had this done on this site alone).

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope all are doing well, feeling a little nervous after hearing about the awful refusal on the earlier posts. I had a couple of questions, and would be delighted if someone can shed some light on them. Guys i would really appreciate your input. This means ALOT to us.

Been married and living together for over 6 years outside the UK in pak, with our kids who are also british/pakistani, applied on 03/07/2012 for a spouse visa for myself.

We provided ample of proof in the form of pictures, nikah nama (urdu/english), funds ($40K) savings (statement), TB test and a Toefl test i had taken back in 1996.

Now the question is have all here on the forum taken the A1 test and submitted it along with the application those who do not hold a Masters degree, because I dont hold a masters degree and did not take the test.

My understanding after having read through the application form especially where it says "Explain why you might be exempt from this requirement" I had put down four reasons. 1. US Highschool (copy attached), 2. Toefl taken back in 1996 (copy attached). 3. Cisco study and certifications I have achieved, 4. Over 9 years of Project Management and extensive Call Center Management work experience, for 3 US mutlinational giants. ( US Accent Trainer over 3 years )

Do you think I have anything to worry about as far as the English requirement issue goes? And not having taken the test effecting my application? now if they had a doubt would it not be wise for them to give me a call and check? We at home unfortunately all only speak English at home due to my wife being British. Have spent my entire life speaking the language, had I known I had to take the test, would have done so, but the Gerry's guy at the counter said" Its all good", just found out about it yesterday going through the forums.....shiiiikes....goose bumps!!

Also to add to this we do not have any accommodation of our own in the Uk since we have lived outside the UK and are supposed to be moving back hence did not provide any documents for that. But mentioned the address for the close relatives we would be staying with for a couple of weeks initially...if someone could put their two cents for this? if you recall a similar situation any other applicant was in and what happened to thier application?

A little worried guys, if someone can make my day!

We are currently all stressed out because of the waiting....its taken a toll on the kids, since we need to put them in school in the UK this term...have wrapped up quite alot for it...all packed and waiting since 6 months now...life seems to have stopped. We are like literally hanging in mid air. My wife has almost gone bezerk...she had quit her job a month ago, since she could not falsely commit to her employer for another 1 year contract...and as you all know, no one hires you for a month or two.

112 days and running...

Best Wishes to all and a happy Eid to All

May Allah help us all...Ameen

munchies27

salaam all

Post by munchies27 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm

salaam everyone,

my hubby visited gerrys today in Lahore and after a 1 n a half wait he finally got to someone. the guy said to him your case was submitted ages ago (duhh like we didnt already know). he tracked his ref no and said your case is still being dealt with in Islamabad. he then called the manager to speak with my hubby. the manager said to him that there is a delay with applications coming back from Islamabad. he ofcourse appologised and said ur likely to hear in a week or two. he told my hubby that a delivery of docs were due to come today and said to my hubby wen ur status has been updated and/or u recieve a text to say RFC, then come back in.
So seems like maybe we will have some luck next week Insha'Allah.

My hubby just went in to check for any update.
he said there was so much rush there and so many people are in exactly same situation as us.

Now knowing that a delivery came in, we have abit of hope... and yes it seems like the docs are coming in batches

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 pm

twonations wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope all are doing well, feeling a little nervous after hearing about the awful refusal on the earlier posts. I had a couple of questions, and would be delighted if someone can shed some light on them. Guys i would really appreciate your input. This means ALOT to us.

Been married and living together for over 6 years outside the UK in pak, with our kids who are also british/pakistani, applied on 03/07/2012 for a spouse visa for myself.

We provided ample of proof in the form of pictures, nikah nama (urdu/english), funds ($40K) savings (statement), TB test and a Toefl test i had taken back in 1996.

Now the question is have all here on the forum taken the A1 test and submitted it along with the application those who do not hold a Masters degree, because I dont hold a masters degree and did not take the test.

My understanding after having read through the application form especially where it says "Explain why you might be exempt from this requirement" I had put down four reasons. 1. US Highschool (copy attached), 2. Toefl taken back in 1996 (copy attached). 3. Cisco study and certifications I have achieved, 4. Over 9 years of Project Management and extensive Call Center Management work experience, for 3 US mutlinational giants. ( US Accent Trainer over 3 years )

Do you think I have anything to worry about as far as the English requirement issue goes? And not having taken the test effecting my application? now if they had a doubt would it not be wise for them to give me a call and check? We at home unfortunately all only speak English at home due to my wife being British. Have spent my entire life speaking the language, had I known I had to take the test, would have done so, but the Gerry's guy at the counter said" Its all good", just found out about it yesterday going through the forums.....shiiiikes....goose bumps!!

Also to add to this we do not have any accommodation of our own in the Uk since we have lived outside the UK and are supposed to be moving back hence did not provide any documents for that. But mentioned the address for the close relatives we would be staying with for a couple of weeks initially...if someone could put their two cents for this? if you recall a similar situation any other applicant was in and what happened to thier application?

We are currently all stressed out because of the waiting....its taken a toll on the kids, since we need to put them in school in the UK this term...have wrapped up quite alot for it...all packed and waiting since 6 months now...life seems to have stopped. We are like literally hanging in mid air. My wife has almost gone bezerk...she had quit her job a month ago, since she could not falsely commit to her employer for another 1 year contract...and as you all know, no one hires you for a month or two.

112 days and running...

Just wanted to say about the a1 English test that even on the ukba website it says you must have this .. As in ur case am not really sure bcos u say uv attached other Certs .. So not really sure .. As of the accommodation am sure u need to show them that u or ur uncle have space to keep u all.. In my case I live with my cussin who has 4 bed rooms .. And one of which is mine .. I did speak to my friend who is a solicitor of imigration n he sed the main things that the imigration look at to give a visa is

1 accomendation
2 if u can Surport her - that £120 a week (uk) for both of u plus ur council tax and rent ...
3 u will not relay on the state / benifits for Surport ..

This is what he told me .. But am still waiting only Allah know what's going to happen .. May he give all of us subar and make us all faithful to him..

Eid not tomorrow here in uk !! Alhamdulilah got one more day of Ramadan Ul Mubarak .. Make Dua for all inshallah ... Wasallamz

Applied 19/03/12 for mrs
Under process at bhc 02/4/12
99 days today (excluding holidays)
She recv a letter today apologising saying there is high number of applications and they r will complete hers as soon as they can ..The funny thing is the letter was dated 9/8/12 n it's 18/8/12 !!!.. Just keep faith in Allah n make Dua ...

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:02 am

S.dawood49 wrote:
twonations wrote:Hi everyone,

112 days and running...

Just wanted to say about the a1 English test that even on the ukba website it says you must have this .. As in ur case am not really sure bcos u say uv attached other Certs .. So not really sure .. As of the accommodation am sure u need to show them that u or ur uncle have space to keep u all.. In my case I live with my cussin who has 4 bed rooms .. And one of which is mine .. I did speak to my friend who is a solicitor of imigration n he sed the main things that the imigration look at to give a visa is

1 accomendation
2 if u can Surport her - that £120 a week (uk) for both of u plus ur council tax and rent ...
3 u will not relay on the state / benifits for Surport ..

This is what he told me .. But am still waiting only Allah know what's going to happen .. May he give all of us subar and make us all faithful to him..

Eid not tomorrow here in uk !! Alhamdulilah got one more day of Ramadan Ul Mubarak .. Make Dua for all inshallah ... Wasallamz

Applied 19/03/12 for mrs
Under process at bhc 02/4/12
99 days today (excluding holidays)
She recv a letter today apologising saying there is high number of applications and they r will complete hers as soon as they can ..The funny thing is the letter was dated 9/8/12 n it's 18/8/12 !!!.. Just keep faith in Allah n make Dua ...
Brother. I appreciate the info, but acommodation arrangements cannot be expected from a couple which is overseas and returning to settle, also our funds should be sufficient?

Thanks again and May Allah SWT grant us all relief and happiness Inshallah.

AMEEN

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 am

Munchies27,

Thats great news apart from the soup that i find myself in right now, anyhow a little ray of hope for us all, seems the batches hunch is true after all, by the way I applied on 7th and you on 19th...looks like we are almost there inshallah.

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Post by S.dawood49 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 am

Tow nations..
Ok sorry bout that then I didn't know .... Just was saying Wat my mate said to me ... Am just a bit confussed .. How come it's only the applications that have app in march that r having this problem ?... I mean look at April for example how come they r getting replys n may ??.... If they say we got cort up in the rush (march applications) then how come April n so on didn't !??.. Just a bit confusing ...

Applied 19/03/12 karachi
Under process 02/04/12
100 days!!..today (excluding holidays)
Still waiting ... But sure will hear soon ... Inshallah

1nad321
Newly Registered

Post by 1nad321 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Gerrys closed for two days. monday and tuesday
that means no1 will hear any news beginning of the week?

ali1122
Newly Registered

letter received

Post by ali1122 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:57 pm

farah123 wrote:Yes rcvd the same letter brother just pray that the answer is atleast positive after this long wait really scared ryt now dnt want to go into appeal :(
i recvd the same letter as well,
i agree its a positive sign cuz it indicates that our application is proper and clean (having no errors)

Hope we all (march applicants) will get gud b4 in couple of weeks InshAllah

ali1122
Newly Registered

Settlement visa (fiancé)

Post by ali1122 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 pm

guys why here ppl are still saying that they going to complete all applications in 29 weeks,

applicants like me who are getting letters from Embassy there they have clearly mentioned in them that all applications will be done with in 24 weeks,

stay positive my all brother and sisters InshAllah soon we ill hear good news with in couple of weeks.

Application submitted isd
Date : 26/03/2012
forwarded : 26/03/2012
under process at BHC : 10/04/2012
Letter Received from embassy : 17/08/2012 (dated : 10/08/2012)
RFC : ......
Collection : ......
Visa : Granted InshAllah :)

ali1122
Newly Registered

Post by ali1122 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm

farah123 wrote:Yes rcvd the same letter brother just pray that the answer is atleast positive after this long wait really scared ryt now dnt want to go into appeal :(
i recvd the same letter as well,
i agree its a positive sign cuz it indicates that our application is proper and clean (having no errors)

Hope we all (march applicants) will get gud news in couple of weeks InshAllah

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 pm

how come applicants of april and may are getting replies and not march ones.......i dont believe that ukba dont have a system that tells them this many applicants remaining and their decision time is near........I feel sorry for march applicants and i have no hope that i (4 july) applicant will hear any thing near oct :( but u never know....So i guess we should sit tight and pray for each other..

farah123
Newly Registered

Post by farah123 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46 am

I think letter is sent to almost everyone dznt depend on whethr application is error proof or not but let's just pray and hope we get positive verdict inshAllah

ali1122
Newly Registered

Post by ali1122 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 am

farah123 wrote:I think letter is sent to almost everyone dznt depend on whethr application is error proof or not but let's just pray and hope we get positive verdict inshAllah
wel i dont think agree with you cuz i knw few ppl they applied b4 me and they havnt get any letter !

yeah agree hope for best !

faridullah
Newly Registered

Post by faridullah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 am

my question Is why it is not changing in online tracking ? I am all ways checking online tracking Which is say forward to OC Islamabad however mostly application it take 14 days in Islamabad OC to be forwarded to BHC and my wife documents are in OC islamabad since 13 weeks. So please would you let me know when my wife documents are going to be forwarded to BHC or British embassy as it took too long time then normal application.
i will be highly thank full to you.

faridullah
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement visa (fiancé)

Post by faridullah » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:08 am

ali1122 wrote:guys why here ppl are still saying that they going to complete all applications in 29 weeks,

applicants like me who are getting letters from Embassy there they have clearly mentioned in them that all applications will be done with in 24 weeks,

stay positive my all brother and sisters InshAllah soon we ill hear good news with in couple of weeks.

Application submitted isd
Date : 26/03/2012
forwarded : 26/03/2012
under process at BHC : 10/04/2012
Letter Received from embassy : 17/08/2012 (dated : 10/08/2012
RFC : ......
Collection : ......
Visa : Granted InshAllah :)

my question Is why it is not changing in online tracking ? I am all ways checking online tracking Which is say forward to OC Islamabad however mostly application it take 14 days in Islamabad OC to be forwarded to BHC and my wife documents are in OC islamabad since 13 weeks. So please would you let me know when my wife documents are going to be forwarded to BHC or British embassy as it took too long time then normal application.

samiyla
Newly Registered

may applications

Post by samiyla » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:06 am

salaam and eid mubarak to all,

any 1 got reply who applied in may????

could you let me know.

thank you

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:22 am

My status hasnt changed from sent to islmabad OC either but gerrys people and immigration consultant said it happens some times but application is under process and wont have any affect on timeline the status will now directly change to RFC so dont worry its fine!!!

@ Samilya i guess if you go back 3-4 pages back there is one application from may who got visa.......so i am gussing people from may are geting replies...