ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Restricted COS decisions for August 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vsing012
Newly Registered

Post by vsing012 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi Friends,

Those who are waiting for RCOS decision. Have you got any updates from Home office?

I am still waiting for my RCOS decision updates .

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:31 pm

vsing012 wrote:Hi Friends,

Those who are waiting for RCOS decision. Have you got any updates from Home office?

I am still waiting for my RCOS decision updates .
No updates yet for me too.

PMConsult
Newly Registered

Post by PMConsult » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:32 pm

I believe those who applied through a 3rd party, i.e. PWC, will hear back from Home Office next week.
Anybody else has the same or different info?

Thanks!

MagicLuke
Newly Registered

Post by MagicLuke » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:03 am

Still waiting for updates from my NHS employer at 38 points. I wonder why its taking this long :(

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:42 pm

I heard and received my RCOS. Delay was on the side of my employer it seems, not the Home Office

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:25 pm

confusedm wrote:I heard and received my RCOS. Delay was on the side of my employer it seems, not the Home Office
congratss!!! I am wondering how the employer could delay getting the rcos. Isn't that they just need to go to the website and check it online?

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:39 am

I think the delay was just on them getting back to me. Big company!

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:17 am

Hi Friends,

Is there anyone still waiting for RCOS decision? Or is it just me?
Does anyone have any update?

Thanks,
Agni

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Can anyone plz let me know when we apply for tier 2 do we need to pay for application fee plus nhs surcharge in single transaction or seperate transactions ?

didi_tier2
Newly Registered

Post by didi_tier2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:22 pm

fahadfaiz wrote:Can anyone plz let me know when we apply for tier 2 do we need to pay for application fee plus nhs surcharge in single transaction or seperate transactions ?
Two different transactions. My application has been forwarded to the UKVI in my country (Brazil) - anyone else on the same boat? Constantly waiting and waiting for things, the uncertainty on this process is so ridiculous. I've been told I won't know if my visa was granted until my passport actually gets here with it or without it.....REALLY? After everything we've been through....

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:28 pm

didi_tier2 wrote:
fahadfaiz wrote:Can anyone plz let me know when we apply for tier 2 do we need to pay for application fee plus nhs surcharge in single transaction or seperate transactions ?
Two different transactions. My application has been forwarded to the UKVI in my country (Brazil) - anyone else on the same boat? Constantly waiting and waiting for things, the uncertainty on this process is so ridiculous. I've been told I won't know if my visa was granted until my passport actually gets here with it or without it.....REALLY? After everything we've been through....
When did you apply ? I saw a news where it said that from 1st june u can pay your nhs fee at part of application. Previously you had to go to a seperate website and pay only nhs and get a ref number to mention in application. Now I am confused because my bank has a limit of $2000 per single transaction and my application fee plus nhs is $3500. So do we need to pay $3500 in one single transaction or we can pay in two ?
Secondly yes you will not know until your passport comes back whether you got visa or not. Good luck. Hopefully it will be granted soon normally they take 1 month to process

didi_tier2
Newly Registered

Post by didi_tier2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:35 pm

fahadfaiz wrote:
didi_tier2 wrote:
When did you apply ? I saw a news where it said that from 1st june u can pay your nhs fee at part of application. Previously you had to go to a seperate website and pay only nhs and get a ref number to mention in application. Now I am confused because my bank has a limit of $2000 per single transaction and my application fee plus nhs is $3500. So do we need to pay $3500 in one single transaction or we can pay in two ?
Secondly yes you will not know until your passport comes back whether you got visa or not. Good luck. Hopefully it will be granted soon normally they take 1 month to process

They're two separate transactions, don't worry - you will pay the health surcharge fee in one on the same website (visa4uk) where we fill out our application, etc and the other one is processed by VSF which is the external website. When you finish paying for the application fee it sends you back to the Visa4uk website and it's 'green'.

Thanks, mate. My problem is that my employer put down September 1st as my start date and I definitely won't be in the UK to start then on this pace. And because of that, I said 29 August for 'planned travel date' cuz I thought I had to be there by the 1st since that's the date my employer put down.
Sigh
Good luck to you too! x

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Two different transactions. My application has been forwarded to the UKVI in my country (Brazil) - anyone else on the same boat? Constantly waiting and waiting for things, the uncertainty on this process is so ridiculous. I've been told I won't know if my visa was granted until my passport actually gets here with it or without it.....REALLY? After everything we've been through....[/quote]

Secondly yes you will not know until your passport comes back whether you got visa or not. Good luck. Hopefully it will be granted soon normally they take 1 month to process[/quote]

They're two separate transactions, don't worry - you will pay the health surcharge fee in one on the same website (visa4uk) where we fill out our application, etc and the other one is processed by VSF which is the external website. When you finish paying for the application fee it sends you back to the Visa4uk website and it's 'green'.

Thanks, mate. My problem is that my employer put down September 1st as my start date and I definitely won't be in the UK to start then on this pace. And because of that, I said 29 August for 'planned travel date' cuz I thought I had to be there by the 1st since that's the date my employer put down.
Sigh
Good luck to you too! x[/quote]

Mine is same mate. My start date as mentioned is 1st September and I ll be making application in next few days. It doesn't matter. Last time when I applied visa tier 2 in 2011 my start date was 1 st october but they took long time to process application and issued my visa which was valid from 28th november.

PMConsult
Newly Registered

Post by PMConsult » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:08 am

awesomeagni wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks,
Agni

I am in the same boat, have you heard back?

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:21 am

PMConsult wrote:

Thanks,
Agni

Yes.. I have received my RCOS yesterday night after mailing the concerned third party and asking for the status on RCOS.
Hope you get yours soon too.

I have been following this forum since my RCOS got rejected in the month of June and July. I must admit the posts here are very informative and have been very helpful.

I thank you all for all the information you shared, congrats to those who have got the RCOS and I am pretty sure that the ones who are waiting for their RCOS will get theirs soon too.

Thanks,
Agni

PMConsult
Newly Registered

Post by PMConsult » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 am

awesomeagni wrote:
PMConsult wrote:

Thanks,
Agni

Yes.. I have received my RCOS yesterday night after mailing the concerned third party and asking for the status on RCOS.
Hope you get yours soon too.

I have been following this forum since my RCOS got rejected in the month of June and July. I must admit the posts here are very informative and have been very helpful.

I thank you all for all the information you shared, congrats to those who have got the RCOS and I am pretty sure that the ones who are waiting for their RCOS will get theirs soon too.

Thanks,
Agni
Congrats, well done!

I've been thinking on following up but don't want to seem pushy...fingers crossed.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:28 am

Thanks PMConsult.. All the best..

ff88

Post by ff88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Anyone who has applied for tier 2. Can you please let me know if its mandatory to attach offer of employment and contract letter as supporting documents or rcos number is enough ?

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:45 am

fahadfaiz wrote:Anyone who has applied for tier 2. Can you please let me know if its mandatory to attach offer of employment and contract letter as supporting documents or rcos number is enough ?
Hi fahadfaiz,

May I know what documents you are submitting along with the application?

Thanks,
Agni

ff88

Post by ff88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am

awesomeagni wrote:
fahadfaiz wrote:Anyone who has applied for tier 2. Can you please let me know if its mandatory to attach offer of employment and contract letter as supporting documents or rcos number is enough ?
Hi fahadfaiz,

May I know what documents you are submitting along with the application?

Thanks,
Agni
Hi Agni,

I am submitting degree documents for English language points only.Maintenance certified by sponsor and rest details should be on rcos certificate number.

Regards

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:01 am

I'm from one of the countries that are required to take the tuberculosis test. However, I've been living in the U.S. for the past 3 years, I'm just going back to my home country to apply for the UK visa. Does anyone know if I have to provide any evidence to show that I lived in the U.S. For 3 years, or just need to state that I lived there, no evidence needed?

Many thanks,

ff88

Post by ff88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:32 am

Ln1124 wrote:I'm from one of the countries that are required to take the tuberculosis test. However, I've been living in the U.S. for the past 3 years, I'm just going back to my home country to apply for the UK visa. Does anyone know if I have to provide any evidence to show that I lived in the U.S. For 3 years, or just need to state that I lived there, no evidence needed?

Many thanks,
If your usa visa is on your passport then they ll see it themselves. If no visa on passport then it's better to include a copy of your resident permit card of usa.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:48 am

Hi fahadfaiz,

In the Appendix 5, it is stated that "Please ensure you also complete the main Personal Details form". Can you tell me which form it is referring to?

Thanks,
Agni

ff88

Post by ff88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 am

awesomeagni wrote:Hi fahadfaiz,

In the Appendix 5, it is stated that "Please ensure you also complete the main Personal Details form". Can you tell me which form it is referring to?

Thanks,
Agni
Which country you are applying from ? If you are applying from outside UK then in most of the countries now you must apply online. Personal form is part of visa paper form where you put your personal details like name/passport details/addresses etc.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:09 am

fahadfaiz wrote:
awesomeagni wrote:Hi fahadfaiz,

Thanks,
Agni
Which country you are applying from ? If you are applying from outside UK then in most of the countries now you must apply online. Personal form is part of visa paper form where you put your personal details like name/passport details/addresses etc.
Thanks for your response fahadfaiz.

I will be applying from India. I did a check and found out that VAF9 (personal details form) is equivalent to the online visa application form, which I have already filled.
So I think I have to take a print out of the online visa application form (once I fill and submit it online) and the Appendix 5.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Agni