ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yes_its_m3
Newly Registered

Post by yes_its_m3 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:51 am

I had a slightly different scenario then you all….I actually made my application 4 and half years back. Few months back, I realised it was made to wrong authority and for a wrong person..lol I know few of us might find this funny but I guess I don’t lie and it did hurt me at that instance.

Pity for all of you who can’t wait for 60 days, especially the one with 7 weeks waiting list and still getting impatient lol

So make sure you all submit your application to right authority for your own spouse (don’t believe if someone says he/she is urs unless u got copy of “Nikahâ€

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:17 pm

[quote="yes_its_m3"]I had a slightly different scenario then you all….I actually made my application 4 and half years back. Few months back, I realised it was made to wrong authority and for a wrong person..lol I know few of us might find this funny but I guess I don’t lie and it did hurt me at that instance.

Pity for all of you who can’t wait for 60 days, especially the one with 7 weeks waiting list and still getting impatient lol

So make sure you all submit your application to right authority for your own spouse (don’t believe if someone says he/she is urs unless u got copy of “Nikahâ€

yes_its_m3
Newly Registered

Post by yes_its_m3 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:23 pm

susy1 wrote: 4.5 years ago?!!?!?!? gosh, well i hope your application is successful and gets sorted out real quick along with the rest of us. my husbands form was filled out "nicely" and had all of the necessary docs but he still got refused. i hope he does get the visa realy really reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealluy quickly, but i suppose whats going to happen is going to happen . . .
I have withdrawn myself from my old application. It was certainly filed for a wrong person. So wish me for my new application now. But i am sure it will get sorted within couple of weeks.

I think recently they have changed some legislation on English requirement for all settlement cases.

Just reassure yourself that your documents are valid. Fedex people in Pakistan also help you out in that.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 pm

yes_its_m3 wrote:
susy1 wrote: 4.5 years ago?!!?!?!? gosh, well i hope your application is successful and gets sorted out real quick along with the rest of us. my husbands form was filled out "nicely" and had all of the necessary docs but he still got refused. i hope he does get the visa realy really reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealluy quickly, but i suppose whats going to happen is going to happen . . .
I have withdrawn myself from my old application. It was certainly filed for a wrong person. So wish me for my new application now. But i am sure it will get sorted within couple of weeks.

I think recently they have changed some legislation on English requirement for all settlement cases.

Just reassure yourself that your documents are valid. Fedex people in Pakistan also help you out in that.
all my docs were valid, but the ECO said we did not provide a nika nama (marriage cert) which we did, they returned the nika nama to us so how can they say they didnt receive it??

anyways, good luck with your application, hope its successful - keep us updated :-)

yes_its_m3
Newly Registered

Post by yes_its_m3 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:55 pm

That is so naive. How cud they say that.

Are you sure u have submitted a translated (english) and attested copy of your nikkah? Because if your nikah nama is in urdu they wont count it.

I did say in my earlier post that they do look for "nikah Nama"

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 pm

yes_its_m3 wrote:That is so naive. How cud they say that.

Are you sure u have submitted a translated (english) and attested copy of your nikkah? Because if your nikah nama is in urdu they wont count it.

I did say in my earlier post that they do look for "nikah Nama"
yes im very very very sure that we provided an original nika nama which was written in urdu, and ones translated into english aswell. both urdu and english ones were attested, certified and notarised by the courts. these r the crucial parts of the application so we definately made sure they were there. we also gave them photocopies of them too. they gave these docs back to my husband when he went to collect his passport.
it doesnt make sense,

yes_its_m3
Newly Registered

Post by yes_its_m3 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:30 pm

It amazes me to see the sort of recruits British govt has in civil departments. But there is a good news for you. If you file an appeal against this decision, you will get the decision in your favour inshAllah

I will pray for you that you two meet up soon. Have a faith in Allah and rest assured that whatever happens it happens for good.
Last edited by yes_its_m3 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:42 pm

yes_its_m3 wrote:It amazes me to see the sort of recruits British govt has in civil departments. But there is good news for you. If you file an appeal against this decision, you will get the decision in your favour.

I will pray for you that you two meet up soon. Have a faith in Allah and rest assured that whatever happens it happens for good.
Thank you very much,

you're absolutely right, what ever happens happens for the best, even though we may not see it that way, i also pray you too and for everyone else out there,

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Sallam All

Well thats abit more re-assurance for me as i not ony sumitted a Nikkah-Nama, but also an English Mariage certificate...i dont suppose they can argue against that.

BUt im still not getting my hopes until, my wife gets her passport back, with that all woderfull stamp!!!!!!!!!! THE VISAAA!

Allah Hafiz

macdaddy
Newly Registered

Post by macdaddy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 pm

I applied on the 6th May and have still not heard anything. Its now been nearly 10 weeks (48 working days). Recently most of the people i knw have had there applications replied to in about 7-10 weeks. So hopefully i will hear soon.

weiser

Post by weiser » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi All

Just an update on situation. I applied a visa for my wife on the 6 May. received a reply afew days ago and she got refused on the basis that I did not supply a marriage certificate and that the fact there was no proof I was in the country at the time. I am angry at this as I supplied a marriage certificate from the magistrate (we got married in court) and also supplied my visa entry and exit from Pakistan, so do not really understand how they could have refused. Anyhow, I am appealing and have supplied my ticket from the time I travelled in Dec 2007 and also another marrige certificate from a priest to state we did actually get married.

Lets see what happens this time round

yes_its_m3
Newly Registered

Post by yes_its_m3 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:14 pm

You will all get reply sooner or later inshAllah. Pray for desired outcome.

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:24 am

Sallam All

I was just on the gerry's website and found some good information for everyone on here:

Q: What must be submitted with my Visa Application Form and supporting documents?
A: One photograph, copy of NADRA N.I.C, passport and one photocopy of passport

Q: How can I pay my visa fee?
A: You can pay by Demand Draft or cash at the bank counter in the Visa Application Centres.

Q: When can I submit my application?
A: The Visa Application Centres are open for submissions Monday to Friday 08.00 - 13.00

Q: How long will it take to process my application?
A: The British High Commission, Islamabad, is currently processing all applications within 5 working days. However if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 15 working days. Some applications may require additional processing time if further enquiries need to be made, for example if there is a need to refer to the Home Office in the UK. In all such cases applicants will be advised that their application falls into this category.

Q: Do I have to submit my application in person?
A: Yes, all applicants over the age of 5 years must attend a VAC to submit their applications and for Biometric enrolment.

Q: Where are all the applications processed? Islamabad or Karachi?
A: All applications are processed by the British High Commission, Islamabad.

Q: If I am called for an interview, where will it be?
A: All interviews take place at the British High Commission, Islamabad.

Q: What do I need to collect my passport?
A: You need to bring your original receipt and your NADRA NIC.

Hope it puts some peoples minds to rest

Allah Hafiz

susy1

Post by susy1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:45 am

weiser wrote:Hi All

Just an update on situation. I applied a visa for my wife on the 6 May. received a reply afew days ago and she got refused on the basis that I did not supply a marriage certificate and that the fact there was no proof I was in the country at the time. I am angry at this as I supplied a marriage certificate from the magistrate (we got married in court) and also supplied my visa entry and exit from Pakistan, so do not really understand how they could have refused. Anyhow, I am appealing and have supplied my ticket from the time I travelled in Dec 2007 and also another marrige certificate from a priest to state we did actually get married.

thats exactly what they said to us!!! they're mad, they cant read!!!
i hope they do read the docs this time and give our partners their visas reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally soon!!

absolute madness!!

shameem

Post by shameem » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Salaam every1. When my hubby applied he was told to contact the VAC after 20 odd days if he aint heard anything....so thats wot he did. He decided to go down there himself to see wots happening with the application. He was told that it cud take up 2 60 days and that he should keep on checking on the internet and to keep on phoning too!!! So it was abit of a wasted journey. It would have been nice to know where abouts the application process is but the guys at VAC couldnt tell him more. Surprise surprise... I just hope that his passport has been stamped and that its on its way back to the VAC. One can only hope after all this waiting we all get a positive and good response. Best not to let it stress u out. Did anyone figure out wot Islamabad OC meant? :roll:

yes_its_m3
Newly Registered

Post by yes_its_m3 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:13 pm

Well I guess OC stands for overseas consulate. But dont take me for it.

I wonder what happen to those couple who don’t get visa? I know many people use this “Husband/Wifeâ€

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:25 am

I agreee...

The Mirpuris r known for that kind of thing........how do u think so many of them got over heree

no offence ofcourse to anyone in particular jus a general outlook

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:26 am

I agreee...

The Mirpuris r known for that kind of thing........how do u think so many of them got over heree

no offence ofcourse to anyone in particular jus a general outlook

susy1

Post by susy1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:12 pm

hi weiser,

any news?

Hanu
Newly Registered

Post by Hanu » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm

susy1 wrote:

thats exactly what they said to us!!! they're mad, they cant read!!!
i hope they do read the docs this time and give our partners their visas reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally soon!!

absolute madness!![/quote

same happen with me i think British High Commission islambad need the urdu Nikah Nama then translated in English the urdu one is registered in UNION COUNCIL where u belong instead of appeal i advice to resubmitt ur application cuz appeal took so long

weiser

Post by weiser » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:47 pm

We will be appealing this week from Pakistan. I have sent my tickets and a letter asking why the visa was declines. Strange thing is when they returned my application my copies of my passport were missing, so not sure what happened there, no one to ask either directly. I have sent another copy of my passport etc.

The marriage certificate is in english as it was issued by the magistrate in the court. We have decided to also get a religious marriage certificate and send that in as well.

Its all very annoying and you cannot raise your concerns directly

The other option was to appeal from here in the UK but can cost £1000 which I do not have right now

Hanu
Newly Registered

Post by Hanu » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:45 am

weiser wrote:We will be appealing this week from Pakistan. I have sent my tickets and a letter asking why the visa was declines. Strange thing is when they returned my application my copies of my passport were missing, so not sure what happened there, no one to ask either directly. I have sent another copy of my passport etc.

The marriage certificate is in english as it was issued by the magistrate in the court. We have decided to also get a religious marriage certificate and send that in as well.

Its all very annoying and you cannot raise your concerns directly

The other option was to appeal from here in the UK but can cost £1000 which I do not have right now
i exactly understand your feelings but remember on ur appeal they reconsider the decision the documents you provide at that time, i advice u to consult AIS in lahore rather then appeal you should resubmitt ur new application mostly people resubmitt there new application with the new reqiured document just to reduce time I know its 70 000 RS again but sought proper advice fromm Legal Experts

weiser

Post by weiser » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Who is the AIS? I have decided to just appeal for now and hope everything turns out ok if it does not then I shall resubmit or appeal from the UK.

Does anyone know any good lawyers in Karachi? Someone who understand the pakistan & British system

susy1

Post by susy1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:25 pm

weiser wrote:Who is the AIS? I have decided to just appeal for now and hope everything turns out ok if it does not then I shall resubmit or appeal from the UK.

Does anyone know any good lawyers in Karachi? Someone who understand the pakistan & British system
good luck Weiser, i hope it goes well.

I called the AIT to ask whether they had recd any docs from BHC in ISB, they said they are only just got to processing appeals that were submitted on 19th june due to a back log.

Hanu
Newly Registered

Post by Hanu » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:49 am

weiser wrote:Who is the AIS? I have decided to just appeal for now and hope everything turns out ok if it does not then I shall resubmit or appeal from the UK.

Sorry its IAS not AIS (Immigration Advisory Service) The Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) is the UK’s largest charity providing representation and advice in immigration and asylum law. They are independent from the Government. They only have three 3 offices in Pakistan Kharchi Lahore and Mirpur

Khi Contact is : 50 C, Block 6, P.E.C.H.S Main Nursary Karachi Pakistan
Tel: 00 92 21 4302518-20
Fax: 00 92 21 4302521

email: karachi@iasuk.org

Opening hours: 10am to 6pm, Monday - Saturday

Please let me as well what they advice you