ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by hrak1978 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I had 5 years RC from 2011 to 2016 sticker on passport not a card. Also my passport is with HO since 2016. I can get a new passport from my embassy but it will take at least 2 months. I confirmed with the embassy.

But i gathered all the documents. All the utility bills, council tax bill paid by EU national, i got tenancy agreement which says my dad is the main tenant. I am living with him as I am his son. Birth certificate. Also got all the copies of my passport, RC copy.

Please advise after checking above how should i proceed as i am ready to apply. I got advise as i should do it online not through app.

What else? My expired passport copy will help to apply?

Please advise all.

Will be greatly thankful.

With best regards to all.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

MALCOM2
United Kingdom

Post by MALCOM2 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 pm

I have got a BRC 5 years under eu before applying for settled status.i did send it to them and the send it back to me .i have got my ILR settled status by email. My question is will I get a new BRC card 10 years ILR. Can anyone help me with this question plse .thansk

KarlieJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by KarlieJ » Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Hi Guys,

This is my timeline.

Online application :(Damn it We had to borrow my friend’s android’s phone): 4th April
Coa: 4th April almost immediately after the application
Decision : Nothing yet.

I have rang them twice but they all just say it’s still in turn process.

I have been living in the UK For almost 9 years now. First 2 years as a students, then 2 years of psw (which no longer exist) and then got a job which sponsored work visa. So another 4 years of Tier 2 work visa . I got married in 2018 to my EU husband and I switched to EEA family residence permit. (My Tier 2 expired as my employer lost its sponsorship license just after I got married )

I have chosen to apply for settled status coz initially I thought I only need to satisfy being in the UK for more than 5 years. I guess this is the reason why it’s delayed. I had to submit Bank statement to demonstrate I’ve been in the UK tho I have been working and paying taxes in the past 6 years in the UK....

My husband, he’s an EU citizen, applied the same day as I did for pre-settled status as he’s only been in this country for almost 4 years. He got his COA in the end of April, and got pre-settled status on 25th April..

They really treat EU and non EU applications separately...

I guess I will be “informed “ to take the pre-settled status ...

Anyone who’s also in the same situation ?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:20 am

DAMAN... you are right. they will only count years after marriage under EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME so you will get pre settled status because you are married only for 1 year
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 00.19.27.png
Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 00.19.27.png (151 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 am

But you can still apply for ILR after 10 years in the UK under UK immigration category Long Residence .. of course it's expensive not free

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:22 am

Ajay8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:00 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Ajay8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:23 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi
My wife applied with Brp card
She send card on 3.4.19
Recived card 20.4.19
Since then nothing no coa nothing
We start calling them HO
And them keep telling applying with brp card is ok
So seriously why is taken them so long
Today we been told everything is ok we on stage 1 of application ???
How many stages this process has
I told them brp card soon expire so hopefully we get answer they say for sure we get Hmmmmmm
Why atleast them not sending coa or any other mail
What next
Hi Sky,

Can you please remind me what is COA? I am kind of new to this. Also, in my opinion which hopefully it will make you feel better is that since they have returned the BRP card to you/wife, then it means they have verified your identity and they started processing your application (which could take round 2 to 3 weeks according to 'EU settlement scheme processing time' website).

I am guessing since your wife identify has been verified with a BRP, then the stage of which document to provide is finished and now your are in the processing application stage which I am guessing should be the final stage
Hi
Coa is mail like confirmation of application which HO send after u submit application
Which we never recived but HO said it is everything ok
Basically since we get brp card back 12 working days goone so far hmmmmm
How many more none knows

Hi again,

Yes it's been 12 working days. Which means probably you will receive the outcome of the application by the end of next week. I do not think the application will last until July...that's impossible. You will know way before that time which most probably this month
Hi I hope u right it will come next week or maybe sooner
But You know HO 🙈🙈🙈how they are
I will keep updated here so will get anything will post it

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am

Sky777 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:22 am
Ajay8 wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi Sky,

Can you please remind me what is COA? I am kind of new to this. Also, in my opinion which hopefully it will make you feel better is that since they have returned the BRP card to you/wife, then it means they have verified your identity and they started processing your application (which could take round 2 to 3 weeks according to 'EU settlement scheme processing time' website).

I am guessing since your wife identify has been verified with a BRP, then the stage of which document to provide is finished and now your are in the processing application stage which I am guessing should be the final stage
Hi
Coa is mail like confirmation of application which HO send after u submit application
How many more none knows

Hi again,

Yes it's been 12 working days. Which means probably you will receive the outcome of the application by the end of next week. I do not think the application will last until July...that's impossible. You will know way before that time which most probably this month

Hi,

Yes I hope your wife will get the new settle/pre-settle status soon. Keep us updated here for any developments in the application.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Today I called Home Office just to Check what is going on with my application

He told me at the moment he can’t see anything g wrong with my application . They are now just
Doing check with other government agencies and waiting to hear from them . What does that mean ?

I also asked processing time now for non Eu national and he told me average 2 - 4 weeks . Volume of application from non Eu is much higher then it was 1 Month ago

Bunny47
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bunny47 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 pm

1st May conversation with EU resolution centre and I was told they waiting for some checks and I'll have my decision in couple of days. And was told to give them a call over the weekend to check.

Today i Called EU resolution centre again and the guy a spoke with had clearly no idea what he was talking about.

Asked him about the update and he said application is in different building so he don't know what's going on.

The guy said a need a sponsor to support my application. He went numb for few seconds and was like I don't know when i said I have spent 6.2 years in the country as EU citizen spouse *Currently separate*.

(My application was pending for two weeks by the caseworker, this is what I was told last week. ) I guess for me to complete my 5 years on residence card even though i entered in UK 6.2 years ago on EEA FP.

So I guess not all of them know what they are talking about.

Anaaack
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Anaaack » Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi guys,

Just to be sure, what does processing time mean for those who did biometrics? When the processing time starts to count? After application, biometrics or coa?

Thanks!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 pm

after COA ....

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Hrak1978:

“My expired passport copy will help to apply? “

I am sorry it’s not a valid ID if it’s expired
Attachments
7903D57C-9D00-44AE-B0E0-69612190048E.jpeg
7903D57C-9D00-44AE-B0E0-69612190048E.jpeg (265.06 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:55 pm

@askmeplz82

Thank you but before your post i already tried at 7pm it doesnt allow me to go to the second step.

It says "expiry should be future date" so now i have to get a passport. My home country ID and passport both expired have to make ID card first then passport.

So another 2 months of waiting... :-(
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Fri May 10, 2019 2:24 am

Ajay8 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:49 am
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:
Sky777 wrote:

Hi
How many more none knows

Hi again,

Hi,

Yes I hope your wife will get the new settle/pre-settle status soon. Keep us updated here for any developments in the application.
Hi BRP holders! I called EU resolution centre and they have escalated my situation because I'm about to start a new job and I have resign from my current job already, it was 2 month notice thinking it was going to be enough, but apparently it wasn't anyway... I called them and told me that since I mentioned that I hold a BRC and it was not correct, my application (and I bet yours as well) is on hold. They also confirm me that I will need to take the biometrics but they cannot confirm when yet... so in summary, our application won't progress until we are invited to take our biometrics... it's crazy specially because it the website says that we CAN apply with our BRP and because they already have our biometrics, non-sense to ask us to get them again... But, well that's the situation, if you have been waiting for a month you will still have to wait until they ask for your biometrics

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 am

danielpdo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:24 am
Ajay8 wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:

Hi again,

Hi,

Hi BRP holders! I called EU resolution centre and they have escalated my situation because I'm about to start a new job and I have resign from my current job already, it was 2 month notice thinking it was going to be enough, but apparently it wasn't anyway... I called them and told me that since I mentioned that I hold a BRC and it was not correct, my application (and I bet yours as well) is on hold. They also confirm me that I will need to take the biometrics but they cannot confirm when yet... so in summary, our application won't progress until we are invited to take our biometrics... it's crazy specially because it the website says that we CAN apply with our BRP and because they already have our biometrics, non-sense to ask us to get them again... But, well that's the situation, if you have been waiting for a month you will still have to wait until they ask for your biometrics
I don't think this is the case they don't know at all how to process our applications as BRP holders , I am a BRB holder and I have got my biometric done and everything and I am waiting for more than a month now . And I bet anyone with BRP and call them now they will escalate his/her case , surprisingly you are the third one call the resolution center this week and they escalate his case me too when I called they escalated my case this for me sounds like they don't know what to say anymore so they escalated or more convincing for me that, they have been told to tell us we will escalate your cases to make us shut up for a while till they figure out our cases or to give us a new excuse !! :? :? :?
I am sorry if I sound so pessimistic , but this is my opinion and how I feel!! :x :?

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 am

amralialla100216 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 am
danielpdo wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:
Sky777 wrote:

Hi,

I don't think this is the case they don't know at all how to process our applications as BRP holders , I am a BRB holder and I have got my biometric done and everything and I am waiting for more than a month now . And I bet anyone with BRP and call them now they will escalate his/her case , surprisingly you are the third one call the resolution center this week and they escalate his case me too when I called they escalated my case this for me sounds like they don't know what to say anymore so they escalated or more convincing for me that, they have been told to tell us we will escalate your cases to make us shut up for a while till they figure out our cases or to give us a new excuse !! :? :? :?
I am sorry if I sound so pessimistic , but this is my opinion and how I feel!! :x :?
Hope you are wrong! Cannot wait longer without a BRC ! but it seems that they don’t know what To do with us ... just hope they find out soon, because it is our right

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 am

danielpdo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 am
amralialla100216 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 am
danielpdo wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:

Hi,

Hope you are wrong! Cannot wait longer without a BRC ! but it seems that they don’t know what To do with us ... just hope they find out soon, because it is our right
Good morning
My wife is holder brp card waiting for while now 🙈any way reading post above make me worry and confused cos every time we call to HO them say not need to do Biometric etc and everything is fine we are on stage 1 on application , my wife’s brp expire soon one thing I know for sure apply with brp card is tricky for example one someone applied with Passport instead with brp and recived Coa almost immediately hmmmm but Still waiting anyway
Seriously I want this finish play with HO is so annoying

AshJK
United Kingdom

Post by AshJK » Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 pm

KarlieJ wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 pm
Hi Guys,

This is my timeline.

Online application :(Damn it We had to borrow my friend’s android’s phone): 4th April
Coa: 4th April almost immediately after the application
Decision : Nothing yet.

I have rang them twice but they all just say it’s still in turn process.

I have been living in the UK For almost 9 years now. First 2 years as a students, then 2 years of psw (which no longer exist) and then got a job which sponsored work visa. So another 4 years of Tier 2 work visa . I got married in 2018 to my EU husband and I switched to EEA family residence permit. (My Tier 2 expired as my employer lost its sponsorship license just after I got married )

I have chosen to apply for settled status coz initially I thought I only need to satisfy being in the UK for more than 5 years. I guess this is the reason why it’s delayed. I had to submit Bank statement to demonstrate I’ve been in the UK tho I have been working and paying taxes in the past 6 years in the UK....

My husband, he’s an EU citizen, applied the same day as I did for pre-settled status as he’s only been in this country for almost 4 years. He got his COA in the end of April, and got pre-settled status on 25th April..

They really treat EU and non EU applications separately...

I guess I will be “informed “ to take the pre-settled status ...

Anyone who’s also in the same situation ?
Yours is yet another unfortunate case where all the years on the Tier 2 are rendered worthless under the EU Settlement scheme. Under the scheme rules, only the period after you got married and were living with your spouse counts, and apparently you will only get pre-settled status.

Based on the experience of a couple of people on this thread , if you call up and find that the case worker has put up a note saying you will be considered only for pre-settled status, you can 'volunteer' to accept that,and you will get your status approval and BRC in hand.

The matter of how to get the other years of legal residence to count through a petition to the Secretary of state or a legal challenge is worth looking into. This calls for a change in law, and so would be a uphill battle.

Sheikh123123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sheikh123123 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 am

MALCOM2 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 pm
I have got a BRC 5 years under eu before applying for settled status.i did send it to them and the send it back to me .i have got my ILR settled status by email. My question is will I get a new BRC card 10 years ILR. Can anyone help me with this question plse .thansk
Yes u can get it report lost ur BRB. Or wait until its get expired. My suggestion keep it same u have ur status is link with ur brp card it's same thing.if u get new card its not gonna say family member of europien... And u need visa to go Europe. On old card you can go Europe with ur family

MALCOM2
United Kingdom

Post by MALCOM2 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks Cheick for you help . Next year I will be applying for citizenships.but I’m surprised why the didn’t change my BRC .

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Heloo
Today we called Again and according lady everything is ok under process take slow cos we applied with BRP card ok .
After 15 min that same lady called back and spoke with my wife
She said she talk with manager him said that’s way is taken so long cos is Brp card and I’m dual citizenship Polish and British etc but what she said is we should use paper form to apply and now them waiting for guidance how to do it ????
I said what ? it take them 5 weeks to tell me this we should use paper form I been calling every week and every person said everything is fine and under process .
So I get really upset I told her we can’t wait to long cos my wife brp card is about to expire soon so she so she goone to check with manger and put me on hold she back and said our application is ok just slow
Is on stage 2 now which is true as I called last week was stage 1( 3 stages )
But any way what I want say apply with Passport looks less complicated cos u get coa and biometric done as one of our friends done
We get nothing no COa nothing
I told her we can’t wait cos what we do when her brp card expire ???? And still no answer
If we don’t get anything from HO by end of may we will withdraw application yea
And will apply for FLR no other choice cos we can t wait so long and not get any answer
We ask for escalation our case she put note so we see . Don’t know what else we can do
Any idea ????

Waki79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Waki79 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new here & need your advice.

I applied for Eu settlement scheme via app & got my coa same day but till now still waiting for confirmation of settle status ..

3 time call resolution centre & they saying its in queue & i have to wait don't know what going on HO end they holding application over month now .. is anyone have any idea why ??

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:44 pm
Heloo
Today we called Again and according lady everything is ok under process take slow cos we applied with BRP card ok .
She said she talk with manager him said that’s way is taken so long cos is Brp card and I’m dual citizenship Polish and British etc but what she said is we should use paper form to apply and now them waiting for guidance how to do it ????
I said what ? it take them 5 weeks to tell me this we should use paper form I been calling every week and every person said everything is fine and under process .
So I get really upset I told her we can’t wait to long cos my wife brp card is about to expire soon so she so she goone to check with manger and put me on hold she back and said our application is ok just slow
But any way what I want say apply with Passport looks less complicated cos u get coa and biometric done as one of our friends done
I told her we can’t wait cos what we do when her brp card expire ???? And still no answer
And will apply for FLR no other choice cos we can t wait so long and not get any answer
We ask for escalation our case she put note so we see . Don’t know what else we can do
Any idea ????

You can only use PAPER BASED APPLICATION ... you need to call them to send PAPER BASED APPLICATION.
eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 78183.html

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:07 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:44 pm
Heloo
Any idea ????

You can only use PAPER BASED APPLICATION ... you need to call them to send PAPER BASED APPLICATION.
eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 78183.html
I can’t do it now cos do it I need start new application and withdraw this one
Which take 70 days to do it and my wife brp is sure to expire

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:00 pm

It says your application will be void because you didn’t send correct application

Anyway
Attachments
09469322-D2AC-4971-84FC-7EB736F6F73B.jpeg
09469322-D2AC-4971-84FC-7EB736F6F73B.jpeg (325.58 KiB) Viewed 2427 times