ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loky
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Ireland - First time passport applications timelines -2021

Post by loky » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:33 am

Online application received: 16/09/21
Supporting docs received, processing application, verifying documents: 01/10/21
Estimated issue date: 06/12/21

Changed to Processing application: 22/11/2021
Passport printing: 08/12/21
Dispatched via An Post: 08/12/21
Delivered: 09/12/21

Good luck to everyone! I've contacted them via chat 06/12 and have been told to keep checking the tracker.

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Online application received: 8/12/21
Supporting docs received, processing application, verifying documents: TBC
Estimated issue date: TBC

Changed to Processing application: TBC
Passport printing:TBC
Dispatched via An Post: TBC
Delivered: TBC

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:33 am

Corkythecat wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:34 pm
Patpatriot wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:32 pm
Anyone coming up on their "due date" or have gone past it? I'm at day 52 now, status bar went back from 100% on Dec 1st to 80% now, still processing application. I did get a hold of them via web chat but they could provide no information other than the application is going through entitlement checks and to keep checking the passport tracker. For those that are trying to get through via web chat, mine initially said 89 minute wait but it went pretty quick and was more like 25-30 minutes.
They got my documents on 6th October and estimated completion date is 9th December but the progress bar is staying at about 80% and has never been near 100%.
The status went from processing and verifying documents last week to now just 'processing' - I hope that means the verifying bit has been done. Maybe I'll get it done by Christmas. Will post any developments. Good luck to you.
Looking good...best of luck!

jgclancy

Angelo_2019
United States of America

Post by Angelo_2019 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:25 am

jgclancy wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:38 am

When ID's are notarized it's best to add a declaration statement . For me it was like this:
I, ( full name on ID), declare that this is a valid, true copy of my official US passport.

Usually the notary is just stamping that it is you signing Not that the ID is true & valid. They can't do that
They can notarize a statement with your signature .Which seems to be better.

Also, I sent my passport paperwork via 1st Class mail. It's in limbo now getting through customs I assume. In hind sight I would have sent it FEDEX or via USPS & paid more for the better service. Not too concerned -it'll get there
and I have a tracking number. Should only be a few months so okay

jgclancy
Thanks for the additional comments, it looks like we both pay attention to details.
For the FBR, I had added a comment "Certified as a True Copy" following the FBR instructions, worked with no questions.

Interestingly, the first notary read the instructions to sign it being a true copy and asked to see the passport as well as the drivers license.

The 2nd notary (passport) followed your model of checking my ID, didn't seem to pay much attention to checking the passport or social security card. Fortunately, she was happy to sign the passport application as a witness.

Good to see a few comments that the DFA did not try to call the witness (noted in their instructions, doesn't seem practical for US time zones unless they have serious questions).

bbtemanual
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by bbtemanual » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Are people able to get any meaningful update from online chat or call regarding application status.
All they have been saying to me is application under process.

Shaz4jazz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaz4jazz » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:57 pm

bbtemanual wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:04 pm
Are people able to get any meaningful update from online chat or call regarding application status.
They said the same to me as well and when I said to them is I can see this myself on the tracker and what the point for waiting 30 mins to contact you and told them to ask my case worker through their internal mass system she said she can not ask. And said thank you for contacting and logout from the web chat. 😡😡😡😉😉😉. Emojis are representing my feelings.

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:08 pm

bbtemanual wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:04 pm
I've web chatted twice now, both times they said the same thing "it's processing" and could give no other information regarding updated timelines. Mine's now 2 weeks overdue from the estimate, so no clue what the hold up is. Just said if there was a problem they would contact me and keep checking status. I'm not going to bother with them anymore.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am

2 weeks overdue is very unlikely for a normal application. Usually 2 or 3 days happens. Can you post your timeline? Is ur application First time adult applied from Ireland?

If it's overdue, Webchat usually says they will expedite the application and whether case worker is assigned

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:12 am

First time applicant from US, mother born in Ireland, pretty straightforward I thought, all documents received on 28SEP. Last spoke to them on Dec 8, said they could see application everything seems in order keep checking tracker, but here we are another week later. Went from processing application to verifying documents then back to processing application again. Last change was around November 11.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:46 am

That's the usual process .Same for me. That means ur documents are scanned and in security check.But God knows how long these guys take to do that. Hope U ll have it soon.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:01 am

Corkythecat wrote:
Patpatriot wrote:
Anyone coming up on their "due date" or have gone past it? I'm at day 52 now, status bar went back from 100% on Dec 1st to 80% now, still processing application. I did get a hold of them via web chat but they could provide no information other than the application is going through entitlement checks and to keep checking the passport tracker. For those that are trying to get through via web chat, mine initially said 89 minute wait but it went pretty quick and was more like 25-30 minutes.
They got my documents on 6th October and estimated completion date is 9th December but the progress bar is staying at about 80% and has never been near 100%.
The status went from processing and verifying documents last week to now just 'processing' - I hope that means the verifying bit has been done. Maybe I'll get it done by Christmas. Will post any developments. Good luck to you.
My situation is very similar to yourself. Here's my timeframe:

23/09 : Application received
11/10 : Supporting documents received. Processing and verifying.
05/12 : Status changed from processing and verifying, to just 'processing'
14/12 : Estimated issue date (today, and the status bar is still sitting at 80%)

I am perfectly satisfied that my application is being dealt with, but not fully confident that there will be any change to the status today, but I will keep you posted with any update.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:31 am

I've just used the webchat. The chap was helpful and said everything looks good and the aim is still to issue my passport today. I'm not convinced after reading other people's comments, but you never know.

Corkythecat
United Kingdom

Post by Corkythecat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:10 am

G Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:01 am
Corkythecat wrote:
Patpatriot wrote:

14/12 : Estimated issue date (today, and the status bar is still sitting at 80%)

I am perfectly satisfied that my application is being dealt with, but not fully confident that there will be any change to the status today, but I will keep you posted with any update.
We are just a few days apart in the queue. I had a webchat after the progress bar went backwards after the estimated date. Similar to others, they reassured me that there were no problem flags and that it could be printed soon, though no mention of current turnaround delay beyond the estimated date. They said the progress bar was unreliable beyond the estimated date. So I'm nearly a week over estimate now.
With the Covid situation I don't really mind and it will take as long as it takes. It definitely isn't going to be as long a wait as for the FBR (I hope :) )

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Online Application : 23/07/2021
Documents received : 29/07/2021
Estimated Date : 01-OCT-2021

Additional Documents requested: 02-OCT-2021
Additional Documents Received: 08-OCT-2021
New Estimated date : 10-DEC-2021
Passport Printing: 14-DEC-2021

After 4 months of struggle, Finally status changed to Printing just now.Had an issue with laminated Birth certificate. Sorted it out with giving an explanation and a birth affidavit from solicitor. My Journey here coming to end. Wish everyone all the best! One day you will be there..Don't worry.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:52 pm

ssireland wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:09 pm
Online Application : 23/07/2021
Documents received : 29/07/2021
Estimated Date : 01-OCT-2021

Additional Documents requested: 02-OCT-2021
Additional Documents Received: 08-OCT-2021
New Estimated date : 10-DEC-2021
Passport Printing: 14-DEC-2021

After 4 months of struggle, Finally status changed to Printing just now.Had an issue with laminated Birth certificate. Sorted it out with giving an explanation and a birth affidavit from solicitor. My Journey here coming to end. Wish everyone all the best! One day you will be there..Don't worry.
congratulations

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:10 am

Corkythecat wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:10 am
G Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:01 am
Corkythecat wrote:
Patpatriot wrote:

We are just a few days apart in the queue. I had a webchat after the progress bar went backwards after the estimated date. Similar to others, they reassured me that there were no problem flags and that it could be printed soon, though no mention of current turnaround delay beyond the estimated date. They said the progress bar was unreliable beyond the estimated date. So I'm nearly a week over estimate now.
With the Covid situation I don't really mind and it will take as long as it takes. It definitely isn't going to be as long a wait as for the FBR (I hope :) )
I just spoke to a lady on the webchat. She said the estimated due date is pretty much a guesstimate. She confirmed that everything seems to be progressing well, but my documents are in a queue awaiting verification.

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:55 pm

12/12 Application received
15/12 : Supporting documents received according to an post tracking
In passport tracking it appears they are still waiting for my additional docs. Does anyone knows how long it takes between the post delivers it and they update that in the tracker?

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Wow90 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:55 pm
12/12 Application received
15/12 : Supporting documents received according to an post tracking
In passport tracking it appears they are still waiting for my additional docs. Does anyone knows how long it takes between the post delivers it and they update that in the tracker?
It took about 2 weeks after I sent on my documents for it to appear in the tracker. I'd sent my documents from the UK

Patpatriot
United States of America

Post by Patpatriot » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Despite webchat telling me several times that everything looked good, I Just got the dreaded email that my witness could not be contacted, please print out another verification form and send back with another photo. Looks like I'm going back to the end of the queue.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:47 pm

Patpatriot wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:44 pm
Despite webchat telling me several times that everything looked good, I Just got the dreaded email that my witness could not be contacted, please print out another verification form and send back with another photo. Looks like I'm going back to the end of the queue.
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Angelo_2019 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:25 am
jgclancy wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:38 am

When ID's are notarized it's best to add a declaration statement . For me it was like this:
I, ( full name on ID), declare that this is a valid, true copy of my official US passport.

Usually the notary is just stamping that it is you signing Not that the ID is true & valid. They can't do that
They can notarize a statement with your signature .Which seems to be better.

Also, I sent my passport paperwork via 1st Class mail. It's in limbo now getting through customs I assume. In hind sight I would have sent it FEDEX or via USPS & paid more for the better service. Not too concerned -it'll get there
and I have a tracking number. Should only be a few months so okay

jgclancy
Thanks for the additional comments, it looks like we both pay attention to details.
For the FBR, I had added a comment "Certified as a True Copy" following the FBR instructions, worked with no questions.

Interestingly, the first notary read the instructions to sign it being a true copy and asked to see the passport as well as the drivers license.

The 2nd notary (passport) followed your model of checking my ID, didn't seem to pay much attention to checking the passport or social security card. Fortunately, she was happy to sign the passport application as a witness.

Good to see a few comments that the DFA did not try to call the witness (noted in their instructions, doesn't seem practical for US time zones unless they have serious questions).
Yes. They aren't verifying that the ID is real at all but usually they do make sure the photocopy is the same as the original. The notary does not have to but makes sense anyway just to cover themselves .
In any event...my advice to anyone getting FBR via Descent....if you can, notarize every document you can and include a statement attesting to it being a true copy of an original. Government agencies love it.

jgclancy

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:31 am

It's now been a week since my estimated issue date, and the status still says processing. I've just had another webchat, where the operator informed me that they will pass it on to their superiors to look into. She advised that I keep checking the tracker and my emails as I should get an update some time today.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm

G Dog wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:31 am
It's now been a week since my estimated issue date, and the status still says processing. I've just had another webchat, where the operator informed me that they will pass it on to their superiors to look into. She advised that I keep checking the tracker and my emails as I should get an update some time today.
So despite the webchat operator promising me this morning that my case has been passed on for further investigation as to the delay, and that I was to keep checking my tracker and emails as there would be an update today, it's current status still reads 'processing'. I give up.

Corkythecat
United Kingdom

Post by Corkythecat » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:14 pm

G Dog wrote:
I am about 2 weeks beyond my estimated date of issue and the status has now changed to printing so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

All the best.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:09 am

Corkythecat wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:14 pm
G Dog wrote:
I am about 2 weeks beyond my estimated date of issue and the status has now changed to printing so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

All the best.
They have just sent me an email asking for a new photo, and to send in original birth certificate and 2 proofs of ID. I sent them all my original documents on 24/09/21.

I have just sent over a new photo, but had to go on the webchat to query why I was being asked for more documents. The girl confirmed that they have my original documents, but as that is what the verification team is specifying, then I will need to contact them for clarification as to what they actually need. The email came from no-reply@dfa.ie, but she said to respond as my message would get through despite it being 'no reply'.

Very frustrating.