ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:31 pm

I wrote my my MP before the new year and got a response back this week along with a letter from the HO, which said that my application is still in a queue waiting to be allocated to a caseworker, and that the service standard is 6 months. : (

I hope the HO arent annoyed with me for contacting my MP! The MP was great!

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Terriblefish,

You applied 3 days before than me. I have not received a respond from my MP yet, I wrote her by beginning of Dec, she stated in her acknowledgement that it might take up to 2 months to get HO respond

I am really curious what HO says to my MP

As soon as I hear from my MP I will share it with you all.

bobo77

Re: ILR APPLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TIME

Post by bobo77 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 am

bobo77 wrote:
bobo77 wrote:
manhuwa wrote:hi people is there anyone who posted an application for ILR SET (O) in nov who has been acknowledged or had the money debited from their account.

i sent my application on the 6th, was received at home office on the 7th of nov, still money not deducted from account, nor letter of acknowledgement, royal mail tracking shows application delivered.

can someone give an update of the current timeline to acknowledge a postal application?

thanks
Same applies here

ILR JR
Sent 10/11/2009
Received 11/11/2009

Application fee not yet charged
Fee now taken from Bank

Applied November 10, 2009 HSMP [JR]
ILR arrived January 18, 2010
ILR Dated/stamped 13th January.

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 pm

WCC wrote:I applied for ILR Set(O) on the 1st April, I cannot recall when the funds had been deducted (it was more than 2 months later). It's now been almost 32 weeks and still nothing...

Application sent: 1 April 09
HO received: 2 April 09
Payment debited: ??? (At least 2 months after HO received date)
Acknowledged: within a week of payment being debited
I've just received my ILR today, after contacting my MP again for the umpteenth time.

The people had it done in OCTOBER and failed to send it to my solicitor.

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 pm

taylondon wrote:Terriblefish,

You applied 3 days before than me. I have not received a respond from my MP yet, I wrote her by beginning of Dec, she stated in her acknowledgement that it might take up to 2 months to get HO respond

I get the feeling, you will get the same response as me, "application is currently in a queue awaiting allocation to a caseworker".

To think we could have just paid £200 more and got it done in person, and we would also qualify for citizenship earlier. postal application was a big mistake. :(

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Post by hangermajor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:42 am

terriblefish wrote:
taylondon wrote:Terriblefish,

I get the feeling, you will get the same response as me, "application is currently in a queue awaiting allocation to a caseworker".

To think we could have just paid £200 more and got it done in person, and we would also qualify for citizenship earlier. postal application was a big mistake. :(
Last edited by hangermajor on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 am

Terriblefish,

My MP's assistant will give them a call today and let me know.

Mine was not about money, it was a bit complicated application, my solicitor advised me to not do it in person as they might say '' it is a bit complicated, we cannot decide here now, leave it with us, we will send you later''

My solicitor advised me to send it by post, so I got much higher chance.

nevermind I hope all of us will get positive answer soon

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 pm

hi terriblefish, did they tell you when you called them that the application is waiting to be seen by a caseworker cos that seems to be different from their usual response eg "under consideration"

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 pm

apagun wrote:hi terriblefish, did they tell you when you called them that the application is waiting to be seen by a caseworker cos that seems to be different from their usual response eg "under consideration"
Most of the times that I have called the HO, they have said my application was "under consideration". But when they said it was "waiting to be seen by a caseworker" it was written in a letter to my MP. The HO give more information to the MPs than the applicants themselves.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:09 am

WCC wrote:
WCC wrote:I applied for ILR Set(O) on the 1st April, I cannot recall when the funds had been deducted (it was more than 2 months later). It's now been almost 32 weeks and still nothing...

Application sent: 1 April 09
HO received: 2 April 09
Payment debited: ??? (At least 2 months after HO received date)
Acknowledged: within a week of payment being debited
I've just received my ILR today, after contacting my MP again for the umpteenth time.

The people had it done in OCTOBER and failed to send it to my solicitor.

Wow!!! that is really shocking!!! Holding you hostage for no good reason! at least they didn't loose you application and Your 1yr to citizenship starts ticking from October so its not all bad... Could be worse... Still no doubt terrible terrible service!!

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:12 am

so depressing the wait!!

Almost 6months and absolutely nothing. Still waiting to hear from my MP, not sure if its worth me contacting my MP to at least find out what is going on or to just wait the 2 months response time....

CLS
Newly Registered

Re: SET (O): Ten year rule

Post by CLS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 am

kingie67 wrote:
CLS wrote: Hello kingie67, Sheng, Oluwa, Taylondon and all who have applied under the 10 years rule, I am in my 20th week waiting now. I wish we all hear the good news very soon. I keep fingers crossed for all of us!! I find no need for me to keep calling that 0870 number, as it only add more "insult to my emotional injury".
Hello CLS
It was good to hear from you. I totally agree with you about the 0870 number. Like you I have also stopped calling that number. You have put it quite right, "an insult to our emotional injuries". I remember Taylondon raising a similar point before.

Its just a sad case where the so called 'telephone advisors' have been turned into 'semi-computers', telling you the same thing all the time. And they even have the cheek to call it a PROGRESS INQUIRY LINE! This is really, really sad and it just turns me mad. :x :x

Lets however keep the faith - we shall be rejoicing soon
Hi Kingie.
Keep your cool. :) This is the most crucial time and do not lose it.
With our determination, all that's between where we are now and where we want to get to is a mere matter of time.
Hold our beliefs strong and do not let emotion get the best of us.

CLS
Newly Registered

Post by CLS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 am

oluwa112 wrote:so depressing the wait!!

Almost 6months and absolutely nothing. Still waiting to hear from my MP, not sure if its worth me contacting my MP to at least find out what is going on or to just wait the 2 months response time....
Same of above to you oluwa.. :)

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Date in case of postal applications !

Post by f2k » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm

harshalj wrote:Can some one tell what is the date from which ILR starts in case of postal application ?
There is a 'Valid From' date on the residence permit in the passport. thats when it starts

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:45 pm

I've just heart from my solicitor that another of his client a japanese guy just received his ILR on the base of 10 years long residence

he sent the application: 2 October 2009
received ILR: 18 January 2010

that means there is no such a queue, HO just completes the applications randomly, no queue built up on the base of application receiving dates.

skykive
Newly Registered

Post by skykive » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:24 pm

taylondon wrote:I've just heart from my solicitor that another of his client a japanese guy just received his ILR on the base of 10 years long residence

that means there is no such a queue, HO just completes the applications randomly, no queue built up on the base of application receiving dates.

I believe there is a queue, did you send/fax complaint letter to HO after 14 weeks waiting time?

hangermajor
Newly Registered

too frustrating

Post by hangermajor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm

what is home office doing?,,,,,,,,,,, its taking for them to solve a straight forward case? Please can anyone tell me how long does it take to solve for a straightforward case in 10 years , no gaps and regular study for 10 years and no criminal record...........I sent it on 17th sep , received on 18th money taken on 18th sep ,aknowledge on 21st and after that no response its so frustrating ,,,,,,,,,,,,please help me and my lawyer does not know anything ? I have not called home office ,, do u think it is worth it?
Last edited by hangermajor on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingie67
Newly Registered

Post by kingie67 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 pm

taylondon wrote:I've just heart from my solicitor that another of his client a japanese guy just received his ILR on the base of 10 years long residence

Hi Taylondon
This is some useful but disheartening information. I agree with you, there doesn't seem to be any order here, no queuing system at all. Of course, they will try to say 'each case is considered on it merit' but this is just not on.

Is there really nothing else we can do apart from just waiting, contacting local MP, phoning the so called 'progress line' or sharing our grief with each other?

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:49 pm

I do really wish there could be a way for UKBA to change the way applications are being dealt with but the problem is the plight of applicants, even if brought to public domain, is not an election winning issue, irrespective of the party in power. The MPs know this and that probably informed the reason it's not an issue in the public domain. In fact, if it becomes a public debate they'll rightly say it's right that the UKBA make proper investigation before an application is decided.

I do agree that it is right for UKBA to thoroughly and reasonably investigate where there is need to do so. I personally won't actually be that bother when an application take a reasonable time as long as they can give the status of the application when you call to make enquiry i.e they could say "your application is with a caseworker and he/she is nearly completed it or requestiong further information regarding your application." I believe that would give applicants the rest of mind that AT LEAST their case is being dealt with! I personally don't see why they can't. Most organisations that handle sensitive documents like the UKBA are able to give you status report when you call to them to make enquiry but why not UKBA? I don't think it's fair that applicants are always in the DARK! Lack of information is what is frustrates most applicants.

There's a case of someone on here who said their passport had been endorsed since October 2009, if the system allow them to give status report, they would have been able to inform the applicant when s/he contacted the status of the application. I know endorsement on this particular application might deliberately be back dated and it could also be because it was misplaced or something. If it was misplaced, it not the end of the world they are human and you cannot totally stop this occuring but applicants need information.

I appreciate the fact that UKBA deals with enormous amount of applications and that can be overwhelmingly daunting but UKBA need to improve its customer service practices. After all, Customer Service is not just a practice, its also an attitude.

NB:

Please if anyone here who knows why, when contacted, UKBA don't give a little bit of information to applicants please let us know. Could it be legal? Please kindly tell us. Thanks
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

CLS
Newly Registered

Post by CLS » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:40 am

kindley wrote:

I do really wish there could be a way for UKBA to change the way applications are being dealt with but the problem is the plight of applicants, even if brought to public domain, is not an election winning issue, irrespective of the party in power. The MPs know this and that probably informed the reason it's not an issue in the public domain. In fact, if it becomes a public debate they'll rightly say it's right that the UKBA make proper investigation before an application is decided.

I do agree that it is right for UKBA to thoroughly and reasonably investigate where there is need to do so. I personally won't actually be that bother when an application take a reasonable time as long as they can give the status of the application when you call to make enquiry i.e they could say "your application is with a caseworker and he/she is nearly completed it or requestiong further information regarding your application." I believe that would give applicants the rest of mind that AT LEAST their case is being dealt with! I personally don't see why they can't. Most organisations that handle sensitive documents like the UKBA are able to give you status report when you call to them to make enquiry but why not UKBA? I don't think it's fair that applicants are always in the DARK! Lack of information is what is frustrates most applicants.

There's a case of someone on here who said their passport had been endorsed since October 2009, if the system allow them to give status report, they would have been able to inform the applicant when s/he contacted the status of the application. I know endorsement on this particular application might deliberately be back dated and it could also be because it was misplaced or something. If it was misplaced, it not the end of the world they are human and you cannot totally stop this occuring but applicants need information.

I appreciate the fact that UKBA deals with enormous amount of applications and that can be overwhelmingly daunting but UKBA need to improve its customer service practices. After all, Customer Service is not just a practice, its also an attitude.

NB:

Please if anyone here who knows why, when contacted, UKBA don't give a little bit of information to applicants please let us know. Could it be legal? Please kindly tell us. Thanks
Well said.

To be honest, I simply think they want to put you off and force you to withdraw your application before it is "decided" (as some one has raised before).

There are a number of reasons for this, I would not list them here, but I guess they are so apparent and you yourself has already pointed out one or two.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:08 am

I have always know there was no particular processing order.. I know mine is being dealt with in Liverpool. I personally think it is down it who you have assigned your application. If you have a Lazy @$$ "excuse my french" you will wait forever. I know someone who worked for the civil service and was told off by their own boss when they 1st started the Job for responding too soon tasks and mails.

There they were thinking they were being efficient and the boss was having a go at her, saying that they will think they don't have enough work that to wait 3-4days rather than replying as soon as the request was done. All under the guise of thorough investigation even when not necessary!

That is the mentality they have, as well as immigration being a talking point which is not so favorable for anybody right now.

Its just so annoying..........

But what can we do!! We just have to accept whatever they throw at us regardless of how much we pay for the service "if you can call it that"

kindley

Post by kindley » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:12 am

Thanks,

I honestly don't think the staff of UKBA are lazy or inefficient, in fact I appreciate the fact that they have a lot to do and most of their jobs involve handling sensitive information.

I do have respect for them, I mean we all work and we know how naturally stressfull working environment can be. I'm not even trying to criticise them on the length of time, I believe it's right they take reasonable time in dealing with applications. I just hope they can develop a mechanism that allow applicants the opportunity to have reasonable information on the status of their application. I believe this why people are frustrated.

Communication and information is important, when people don't get information they believe they deserve, it results to frustration and suspicion.
oluwa112 wrote:

I have always know there was no particular processing order.. I know mine is being dealt with in Liverpool. I personally think it is down it who you have assigned your application. If you have a Lazy @$$ "excuse my french" you will wait forever. I know someone who worked for the civil service and was told off by their own boss when they 1st started the Job for responding too soon tasks and mails.

There they were thinking they were being efficient and the boss was having a go at her, saying that they will think they don't have enough work that to wait 3-4days rather than replying as soon as the request was done. All under the guise of thorough investigation even when not necessary!

That is the mentality they have, as well as immigration being a talking point which is not so favorable for anybody right now.

Its just so annoying..........

But what can we do!! We just have to accept whatever they throw at us regardless of how much we pay for the service "if you can call it that"
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:54 pm

i sent an email to my MP but i was suprised when he replied me saying that he spoke with ukba and they told him that they are making further enquiries.it sound so stupid to me as that was the same information they gave me when i made the application initially.Are they making the enquiries in the MOON.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:07 pm

skykive wrote:

I believe there is a queue, did you send/fax complaint letter to HO after 14 weeks waiting time?
There is nothing like a queue for ILR, the might be for the working permit based NO permanent Immigration applications, but when it comes to ILR there is no queue.... Its quite obvious with time lines where people who have applied before others are hearing back after them and in some cases still waiting to hear back......

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:30 pm

kindley wrote:Thanks,

I honestly don't think the staff of UKBA are lazy or inefficient, in fact I appreciate the fact that they have a lot to do and most of their jobs involve handling sensitive information.

I do have respect for them, I mean we all work and we know how naturally stressfull working environment can be. I'm not even trying to criticise them on the length of time, I believe it's right they take reasonable time in dealing with applications. I just hope they can develop a mechanism that allow applicants the opportunity to have reasonable information on the status of their application. I believe this why people are frustrated.

Communication and information is important, when people don't get information they believe they deserve, it results to frustration and suspicion.
Didn't say they are all Lazy, But if end up with a lazy one I said you will be waiting forever. like my example of experience i have stated * I dint name the exact civil service for a reason*... There are people that hang on to the mantra of not dealing with queries as soon as you get them even though they can be sorted then or at least start taking steps to fix it.

when people know for a fact, if they are to check check Criminal records they can have it done in no time especially for applicants that Turned 18 in the UK *like myself being here since i was 15, with no Criminal record*. A family member just applied to get CRB http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/ basically sent his application on Friday 15th of Jan 2010, Tuesday 19th of Jan 2010 he had his CLEAN result In His hands.... Tell me UKBA cant get it quicker than that?? So please tell me what exactly are they investigating and so stressful??

Where it could be more difficult wld be applying discretion as where do you draw the line. What is wrong with having a Bi-monthly Meeting were cases like that can be brought together and different Senior Case workers can deliberate on a handful of cases and make a final decision?? 2ice a month for 2-3hrs, wld that kill anybody??

and like you say, what is wrong with them giving us a way of tracking our application too keep out of the dark??

but like i said we cant do nothing about it but complain about the situation whilst we wait on the decision from UKBA... Helps us "well me" keep my sanity