ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:09 am

jay6610 wrote:Hi guys i m new to this forum. Been reading a lot of experiences of people and its quiet heart felt, the process is simply too long for married couple. Well i applied on the same day as you thunder but from the vfs in ahmedabad. Not sure where my application has gone, its either mumbai north or south. I applied on the 28/04/11. Well let hope ours come at the same time.. all the best buddy..
Hi Jay6610

Thank you for the update pal, please let me know if your application status changes, fingers crossed

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:28 pm

jay6610 wrote:Hi guys i m new to this forum. Been reading a lot of experiences of people and its quiet heart felt, the process is simply too long for married couple. Well i applied on the same day as you thunder but from the vfs in ahmedabad. Not sure where my application has gone, its either mumbai north or south. I applied on the 28/04/11. Well let hope ours come at the same time.. all the best buddy..
Hi Jay6610

Have you received any update could you please let me know

thank you

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi Guys

could any one please tell me whats the email address for chennai BHC its been 61days and no update so far any help much appreciated.

thank you

sskhan
Newly Registered

Post by sskhan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:35 pm

@ thunder19 - is it 61 WORKING DAYS ? because u cant count weekends and UK bank holidays .
Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk

link - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... 1584827910

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 pm

sskhan wrote:@ thunder19 - is it 61 WORKING DAYS ? because u cant count weekends and UK bank holidays .
Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk

link - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... 1584827910
Hi sskhan

yes, i have excluded weekends and bank holidays, thank you for the email address.

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:49 am

hey guys

@thunder... well i havent had any updates on my application. According to me today is the 60th working day. I m counting from the day 3rd of may. Not counting the 28th,29th royal wedding, obviously the weekends an one bank holiday onthe 27th may, All in all its been 60 working days today. Lets hope we hear something by the end of the week. Otherwise i shall email Mumbai British High Commission next week Keep us posted buddy. Really anxious now and the nearer we get the more it makes you nervous because we havent heard anything. Wen do they call for an interview do u know, if they do...is it after 60 days or before then...

Regards Jay

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:11 am

jay6610 wrote:hey guys

@thunder... well i havent had any updates on my application. According to me today is the 60th working day. I m counting from the day 3rd of may. Not counting the 28th,29th royal wedding, obviously the weekends an one bank holiday onthe 27th may, All in all its been 60 working days today. Lets hope we hear something by the end of the week. Otherwise i shall email Mumbai British High Commission next week Keep us posted buddy. Really anxious now and the nearer we get the more it makes you nervous because we havent heard anything. Wen do they call for an interview do u know, if they do...is it after 60 days or before then...

Regards Jay
Jay well i have emailed chennai BHC and they just replied me @ 9:30 am this morning.

Please note your application is still under process. We will keep you
updated as soon as a decision is made.

usually most of them hear on 58th day or 57th days but we are on 60th days so its a horrible situation to be in. if they had to call for an interview they would have done it earlier but you never know when they change there mind. i will keep you posted if i hear any thing.
Last edited by thunder19 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:16 am

i just dont understand one thing, people applying from ukrain, pakistan , egypt etc.., have got the visas in time frame of 7, 10, 15, 30 and 45days.
people applying from India have to wait 3months or more it just dont seem fair.

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:27 am

@ thunder

I thought that they would reply with such answer. I have read in the forum that emailing the BHC does not help as they would only say that wait till the decision is made. Your right about the time scale for other countries.. The thing is its all down to the countries that you apply from. Some countries have quicker processng times then others. And i also think it all down to the discretion of the ECO who is responsible for making such decisions. But i guess this is just one long waiting game. Life is not fair but just hang in there buddy and good result will follow and you shall be wid you loved once soon. I will keep you posted mate.. U do the same.

many thanks
Jay

kafm
Newly Registered

Post by kafm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi All,

My wife applied in mumbai south on May 20th, visa arrived by courier today. Such a relief for us both.

Good luck to everyone.

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 am

@KAFM

Congratulations to matey... have a wicked married life....its seems you got yours in a short space of time. I applied on the 28/04/11, still awaiting reply. well good luck for the future..

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 am

kafm wrote:Hi All,

My wife applied in mumbai south on May 20th, visa arrived by courier today. Such a relief for us both.

Good luck to everyone.
have a fantastic married life :D

visitkans

Refused on the grounds of english language requirement

Post by visitkans » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi All,

been waiting all these days and today my wife got her Refusal which states she did not provide enough proof of English Language.

Her University was on the Tier 1 approved list and she provided the original degree certificate which is in English.

She has now received an Appeal form with the refusal, so i have asked her to get a "Medium of instruction" from her Uni.

Any ideas if she still has to undergo the english test?

Is it a better idea to appeal? or lodge a new application?

Thanks for all the help guys

thunder19

Re: Refused on the grounds of english language requirement

Post by thunder19 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 pm

visitkans wrote:Hi All,

been waiting all these days and today my wife got her Refusal which states she did not provide enough proof of English Language.

Her University was on the Tier 1 approved list and she provided the original degree certificate which is in English.

She has now received an Appeal form with the refusal, so i have asked her to get a "Medium of instruction" from her Uni.

Any ideas if she still has to undergo the english test?

Is it a better idea to appeal? or lodge a new application?

Thanks for all the help guys
Hi visitkans

sorry to hear .
when did you apply ?
and where ?
could you please update

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Sorry Thunder.. was a bit pissed, so did not give much info, here are the details

Applied at : Bangalore VFS.
Applied on : 1 June 2011

Even the VFS guy who checked the docs said all is fine, so many from google search said if the uni is on the points calc, then it shd be fine..

Anyways, now we have decided that she will sit for the IELTS, and looking at the experiences of many, an appeal process doesn't sound promising.

Any luck anybody with the Appeal, or better to spend another truck load money applying again?

thunder19 wrote:
visitkans wrote:Hi All,

Hi visitkans

sorry to hear .
when did you apply ?
and where ?
could you please update

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi visitkans

appeal might take a very long time we are looking at 6 - 9 months so may be its better to re apply mentioning the problem and grounds it was refused on and a good covering letter i suggest take a proffesional advice.

i am sorry again we are all in the same boat i applied on 28th april 2011 i have not heard anything yet.

shivg
Newly Registered

Post by shivg » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi Visitkans, I would suggest you do some research before reapplying. An appeal takes 6-9months if it goes all the way to a court hearing. If it is a case of insufficient evidience, there *might* be a decent chance of the decision getting overturned by the ECO in which case it might be a matter of 2 months. (Will be great if you could keep this board posted.)

Good luck

visitkans

Post by visitkans » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks Shivg,

Did lots of research and its as confusing as it can get, all am trying to find out is that,

Is the english test Mandatory even if we get a "Medium of Instruction" certificate from Uni
shivg wrote:Hi Visitkans, I would suggest you do some research before reapplying. An appeal takes 6-9months if it goes all the way to a court hearing. If it is a case of insufficient evidience, there *might* be a decent chance of the decision getting overturned by the ECO in which case it might be a matter of 2 months. (Will be great if you could keep this board posted.)

Good luck

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 am

I have lodged my appeal on 21st July and decision should be overturn in 2 month.... Best Luck for all who waiting for visa...

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 am

Ejaz12 wrote:I have lodged my appeal on 21st July and decision should be overturn in 2 month.... Best Luck for all who waiting for visa...
Hi Ejaz12, good luck pal will keep fingers crossed for you.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 am

visitkans wrote:Thanks Shivg,

Did lots of research and its as confusing as it can get, all am trying to find out is that,

Is the english test Mandatory even if we get a "Medium of Instruction" certificate from Uni
shivg wrote:Hi Visitkans, I would suggest you do some research before reapplying. An appeal takes 6-9months if it goes all the way to a court hearing. If it is a case of insufficient evidience, there *might* be a decent chance of the decision getting overturned by the ECO in which case it might be a matter of 2 months. (Will be great if you could keep this board posted.)

Good luck

I am a bit worried now, i am planning to apply for spouse visa for my wife who is a post graduate. Medium of Instruction is not mentioned on her certificate but we do have a letter from Uni that specifies the course was taught in English. I read in one of the posts in the fourm that if we have a letter from Uni we dont need to get our certificate from NARIC. I think it is a good idea to take opinion from moderator

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi Jay6610 have you heard anything pal ?

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:10 pm

hey

@thunder

i havent heard anything at all matey. I guess its into the next week now. The wait just carries on.. I guess we now have to wait till the 90 day period. Lets hope the next week bring us more joy rather then sadness. I dont understand what is taking them so long to make a decision.

Many thanks
Jay

thunder19

Post by thunder19 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm

jay6610 wrote:hey

@thunder

i havent heard anything at all matey. I guess its into the next week now. The wait just carries on.. I guess we now have to wait till the 90 day period. Lets hope the next week bring us more joy rather then sadness. I dont understand what is taking them so long to make a decision.

Many thanks
Jay
same here pal i have no idea, i checked guide to visa process time and i was shocked all over india its 90 or 120 days now for 100 percent. i dont understand why is it taking them such a long time.

anyways keep us updated and i will do the same fingers crossed.

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:19 pm

@thunder

Never mind bud. We have to keep going and stay positive. I shall keep up posted. I dont understand why is it taking them so long. It could be that there is a back log aswell and they are trying to deal with it. Lets just hope its next week.. Keeping our fingers and toes crossed.. :)