ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Latan

Post by Latan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 pm

...hi everyone- with regard to the updating of my file should i send in the most recent P60, P21, salary advices, bank statements ? When i first submitted my application for naturalisation i did it through a solicitor- back in APRIL '09- abovementioned documents are out of date by now, and can i send it in myself, or do it via my solicitor- many thanks. :D

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

Latan wrote:...hi everyone- with regard to the updating of my file should i send in the most recent P60, P21, salary advices, bank statements ? When i first submitted my application for naturalisation i did it through a solicitor- back in APRIL '09- abovementioned documents are out of date by now, and can i send it in myself, or do it via my solicitor- many thanks. :D
Its better if you do it through your solicitors, its more "official" + solicitor will put a cover letter to it aswell. And most importantly what are you paying him/her for, get your money worth.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 am

Latan wrote:...hi everyone- with regard to the updating of my file should i send in the most recent P60, P21, salary advices, bank statements ? When i first submitted my application for naturalisation i did it through a solicitor- back in APRIL '09- abovementioned documents are out of date by now, and can i send it in myself, or do it via my solicitor- many thanks. :D
If you applied through solicitor then I recommend any future dealing with INIS should be through solicitor. This is not only for documents you want to send to INIS but any other correspondent you may have with them. That includes requests for updates on your file too.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 am

Seems DoJ is issuing no approval or very little as it has been long time that someone mentioned on this form for getting approval.

If someone got oath recently can give us idea how many where in the court for oath. That will give us idea how INIS is working currently.

FAO: Southdubliner, Any good news regarding your case...?

Latan

Post by Latan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm

...thank you all- have a great weekend.... :D

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi to all...
Thanx nannete, i have sent them the letter updating my status..i am working here since late 2001 with no breaks or CW payments so there is no problem there...
one of my friends got approval yesterday after 56 months.....and i really mean 56 months...aren't we living in wonderful times...just dont know how long we all have to wait for those "very busy and hard working" people in INIS to get their act together and start working!!!!!

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:41 am

southdubliner wrote:Hi to all...
Thanx nannete, i have sent them the letter updating my status..i am working here since late 2001 with no breaks or CW payments so there is no problem there...
one of my friends got approval yesterday after 56 months.....and i really mean 56 months...aren't we living in wonderful times...just dont know how long we all have to wait for those "very busy and hard working" people in INIS to get their act together and start working!!!!!
WOW This is so interesting and dreadful. I don’t believe in a modern and developed country INIS is playing with people feelings/dreams by holding their approval and keep waiting them for so long. If INIS refuse to give approval then it was fine but once they have given approval it means your friend passed all the stages for naturalization and still he have to wait for 56 months.

When this INIS will improve their performance and start working in a efficient manners.....????

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:46 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi to all...
Hi Southdubliner,
Is your friend has any history of being unemployed?, as what i know about INIS that they postbone the application of that nature. correct me if I'm wrong.
peace on you

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:58 pm

...apparently there's a "new computer"....at Tipperay office...it can turn around cases in approx. 18 months !! Wow...i would just love to meet this "new computer" !! :D

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:25 am

Latan wrote:...apparently there's a "new computer"....at Tipperay office...it can turn around cases in approx. 18 months !! Wow...i would just love to meet this "new computer" !! :D
Hi Latan,
did you hear about someone who got decision in 18 months?
peace on you

alex725
Newly Registered

Post by alex725 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:35 am

[quote=
Hi Latan,
did you hear about someone who got decision in 18 months?
[/quote]

Check this link:

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:20 pm

@ Irish Pharoe...Not at all...he is employed here since 2001 with no breaks whatsoever...
i wish to know more about that "computer" in Tipperary Office..
any once else got it recently...

Latan

Post by Latan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:54 pm

....havn't heard of anyone who got approved in 18 months, but it sounds as if this "new technology" is being employed at the moment !! As the web-site says...."it's commencing further processing of applications received in early 2009...." so that sounds about right....18 month time-frame. Technology is an amazing thing..... :D

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

Please anyone who so ever got oath recently can tell us. How many people were in the court for oath? This can give us some idea how many people’s are getting naturalization. I am asking because it seems INIS are issuing very little or may not no approvals.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Any news of 2007 and early 2008 applicants?

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:23 am

Aceform wrote:Any news of 2007 and early 2008 applicants?
Applied in APR 08
----------------------
Received letter on Fri the 12/11/10 confirming that my application has been sent to minister for decision and no further documents required from my end.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:51 am

asrpb wrote:
Applied in APR 08
----------------------
Received letter on Fri the 12/11/10 confirming that my application has been sent to minister for decision and no further documents required from my end.
Great news then asrpb. That mens you are nearly at the end of the journey. Were you asked to submit additional doc. If so when?

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

9jeirean wrote:
asrpb wrote:
Applied in APR 08
----------------------
Great news then asrpb. That mens you are nearly at the end of he journey. Were you asked to submit additional doc. If s when?
I hope so as well.

Was asked for additional documents (payslip & Bank Statement) in Mar 10.
Sent everything they requested along with SW report.

Apparently they were waiting for Garda report for 7-8 months.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am

asrpb wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
asrpb wrote:
Applied in APR 08
----------------------
Great news then asrpb. That mens you are nearly at the end of he journey. Were you asked to submit additional doc. If s when?
I hope so as well.

Was asked for additional documents (payslip & Bank Statement) in Mar 10.
Sent everything they requested along with SW report.

Apparently they were waiting for Garda report for 7-8 months.
Normally, once an application has been sent to the minister, you should get a decision one way or another (hopefully it's +ve) in a few weeks (4-5 weeks usually). You are right, garda report seems to be the bottle neck for most people. Hopefully you'll get the good news sooner rather than later.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 pm

asrpb wrote:
Applied in APR 08
----------------------
That's good news asrpb. Wish you all the very best.

Did you ask for update on your application? or did they just send you the update.

Cheers,
Ace

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Normally, once an application has been sent to the minister, you should get a decision one way or another (hopefully it's +ve) in a few weeks (4-5 weeks usually). You are right, garda report seems to be the bottle neck for most people. Hopefully you'll get the good news sooner rather than later.
Thanks 9jeirean

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Did you ask for update on your application? or did they just send you the update.

Cheers,
Ace
Thanks Ace

I called them last week (Tue) and was informed that Garda report is back & the application is being prepared to be sent to the minister.
Also, I sent them a letter requesting update the same day just to double check and to have it in writing. I received reply on Friday confirming exactly what I stated in my earlier post.

At least now I know that file is on the move.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:55 pm

asrpb wrote:

Cheers,
Ace
Thanks Ace

I called them last week (Tue) and was informed that Garda report is back & the application is being prepared to be sent to the minister.
Also, I sent them a letter requesting update the same day just to double check and to have it in writing. I received reply on Friday confirming exactly what I stated in my earlier post.

That's very good. Hope you get it very soon.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 am

asrpb, my guess here is maximum 5 weeks, you should get your letter. if you do not qualify, your file is never sent to the minister for signature....so it is good.

Nanette

asrpb wrote:

Cheers,
Ace
Thanks Ace

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 am

asrpb, my guess here is maximum 5 weeks, you should get your letter. if you do not qualify, your file is never sent to the minister for signature....so it is good.

Nanette
Guess I've to chuck out another grand this x-mas.
No more expensive presents for the family/friend this year :)