ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JON12
Newly Registered

Post by JON12 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:17 pm

oumachi wrote:
JON12 wrote:well well

My wait is OVER...yes OVER

just received ILR finally.....woohoo....4 months from the day I posted my application

Timeline :

20/02 posted application
23/02 ack letter
20/06 Received PP back with ILR dated 12/6

thank God my wait is over...holidaysss, new job can't wait...I keep on praying for happy time ahead of my life....
I shall pray for the rest of you who are waiting...Waiting is so stressfull...no matter what anyone would say....spiritual help or focus somehow ease the pressure...good luck all !!!
Congratulation!!!
What was the type of application used, I mean Set(M) or Set(O)?
Set 0 thanks

derekhuffman
Newly Registered

ILR - SET (O) - POSTAL - SUCCESS

Post by derekhuffman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:43 am

Hello everyone.

I have been a LONG-time reader, but haven't posted. I am sure there are many like me out there who have been looking to you all for support / encouragement. On behalf of the silent folk, thank you for continuing to post your successes - it has been a very big help.

Timeline:
Sent application - 25 February
Ack. letter - 29 February
PP Received - 21 June
Stamped - 14 June (Liverpool)

Mine was (I think) a relatively straight-forward Set (O) Work Permit application with dependant. We came over in 2005 on a Working Holidaymaker Visa, then switched to a Work Permit after I got a permanent job teaching.

Anyways, some advice for those who are waiting OR who are yet to apply:
-First of all, if you CAN, apply in person. This postal business was the worst decision. I missed out on more than one trip abroad and have been stressed out of my mind for four months.
-DO NOT psych yourself out. I became obsessed with trawling through the 'refusals', seeing similarities with my case that weren't actually there. This made me sick. SO MUCH was riding on this - my whole future, in fact.
-Don't forget - if you haven't heard anything, take it as a good sign. I have read so many people say stuff like 'Be patient!'. 'Easy for you to say - you have your ILR' would always be my reply. But, be patient.
-Go out and do things to keep your mind off it. Exercise is probably the last thing you want to do, but it is probably the first thing you SHOULD do.

Hope I don't sound preachy - these are just things that I wish people had said to me.

Good luck to you all. Thanks so so much for keeping me sane.

GmanILR2012

Re: ILR - SET (O) - POSTAL - SUCCESS

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:34 am

derekhuffman wrote:Hello everyone.

I have been a LONG-time reader, but haven't posted. I am sure there are many like me out there who have been looking to you all for support / encouragement. On behalf of the silent folk, thank you for continuing to post your successes - it has been a very big help.

Timeline:
Sent application - 25 February
Ack. letter - 29 February
PP Received - 21 June
Stamped - 14 June (Liverpool)

Mine was (I think) a relatively straight-forward Set (O) Work Permit application with dependant. We came over in 2005 on a Working Holidaymaker Visa, then switched to a Work Permit after I got a permanent job teaching.

Anyways, some advice for those who are waiting OR who are yet to apply:
-First of all, if you CAN, apply in person. This postal business was the worst decision. I missed out on more than one trip abroad and have been stressed out of my mind for four months.
-DO NOT psych yourself out. I became obsessed with trawling through the 'refusals', seeing similarities with my case that weren't actually there. This made me sick. SO MUCH was riding on this - my whole future, in fact.
-Don't forget - if you haven't heard anything, take it as a good sign. I have read so many people say stuff like 'Be patient!'. 'Easy for you to say - you have your ILR' would always be my reply. But, be patient.
-Go out and do things to keep your mind off it. Exercise is probably the last thing you want to do, but it is probably the first thing you SHOULD do.

Hope I don't sound preachy - these are just things that I wish people had said to me.

Good luck to you all. Thanks so so much for keeping me sane.
Congrats on your ILR..... Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated, I landed up painting my whole house to keep myself occupied after work. Hopefully mine won't be long now as I applied on 28 February..

Did your ppt arrive in your pre-paid envelope or did they send it second class? The thought of my ppt's and my whole families birth and marriage certificates being sent second class sends shivers down my spine as it took me two years to collect all those original documents.

Thanks for posting you time line.... for all those silent ILR prisoners, come on and post your timeline... who knows, these figures could stand as strong evidence to the UKBA regarding their service standards and client services (or lack there of).... so post your time lines.

I wish I would have come across this forum before I decided to mail my application, would have travelled to Wales to get it in 24hrs.

bond123

Post by bond123 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 am

mustang390 wrote:
bond123 wrote:
mustang390 wrote:I sent my Application on 20th March and Still waiting for My Biometric, spoke to HO the other day and they promised to send it with 10 days... SO fingures Crossed :)
Hi mustang390

I have same case as yours, did you receive biometric letter since you phoned them, pls can you provide timeline.

I have applied on 3rd march but still havent received anything. I spoke to helpline on 14th June and explained situation, they said same thing that they will sent letter within 10 working days.

I phoned them again on yesterday and they said it has been sent on 15th june, but still waiting.

pls can you advise.

Hi No I have not received anything from them yet, I will call them on Friday to chase them up But we can't trust them :((
do you remember what date they said they have will send you biometric letter within 10 working days ?

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am

bond123 wrote:
mustang390 wrote:
bond123 wrote:
mustang390 wrote:I sent my Application on 20th March and Still waiting for My Biometric, spoke to HO the other day and they promised to send it with 10 days... SO fingures Crossed :)
Hi mustang390

I have same case as yours, did you receive biometric letter since you phoned them, pls can you provide timeline.

I have applied on 3rd march but still havent received anything. I spoke to helpline on 14th June and explained situation, they said same thing that they will sent letter within 10 working days.

I phoned them again on yesterday and they said it has been sent on 15th june, but still waiting.

pls can you advise.

Hi No I have not received anything from them yet, I will call them on Friday to chase them up But we can't trust them :((
do you remember what date they said they have will send you biometric letter within 10 working days ?
They Never Said that they actually sent it out the lady on the phone said "Oh Really ? u didn't receive it ? let me chase this up and if you dont get it by 22nd June 12 then do give us a call"

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

ILR Set (O)

Post by ashwin1406 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I have applied to my ILR SET (O), (its HSMP + Tier 1, straight forward application) on 15th of Feb, acknowledgement letter received with Dated 17th Feb.

I have not received anything till now, eagerly waiting, I have booked tickets long back to travel to my country on 20th July for an important occasion. I tried calling UKBA, refused to tell the status, faxed and emailed to expedite the application, And finally last week, I requested local MP to look into the matter as well.

Any idea when can I expect my documents back???

WTF
Newly Registered

SET (0)

Post by WTF » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Ashwin, similar case as mine - HSMP + Tier 1. Applied on the 10th and received an acknowledgement on the 14th and still waiting. Have missed a number of career opportunities due to a lack of visa.

I have as well notified my MP to look into the matter and also look into the timescales. Seeing that some Feb applicants have received theirs gives some strength but lets not raise our hopes high.

But still, fingers crossed......

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 pm

@ashwin1406 and @WTF - After how much time waiting did you both decided to write to your local MPs?

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin1406 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 pm

@WTF: I have been browsing this site, and found some people who applied in Jan as well getting just in June. So, in the worst case it could take another month or little more which is bit worrying....

@NOG: I approached MP last week so after 17 weeks of my submission, but I believe it doesn't matter as along as you have proper reason to expedite your application...

@All: Anyone know if UKBA using the self addressed envelope to return the documents back if we have sent it along with the application??? It became an habit for me now to check the status of my self addressed envelope every hour which I provided along with the application. crazy isn't it?
Last edited by ashwin1406 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@star
Newly Registered

ILR Granted - Postal Application

Post by @star » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi All,

Just to let everyone we have finally received our ILR application after a very long wait.

GmanILR2012 - Took on your advise and decided to post as me also being a silent reader! Sorry!

Jus if anyone is interested please see our timelines below:

Posted ILR Application: 27.02.12
Payment Taken: 05.03.12
Ack Letter Received: 03.04.12 (Letter was dated 29.02.12)
ILR Stamped: 13.06.12
ILR Packaged Received: 20.06.12

All I can say Thank God as it was a very long wait but thankfully a relief and the wait is over. Everyone who is still waiting wish you all the best and hang in there! It will arrive.

As you know we sent our application when the new forms were issued so I was very worried that our SET M form would be returned but it wasnt and I think this was because my partners Biometrics was done in country before arrival to the UK.

Any questions or help required please let me know - happy to help.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 pm

ashwin1406 wrote: @All: Anyone know if UKBA using the self attested envelope to return the documents back if we have sent it along with the application??? It became an habit for me now to check the status of my self attested envelope every hour which I provided along with the application. crazy isn't it?
From what I've been told by a couple of friends, they received they passport and documents back in the special delivery envelope they enclosed with their applications. Hope you get it soon, 17 weeks is torture, I feel stressed with only 7 weeks gone.

GmanILR2012

Re: ILR Granted - Postal Application

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 pm

@star wrote:Hi All,

Just to let everyone we have finally received our ILR application after a very long wait.

GmanILR2012 - Took on your advise and decided to post as me also being a silent reader! Sorry!

All I can say Thank God as it was a very long wait but thankfully a relief and the wait is over. Everyone who is still waiting wish you all the best and hang in there! It will arrive.

As you know we sent our application when the new forms were issued so I was very worried that our SET M form would be returned but it wasnt and I think this was because my partners Biometrics was done in country before arrival to the UK.

Thanks for the time line @star :) it is much appreciated....

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 pm

I am just worrying that the Olympics would delay any further ...
since many wud be applying for tourist visa....

i hope i m wrong.

@star
Newly Registered

Post by @star » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:15 pm

No problem GmanILR2012.

NOG - It is torture - I felt the same and kicked my self for not spending the extra and maybe going to the PEO for same day application.

RaguT - No it shouldnt as every department is different. Olympics or Tourists visa has got nothing to do with ILR's.

Thanks all.

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:07 pm

I posted my SET(M) on 14 February and they returned my application asking me to use the new form. But I can see from this forum that loads of people applying in February weren't asked to do this. I think it all depends on the case worker and I have been unlucky because due to this delay I have had to cancel our family trip as I haven't had my passport back. I have written to them to complain, saying they have accused me using the "wrong form" but in actual fact, I hadn't. Don't blame me when you only get around to opening my package in March.

sbcansever
Newly Registered

Post by sbcansever » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:03 am

RajuT wrote:I am just worrying that the Olympics would delay any further ...
since many wud be applying for tourist visa....

i hope i m wrong.

I don't think it would delay ILR progress because they are (should be) processing within different departments. I believe ILR staff would not deal with standard visa applications.

WTF
Newly Registered

Delay in processing

Post by WTF » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 am

I was also told by a friend that the delays are because they took staff out of the ILR camp to help process the Olympics visas. Not sure whether this is true but the delays have been occurring from last November isnt it?

gurudev

Re: ILR Granted - Postal Application

Post by gurudev » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:38 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:
@star wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for the time line @star :) it is much appreciated....

Thanks for the updates. I am looking forward to hear from GmanILR2012 results next.

Arsenal007
Newly Registered

Standard route application process

Post by Arsenal007 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Standard route application process
 application received and fee processed, if applicable
 application data entered into case system
 application validated (correct application form and mandatory documents including
photographs)
 applicant identified as required to provide biometrics
 biometrics notification letter sent to applicant, or handed to asylum applicants, in most
cases
 applicant attends at a Post Office, which does not require an appointment
 biometrics captured, applicant leaves the Post Office
 biometrics data electronically transmitted to UK Border Agency
 biometric results verified
 application considered and decision made (whether to grant or refuse)
 passport and documents returned to applicant with decision
 biometric residence permit issued to successful applicants by secure delivery to the
address provided.
For a list of participating Post Offices, see related link: Post Office branches.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

ashwin1406 wrote:@WTF: I have been browsing this site, and found some people who applied in Jan as well getting just in June. So, in the worst case it could take another month or little more which is bit worrying....

@NOG: I approached MP last week so after 17 weeks of my submission, but I believe it doesn't matter as along as you have proper reason to expedite your application...

@All: Anyone know if UKBA using the self addressed envelope to return the documents back if we have sent it along with the application??? It became an habit for me now to check the status of my self addressed envelope every hour which I provided along with the application. crazy isn't it?
Last edited by Loveislovely on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

[quote="SingaporeGirl"]I posted my SET(M) on 14 February and they returned my application asking me to use the new form. But I can see from this forum that loads of people applying in February weren't asked to do this. I think it all depends on the case worker and I have been unlucky because due to this delay I have had to cancel our family trip as I haven't had my passport back. I have written to them to complain, saying they have accused me using the "wrong form" but in actual fact, I hadn't. Don't blame me when you only get around to opening my package in March.[/quote
Last edited by Loveislovely on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Jakob
Newly Registered

UKBA Latest News

Post by Jakob » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Delays in making decisions to settlement applications in the UK

22 June 2012

Our global customer service standard for settlement applications is to make decisions on most applications within 12 weeks and all applications within 24 weeks. Due to a significant increase in the number of applications being received, we are currently experiencing a delay in making decisions on settlement applications. We are still making decisions on most applications within 12 weeks, but many applications are taking longer to resolve, which means that it may take up to 24 weeks for a decision to be made. We are working hard to reduce the impact this has on customers and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Jakob
Newly Registered

UKBA Latest News

Post by Jakob » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:07 pm

ed_1980

Re: UKBA Latest News

Post by ed_1980 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

How odd, the service standards page for ILR says 95% of applications decided within 6 months. 24 weeks is less than 6 months... so I'm not sure what this is announcing.

Alas, I'm sure it'll come through some time. They don't often lose stuff. :-)

Budmash
BANNED

Re

Post by Budmash » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:20 pm

1st BIG THANK TO ALMIGHTY GOD...
GUYS FINALLY GOOD NEWS TODAY
WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT FOR SOOOOOOOO LONG!!!
MY TIME LINE IS BELOW
ACK LETTER FROM SHEFIELD 22-02-2012
ILR APPROVAL TEXT MESSAGE FROM SOLICITOR 22-06-2012
Guys my story is bit tough to explain beavouse I was on work permit until today and my employer is a real bad arse I am going tel tell him DO ONE now....
Will go on Monday to pic up my passport
Wish all of u very good luck n I will pray for you Inshallah you will all get ur ilr soon
@hamaly n Gimbi.... Guys if not today then I promise you will get your ilr INSHALLAH next week coz my timeline was pretty same.
ONE LOVE X