ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khaled9
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Khaled9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:30 am

@ Londoner007

Thank you ,In sha Allah I pray its good news too.
To top it all off my spouce is pregnant just hope they give a verdict over there next few days, I have decided To wait untill March 7th, If I still get no response will call them and nag them. The contact center people are so useless they just give vauge and generic responses like robots , will give it a shot and see what they say.

Thanks for your kinds words.
Wsalaam

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 pm

I will make dua for you. You can simply send them an email for an update, its the same people that answer the calls too, who aren't directly employed by UKVI.

Let us know if you hear anything, and hopefully next eid or 2 you'll have the full house :0).
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Khaled9
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Khaled9 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 am

@ Londoner007

Thank you for you duas because allah has heard it. My wife got a text today to collect passport. VISA WAS GRANTED !!!! Alhamdulillah.

Looks like I didn't have to call or email them, only just 😂.

Timeline as follows
29th November 2017 online application
7 Dec 2017 Biometrics at vfs Slyhet, Bangaldesh.
15th Dec 2017- Supporting Docs sent to Sheffield
11 Jan 2018 - Suppoting Docs Returned
6 March 2018- wife gets a text to collect passport for visa application centre.
Total 89 days or 59 working days
Visa granted Alhamdulillah, all praise to allah. Thank you for all your support everyone!!

Wsalaam
Khaled

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:34 am

Remember us in your duas, and all the best for the future. Happy days for you :0)

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:42 pm

Good evening everyone on this forum , I don't know if this is the right place to post but in all respect I am still waiting to receive news that my husband has finally received his passport back ,

Please does anyone know roughly how long it takes to receive a passport back with a visa stamped in after winning an appeal? It's been 5 weeks now and now news , there is no way of contacting them I'm getting really sad and impatient now :((

My timeline so far:

- Submitted original spouse visa application in August 2016.

- Application refused in December 2016 ( Refusal reason was over TOIEC/ETS)

- Submitted appeal in January 2017

- Received a letter informing us that ECM review was unsuccessful in March 2017

- Received letter for hearing date in June 2017

- Hearing was in October 2017 , Alhamdulillah everything went postive and the judge cleared my husband's deception blame

- November 2017 we received our official notice we won our appeal

- A few days later Home Office challenged the decision to take us to Upper Tribunal , by asking permission from the first tier tribunal judge

- December 2017 we received a notice saying home office was unsuccessful with their attempt to take matters further

- In the same week we received yet another notice informing us that home office were seeking direct permission from upper tribunal to go further

- January 2018 we received another notice saying home office were unsuccessful, however they still had 14 days to Lodge a judicial review

- Then on February 4th 2018 we finally received an email stating that my husband should submit his passport to his nearest vac in Islambad

- February 6th he submitted his passport , now we are waiting for them to return the passport with visa it's been 5 weeks tomorrow , please can anyone share their experience how long they take to stamp a visa ?

I last saw my husband in April 2016 :( it's been almost 2 years now , I pray that no one goes through what I went through , if u can visit ur spouse I suggest u go back and visit , I hope everyone else's journey are easy and not as stressful as mine

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

Most important thing is you have won the Appeal, you waited 2 years now just wait a little bit more. You have been tested and you passed it so far.

Wont be long now. It can take like 12 weeks for them to give passport back, but there is no time limit. InshaAllah you will hear very soon from Gerrys with passport collection call/sms!

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 am

Hi everyone i have submitted application for the 2md time now for a spouse settlement uk visa for husband as it was refused the 1st time...heres the timeline...
Completed online application on 18th Dec 2018
Biometrics taken 18th Dec
Email confirmation 18th Dec
Supporting documents sent 21st Dec
Signed for on 22nd Dec
7th March husband recieved an email
9th March I had a telephone interview with home office...now awaiting results...was told will be given decision soon...the last email my husband recieved on 7th March has me a bit worried.
.this was the email:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Has anyone else recieved this email...and after how long more would I need to wait....if any1 has an idea plz let me know I've been waiting 12 weeks now I have also heard tht this is the reply most people get when they are running behind or maybe bcoz this is 2nd time applying theres maybe more checks to do thts y?....i don't know....somebody give me some hope....the wait seems never-ending

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 am

waitingindefinitely wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:42 pm
Good evening everyone on this forum , I don't know if this is the right place to post but in all respect I am still waiting to receive news that my husband has finally received his passport back ,

Please does anyone know roughly how long it takes to receive a passport back with a visa stamped in after winning an appeal? It's been 5 weeks now and now news , there is no way of contacting them I'm getting really sad and impatient now :((

My timeline so far:

- Hearing was in October 2017 , Alhamdulillah everything went postive and the judge cleared my husband's deception blame

- A few days later Home Office challenged the decision to take us to Upper Tribunal , by asking permission from the first tier tribunal judge

- December 2017 we received a notice saying home office was unsuccessful with their attempt to take matters further

- In the same week we received yet another notice informing us that home office were seeking direct permission from upper tribunal to go further

- January 2018 we received another notice saying home office were unsuccessful, however they still had 14 days to Lodge a judicial review

- Then on February 4th 2018 we finally received an email stating that my husband should submit his passport to his nearest vac in Islambad

- February 6th he submitted his passport , now we are waiting for them to return the passport with visa it's been 5 weeks tomorrow , please can anyone share their experience how long they take to stamp a visa ?

I last saw my husband in April 2016 :( it's been almost 2 years now , I pray that no one goes through what I went through , if u can visit ur spouse I suggest u go back and visit , I hope everyone else's journey are easy and not as stressful as mine
Hi there
I can imagine how stressful it is for you especially after the appeal but in sha allah hopefully all goes well...i know what ur going through my husband's visa has been refused once n i have a kid as well the last time we visited my husband was December 2016 and its been 12 weeks since submitting application for the 2nd time I am just so worried don't know what I will do if it's refused..
Where is ur husband from and where did u apply from 4 visa
Ur case sounds very complicated maybe get in touch with them

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 am

Prayers r for everyone Who is in waiting list...it's been years that I'm away from my husband...I can understand the pain and level of depression, ones can go through..My biometric submission was on 4th January 2018. And documents submitted 18 January 18. I did not hear any news yet....pray for me as well...as I'm going through a lot of pain..
I'm begging from u all to pray for me ...

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 am

@Khokhar1980 Don't lose hope you still have another 3 weeks before decision is likely to be made.

What is meant to happen will happen. Just because your husband hasn't been granted a visa doesn't necessarily mean its a bad thing. Whatever happens, happens for the best. Perhaps if you husband came earlier you guys would have had issues and you would be in this forum asking how to cancel his visa.

We shouldnt be too hasty wanting something and become inpatient because maybe what we want at that time may have been bad for us.

When his time is right to come here he will be granted a visa InshaAllah. All we can do is have sabbar and make a lot of dua.

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 am
Prayers r for everyone Who is in waiting list...it's been years that I'm away from my husband...I can understand the pain and level of depression, ones can go through..My biometric submission was on 4th January 2018. And documents submitted 18 January 18. I did not hear any news yet....pray for me as well...as I'm going through a lot of pain..
I'm begging from u all to pray for me ...
Give it about 12 weeks mostly likely they will be in touch by then...if not then I think u should contact them in sha allah hope all goes well for everyone...life seems like on hold...and the home office are making it difficult day by day...i pray everyone gets good news in sha allah

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Halisonu5 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 am
Hi everyone i have submitted application for the 2md time now for a spouse settlement uk visa for husband as it was refused the 1st time...heres the timeline...
Signed for on 22nd Dec
9th March I had a telephone interview with home office...now awaiting results...was told will be given decision soon...the last email my husband recieved on 7th March has me a bit worried.
.this was the email:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Has anyone else recieved this email...and after how long more would I need to wait....if any1 has an idea plz let me know I've been waiting 12 weeks now I have also heard tht this is the reply most people get when they are running behind or maybe bcoz this is 2nd time applying theres maybe more checks to do thts y?....i don't know....somebody give me some hope....the wait seems never-ending
I'm in the same situation
We receive the same email
Because the application for a second times they need more time to check
But for a time of decision I saw some people in this form I received everything after 3 months.

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Esi esi wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:21 pm
Halisonu5 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 am
Signed for on 22nd Dec
.this was the email:

I'm in the same situation
We receive the same email
Because the application for a second times they need more time to check
But for a time of decision I saw some people in this form I received everything after 3 months.
Hi what is ur timeline if u don't mind me asking n where did u apply from?
I'm in 2 minds I'm worried but also in my head I think all papers were ok but u never know with home office it could be something really small tht they pick out n refuse for it

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Online Application for Wife and toddler: 15th November 2017
Application Type: Settlement Route Entry Clarence
Biomatric Date: 20th November 2017
Documents sent: 24th November 2017
Documents Return: Second week of December 2017

Not Straight Forward E-mail Received on 06th February 2018. Home OFFICE did not contact applicant/sponsor/employer at all. We inquired on 06th March 2018 through E-mail to check status and requested Escalation.

UKVI replied as "Thank you for the information you have provided.
We escalated your case to the relevant department on 06/03/2018.
You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.
Please allow the 15 working days to pass before contacting UK Visas & Immigration International Contact Centre again should you not receive any further correspondence".

I do not know what is happening, it has been 4 months nearly 80 working days. Worth to mention here that Home Office even did not ask me to pay Child IHS yet. Few people in my situation are told to pay Child IHS already but i am still waiting....... Is anyone in same situation? Its really getting frustrating....

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi guys, I’m really sorry to hear most of you are waiting for a decision.

My wife applied from Bangladesh, it’s been over 6 months and yet still waiting on decision. Email, called and all I have been told was still waiting on decision.

Does anyone know how long more I will be waiting?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:01 am

@UK2018 what is your timeline?

6 months is a long time, did you get any communication at all from Home Office?

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 am

Thbaks for all your responses guys but there really is nothing we can do aside from wait and pray :(

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 am

As many have said in the past the waiting is much harder than the actual process of getting all docs together! I suppose it's because we keep pondering upon what could be can be and will be,.

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 am
As many have said in the past the waiting is much harder than the actual process of getting all docs together! I suppose it's because we keep pondering upon what could be can be and will be,.
Waiting is definitely the worst bit and thank God 4 forums like this...it really helps people before and after applying and for those looking for answers n most people here are on same boat as us so they know exactly what were going through...i just hope and pray 4 everyone may allah swt grant everyone good news very soon in sha allah everybody just keep positive n have faith in allah what he does is for the best...he knows what's best for us and when it is best for us to have it so just pray and read ayats e karma and also wa la hawla wa la qu ata ila bila...it helps through any problems in sha allah

bammargera
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bammargera » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Application made by wife from
New Delhi on 20/11/2017
Documents received back 27/12/2017
57th working day, 12/02/2018 email requesting we send bank statements as couldn’t see my salary credits. No idea what happened, salary plain to see in there, must have failed to copy them before returning to us.
12/02/2018 same day - not straightforward email received
14/02/2018 - we send them requested bank statements by email as instructed
22/02/2018 they escalated our case as no one looked at it. Told would be looked at by 15/03/2018 (today)
Not been looked at. Surprise. Called today, they have re-escalated and said that’s all they can do. Told us they have 15 working days now to look at it. However, we are now 80 working days in. We will be over 90 working days soon putting us in the 1%. Terrible situation to be in and due to no fault of our own as we sent them what they requested from us. Interesting to hear we are not the only ones.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm

@ Halisonu5 With every hardship, there comes ease. We all need to try and be patient as it's all out of our hands and only the All Mighty has control over decisions. :0)

Lifeisadream
United Kingdom

Post by Lifeisadream » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 pm

My timeline so far:

I honestly understand what you are going through. But always remember that god is testing our patience.
I applied in April 2017priority and after 6 month I get Refusal. Appealed October 2017 and still waiting till now. A year of waiting. I'm so depressed that I just stopped praying to God. But my spouse always reminds of the Qur'an Aya. وقال ربكم ادعوني استجب لكم
(40:60) And your Lord says, “Call upon Me; I will respond to you.”

Halisonu5
United Kingdom

Post by Halisonu5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm
@ Halisonu5 With every hardship, there comes ease. We all need to try and be patient as it's all out of our hands and only the All Mighty has control over decisions. :0)
Yes very true sabr has its own rewards n just trust in the almighty that everything happens for the best and thank u for ur kind words means alot at this time

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm

bammargera wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm
Application made by wife from
New Delhi on 20/11/2017
Documents received back 27/12/2017
57th working day, 12/02/2018 email requesting we send bank statements as couldn’t see my salary credits. No idea what happened, salary plain to see in there, must have failed to copy them before returning to us.
12/02/2018 same day - not straightforward email received
14/02/2018 - we send them requested bank statements by email as instructed
22/02/2018 they escalated our case as no one looked at it. Told would be looked at by 15/03/2018 (today)
Not been looked at. Surprise. Called today, they have re-escalated and said that’s all they can do. Told us they have 15 working days now to look at it. However, we are now 80 working days in. We will be over 90 working days soon putting us in the 1%. Terrible situation to be in and due to no fault of our own as we sent them what they requested from us. Interesting to hear we are not the only ones.
Online Application for Wife and toddler: 15th November 2017
Application Type: Settlement Route Entry Clarence
Biomatric Date: 20th November 2017
Documents sent: 24th November 2017
Documents Return: Second week of December 2017

Not Straight Forward E-mail Received on 06th February 2018. Home OFFICE did not contact applicant/sponsor/employer at all. We inquired on 06th March 2018 through E-mail to check status and requested Escalation.

UKVI replied as "Thank you for the information you have provided.
We escalated your case to the relevant department on 06/03/2018.
You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.
Please allow the 15 working days to pass before contacting UK Visas & Immigration International Contact Centre again should you not receive any further correspondence".

I do not know what is happening, it has been 4 months nearly 80 working days. Worth to mention here that Home Office even did not ask me to pay Child IHS yet. Few people in my situation are told to pay Child IHS already but i am still waiting....... Is anyone in same situation? Its really getting frustrating....

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:23 am

Lifeisadream wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 pm

My timeline so far:

I honestly understand what you are going through. But always remember that god is testing our patience.
I applied in April 2017priority and after 6 month I get Refusal. Appealed October 2017 and still waiting till now. A year of waiting. I'm so depressed that I just stopped praying to God. But my spouse always reminds of the Qur'an Aya. وقال ربكم ادعوني استجب لكم
(40:60) And your Lord says, “Call upon Me; I will respond to you.”

Never lose faith in Allah swt , your spouse is right but sometimes we become weak and give up hope and lose faith , that's our real test :/