ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bammargera
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by bammargera » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 am

jamshaid wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:58 pm
bammargera wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm
Application made by wife from
New Delhi on 20/11/2017
Documents received back 27/12/2017
57th working day, 12/02/2018 email requesting we send bank statements as couldn’t see my salary credits. No idea what happened, salary plain to see in there, must have failed to copy them before returning to us.
12/02/2018 same day - not straightforward email received
14/02/2018 - we send them requested bank statements by email as instructed
22/02/2018 they escalated our case as no one looked at it. Told would be looked at by 15/03/2018 (today)
Not been looked at. Surprise. Called today, they have re-escalated and said that’s all they can do. Told us they have 15 working days now to look at it. However, we are now 80 working days in. We will be over 90 working days soon putting us in the 1%. Terrible situation to be in and due to no fault of our own as we sent them what they requested from us. Interesting to hear we are not the only ones.
Online Application for Wife and toddler: 15th November 2017
Application Type: Settlement Route Entry Clarence
Biomatric Date: 20th November 2017
Documents sent: 24th November 2017
Documents Return: Second week of December 2017

Not Straight Forward E-mail Received on 06th February 2018. Home OFFICE did not contact applicant/sponsor/employer at all. We inquired on 06th March 2018 through E-mail to check status and requested Escalation.

UKVI replied as "Thank you for the information you have provided.
We escalated your case to the relevant department on 06/03/2018.
You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.
Please allow the 15 working days to pass before contacting UK Visas & Immigration International Contact Centre again should you not receive any further correspondence".

I do not know what is happening, it has been 4 months nearly 80 working days. Worth to mention here that Home Office even did not ask me to pay Child IHS yet. Few people in my situation are told to pay Child IHS already but i am still waiting....... Is anyone in same situation? Its really getting frustrating....
Where did your wife apply from out of interest?

We are incredibly frustrated. We don’t have any children and so to wait this long based on my extensive research seems extremely unusual. Add to that they claimed they couldn’t see my salary in my bank account when it’s there, twice they set 15 working day deadlines which expired, and now here we are getting on for 90 working days. Writing to my MP next week.

Kanupriya Tewari
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kanupriya Tewari » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am

Hi,
I am still waiting for a decision, 60 working days will be complete on 3rd April.

I wanted to ask, if the Home office call you for an interview, should they have done so by now?

I was told by my lawyer that HO will def call for an interview but still not heard anything yet

Kanu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Kanupriya Tewari wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am
Hi,
I am still waiting for a decision, 60 working days will be complete on 3rd April.

I wanted to ask, if the Home office call you for an interview, should they have done so by now?

I was told by my lawyer that HO will def call for an interview but still not heard anything yet

Kanu
As has been posted many times, not all applicants or sponsors are interviewed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi everybody
Has anyone hear received interview in January or February?

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 am

bammargera wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 am
jamshaid wrote:
bammargera wrote:
New Delhi on 20/11/2017
57th working day, 12/02/2018 email requesting we send bank statements as couldn’t see my salary credits. No idea what happened, salary plain to see in there, must have failed to copy them before returning to us.
22/02/2018 they escalated our case as no one looked at it. Told would be looked at by 15/03/2018 (today)
Not been looked at. Surprise. Called today, they have re-escalated and said that’s all they can do. Told us they have 15 working days now to look at it. However, we are now 80 working days in. We will be over 90 working days soon putting us in the 1%. Terrible situation to be in and due to no fault of our own as we sent them what they requested from us. Interesting to hear we are not the only ones.

Not Straight Forward E-mail Received on 06th February 2018. Home OFFICE did not contact applicant/sponsor/employer at all. We inquired on 06th March 2018 through E-mail to check status and requested Escalation.

You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.
Please allow the 15 working days to pass before contacting UK Visas & Immigration International Contact Centre again should you not receive any further correspondence".

I do not know what is happening, it has been 4 months nearly 80 working days. Worth to mention here that Home Office even did not ask me to pay Child IHS yet. Few people in my situation are told to pay Child IHS already but i am still waiting....... Is anyone in same situation? Its really getting frustrating....

We are incredibly frustrated. We don’t have any children and so to wait this long based on my extensive research seems extremely unusual. Add to that they claimed they couldn’t see my salary in my bank account when it’s there, twice they set 15 working day deadlines which expired, and now here we are getting on for 90 working days. Writing to my MP next week.
We applied from Lahore and we are in 81 working days considering process starts from Biomatric date which was on 20th Nov 2017. UKVI also told us on inquiry that we should be contacted within 15 working days and allow 15 working days to pass before contacting them again. This reply was not helpful at all. I shall re-escalate it after 15 working days as advised and than shall involve my MP. Home Office is charging thousand of Pounds fee for poor services. Either grant it or refuse it. Some Case worker are lazy and come to office to take coffee breaks/ lunch and smoke cigarettes in 7 hours shifts. I am assuming our case is handled by a lazy caseworker. However, there are so many people in our situation waiting for decision.
Last option is to involve MP or probably complaint to Home Office.

bammargera
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bammargera » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:28 pm

jamshaid wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 am
bammargera wrote:
jamshaid wrote:
bammargera wrote:
New Delhi on 20/11/2017

We applied from Lahore and we are in 81 working days considering process starts from Biomatric date which was on 20th Nov 2017. UKVI also told us on inquiry that we should be contacted within 15 working days and allow 15 working days to pass before contacting them again. This reply was not helpful at all. I shall re-escalate it after 15 working days as advised and than shall involve my MP. Home Office is charging thousand of Pounds fee for poor services. Either grant it or refuse it. Some Case worker are lazy and come to office to take coffee breaks/ lunch and smoke cigarettes in 7 hours shifts. I am assuming our case is handled by a lazy caseworker. However, there are so many people in our situation waiting for decision.
We also did biometrics 20 November. Perhaps we have the same case worker lol.

Our reesacalation means next 15 working days is up on 9 April. That’s going to be well over 100 working days for us. I’ve drafted a letter to my MP and I’m sending it on Tuesday if we don’t hear back.

You’re correct about the case workers. They are deliberately under staffed. I’ve spoken to a very frank immigration lawyer and the settlement visa are one of the only levers the government can pull on immigration - given there is no control available over EU immigration and companies have the final say in tier 2-5 visas (though that system is also unnecessarily punitive - again due to the mass European immigration. The search year for non Eu students seeking tier 2 visas being abolished the same month Romania and Bulgaria joined the Eu in 2008 for eg).

How immoral that family members seeking settlement are denied the right to a family life so that Pablo can work in Starbucks. It’s the prejudiced ugly underbelly of the UK - the public are more comfortable with their coffee being made by Pablo than someone from Nigeria or India.

So sadly, the lazy behaviour in Sheffield is incentivised and won’t change.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 am
@Khokhar1980 Don't lose hope you still have another 3 weeks before decision is likely to be made.

What is meant to happen will happen. Just because your husband hasn't been granted a visa doesn't necessarily mean its a bad thing. Whatever happens, happens for the best. Perhaps if you husband came earlier you guys would have had issues and you would be in this forum asking how to cancel his visa.

We shouldnt be too hasty wanting something and become inpatient because maybe what we want at that time may have been bad for us.

When his time is right to come here he will be granted a visa InshaAllah. All we can do is have sabbar and make a lot of dua.

My hubby is in uk n im here in pk.....
50 working days hv been past since biomatric ....prayers r for everyone....whom so ever is away from his/ her loved ones...May Allah create a source for their reunion...(including me)..Amin...sum Amin

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:30 pm

To be fair to pablo he has the right to work in star bucks so he is exercising it. Delays to non-eea can also be justified by them in term opinions by stating that they need to be extra careful when making decision due to sham marriages etc, alot of people coming to UK as partners and only to break up, or even have the clear intention to come here to pass boarders then leave this partner. Its the genuine couples and people who suffer. It's sad family being torn apart.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:38 pm

If this topics continues on its current 'moaning' path against EU citizens, then it will be locked.

This topic has grudgingly been tolerated and it won't take much to lock it for good. Suggest stick to to the heading of Still waiting for a decision on spouse visas from OUTSIDE the UK.

A point to note that it is not only spouse visas that are facing long delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waitingindefinitely
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waitingindefinitely » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:46 am

CR001 I don't understand why you have to act and sound so bitter towards us :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:56 am

waitingindefinitely wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:46 am
CR001 I don't understand why you have to act and sound so bitter towards us :(
I am not. It is frustrating, time consuming and difficult to moderate all these chit chat topics that start of with really good intentions and then veers off onto a ridiculous path. There are only a very small number of mods for ALL the sub forums, it is not only spouse visas where this problem occurs.

Have a look at this one, linked below, that started as a timeline topic only and ended up being 1277 pages of low value chit chat, then perhaps you will understand.

immigration-for-family-members/spousal- ... 25520.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 am

Application submitted: 18th September 2017 VFS Sylhet Bangladesh
Biometrics provided: same day as application
Confirmation from Sheffield: 21st September 2017 via email
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : 17 November 2017
Case not straightforward email: 5 December 2017 & 15 December 2017
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) : 16 & 17 & 20 December 2017 (3 times)
Emailed UK Visa contact centre: 20 February 2018, replied awaiting decision.
Called UK Visa contact centre: 10 March 2018, told to email passport number etc of applicant so it will get escalated.
Contacted from UK visa contact centre: email received 14 March 2018 confirming application escalated and will here within 15 working days.
Contacted with 'decision made' : No
Contacted for Collection : No
Collection made : NA
Decision of Application : NA

Hi, above is my time line for settlement visa, it’s been over 6 months and I’m still waiting... any one else on the same boat as me? Is this usual? I’m lost and have no idea what to do next apart from waiting until the 15 working days has passed.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:12 am

It took 2 months to return documents, did you send to PO BOX? Are you applying with more than 1 job? I ask because you were called 3 times.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:58 pm

jamshaid wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 am
bammargera wrote:
jamshaid wrote:
bammargera wrote:
New Delhi on 20/11/2017

hi jamshaid

can you plz tell me how u creat two application in same login for wife and child and also u send all documents in same parcel to ukvi and fee for prority only ur wife or both paid saprate plz can u help me in this issu and going to apply

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm

@ Naz Khan

My solicitor did applications for us.
My wife applied as Spouse of settled person and son applied as wife dependent. Two Online applications were filled up and two GWF numbers are issued for each applicant. Separate payment has made against each GWF.
Both Application are sent to same UKVI address in Sheffield. Wife IHS payment was made at time of application however HO system shows child IHS is exempt AND THIS happens due to bug in system but HO does ask for it at later stage.
In my case it has been over 4 months but HO did not ask me to pay for Child IHS yet which seem unusual.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Just received an email..that my case is not straight frwd.
Really worried ....after how long i will receive decision now????
Aby help or sugestion ll b highly appreciated ...

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:04 pm

jamshaid wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm
@ Naz Khan

My solicitor did applications for us.
My wife applied as Spouse of settled person and son applied as wife dependent. Two Online applications were filled up and two GWF numbers are issued for each applicant. Separate payment has made against each GWF.
Both Application are sent to same UKVI address in Sheffield. Wife IHS payment was made at time of application however HO system shows child IHS is exempt AND THIS happens due to bug in system but HO does ask for it at later stage.
In my case it has been over 4 months but HO did not ask me to pay for Child IHS yet which seem unusual.
one more question make login ones and filled two saprate application for ur wife anmd child and fee pay also same way in ones togather and all orignal documents send same parceil and u put saprate bages in one parcel all ur wife oragnal and kids birth certificate in one packet and other photo copys in saprate can u explain it its easy for me to understand and also important question appendix 2 for ur wife and and kid also saprate and appendix 2 some question regading main applicat so u leav it black in ur kids appendix 2 or what u did

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:40 pm
When did you apply?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Esi esi wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:10 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:40 pm
When did you apply?
Useful to look at a members previous posts!!

immigration-for-family-members/document ... l#p1586301
immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1602825
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:57 pm
Application category. Spouce (wife)
Priirity/non priority. Non priority
Biometric. 4th January 2018 ( Islamabad)
Document submitted. 18 January 2018 ( shiefield)
Documents returned. 2nd Feb 2018 to lawyer.
Result. ..... still waiting....
Best of luck everyone who is in waiting list ...
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:19 pm

I had applied on 4th anuary 2018. Non priority.
Does this email means refusal?????
Pls guide.im totally out of my mind right now...rxtremely scared and down...pls help...Allah ll help u...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:19 pm
Pls guide.im totally out of my mind right now...rxtremely scared and down...pls help...Allah ll help u...
No it does not mean a 'refusal'. It is a standard email, many applicants get it and merely means your application will take longer than normal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks alot...
I was about to crash...thanks alot once again ...for giving me hope...my hubby was also too upset...thx alot Cr001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 pm
Thanks alot...
I was about to crash...thanks alot once again ...for giving me hope...my hubby was also too upset...thx alot Cr001
Stay positive :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:19 pm
No that is not meaning refusal.
It's means they need more time.
It's your application first time or this is the second time you are applying?

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:58 pm

My application is first time. But in 2012 i had applied fr asylum .reason for asylum was that i m in relationship with my present hubby but they didnt accept my relation and refused my asylum and in 2014 we married as per uk law and he applied for my spouce visa in ireland as family of eu citizen in 2015. But in 2016 we withdraw due to brexit and my hubby came back to uk from ireland . Then in 2018 we applied fr uk . Now still waiting. My lawyer told me that im in nikah of same person with whom i had applied for asylum so it is strong case that u guys genuinely want to stay togather. So i was hopeful about case. But this email really made me shocked