ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:28 am

Dont be so shocked. I have seen people receive this not straightforward email and then 2 days later a decision made. Where is your husband right now?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

He is in uk ...british national ...havinv awsome income as he is self employed...

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am

Hello everyone

I applied in 18 September 2017, 1st week of December 2017 got 2 email saying case not straightforward.
home office contacted my husband 3 times I. December asking same questions, each time they called it lasted 20-30mins.
After waiting another 2 months in February 2018 I sent email costing £5.87, day later they replied it is waiting decision. They also asked for my passport number, date of birth etc. I found it a bit weird cause they already have details. On 12 March I called them, they told me still waiting decision. I tell them why still waiting decision, it has been 121 working days (6 months). She said we sent you email asking for further details such as passport number etc why you don’t provide them, I say you should have in record. She say that they only have ref number and no other details as the are third party working for the home office, she say reply to the email with requested info and we will escalate your case. Call lasted 2min. Straight away I send details. On 14 March I receive email from them saying by 04 April I should here from home office. Today I got email from home office.

They apologise for the delay as they were busy however my application is now going thru final processing and will let me know ASAP.

Is anyone else here waiting as long as me, does anyone know how long the final processing takes?

I’m really angry with the delay

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 am

Hi

Our application in 4 mont
Anybody knows how long after phone call interview usually they make a decision?

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:23 am

My husband didnt receive any phone call at all but i received email of complicated case....will they call my hubby ??????

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:30 am

naz khan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:04 pm
jamshaid wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm
@ Naz Khan

My solicitor did applications for us.
My wife applied as Spouse of settled person and son applied as wife dependent. Two Online applications were filled up and two GWF numbers are issued for each applicant. Separate payment has made against each GWF.
Both Application are sent to same UKVI address in Sheffield. Wife IHS payment was made at time of application however HO system shows child IHS is exempt AND THIS happens due to bug in system but HO does ask for it at later stage.
In my case it has been over 4 months but HO did not ask me to pay for Child IHS yet which seem unusual.
one more question make login ones and filled two saprate application for ur wife anmd child and fee pay also same way in ones togather and all orignal documents send same parceil and u put saprate bages in one parcel all ur wife oragnal and kids birth certificate in one packet and other photo copys in saprate can u explain it its easy for me to understand and also important question appendix 2 for ur wife and and kid also saprate and appendix 2 some question regading main applicat so u leav it black in ur kids appendix 2 or what u did
one more question make login ones and filled two saprate application for ur wife anmd child and fee pay also same way in ones togather and all orignal documents send same parceil and u put saprate bages in one parcel all ur wife oragnal and kids birth certificate in one packet and other photo copys in saprate can u explain it its easy for me to understand and also important question appendix 2 for ur wife and and kid also saprate and appendix 2 some question regading main applicat so u leav it black in ur kids appendix 2 or what u did
[/quote]

My solicitor filled up two appendix 2 form for each as well, Typed a single cover letter and mentioned both applicants and circumstances with detailed of all documents enclosed.
2 appendix form for each
2 online application form for each
2 separate payments for each applicant against different GWF numbers
2 Separate IHS applications
1 cover letter for both applicants
Put all forms and supporting documents into one Envelop and send them off to Sheffield as one bundle. That's how two applications are linked to each other and HO consider them as one family application.

Yesterday i received an E-mail from UKVI decision making Center (Caseworker) in which they said

"application is currently delayed as we are awaiting for the IHS payment link to the child in application and i have requested our IHS department to send you a payment link for this".

It is bit encouraging to learn HO did not forget us as we applied on 15th November 2017 and received "Not Straightforward E-mail" on 06th February 2018. I heard on this form if HO asks for IHS payment which probably means that VISA is most likely to approve soon. So we are keeping our finger crossed.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am

@ khokar1980.. they might call him, I think the only reason the contact my husband is cause they could not get thru to his employer but they stop calling when they spoke to his employer. My husband works as an assistant chef for a restaurant who only open at 5pm and hone office kept calling before they were open. On the 3rd time they call my husband they ask him why they do t answer, my husband said they only answer phone during business hour 5pm-1am

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am

@ Khokhar1980 why are you so worried. You are in much better position than many others - your in UK and your husband is earning "awesome income" as you stated, and also you are both are together near each other.

Time to relax a little and have sabbar. There are people in way worse situation than you, whose husbands and wives are 1000's miles apart. Have some Sabbar and InshaAllah you will hear some good news very soon.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 am

Londoner007 »Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:36 pm

@ Khokhar1980 why are you so worried. You are in much better position than many others - your in UK and your husband is earning "awesome income" as you stated, and also you are both are together near each other. 

Time to relax a little and have sabbar. There are people in way worse situation than you, whose husbands and wives are 1000's miles apart. Have some Sabbar and InshaAllah you will hear some good news very soon.

I think i couldnt explain it properly...im not in uk...im in pakistan...my hubby is in uk...and we r trying to b togather since 2014. First we applied in ireland but Brexit happened.and ..after one n half year we withdraw our case from ireland..
We were very much hopeful for uk this time.but again ....
Pls pray for me...and lot of prayer for everyone...

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:44 am

@ esi esi... if you read my thread, it’s 4 months since they have interviewed my husband over Phone and we are still waiting for a decision. I am in Bangladesh and my husband in UK

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:46 am

Do you have any children together?
What was you immigration status before you left and how did you enter UK before you met your husband?

You've just said asylum in 2012 and no other information so hard to say much really.

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:49 am

jamshaid wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:30 am
naz khan wrote:
jamshaid wrote:
@ Naz Khan

My wife applied as Spouse of settled person and son applied as wife dependent. Two Online applications were filled up and two GWF numbers are issued for each applicant. Separate payment has made against each GWF.
Both Application are sent to same UKVI address in Sheffield. Wife IHS payment was made at time of application however HO system shows child IHS is exempt AND THIS happens due to bug in system but HO does ask for it at later stage.
In my case it has been over 4 months but HO did not ask me to pay for Child IHS yet which seem unusual.
My solicitor filled up two appendix 2 form for each as well, Typed a single cover letter and mentioned both applicants and circumstances with detailed of all documents enclosed.
2 appendix form for each
Put all forms and supporting documents into one Envelop and send them off to Sheffield as one bundle. That's how two applications are linked to each other and HO consider them as one family application.

Yesterday i received an E-mail from UKVI decision making Center (Caseworker) in which they said

"application is currently delayed as we are awaiting for the IHS payment link to the child in application and i have requested our IHS department to send you a payment link for this".

It is bit encouraging to learn HO did not forget us as we applied on 15th November 2017 and received "Not Straightforward E-mail" on 06th February 2018. I heard on this form if HO asks for IHS payment which probably means that VISA is most likely to approve soon. So we are keeping our finger crossed.
[/quote]

Hi
That is very good news if they ask for IHS fee.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:50 am

Jamshaid you have been very patient I hope you get a positive decision very soon and are reunited with your wife and child InshaAllah.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:56 am

I can see some members are replying to individual questions of other members by highlighting and or their message appears highlighted along side a question or answer.

How do you do that?

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:46 am
Do you have any children together?
What was you immigration status before you left and how did you enter UK before you met your husband?

You've just said asylum in 2012 and no other information so hard to say much really.
No we dont bear children togather.
I was removed from uk not depirted after asylum claim was refused.once we claim.asylum previous status of visa get cancelled..
I entered in uk in 2010 on student visa. I knew him since 2006 but first time i met him on 2010 in person.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:08 am

Here’s my time line

Online application completed: 18 August 2017
Fees, documents handed: 18 September 2017 at VFS sylhet Bangladesh.
Sheffield received: 20 September 2017
Documents returned: 15 October 2017
Email from Sheffield: 1st December 2017 case not straight forward. Again 7 December case not straightforward.
Sheffield contacts Hubby. 10 December 2017, 15 December 2017 & 18 December 2017
Emailed UKVI: 18 February 2018 for status
Reply from UKVI: 19 February 2018 status awaiting decision, also requesting passport number etc
Called UKVI: 12 March 2018, Status awaiting decision, told to supply details as requested 19 Feb 2018 email.
Emailed details: 12 March 2018
UKVI replies: 13 March 2018 case escalated and should here from home office by 4 April 2018
Sheffield contacts: 19 March 2018, apologising for the delay caused, application currently going thru final processing, will let me know ASAP once decision made. (No specific date).

Does that mean I may be waiting another month, 2 month or another 6month?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am

So between 2012 and until removal you had no immigration status within UK i am presuming, as by then your student visa probably expired. They may ask why did you get married when you had no immigration status or lawful rights of residence in UK. Also, under which grounds did you apply for Asylum? They may think from a student you suddenly became a Asylum.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 am

I have also realised that it is best to send them an email which will cost £5.87 ( first email) however after you get a reply you can communicate with them via the reply email and there is no additional charge.

But every time you call them you will have to pay per minute.

Thought I would let those know whom are not aware of it... so if you have waited more then 60 days, email them.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:21 am

@UK2018 Very strange its been more than 6 months. Was this a straightforward application or was there any underlying issues. I.e previous refusal, marriage etc. What type of employment did you use?

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am
So between 2012 and until removal you had no immigration status within UK i am presuming, as by then your student visa probably expired. They may ask why did you get married when you had no immigration status or lawful rights of residence in UK. Also, under which grounds did you apply for Asylum? They may think from a student you suddenly became a Asylum.

I came in 2010 on student.
Was never without visa.
Applied for visa extension and after some time when file was in homeoffice..applied for asylum.
Base of asylum was my husband was british national ( his parents were from hyderabad indian muslims).
We did nikah in 2011 in london in mosque. When we applied asylum in 2012 we attached pics ..nikah nama...letter from Imam of mosque ..but ukba refused everything tmby saying that this marriage is not registered under uk law. That time we couldnt coz my husband previous divorce case was in court. And i was removed back to pakistan. In 2013 his divorce got completed. And we married again in 2014 as per uk law. And applied for ireland .after one and half year of wait in ireland ...withdrawn case due to Brexit. And now applied in uk in january 2018.

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 am

jamshaid wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:30 am
naz khan wrote:
jamshaid wrote:
@ Naz Khan

2 appendix form for each

[/quote]

yes thats a good news i am 100% sure u will resive visa soon inshallah
thanks for full explanation for how yyou applied and sorry one thing i read in ukvi web is

The documents should be arranged in this order:
Application form and Appendix 2
English language evidence
Relationship documents
Maintenance documents
Accommodation documents
and tb tes put in last or where and u put all formes ones and than other documents in same way or in last one thing i read in ur privouse post ur visa was refuse so why they refuse in priviouse application can u tell me what u did mistake or ho not clear

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Since 2012 he is taking care of my finacially...coz he doesnt allow me for job. And my parents have passed away years back..living with a younger sis who is studying and dependent on me ...i have attached entire proofs of money since 2012..telephone calls...trips we made togather ...and whatever i was havinv on me...

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

@ Khokhar1980 May Allah make it easy for you. I hope your visa gets approved.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 am

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am
Londoner007 wrote:
Since 2012 he is taking care of my finacially...coz he doesnt allow me for job. And my parents have passed away years back..living with a younger sis who is studying and dependent on me ...i have attached entire proofs of money since 2012..telephone calls...trips we made togather ...and whatever i was havinv on me...
The problem is they wouldn't really care too much about money here more, they will care more about your immigration history and being married within UK. Your relationship is without a doubt strong and your solicitor is right, BUT HomeOffice will look if it was strong lawfully?

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm

@london007

We first applied in 2016, visa got refused due to my husbands finacial circumstances.. my husband has 2 jobs, they said it did not meet the £18500 requirement though we appealed which took a year for hearing. The hearing took place in July 2017, the court agreed saying the at the time of the application we did not provide covering letter from 2nd employer hence the ECO decision was correct and told us to reapply.

So we reapplied again. We received to email saying not straight forward following 3 calls from HO to my husband asking same questions with regards his employment, however on the 3rd call they ended the phone asking why the restaurant doesn’t answer the phone, whereas my husband informed them that the restaurant is open for business between 5pm-1am in between this time they will answer.

Even though we applied previously I don’t think they should take over 6months.

But now I recieved email from HO saying

“Thank you for your enquiry.
Please accept our apologies for the delay caused due to our busy period.
Your application is in the final processing stages, we are continuing to work on it and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Don’t know how long that will now take..