ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khdmca
Newly Registered

Post by khdmca » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Here is good news that today I have received biometrics letters from UKBA depicting date 26-06-2012 on these letters.

khdmca wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied with (Set O) on the 27/04/2012 under HSMP JR, acknowledgement letter received 14/05/2012 dated 11/05/2012, until now haven't receive biometrics letter. Can any body may convey that how long UKBA take to send biometrics letter?

Regards

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Grand... where did your BM letter came from? and where your acknowledgement letter came from?

I've applied 13/04 and money was taken on 24/04, but no sign of BM letter yet... should be around the corner...

khdmca wrote:Here is good news that today I have received biometrics letters from UKBA depicting date 26-06-2012 on these letters.

khdmca wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied with (Set O) on the 27/04/2012 under HSMP JR, acknowledgement letter received 14/05/2012 dated 11/05/2012, until now haven't receive biometrics letter. Can any body may convey that how long UKBA take to send biometrics letter?

Regards

VASEY

ILR APPLICATION

Post by VASEY » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:15 am

Applied on the 1st of March 2012 using settlement checking service, money was taken out straight away, I got my dates wrong and previously posted applied 1 week earlier.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

I received my Biometric today but the date on the letter is 09 June 12 and it says "you should take your Biometrics with 15 days from the date of this letter otherwise your application may be rejected as invalid"

So its almost 24 days since the date of letter printed out but they never bother to post it , What should I do now ?

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 am

mustang390 wrote:I received my Biometric today but the date on the letter is 09 June 12 and it says "you should take your Biometrics with 15 days from the date of this letter otherwise your application may be rejected as invalid"

So its almost 24 days since the date of letter printed out but they never bother to post it , What should I do now ?
Did you try your local participating post office to have your BM done?

I just came off the phone with the UKBA.... and I'm very very very ANGRY.

I was just told that they don't have any records of my application as yet. They don't even find the reference number they sent me on the acknowledgement letter.... WTH is this?

LifeinUK
Newly Registered

ILR SET (O) postal application waiting time

Post by LifeinUK » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Applied for ILR for myself (5 yrs continous employment in UK, same employer, work permit 2 yrs, Tier 2 (SW) for next 3 yrs) and dependant spouse (PhD student, in UK for 4 yrs), no criminal conviction:

Application received by UKBA: 23rd Feb 2012
Application fee taken out: 26th Feb
Acknowledgement Letter received: 28th Feb (posted 24th Feb)

ILR granted: 25th June
Received passports and all documents by Second Class Recorded Delivery: 29th June

Total wait time: Just over 4 months.

Tips:

It is worthwhile to write to your local MP (give a google search, go to the website of the person, see if they have any proforma for visa-related complaints). In my case, after waiting for 3 months, I sent a letter to my local MP (by post, preferable) alongwith UKBA acknowledgement letter, and completed casework form. She responded within a week saying that her office has contacted UKBA and waiting for response. After waiting for two weeks, I enquired again and received a prompt reply (email) this time that UKBA can confirm that my application has been processed and is on post. They also gave me the Recorded Delivery tracking number.

Thanks to everyone in the various forums for their post as it helped me a lot in my days of agonizing wait. Good luck to all.

ed_1980

Re: ILR SET (O) postal application waiting time

Post by ed_1980 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:26 pm

LifeinUK wrote:Applied for ILR for myself (5 yrs continous employment in UK, same employer, work permit 2 yrs, Tier 2 (SW) for next 3 yrs) and dependant spouse (PhD student, in UK for 4 yrs), no criminal conviction:

Received passports and all documents by Second Class Recorded Delivery: 29th June

Tips:

It is worthwhile to write to your local MP (give a google search, go to the website of the person, see if they have any proforma for visa-related complaints). In my case, after waiting for 3 months, I sent a letter to my local MP (by post, preferable) alongwith UKBA acknowledgement letter, and completed casework form. She responded within a week saying that her office has contacted UKBA and waiting for response. After waiting for two weeks, I enquired again and received a prompt reply (email) this time that UKBA can confirm that my application has been processed and is on post. They also gave me the Recorded Delivery tracking number.

Thanks to everyone in the various forums for their post as it helped me a lot in my days of agonizing wait. Good luck to all.
Congrats.

We shouldn't have to write to MPs. The process should just work. In fact it irritates me that UKBA would expedite anybody's application due to an MP chasing them. They should be striving to be efficient and fair to all applications. Expediting some applications only slows the progress of those before them in the queue.

I understand there are situations where you want to speed it up. I'm attempting to buy a house right now - residency would be really handy - but I'm not going to push the MP button out of respect for the process.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Did you try your local participating post office to have your BM done?

I was just told that they don't have any records of my application as yet. They don't even find the reference number they sent me on the acknowledgement letter.... WTH is this?[/quote]

I think they had some System problem as usual so try calling them again....

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin1406 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 am

ed_1980 wrote:
LifeinUK wrote:Applied for ILR for myself (5 yrs continous employment in UK, same employer, work permit 2 yrs, Tier 2 (SW) for next 3 yrs) and dependant spouse (PhD student, in UK for 4 yrs), no criminal conviction:

Tips:

Congrats.

We shouldn't have to write to MPs. The process should just work. In fact it irritates me that UKBA would expedite anybody's application due to an MP chasing them. They should be striving to be efficient and fair to all applications. Expediting some applications only slows the progress of those before them in the queue.

I understand there are situations where you want to speed it up. I'm attempting to buy a house right now - residency would be really handy - but I'm not going to push the MP button out of respect for the process.
It depends on the urgency, we cannot just keep quiet and do nothing apart from waiting where there is no scope to wait due to personal urgency, atleast if UKBA is approachable to provide the status, external people interference could cut down to large extent but there is no one to listen our urgency and no guaranteed deadline to our applications. We do not even know if they have sent the passport back and missing somewhere..As long as the service is this bad, new thoughts keep coming to people who are suffering...

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 am

ed_1980 wrote: Congrats.

@ ed_1980

I don't know how long you lived in the UK, I have for almost 10 years...

- I have paid hundreds of thousands of pounds as various tax
- I did not receive a penny as benefit
- I'm desperately waiting to buy a house, my offer has accepted unconditionally, this is my 4th bid but all previous 3 failed due to the condition of my Visa / Passport
- I have served this country by founding 3 charities and pumping millions of pounds to community projects
- I'm working 18 hours a day, 10 office an the other 8 for the country
- I've provided jobs for 3 people
- I was ready to pay the premium for one day service
- I was turned away just because I'm self employed
- I'm told that UKBA has no reference of my application after waiting for 3 months
- I'm desperate, angry and hopeless
- Thousands of illegal immigrants take benefits from the tax I and many of here paid
- All the Terrorists including the Tamil LTTE have Carnivals in the parks and in the roads in this country and the Police spend millions of pounds from the money we paid
- UKBA tells me don't call us until you reach 6 months
- Not received a BMRP appointment after 3 months

I wish I claimed Asylum 10 years ago and so many I know and who did so 3 years ago got the British Passport now. They haven't done 1% of what I have done to this country and the world and they are free birds. No bad feelings for them, but surely for the Government and their blind policies.

You are telling me to wait another <how many> months and now you tell me who is helpless here and where is that FAIR System and the Process exists?

Shame !

Lost-in-transition
Newly Registered

LifeinUK

Post by Lost-in-transition » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:28 am

Congratulations!! At least your wait is over, but do you think contacting your MP really helped?? I haven't done either an expedite or contacted my MP, didn't want to Jump the queue, but waiting is really painful and worried that documents may get lost if I am not aware that the packet has been posted.

Where did you get your Visa stamped from, was it Sheffield or Liverpool. Please post as it will make the waiting times clearer! :cry:

dsbos

Re: LifeinUK

Post by dsbos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:37 am

Lost-in-transition wrote:Congratulations!! At least your wait is over, but do you think contacting your MP really helped?? I haven't done either an expedite or contacted my MP, didn't want to Jump the queue, but waiting is really painful and worried that documents may get lost if I am not aware that the packet has been posted.

Where did you get your Visa stamped from, was it Sheffield or Liverpool. Please post as it will make the waiting times clearer! :cry:
Worth doing it if you are desperate, i.e. pending on the passport to get something important done.

I wrote to my MP and told she contacted them and wait for 4 weeks to hear from them. I'm 2 weeks on. If I hear anything good, I'll post it here.

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

ILR Set (O) Processing

Post by ILtoWait » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I've been following this forum with interest, having recently submitted my application. However, it seems I've hit my first delay.... should I be concerned that payment hasn't yet been taken?

Timeline:
Submitted application 19th June
Received acknowledgement letter dated 21st June

As of today (4th July) payment still has not been taken.

We were careful to double (and triple) check these details on the application form, so that shouldn't be the problem. But having looked over the timelines of previous posts here it seems like everyone has the fee taken within a few days of submission.

Any insights would be appreciated!

dsbos

Re: ILR Set (O) Processing

Post by dsbos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:59 pm

ILtoWait wrote:Hi All,

I've been following this forum with interest, having recently submitted my application. However, it seems I've hit my first delay.... should I be concerned that payment hasn't yet been taken?

Timeline:
Submitted application 19th June
Received acknowledgement letter dated 21st June

As of today (4th July) payment still has not been taken.

We were careful to double (and triple) check these details on the application form, so that shouldn't be the problem. But having looked over the timelines of previous posts here it seems like everyone has the fee taken within a few days of submission.

Any insights would be appreciated!
Usually the date of the Acknowledgement is the date of the payment taken. But this is very strange... as the first thing they would do is take the money.

Only thing I can suggest is you may have marked the wrong amount to be taken or the payment method you marked is not working (like you gone over your Credit Limit or no sufficient funds in your bank account, etc)

But I may be wrong...

After all, you may get your ILR free of charge, so don't call and ask them "why didn't you charge me" :D

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Post by ILtoWait » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks for the quick post dsbos.

I'd like to think I may get a free application but I'm much more worried that in about 3 months time (when they finally get round to sending it back) I'll get a covering letter saying payment was rejected and my application returned.

Then I'll be back to square one.

The amount marked for payment was as per their guidance for a main applicant and one dependant and there's def no problem with the card limit... so it does appear to be an odd case.

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:20 pm

ILtoWait wrote:Thanks for the quick post dsbos.

I'd like to think I may get a free application but I'm much more worried that in about 3 months time (when they finally get round to sending it back) I'll get a covering letter saying payment was rejected and my application returned.

Then I'll be back to square one.

The amount marked for payment was as per their guidance for a main applicant and one dependant and there's def no problem with the card limit... so it does appear to be an odd case.
Call them and ask for an update of your Biometric appointment. Then you will have a chance to put your question to them.

I phoned them yesterday to find out they can't find my records after 3 months...

bond123

Post by bond123 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 pm

mustang390 wrote:Did you try your local participating post office to have your BM done?

I was just told that they don't have any records of my application as yet. They don't even find the reference number they sent me on the acknowledgement letter.... WTH is this?
I think they had some System problem as usual so try calling them again....[/quote]

mustang,
the following details I found on Postoffice website, please email on below, I thought it might be helpful to you. otherwise call them on 0870 number

What happens if I cannot enrol my biometrics?
If you have a valid reason for not enrolling your biometrics within 15 working days, then you must email Appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk setting out the reason(s) why you are unable to enrol your biometrics.

oumachi
Newly Registered

ILR set(M)

Post by oumachi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Finally long waiting is over ........... :) I want to share my timeline

Application sent : 08/03/12
Biometric letter received : 30/04/12 done same day
Biometric card and document : 04/07/12

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Re: ILR set(M)

Post by SingaporeGirl » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:29 pm

oumachi wrote:Finally long waiting is over ........... :) I want to share my timeline

Wonderful oumachi! This is great news - all of us who applied in March can now see a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel!

RajuT

Post by RajuT » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:44 pm

oumachi wrote:Finally long waiting is over ........... :) I want to share my timeline

wow...

march applicants are waiting, me too in the list....congrats to u

all who waiting....all d best :)

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:19 pm

That is great news, Oumachi!

Although I just can't understand the logic or process of UKBA though - I had my Biometrics done on March 30th and still waiting; you received your letter and did Biometrics on 30th April and have your passport back before me - I don't get it!! (Although I am very happy for you, Oumahci!!!)

Trying to keep positive about the whole thing but just having one of those days... :(

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:44 pm

bond123 wrote:
mustang390 wrote:Did you try your local participating post office to have your BM done?

I think they had some System problem as usual so try calling them again....
mustang,
the following details I found on Postoffice website, please email on below, I thought it might be helpful to you. otherwise call them on 0870 number

What happens if I cannot enrol my biometrics?
If you have a valid reason for not enrolling your biometrics within 15 working days, then you must email Appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk setting out the reason(s) why you are unable to enrol your biometrics.[/quote]

Thanks I called them this morning and they said the Letter they sent might have a wrong date so you give your Biometric details anyway... So I did it today hope they won't make any fuss about it and I think they shud get an OSCAR AWARD for their customer service.

bump

Post by bump » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:47 pm

dsbos wrote:
I wish I claimed Asylum 10 years ago and so many I know and who did so 3 years ago got the British Passport now. They haven't done 1% of what I have done to this country and the world and they are free birds. No bad feelings for them, but surely for the Government and their blind policies.
I still come to this forum as a habit now. I agree with you. Cant believe how nicely they treat bogus asylum seekers and immigration law breakers. they let them in to the society so they can work illegally and drive without license/insurance and kill innocent people.

AussieSetO
Newly Registered

Royal Mail

Post by AussieSetO » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:18 am

Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to get their ILR approved!

What happens if you're not at home when they come with your approved ILR? Do they leave a slip for you to collect it from your local post office?

Thanks!

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Royal Mail

Post by sufferhead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 am

AussieSetO wrote:Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to get their ILR approved!

What happens if you're not at home when they come with your approved ILR? Do they leave a slip for you to collect it from your local post office?

Thanks!

Yes, but some postmen don't care they could just drop your recorded letter with norman letter.
nothing united in United Nation.