ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

littlebits
Newly Registered

Entrapment

Post by littlebits » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 am

I discovered this forum a few months' ago when I was attempting to decipher ILR waiting times from the UK Border Office's website - without success.
Every Friday that comes about my husband and I lament at yet another week without my visa. We have now been waiting for 14 weeks for what should have been a straightforward application. I am appalled by the obstructive nature of this department and their total insensitivity when it comes to the importance of keeping people informed. As an applicant, you just want to know that everything is okay and be offered some degree of certainty that your application is being processed. I just can't fathom the logic of sitting around waiting for such an important document, an Identity Card, to one day just arrive in the post! This dept appears to have more faith in the postal system than anyone else in this country.
Psychologically I am finding this application process to be a real emotional drain and I feel trapped. My mother is seriously ill and I want to be with her but until I have this visa, I cannot leave - unless we waste the money spent (which we cannot afford), plus I don't think that I could bear going through this gruelling (and limbo-like) wait again. This has been a long and expensive journey and there is no value for money. Customer service is nonexistent (in regards to this dept it is an oxymoron) and you are made to feel like a criminal because you had the audacity to fall in love with a Brit.
I am also outraged that forums, like this one, are the only support offered for people trying to navigate their way through their visa application.
If this reads like a rant - it is because it is - until I have this visa in hand, I feel quite dumbstruck, so this is my outlet. Tomorrow is Friday, maybe the Gods will shine on us but if not, i will return to this forum when/if this Identity Card ever eventuates. Of course, if it it does - we still have the passport hoop to go through next ...

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Re: ILR set(M)

Post by ashwin1406 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:56 am

oumachi wrote:Finally long waiting is over ........... :) I want to share my timeline

Application sent : 08/03/12
Biometric letter received : 30/04/12 done same day
Biometric card and document : 04/07/12

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!
Congrats Mate, Seems like you applied through Set M application. Set Ms are taking considerably less time for processing than SET O.

UKwannabee

Re: Entrapment

Post by UKwannabee » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Amen! Every Friday rolls around and my tummy is in stitches just waiting to see if 'today's the day!' and so disappointed each week when it doesn't show up. I'm 17 weeks and waiting....trying to keep positive - at least we all have each other through all of this!
x
littlebits wrote:I discovered this forum a few months' ago when I was attempting to decipher ILR waiting times from the UK Border Office's website - without success.
Every Friday that comes about my husband and I lament at yet another week without my visa. We have now been waiting for 14 weeks for what should have been a straightforward application. I am appalled by the obstructive nature of this department and their total insensitivity when it comes to the importance of keeping people informed. As an applicant, you just want to know that everything is okay and be offered some degree of certainty that your application is being processed. I just can't fathom the logic of sitting around waiting for such an important document, an Identity Card, to one day just arrive in the post! This dept appears to have more faith in the postal system than anyone else in this country.
Psychologically I am finding this application process to be a real emotional drain and I feel trapped. My mother is seriously ill and I want to be with her but until I have this visa, I cannot leave - unless we waste the money spent (which we cannot afford), plus I don't think that I could bear going through this gruelling (and limbo-like) wait again. This has been a long and expensive journey and there is no value for money. Customer service is nonexistent (in regards to this dept it is an oxymoron) and you are made to feel like a criminal because you had the audacity to fall in love with a Brit.
I am also outraged that forums, like this one, are the only support offered for people trying to navigate their way through their visa application.
If this reads like a rant - it is because it is - until I have this visa in hand, I feel quite dumbstruck, so this is my outlet. Tomorrow is Friday, maybe the Gods will shine on us but if not, i will return to this forum when/if this Identity Card ever eventuates. Of course, if it it does - we still have the passport hoop to go through next ...

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Expedition Services..

Post by ashwin1406 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Guys, any idea about www.ukimmigrationbarristers.com ?? As I need to make an emergency travel soon, I approached them to find out the ways for expediting my Set O application, They say depending on my urgency, they can chase for application status and also request to get passports back without withdrawing the application but just holding the process. They also said they will arrange temporary visa to come back to UK then resuming the application process by resending the passports back to UKBA. How genuine is it sounding??? I feel it is an hassle but currently its very urgent for me to get my passports back. Please advise if any idea....

SingaporeGirl
Newly Registered

Post by SingaporeGirl » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:15 pm

littlebits wrote:I discovered this forum a few months' ago when I was attempting to decipher ILR waiting times from the UK Border Office's website - without success.
Hi littlebits, I am finding myself nodding to every sentence you wrote. I had to cancel my plane and train tickets and lose £470 and have been waiting now for 15 weeks.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 pm

oumachi wrote:Finally long waiting is over ........... :) I want to share my timeline

Congrats!

I am really pleased for you, you are truly lucky, be free and enjoy.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:40 pm

UKwannabee wrote:That is great news, Oumachi!

Although I just can't understand the logic or process of UKBA though - I had my Biometrics done on March 30th and still waiting; you received your letter and did Biometrics on 30th April and have your passport back before me - I don't get it!! (Although I am very happy for you, Oumahci!!!)

Trying to keep positive about the whole thing but just having one of those days... :(
I think it is left up to the efficiency of the case worker, I have applied since February, and I am still waiting, I haven't heard a thing from them, but I am waiting with the hope that it is on its' way.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

oumachi
Newly Registered

Post by oumachi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Loveislovely wrote:

Congrats!

I am really pleased for you, you are truly lucky, be free and enjoy.
Thanks so much !!!!!! good luck

km25

Re: Expedition Services..

Post by km25 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:13 pm

ashwin1406 wrote:Guys, any idea about www.ukimmigrationbarristers.com ?? As I need to make an emergency travel soon, I approached them to find out the ways for expediting my Set O application, They say depending on my urgency, they can chase for application status and also request to get passports back without withdrawing the application but just holding the process. They also said they will arrange temporary visa to come back to UK then resuming the application process by resending the passports back to UKBA. How genuine is it sounding??? I feel it is an hassle but currently its very urgent for me to get my passports back. Please advise if any idea....
Hey ashwin,
sorry to hear what you're going through..i haven't heard of them and i don't know much abt this sort of services. Try speaking to the HO and explain your situation and see what happens.

I am hoping that someone experienced with this or a moderator will be able to better advice you regarding this. Hope it goes well and keep us posted as im in a similar situation and may follow ur footsteps in two weeks time..

Best wishes,
KM

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Sorry to hear your mother is ill.

If I were in your situation, I will put the ILR to the dogs and I get my passport to be with my Mother.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Employer verification form

Post by may_marie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Hello everyone, my employer has decided to fill our the employer check thingy, this is due to the fact that they are having a UKBA audit at the HR department. They think that it will help with making UKBA think that they are doing all they can to make sure I have the right to work in the UK. (as we know i do ...) The form is asking these number .. but i have no idea what they are .. any of you would know ?? (I've applied for a set(M))

4. Verification of an Application Registration Card (ARC) stating ‘Employment Permitted’ or ‘Allowed to work’

IFB Reference
(top left corner on reverse of card)
(Mandatory)

ARC Serial Number
(Mandatory)

thank you all for help :)

dsbos

Re: Employer verification form

Post by dsbos » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:45 pm

may_marie wrote:Hello everyone, my employer has decided to fill our the employer check thingy, this is due to the fact that they are having a UKBA audit at the HR department. They think that it will help with making UKBA think that they are doing all they can to make sure I have the right to work in the UK. (as we know i do ...) The form is asking these number .. but i have no idea what they are .. any of you would know ?? (I've applied for a set(M))

4. Verification of an Application Registration Card (ARC) stating ‘Employment Permitted’ or ‘Allowed to work’

IFB Reference
(Mandatory)

ARC Serial Number
(Mandatory)

From the form;

** This form should only be completed where an employer is seeking to confirm the right to work of an employee or a prospective employee who has: an Application Registration Card (ARC) stating “Employment Permitted“ or “Allowed to work” ** then only you need to fill in sections 1, 2 and 3C.

I've filled only the below;

"an outstanding application for leave to remain in the UK that was made before their previous leave to enter or remain in the UK ended; then filled sections 1, 2 and 3A"

Check if you need to fill in section 3C rather than 3A.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Re: Employer verification form

Post by may_marie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:02 pm

dsbos wrote:
may_marie wrote:Hello everyone, my employer has decided to fill our the employer check thingy, this is due to the fact that they are having a UKBA audit at the HR department. They think that it will help with making UKBA think that they are doing all they can to make sure I have the right to work in the UK. (as we know i do ...) The form is asking these number .. but i have no idea what they are .. any of you would know ?? (I've applied for a set(M))

IFB Reference
(Mandatory)

ARC Serial Number
(Mandatory)

From the form;

** This form should only be completed where an employer is seeking to confirm the right to work of an employee or a prospective employee who has: an Application Registration Card (ARC) stating “Employment Permitted“ or “Allowed to work” ** then only you need to fill in sections 1, 2 and 3C.

I've filled only the below;

"an outstanding application for leave to remain in the UK that was made before their previous leave to enter or remain in the UK ended; then filled sections 1, 2 and 3A"

Check if you need to fill in section 3C rather than 3A.
The HR person did not let me see the form but what you said just makes sense .. from what I read this card is normaly issued to asylum seekers .. so obvisouly dont need to fill that section i think .. ill report this into work tomorow . i feel better now :) maybe i can sleep now lol .. thanks !!

sbcansever
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set (O) Processing

Post by sbcansever » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 pm

ILtoWait wrote:Thanks for the quick post dsbos.

I'd like to think I may get a free application but I'm much more worried that in about 3 months time (when they finally get round to sending it back) I'll get a covering letter saying payment was rejected and my application returned.

Then I'll be back to square one.

The amount marked for payment was as per their guidance for a main applicant and one dependant and there's def no problem with the card limit... so it does appear to be an odd case.

If the fee will be debited from your current account, then its worth to check with your bank that your account settings allows 3rd parties to debit your account with a big amount of money.
Because sometimes, bank accounts might reject this kind of big transactions to protect your money from fraud.
As I said, go to your branch and get them check your account to allow this transaction.

good luck...

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 am

LET CONTINUE TO PRAY HARD FOR OUR ILR TO COME BACK ASAP

gurudev

Thank you very much for maitaining this list

Post by gurudev » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:07 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:SUCCESSFUL

Set M
gaku applied on 06/09/2011 - 27 weeks
luke79 - applied on 15/09/2011 - 16 weeks
doggles applied on 10/10/2011 - 17 weeks
amsidk applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 06/03/12, ILR stamped on 22/02/12)
spot applied on 11/10/2011 - 21 weeks (passport received on 12/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
jinky applied 19/10/2011 - 19 weeks
bob-russell applied on 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 13/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
zari83 applied 19/10/2011 - 20 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
invincible27 -applied on 20/10/2011 - 13 weeks
ruthmac applied on 22/10/2011 - 19 weeks
thiru123 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
mai12 applied on 30/10/2011 - 16 weeks
boniface applied on 02/11/2011 - 19 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 18/02/12)
bazzy_1 applied on 03/11/2011 - 11 weeks
hiphop applied on 04/11/2011 (Fr) - 20 weeks (passport received on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
simbal applied on 18/11/2011 - 11 weeks
gid1818 applied on 21/11/2011 - 15 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 24/02/12)
smz applied on 23/11/2011 - 11 weeks
Unfair applied on 28/11/2011 - 11 weeks
sdwaitingidr on 02/12/2011 (Fr) - 15 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 04/03/12)
Paperclip101 applied on 05/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 19/02/12)
pymapp applied on 06/12/2011 - 12 weeks
Skymoon applied 08/12/2011 - 12 weeks
SetMyasin applied 13/12/2011 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport picked up on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
tyro520 applied on 13/12/2011 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/03/12)
ShahG applied on 19/12/2011 - 12 weeks (passport received on 15/03/12, ILR stamped on 11/02/12)
chrisrich applied on 19/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
polly_s applied on 22/12/2011 - 11 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 25/02/12)
kayaniii applied on 07/01/2012 – 6 weeks
gregos applied on 03/02/2012 VIA PEO - 5 weeks (passport received on 09/03/12, ILR stamped on 06/03/12)
januaryilr applied on 19/01/2012 – 8 weeks (passport received on 16/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
olguitha applied on 31/01/2012 (Tu) - 11 weeks (passport received on 14/04/2012, ILR stamped on 22/03/2012)
cmcmahon applied on 18/12/2011 (Su) – 16 weeks (passport received on 16/04/2012, ILR stamped on 22/03/2012)
muzy applied On 23/12/2011 (Fr) - 17 weeks (passport received on 23/04/2012, ILR stamped on 22/03/2012)
serengetiuk applied On 13/01/2012 (We) – 22 weeks (passport received on 09/06/2012, IRL stamped on 21/05/2012)
Feb4 applied On 13/01/2012 (Sa) - 15 weeks (passport received on 26/04/2012, ILR stamped on 26/03/2012)
yyoji applied On 02/02/2012 (Th) - 15 weeks (passport received on 22/05/2012)
Raja1900 applied On 07/02/2012 (Tu) – 18 weeks (passport received on 16/06/2012, ILR stamped 29/05/2012)
ame applied On 13/02/2012 - (We) - 16 Weeks (passport received 09/06/2012, IRL stamped on 27/04/2012)
th_in_gs applied On 14/02/2012 (Th) - 14 weeks (passport received on 24/05/12, Residence Permit on 05/05/12)
Stillwhisper applied On 16/02/2012 (Th) - 13 weeks (passport received on 19/05/2012, ILR stamped on 02/05/2012)
faraty applied On 17/02/2012 (Fr) - 15 weeks (passport received on 01/06/2012, ILR stamped on TBC)
harshey applied On 18/02/2012 - (Sa) - 16 Weeks (passport received 09/06/2012)
R&F applied On 20/02/2012 (Mo) - 14 weeks (passport received on 02/06/2012, ILR stamped on 22/05/2012)
Skirty applied On 27/02/2012 (Mo) – 12 weeks (passport received on 29/05/2012, ILR stamped on 16/05/2012)
ORafi applied On 28/02/2012 (Mo) – 13 weeks (passport received on 30/05/2012, ILR stamped on 24/05/2012)
TRUSTNAD applied On 28/02/2012 (Mo) – 12 weeks (passport received on 30/05/2012, ILR stamped on 15/05/2012)
allpatienceisgone applied On 28/02/2012 - 15 Weeks
Sara2012 applied On 05/03/2012 (Mo) – 10 weeks (passport received on 18/05/2012, Biometrics received on 17/05/2012)
sufferhead applied On 07/03/2012 (We) – 7 weeks (passport received on 26/04/2012, Biometric arrived 27/04/2012)
chemike15 applied On 27/03/2012 (Tu) – 6 weeks (Biometrics received on 17/05/2012)
Ant27 applied On 21/02/2012 (Tu) - 16 weeks (passport received on 18/06/2012, ILR stamped on 07/06/2012)
.@Star applied On 27/02/2012 (Mo) - 15 Weeks (passport received on 20/06.2012, ILR stamped on 13/06/2012)

Set O
lifeonhold applied on 08/08/2011 - 22 weeks
Rennie applied on 25/08/2011 - 19 weeks
Money123 applied on 26/08/2011 - 25 weeks (ILR stamped Nov 2011, but went to old address, hence delay)
GSOTodd applied on 05/09/2011 - 19 weeks
totallylegit applied on 07/9/2011 - 19 weeks
albert11 applied on 10/09/2011 - 21 weeks
ratish123 applied on 12/09/2011 - 22 weeks (sent expedite)
victorlcb applied on 12/9/2011 - 18 weeks
Shuklac78 applied on 15/09/11 (Th) - 20 weeks (received on 20/02/2012)
rjn360 applied 21/09/2011 - 22 weeks
septILR applied on 24/09/2011 - 24 weeks
mazuv applied on 28/09/2011 - 21 weeks
mann2000 applied On 10/10/2011 (Mo) - 28 weeks (passport received on 19/04/12, ILR stamped on 22/03/12)
teluguabbayi applied on 13/10/11 - 23 weeks (passport received on 02/04/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
AshMad applied on 13/10/11 – 25 weeks (passport received on 07/04/12, ILR stamped on 02/04/12)
lakshtar applied On 14/10/2011 (Fr) - 27 weeks (passport received on 21/04/12, ILR stamped on 23/03/12)
talal22 applied on 14/10/11 - 25 weeks (passport received on 07/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
moz_ilr applied On 26/10/2011 (We) - 27 weeks (passport received on 01/05/12, ILR stamped on 03/04/12)
RQI applied On 17/10/2011 (Mo) – 29 weeks (passport received on 08/05/12, ILR stamped on 12/04/12)
SETO25Oct2011applied on 20/10/2011 - 12 weeks (after letter of expedite)
toolong applied On 24/10/2011 (Th) - 29 weeks (passport received on 23/05/12)
anotherOct2011 applied On 24/10/2011 (Mo) - 28 weeks (passport received on 17/05/12, ILR stamped on 26/04/12)
Dondanell applied on 25/10/2011 - 19 weeks
Preacher applied On 31/10/2011 (Mo) - 25 weeks (passport received on 21/04/12, ILR stamped on 19/03/12)
cuncfbrk applied on 31/10/2011 - 16 weeks
tushars applied On 01/11/2011 (Tu) - 26 weeks (passport received on 30/04/12, ILR stamped on 29/03/12)
vantu21 applied On 02/11/2011 (We) - 27 weeks (passport received on 15/05/12, ILR stamped on 23/04/12)
balzer69 applied on 03/11/2011 (Th) - 20 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 19/03/12)
Rizahidam77 applied On 09/11/2011 (We) – 28 weeks (passport received on 21/05/12, ILR stamped on 09/05/12)
gvijaygadde applied On 11/11/2011 (Fr) - 29 weeks (passport received on 01/06/12, ILR stamped on TBC)
balu114 applied On 11/11/2011 (Fr) – 29 weeks (passport received on 01/06/12, ILR stamped on 17/05/12)
humtum76 applied on 14/11/2011 - 15 weeks
Rithi applied on 15/11/2011 - 19 weeks (passport picked up on 24/03/12, ILR stamped on 08/03/12)
manishchaudhry applied on 16/11/2011 - 18 weeks (passport received on 22/03/12, ILR stamped on 05/03/12)
KVP51 applied On 21/11/2011 (Mo) - 24 weeks (passport received on 01/05/12, ILR stamped on 25/04/12)
shuklap applied on 24/11/2011 - 11 weeks
haidder applied On 26/11/2011 (Sa) – 24 weeks (passport received on 16/05/12, ILR stamped on 25/04/12)
aharar applied On 29/11/2011 (Tu) - 23 weeks (passport received on 03/05/12, ILR stamped on 10/04/12)
2011ILR-2012 applied on 05/12/2011 - 9 weeks
Timing applied On 07/12/2011 (We) - 23 weeks (passport received on 07/05/12, ILR stamped on 02/05/12)
antgod applied on 08/12/2011 (Th) - 18 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 14/03/12)
kumar81 applied on 12/12/2011 - 13 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 02/03/12)
tannipartner applied on 27/12/2011 (Tu) - 13 weeks (passport received on 19/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
limmilim applied On 29/12/2011 (Th) - 21 weeks (passport received on 25/05/12, ILR stamped on 03/05/12)
palle applied On 30/12/2011 (Fr) – 22 weeks (passport received on 30/05/12, ILR stamped on 14/05/12)
bump applied On 05/01/2012 (Th) - 24 weeks (passport received on 29/06/2012, ILR stamped 25/06/2012)
Saleeem applied on 6/01/2012 – 10 weeks (passport received on 21/03/12)
AJBaloch applied On 13/01/2012 (Fr) - 21 Weeks (passport received on 13/06/2012, ILR stamped on 31/05/2012)
Chikalo2006 applied On 14/01/2012 (Sa) - 21 Weeks (passport received on 13/06/2012, ILR stamped on 30/05/2012)
jjsbhamra applied On 16/01/2012 (Mo) - 20 weeks (passport received on 07/06/12, ILR stamped on 16/04/12)
vik_2012 applied On 18/01/2012 (We) – 16 weeks (passport received on 09/05/12, ILR stamped on 12/04/12)
eddie_sexton applied On 30/01/2012 (Mo) - 15 weeks (passport received on 11/05/12, ILR stamped on 17/04/12)
2ndclassC applied On 31/01/2012 (Tu) - 14 weeks (passport received on 04/05/12, ILR stamped on 12/04/12)
JON12 applied On 20/02/2012 (Mo) - 17 Weeks (passport received on 20/06/2012, ILR stamped on 12/06/2012)
budmash applied On 22/02/2012 (We) - 18 Weeks (passport received on 22/06/2012)
Oliverjohnson applied On 23/02/2012 (Th) - 18 Weeks (passport received on 28/06/2012, ILR stamped on 21/06/2012 Liverpool Office)
Rod Earnshaw applied On 24/02/2012 (Fr) - 15 Weeks (passport received on 07/06/2012, ILR stamped on 22/05/2012)
derekhuffman applied On 25/02/2012 (Sa) - 16 Weeks (passport received on 21/06/2012, ILR stamped on 14/06/2012)
daged applied On 06/02/2012 (Mo) - 20 Weeks (passport received on 29/06/2012, ILR stamped on 22/06/2012 Liverpool Office)
oumachi - applied on 08/03/2012 - (passports Received 04 Jul 2012)

Set O JR
uyi.controller applied on 30/07/2011 - 23 weeks
p5004 appliedon 16/08/2011 - 19 weeks
kamicool applied on 18/08/2011 - 24 weeks
TEDDY61 applied 19/08/2011 - 21 weeks
mollymaik applied on 20/08/2011 - 19 weeks
a-s applied on 22/08/2011 - 21 weeks
abdul23 applied on 25/08/2011 - 22 weeks
kollexy applied on 28/08/2011 - 17 weeks
Nemo2011 applied on 30/08/2011 - 19 weeks
I-L-R-2011 applied on 31/08/2011 - 20 weeks
Doubletrouble applied on 06/09/2011 - 20 weeks
ishareef17 applied on 09/09/2011 - 21 weeks
SET(O)ILR_JR applied on 15/09/2011 (Th) - 31 weeks (passport received on 19/04/12, ILR stamped on 06/04/12)
drsk applied on 20/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 10/03/12, ILR stamped on 29/02/12)
liner2011 applied on 21/09/2011 - 21 weeks
superman555 applied on 23/09/2011 - 22 weeks
Waiting2011 applied on 24/10/2011 - 18 weeks
gj6ab5657 applied on 28/09/2011 - 24 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 28/02/12)
pirzadaz applied on 03/10/2011 - 22 weeks (passport received on 07/03/2012, ILR stamped on 22/02/2012)
skywalka applied on 04/10/2011 - 23 weeks (passport received on 14/03/12, ILR stamped on 01/03/12)
Girtbysea applied on 06/10/2011 (Th) - 26 weeks (passport received on 11/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
susan1228 applied on 07/10/2011 (Fr) - 27 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 19/03/12
cagedhorse applied On 14/10/2011 (Fr) - 29 weeks (passport received on 02/05/12, ILR stamped on 04/04/12)
onlyifiknew applied on 14/10/2011 (Fr) - 26 weeks (passport received on 14/04/12, ILR stamped on 16/03/12)
moraa applied on 14/10/2011 (Fr) - 25 weeks (passport received on 07/04/12, ILR stamped on 13/03/12)
oct2011 applied On 20/10/2011 (Th) - 28 weeks (passport received on 03/05/12, ILR stamped on 02/04/12)
setu786 applied on 21/10/2011 - 26 weeks (passport received on 20/04/12, ILR stamped on 26/03/12)
saiprabu111 applied On 24/10/2011 (Mo) - 27 weeks (passport received on 24/04/12)
VHAN applied On 10/11/2011 (Th) - 26 weeks (passport received on 12/05/12, ILR stamped on 19/04/12)
VN applied on 11/11/2011 (Fr) – 22 weeks (passport received on 13/04/12, ILR stamped on 12/03/12)
Longwait00 applied On 18/11/2011 (Fr) – 25 weeks (passport received on 15/05/2012, ILR stamped on 25/04/12)
Sohailmtm Applied 21/11/2011 (Mo) - 25 weeks (passport received on 16/05/2012, ILR stamped on 23/04/12)
kalpulli applied On 22/11/2011 (Tu) - 24 weeks (passport received on 11/05/12, ILR stamped on 18/04/12)
khan42 applied On 24/11/2011 (Th) - 25 weeks (passport received on 17/05/2012, ILR stamped on 26/04/12)
waitingandwaiting applied On 01/12/2011 (Th) – 22 weeks (passport received on 08/05/2012)
Finally2012 applied On 09/01/2012 (Mo) - 22 weeks (passport received on 15/06/2012, ILR stamped on 01/06/2012)
hsmp2010 applied On 30/01/2012 (Mo) - 12 weeks (passport received on 21/04/12, ILR stamped on 16/04/12)
BRP applied On 16/01/2012 (Mo) - 23 weeks (passport received on 29/06/2012)

WAITING

SET M
speed120 applied On 04/08/2011 (Th) - 48 weeks
Max applied On 12/12/2011 (Mo) - 28 weeks
Zhimin applied On 24/12/2011 (Sa) - 26 weeks
Smallheathlad applied On 10/01/2012 (We) – 24 weeks
ineedhelpurgent applied On 18/01/2012 (We) – 23 weeks
ted7913 applied On 27/01/2012 (Fr) - 22 weeks
shahjee applied On 08/02/2012 (We) - 20 Weeks
Vasey applied On 24/02/2012 (Fr) - 18 Weeks
planetman123 applied On 22/02/2012 (We) – 18 weeks
shabaz1298 applied On 22/02/2012 (We) – 18 weeks
UKwannabee applied On 01/03/2012 (Th) – 17 weeks (Biometrics Letter 26/03/2012)
casablanca applied On 07/03/2012 (We) – 16 weeks
Zainoor1 applied On 08/03/2012 (Th) - 16 Weeks (Biometrics Letter 02/05/2012)
oumachi applied On 08/03/2012 (Th) - 16 Weeks (Biometrics Letter 30/04/2012)
Kukushka applied On 19/03/2012 (Mo) - 14 Weeks (Biometrics Letter 11/05/2012)
SingaporeGirl applied On 19/03/2012 (Mo) – 14 weeks (Biometrics Letter 08/05/2012)
may_marie applied On 22/03/2012 (Th) – 14 weeks (Biometrics Letter 25/04/2012)
rekameohs applied On 04/04/2012 (We) - 12 Weeks (Biometrics Letter 09/06/2012)
pala applied On 11/04/2012 (We) – 11 weeks (Biometrics Letter 09/06/2012)
Arsenal007 applied On 18/04/2012 (We) – 10 weeks (Biometrics Letter 18/06/2012)
maklik0073 applied On 24/04/2012 (Tu) - 9 Weeks

SET O
MiraclePrayer applied On 06/09/2011 (Tu) - 43 weeks
OCT1STILRSETO applied On 01/11/2011 (Tu) - 34 weeks
GIRIMUTHU applied On 21/10/2011 (Fr) - 36 Weeks (Applied via premium service)
shortwait applied On 29/11/2011 (Tu) - 31 weeks
rkups applied On 23/12/2011 (Fr) - 27 weeks
dec2011seto applied On 29/12/2012 (Th) - 26 weeks
chikalo2006 applied On 14/01/2012 (Sa) - 24 weeks
Miths applied On 01/02/2012 (We) - 22 weeks
Provasanth applied On 08/02/2012 (We) – 21 weeks
WTF applied On 10/02/2012 (Fr) - 21 weeks (Croydon Office)
haridoss applied On 15/02/2012 (We) – 20 weeks
ashwin1406 applied On 15/02/2012 (We) - 20 Weeks
dewdoc applied On 16/02/2012 (Th) – 20 weeks
waitingformonths applied On 19/02/2012 (Su) - 19 Weeks
Lost-in-transition applied On 20/02/2012 - 19 Weeks (Sheffield Office)
youoz applied On 21/02/2012 (Tu) – 19 weeks
ed_1980 applied On 23/02/2012 (Th) - 18 Weeks (Sheffield Office)
alifaraze applied On 27/02/2012 (Mo) - 17 weeks
ranger28 applied On 27/02/2012 (Mo) - 17 Weeks
GmanILR2012 applied On 28/02/2012 (Tu) – 17 weeks (Liverpool Office)
bond123 applied On 03/03/2012 (Sa) - 17 weeks (biometrics Letter 26/06/2012)
gurudev applied On 07/03/2012 (We) - 16 weeks
jimbo2012 applied On 09/03/2012 (Fr) – 16 weeks
AussieSetO applied 12/03/2012 (Mo) - 15 Weeks (biometrics Letter 03/05/2012)
sekhar applied On 14/03/2012 (We) – 15 weeks
mustang390 applied On 20/03/2012 (Tu) – 14 weeks
RajuT applied On 22/03/2012 (Th) - 14 weeks
cagedkiwi applied On 22/03/2012 (Th) - 14 weeks
Annie1989 applied On 27/03/2012 (Tu) – 13 weeks
nugget1 applied On 28/03/2012 (We) – 13 weeks
abhigreen applied On 29/03/2012 (Th) – 13 weeks
ILRsetO123 applied On 30/03/2012 (Fr) - 13 Weeks (biometrics Letter 21/05/2012)
panda143 applied On 04/04/2012 (Tu) – 12 weeks
dsbos applied On 13/04/2012 (Fr) – 11 weeks
arv123 applied On 24/04/2012 (Tu) – 9 weeks
khdmca applied On 27/04/2012 (Fr) - 9 Weeks
angelsoul applied On 30/04/2012 (Mo) - 8 Weeks

SET O JR
hsmpjr2011 applied On 04/11/2011 (Fr) - 34 weeks
the_onebd applied On 14/11/2011 (Mo) - 33 weeks
msimran1 applied On 18/01/2012 docs reached 03/02/2012 (Fr) - 21 weeks

Successful for w/c 03/01/2012 - rennie, p5004, luke79, lifeonhold, kollexy
Successful for w/c 09/01/2012 - uyi.controller, mollymaik, teddy61,nemo2011
Successful for w/c 16/01/2012- totallylegit, victorlcb, a-s, SETO25Oct2011, invicible27
Successful for w/c 23/01/2012- I-L-R-2011, bazzy_1, GSTodd, doubletrouble,abdul23
Successful for w/c 30/01/2012 - kamicool, ishareef17.
Successful for w/c 06/02/2012 - simbal, smz, albert11, Shuklap, 2011ILR-2012
Successful for w/c 13/02/2012 -liner2011,doggles, Ratish123, kayanii, Unfair
Successful for w/c 20/02/2012- mai12, rjn360,cuncfbrk, mazuv, Shuklac78
Successful for w/c 27/02/2012- Money123, superman555, Waiting2011, ruthmac, humtum76, Dondanell, jinky, pymapp, thiru123, Skymoon
Successful for w/c 05/03/2012 - pirzadaz, amsidk, chrisrich, Paperclip101, gregos, septILR , zari83, polly_s, drsk, gid1818
Successful for w/c 12/03/2012 - spot, bob-russell, skywalka, Kumar81, boniface, gj6ab5657, gaku, ShahG, januaryilr
Successful for w/c 19/03/2012 - tyro520, Saleeem, SetMyasin, sdwaitingidr, Rithi, manishchaudhry, hiphop
Successful for w/c 26/03/2012 -
Successful for w/c 02/04/2012 - teluguabbayi, moraa, talal22, AshMad
Successful for w/c 09/04/2012 – Girtbysea, susan1228, VN , antgod, olguitha, onlyifiknew, balzer69
Successful for w/c 16/04/2012 – cmcmahon, tannipartner, SET(O)ILR_JR, mann2000, setu786, hsmp2010, lakshtar, Preacher
Successful for w/c 23/04/2012 – muzy, saiprabu111, Feb4, sufferhead
Successful for w/c 30/04/2012 – tushars, moz_ilr, aharar, KVP51, 2ndclassC, oct2011
Successful for w/c 07/05/2012 – RQI, cagedhorse, kalpulli, Timing, eddie_sexton, VHAN, vik_2012, waitingandwaiting
Successful for w/c 14/05/2012 – Skirty, Sara2012, chemike15, vantu21, haidder, anotherOct2011, Longwait00, sohailmtm, khan42, Stillwhisper
Successful for w/c 21/05/2012 – limmilim, th_in_gs, yyoji, toolong
Successful for w/c 28/05/2012 – ORafi,TRUSTNAD, faraty, R&F, gvijaygadde, balu114, Rizahidam77, palle
Successful for w/c 04/06/2012 – allpatienceisgone, serengetiuk, Ame, Harshey,
Successful for w/c 11/06/2012 - jjsbhamra, chikalo2006, Rod Earnshaw, AJBaloch, Raja1900, Finally2012
Successful for w/c 18/06/2012 - Ant27,derekhuffman,.@star,JON12,budmash,
Successful for w/c 25/06/2012 - Oliverjohnson,BRP,daged,bump,

ed_1980

Re: ILR SET (O) postal application waiting time

Post by ed_1980 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 pm

dsbos wrote: I don't know how long you lived in the UK, I have for almost 10 years...

- I have paid hundreds of thousands of pounds as various tax
- I did not receive a penny as benefit
- I'm desperately waiting to buy a house, my offer has accepted unconditionally, this is my 4th bid but all previous 3 failed due to the condition of my Visa / Passport
Yes, I've been here rather a while also, and yes, I too have paid tax - (which I'm sure you do get some benefit from actually, or do you not visit a doctor, drive on roads, use public transport...?)

Sorry dsbos, I didn't intend to offend you. I don't think encouraging everyone to write to their MP in order to try and hurry their application will achieve anything useful insofar as process improvement is concerned. It'll only distract what little focus on the existing process they have and cause it all to slow down more.

Also I don't see why my application should be processed any faster than the people still waiting from January, so I will wait and see. The *published SLA is 6 months*, so 6 months it is - you shouldn't plan anything at all that depends on your residency within the 6 months - I nearly got burned on this one for my last visa application. One day more and I will be attempting to find out what's going on.

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to defend the process, I'm not - I think it's astoundingly hopeless, beurocratic, inefficient and damaging.

I will write to my MP, but I will write after I have my ILR, with the intent to highlight the systemic failure that this process smells of. Unfortunately the people who have to go through this process are such a minority that nobody really cares how inefficient and hopeless the process is - that's the real shame.

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm

ed_1980 wrote:
dsbos wrote: I don't know how long you lived in the UK, I have for almost 10 years...

- I'm desperately waiting to buy a house, my offer has accepted unconditionally, this is my 4th bid but all previous 3 failed due to the condition of my Visa / Passport
Yes, I've been here rather a while also, and yes, I too have paid tax - (which I'm sure you do get some benefit from actually, or do you not visit a doctor, drive on roads, use public transport...?)

Sorry dsbos, I didn't intend to offend you. I don't think encouraging everyone to write to their MP in order to try and hurry their application will achieve anything useful insofar as process improvement is concerned. It'll only distract what little focus on the existing process they have and cause it all to slow down more.

Also I don't see why my application should be processed any faster than the people still waiting from January, so I will wait and see. The *published SLA is 6 months*, so 6 months it is - you shouldn't plan anything at all that depends on your residency within the 6 months - I nearly got burned on this one for my last visa application. One day more and I will be attempting to find out what's going on.

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to defend the process, I'm not - I think it's astoundingly hopeless, beurocratic, inefficient and damaging.

I will write to my MP, but I will write after I have my ILR, with the intent to highlight the systemic failure that this process smells of. Unfortunately the people who have to go through this process are such a minority that nobody really cares how inefficient and hopeless the process is - that's the real shame.
We need to start debating on some other forum about the benefits. But here's my 2 pence worth;

- Yes, I see the doctor once in a while and that's why I pay my NI
- I do drive and that's why I pay the Road Tax and should I mention the potholes
- I hardly use public transport, but can you tell me would they take you free and where is that?

Do you and I get any of the benefits that bogus assylum seekers get?

AND Just because some one in the UKBA is not on the "Right Pay Grade", should I postpone or replan whole of my life?

That's what I'm shouting and concerned about and I will do anything legitimate I can do to get my passports back any faster.

No offence, but good luck with your application !

ed_1980

Post by ed_1980 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:53 pm

dsbos wrote:
We need to start debating on some other forum about the benefits. But here's my 2 pence worth;

- I do drive and that's why I pay the Road Tax and should I mention the potholes
- I hardly use public transport, but can you tell me would they take you free and where is that?

AND Just because some one in the UKBA is not on the "Right Pay Grade", should I postpone or replan whole of my life?

That's what I'm shouting and concerned about and I will do anything legitimate I can do to get my passports back any faster.

True - we're in the same boat, and I don't think we actually have that much to disagree about. That said - railway lines etc are infrastructure projects built and effectively underwritten by the government and ultimately our taxes. Companies then run the trains on them - our income tax was definitely involved.

I'll agree though, doesn't seem like we get much! Ah well, 20 week marker about to go by.

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Post by ashwin1406 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:58 pm

dsbos wrote:
ed_1980 wrote:

@ed_1980: I agree with you if people does just because of anxiety, here I think you are missing the point of personal emergency.

ed_1980

Post by ed_1980 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:09 pm

ashwin1406 wrote: @ed_1980: I agree with you if people does just because of anxiety, here I think you are missing the point of personal emergency.
Oh I don't mean to dispute personal emergencies - ill relatives are terrible, unplanned and a genuine emergency situation which I hope the UKBA would be willing to accommodate. But they are just that - emergencies.

Edit: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 0479000001

Read through lots of this. So it does seem that complaints to MPs do get factored in. Many are cited and everyone seems very aware of UKBA's hopelessness. Perhaps at some time in the future the process will be less of a catastrophe! Give it 10 years... the department, not your application. :-p

Relieved4
Newly Registered

ILR Set (O)

Post by Relieved4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi

Just wanted to post my timeline SET O:

ILR posted 10/02/2012
ILR stamped 22/06/2012
Passport received 28/06/2012

Good luck to all who are waiting and may you receive it very soon.

skyper
Newly Registered

Post by skyper » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:07 am

Dear Forum

I applied by post on 1th July through solicitor and have not received ack letter yet.Problem is I am moving to new house in on month time.Plz advise how I sort out my post.

Obviouly I will redirect my post to new address.I am confused about lot of things.

First who will get ack and biometric letter.me or my solicitor or both of us.I remembered in past I received ack letter not my solicitor.

Are ack and Biometric letters are redirected

Are second class signed 4 post is redirected.
plz share yours experience and help me.

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:13 am

IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU FILL ON THE APPLICATION FORM YOU SEND TO THE HOME OFFICE. I SEND MINE THROUGH SOLICITOR AND GOT MY ACK POSTED TO MY ADDRESS. I THINK YOU SHOULD CALL THE HOME OFFICE AND ASK THEM ABOUT THE ADDRESS THEY WILL TELL YOU IF WILL GET IT OR YOUR SOLICITOR.I ALSO CALLED THEM LAST WEEK ABOUT SAME QUESTION AND THEY TOLD ME.

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 am

skyper wrote:Dear Forum

I applied by post on 1th July through solicitor and have not received ack letter yet.Problem is I am moving to new house in on month time.Plz advise how I sort out my post.

Obviouly I will redirect my post to new address.I am confused about lot of things.

First who will get ack and biometric letter.me or my solicitor or both of us.I remembered in past I received ack letter not my solicitor.

Are ack and Biometric letters are redirected

Are second class signed 4 post is redirected.
plz share yours experience and help me.
Read the UKBA website properly... it advises you to inform the UKBA if your address changes once you submit your application.

Also you can get your Solicitor to advise the UKBA of ths change on your behalf. That's why you pay the Solicitor.