ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithman11
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by smithman11 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:50 pm

I applied for Naturalisation through OISC registered adviser by Postal application on 5th November 2018 Biometric done on 21 November 2018.

I requested Passport and BRP back on 28 November 2018 and I have not yet received it. I am travelling abroad for Christmas Holidays. I am bit worried, what if I don’t get my passport back before Christmas Holidays, I will miss the flight.

I contacted to Home office on 14 December on two different email address . i.e.
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

No response yet.

If I phone them on Monday will that be helpful? What is the best contact number to call Home office’s citizenship department?

Bed
Turkey

Post by Bed » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:48 pm

smithman11 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:50 pm
I applied for Naturalisation through OISC registered adviser by Postal application on 5th November 2018 Biometric done on 21 November 2018.

I requested Passport and BRP back on 28 November 2018 and I have not yet received it. I am travelling abroad for Christmas Holidays. I am bit worried, what if I don’t get my passport back before Christmas Holidays, I will miss the flight.

No response yet.

If I phone them on Monday will that be helpful? What is the best contact number to call Home office’s citizenship department?

It is impossible to contact them through phone :/
I suggest send another email to the first email address but change what you are writing. Make sure you write your case ID & dob and address as well. They didnt reply back to my email first and i changed it around and sent it again and it worked

Bed
Turkey

Post by Bed » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:50 pm

SO i finally am a british citizen! Had my private ceremony yday and i used post office check and send for passport application. 14/12/18 i guess they either received it today or will receive it on monday. I have flight ticket booked for the 31st i hopeeeee i will receive the passport on time so i dont miss my new years eve fun. :/ do you guys think i will receive it before the 31st ? :(

smithman11
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smithman11 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:03 pm

@Bed
Thanks for the information. I will send email again on Tuesday if I don’t receive any reply by Monday.
Congratulations for your British Citizenship, hopefully you will fly with your British passport. Have a wonderful new year eve. :D

Tozlo2001
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tozlo2001 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Dear everyone I have done jcap back in Aug and mid September passport fees taken of my bank account but i have heard absolutely nothing from home office yet, is that normal? Been over 4 month now, opinions? Anybody same as me? Is no news is good news or should I expect bad news to arrive from homeoffice? Please help
Cr001 i would like to know what you think as you look expret

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 am

Tozlo2001 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 pm
Dear everyone I have done jcap back in Aug and mid September passport fees taken of my bank account but i have heard absolutely nothing from home office yet, is that normal? Been over 4 month now, opinions? Anybody same as me? Is no news is good news or should I expect bad news to arrive from homeoffice? Please help
UKVI doesn't inform you of progress - next communication should be your decision letter, unless they wish to ask you for something. Nobody here can tell you what's happing to your application. There are members here who are still waiting in excess of the six months quoted by the Home Office.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tozlo2001
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tozlo2001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 am

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate that homeoffice work that way, but looking at other people’s timeline they all got an answer by now even some have applied last month, and I personally know people applied in October and they got their applications approved, i am waiting since August and has been more than 4 month already

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:25 am

Tozlo2001 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 am
Thanks for your answer, I appreciate that homeoffice work that way, but looking at other people’s timeline they all got an answer by now even some have applied last month, and I personally know people applied in October and they got their applications approved, i am waiting since August and has been more than 4 month already
Sorry you are waiting for so long for a decision, but please don't rely on timelines of other applicants. Not all applications are the same. Some will take longer to process than others depending upon your background. You can make enquiries on progress of your application once six months has elapsed.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Re:

Post by AnotherUUID » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Peterpan81 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am
From peoples experiences, do you think the HO works in regards to Naturalisation applications in order, say for example dealing with those who have submitted in april and then move to May and so forth ???

It is understandable that it all depends on the case worker dealing with the case at the end of the day !!

appreciate your input into this statement.
I remember recently reading somewhere among the Gov.UK pages that applications are usually processed in-order by the date of receipt of the application. I tried looking it up again but couldn't find the page confirming this. But in all fairness, it would make sense. I would assume any applications that are being processed out-of-order are likely to be ones that they had to put on hold due to having to make further enquiries (e.g. request more information from the applicant).

The HO seem to somewhat frequently change the ways used to "track" the application processing times. A few years back there was a status page showing an update along the lines of "We are now processing applications received between date_a and date_b". Later, you could track your own application via the reference number. Now they seem to have removed all hints as to how far through they are with the applications.

Edit: Sorry, accidentally replied to a ridiculously old post without noticing, but I cannot remove my post. Mods feel free to delete, apologies.

Kashifchopra
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Kashifchopra » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello to everyone,
I have applied on 7th November, passport fee was deducted on 4th December, just wanted to know if there is any way to check the progress of my application.. one person applied on 14th November and he got already letter, I don't think they decide according to the date they received applications..
How someone can check if letter has been issued already but lost in transit ? kind suggestion will be highly appreciated .. thanks in advance

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Post by chattokhan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Kashifchopra wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:19 pm
Hello to everyone,
I have applied on 7th November, passport fee was deducted on 4th December, just wanted to know if there is any way to check the progress of my application.. one person applied on 14th November and he got already letter, I don't think they decide according to the date they received applications..
How someone can check if letter has been issued already but lost in transit ? kind suggestion will be highly appreciated .. thanks in advance
I applied on the same date and my passport fee was deducted on 3rd December. HO appears to process applications in the order they are received however each application clearance time varies a lot. Some lucky applicants get clearance within a week or so and hence their approval letters are dispatched sooner. I've seen some timelines where approval letters have been received within 3 weeks of application submission date. Please keep me posted whenever you get your approval letter. Thanks.

Hioru
United Kingdom

Post by Hioru » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi guys,
When you apply online using the old way (posting evidence) does it give you a timeline how long Home Office will wait for the documents? Thanks!

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 am

Hi
Tozlo2001
I made an application on 26-july-2017
And it has been nearly ...⏳17 Months that I'm waiting and
Still No signs of Approval I don't know what the delay is 😊

Tozlo2001
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tozlo2001 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:55 am

Oh my god! Have you tried contacting them? I have been waiting over month and avout to go mental 😂 i cant imagine how you feel!

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Post by chattokhan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 am
Hi
Tozlo2001
Even HO ask you to contact them should you don't hear anything 6 months after application submission. What are you waiting for mate?

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:00 pm

mrafgsharoon wrote:
Hi
Tozlo2001
we applied in october 2017 and are also still waiting, have the mp Involved now but I know that won't speed anything up.

djvicks123
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by djvicks123 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:01 pm

chattokhan wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm
mrafgsharoon wrote:
Hi
Tozlo2001
Even HO ask you to contact them should you don't hear anything 6 months after application submission. What are you waiting for mate?
we contacted them twice ourselves, since our last app October 2017 and they just send a standard letterr that they only aim to complete applications within 6 months.

Hioru
United Kingdom

Post by Hioru » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Does anyone know if after paying/submitting the online application using the old route if they'll ask us to print anything?
I want to meet with my referee and once he signs the referee letter to post it straight away.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:45 pm

djvicks123 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:01 pm
chattokhan wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm
mrafgsharoon wrote:
Hi
Tozlo2001
we contacted them twice ourselves, since our last app October 2017 and they just send a standard letterr that they only aim to complete applications within 6 months.
threaht them with press write home opffice letter that u need decison in two weeks or you wil call for press trust me u wil get responce in 4 days ?/

smithman11
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smithman11 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:38 am

smithman11 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:50 pm

No response yet.

Requested back Passport & BRP on 28 November 2018
Sent email request as well on 13, 14 & 17 December 2018
Passport & BRP back: First reminder request 14 December 2018
2nd reminder request on 18 December 2018
Passport and BRP received: 18 December 2018 (request processed on 13 December 2018, also mentioned in the letter do not send passport back unless requested so.)

Shujah

Post by Shujah » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:12 am

Hi All,

I need help with my application for naturalization. I had shortage of 7 months to qualify for ilr on the bases of 10 year long residence. Following is my case history:

Applied for flr (fp) = 01/02/2016
flr (fp) refused with the right of appeal = 05/05/2016
Lodged appeal on time = 16/05/2016
Appeal refused = 05/06/2017
Applied for ilr (as i completed my 10 years during the process) = 17/06/2017
ilr received = November 2017

during this time, i was also working. can anyone please tell me whether this will effect my application for naturalization?

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Soo we got our approval letter...now I am waiting for a Ceremony letter...in my understanding this will come from the local council is that correct?and takes about three weeks to arrive or probably more because of the holidays? Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:48 am

Marikistin wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 pm
Soo we got our approval letter...now I am waiting for a Ceremony letter...in my understanding this will come from the local council is that correct?and takes about three weeks to arrive or probably more because of the holidays? Thanks.
Yes comes from the council - wait times I can' t comment on bu holidays don't help.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:56 am

Hi djvicks123
I made an application for Naturalisation on

Date 26-july-2017
Fee was taken on August 2017
Biometric done August 2017

I tried to contacting HO by phone twice and i also got my MP
Involved however that didn't help at all
I better wait and wait there is nothing I can do whenever I receive my Approval I will update you all hope we all get a positive response.

Tozlo2001
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tozlo2001 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Dear everyone I have done jcap back in Aug and mid September passport fees taken of my bank account but i have heard absolutely nothing from home office yet, is that normal? Been over 5 month now, opinions? Anybody same as me? Is no news is good news or should I expect bad news to arrive from homeoffice? Please help