ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm

does anyone on here know what does a stateless person mean?
and sorry to all for overtaking the forum today

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Fine Ali just mention you have requested your SAR file to buy yourself a few weeks. They can't be harsh on you for doing that as matter of fact you are making their life easier by gathering all the info together or they have the laborious task of collating it all for you. this is where it all goes t*ts up (pardon my French)because they are too lazy to do it properly. If anyone is planning to go for JR proceedings I would strongly urge you to arm yourself with this file!

All the best sir.
Hey believe2013 hope you good though and hope you are too carried away with the fun of the summer lol? Just wanted an update on your case I know I asked sometime ago cos we share a similar case. I guess I rung up the "house of pain" HO today And my case is under active consideration, right now I am seem like all over the place. Have you been given a date yet?

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm

@summer u have not upset me at all i ...the lord will see us all through and i pray we all get the good news soon....
@sanny thnx dear... pls can u give me the email of john vine?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Ali (in a non condescending manner of course) please Take photocopies of your covering letter or application form plus PO or cheque for SAR and recorded delivery receipt and then enclose all this in the package for the extra documentation requested. to satisfy that you are waiting on more evidence! They are thicker than treacle these people so you can never be too careful!

Apols if this post appears twice being thorough that's all! lol

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 pm

All the best sir.[/quote]

Hey believe2013 hope you good though and hope you are too carried away with the fun of the summer lol? Just wanted an update on your case I know I asked sometime ago cos we share a similar case. I guess I rung up the "house of pain" HO today And my case is under active consideration, right now I am seem like all over the place. Have you been given a date yet?[/quote]

Hi DapsonLee.

I am well sir thanks, just waiting for the date for my JR. If anything dramatic happens in the mean time I will share it with you. I heard they can concede before we go to court. Good luck man, I pray you got a decent caseworker. I will be monitoring your case quite closely. I think Pink lady is distraught but we are here to help each other though. Speak soon Fingers crossed

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Believe2013 wrote:All the best sir.
Hey believe2013 hope you good though and hope you are too carried away with the fun of the summer lol? Just wanted an update on your case I know I asked sometime ago cos we share a similar case. I guess I rung up the "house of pain" HO today And my case is under active consideration, right now I am seem like all over the place. Have you been given a date yet?[/quote]

Hi DapsonLee.

I am well sir thanks, just waiting for the date for my JR. If anything dramatic happens in the mean time I will share it with you. I heard they can concede before we go to court. Good luck man, I pray you got a decent caseworker. I will be monitoring your case quite closely. I think Pink lady is distraught but we are here to help each other though. Speak soon Fingers crossed[/quote]

My heart fell apart when she mentioned that earlier today. Cos I mentioned to my lawyer my dad was back home but not seen or hear from him since I was 5. I just hope that dont go against me neither. seem like this guys are just playing black jack with people's lives. I believe we all will get a response soon. We have come this far, can't give up now especially when The Lord is our strength.

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

Just have a few questions, should I go to the Reporting centre?

Do I need a lawyer to appeal?

Thanks in advance.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:52 pm

pink nails wrote:Thank you to everyone who has replied.

Thanks in advance.
Do go to the reporting center. You are basically on temporary admission. Meaning you are allowed to stay here temporarily till you get ur visa
Godgives

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:00 pm

GodGives wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Do go to the reporting center. You are basically on temporary admission. Meaning you are allowed to stay here temporarily till you get ur visa

Or till they reject me :D 9sorry trying to find abit of humour in a crappy situation)

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi@time503 could you check inbox please?

datinsatin
Newly Registered

Post by datinsatin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I wouldn't advise you not go to reporting centre but please be careful and do continue to work on your case/appeal. People do get detained at reporting centres and subsequently sent home even without having proper representation. I don't mean to scare you but just a piece of advice. Do ensure you lawyer/yourself start with the appeal process soon and should in case any unexpected cicumstance arise, then you will be able to say you have an appeal which has been lodged and under consideration . Please remember HO are somewhat cunny and would use every means possible (right or wrong) to frustrate someone.
God bless and see you through

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Fine Ali just mention you have requested your SAR file to buy yourself a few weeks. They can't be harsh on you for doing that as matter of fact you are making their life easier by gathering all the info together or they have the laborious task of collating it all for you. this is where it all goes t*ts up (pardon my French)because they are too lazy to do it properly. If anyone is planning to go for JR proceedings I would strongly urge you to arm yourself with this file!

All the best sir.
Hey believe2013 hope you good though and hope you are too carried away with the fun of the summer lol? Just wanted an update on your case I know I asked sometime ago cos we share a similar case. I guess I rung up the "house of pain" HO today And my case is under active consideration, right now I am seem like all over the place. Have you been given a date yet?
I waso told the same thing two weeks ago by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

What does it mean when they said it's under active consideration?
Ale001

pink nails
Newly Registered

Post by pink nails » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:38 pm

datinsatin wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I wouldn't advise you not go to reporting centre but please be careful and do continue to work on your case/appeal. People do get detained at reporting centres and subsequently sent home even without having proper representation. I don't mean to scare you but just a piece of advice. Do ensure you lawyer/yourself start with the appeal process soon and should in case any unexpected cicumstance arise, then you will be able to say you have an appeal which has been lodged and under consideration . Please remember HO are somewhat cunny and would use every means possible (right or wrong) to frustrate someone.
Thank you, Im doing some research at the moment, I have 10 days to make my appeal so time is of the essence.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:05 am

datinsatin wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Hi Pink nails

datinsatin wrote the right thing. Please try to do what ever datinsatin mentioned.

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 am

Dear all,

while an application for leave to remain is refused and a removal notice issued with a right of appeal. Do you get your passport and supporting documents back or after the appeal?

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 am

Global_Citizen wrote:Dear all,

while an application for leave to remain is refused and a removal notice issued with a right of appeal. Do you get your passport and supporting documents back or after the appeal?
Hi

Some time HO hold the passport and sometime they back. it depends on the case worker. If you made an application FLR(O) you don`t need to give the passport with the application.

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:27 am

shareen24h wrote:
Global_Citizen wrote:Dear all,

Hi

Some time HO hold the passport and sometime they back. it depends on the case worker. If you made an application FLR(O) you don`t need to give the passport with the application.
Thank for replying but my passport was requested for by my solicitor then as it contained stamps of when the Visa was issued and when I first entered the UK. So the application could have been made without the passport?

Global_Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Global_Citizen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:42 am

I am glad I never for once rang UKBA to ask about the status of my application for over nearly 14 months of waiting because they tell you shit and exploit you further when you dont even have any means of livelihood.
I just wished most people can be courageous enough to boycott fund raising for them by making those calls to those UKBA coz UKBA means (Unpertubed Karma Bullying Agency)

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:03 am

Global_Citizen wrote:I am glad I never for once rang UKBA to ask about the status of my application for over nearly 14 months of waiting because they tell you shit and exploit you further when you dont even have any means of livelihood.
I just wished most people can be courageous enough to boycott fund raising for them by making those calls to those UKBA coz UKBA means (Unpertubed Karma Bullying Agency)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

u nearly break my crib lol :D
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:36 am

ale001 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

All the best sir.
I waso told the same thing two weeks ago by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

Meaning your case is being dealt with :)

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 am

dapsonlee wrote:
ale001 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

All the best sir.

Nut my question is ow long does it take to decide cos at the peo office it's just less than an hour then u get a decision also with my case my employer said HO called them now I call home office to know the status of my application they tell me that it's still not assigns to a case worker n still outstanding so I just do t know now o have conflicting judgements in my brain

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:36 am

majojo wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
ale001 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Nut my question is ow long does it take to decide cos at the peo office it's just less than an hour then u get a decision also with my case my employer said HO called them now I call home office to know the status of my application they tell me that it's still not assigns to a case worker n still outstanding so I just do t know now o have conflicting judgements in my brain
Well I guess you don't trust what they say at the HO cos every time they conflict words.with PEO it's an expensive premium route at least £1,500 or there about and still does not guarantee that you will be successful (nobody wants to lose that amount). Most people to through lawyers cos they are unsure of the requirements. Don't trust the phone conversations you have when you call but have faith in your prayers. God will surely favour us in Jesus Name.

Letsee
BANNED

Post by Letsee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:08 am

grenadagirl wrote:Is it a good idea to contact ukba myself?. It's been a year and I still don't know what is happening to my application. My solicitor wrote them twice and I still haven't heard anything.
You can contact UKBA yourself and use your MP as well. I am not sure whether is good idea or not to write to them yourself, but i did.
UKBA are required to reply to the MPs. My MP has wrote to them twice, I have wrote myself three times to them. Six months ago they say my application is under active consideration. Six months later i am still waiting. They have been kind enough to reply all my letters but i suspect with standard answer which they send to everybody and which does not mean much.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

dapsonlee wrote:
majojo wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
ale001 wrote:

Well I guess you don't trust what they say at the HO cos every time they conflict words.with PEO it's an expensive premium route at least £1,500 or there about and still does not guarantee that you will be successful (nobody wants to lose that amount). Most people to through lawyers cos they are unsure of the requirements. Don't trust the phone conversations you have when you call but have faith in your prayers. God will surely favour us in Jesus Name.
Yeah I really don't as am confused. Cos if my manager says they called her n I call the contact center of HO n am told its not on their system tht my case has been assigned to worker then which is which is it my manager who's lying or home office.?? Cos this was on Tuesday which am sure by now I should have had some information

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 am

Good day all,

@Majojo, slightly confused here? home office called your manager and informed him/her that your case has been allocated to a case worker?

They maybe daft but I doubt they will do such a costly error because they will be in breach of the data protection act - they are ONLY by law supposed to divulge or discuss that info with yourself or anyone else acting on your behalf, authorised by you i.e your lawyer or MP.

If this is so, I would file a formal complaint!