ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mayaaaa
Newly Registered

Post by Mayaaaa » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Application sent: 8th May 2012
HO received : 9th May 2012

After many phone calls, letter, email, fax which I think DIDN'T help at all!! COA received 9th July issue 5th July. HAPPY I don't expect nothing for next 4 months.

SEO10
Newly Registered

Post by SEO10 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:13 am

zubby007 wrote:
SEO10 wrote:Today I received my COA.
Was your application for married or unmarried?

Application was for married.

Goody1613
Newly Registered

Post by Goody1613 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am

Good Morning All!!

I just received the RC today !!! * )

Timeline as follows:

First application of EEA2: End of Dec,2011 and then returned to us in January due to insufficient evidence.

Second application: 31-Jan,2012.

COA with work permit received in the end of Feb.

RC received today (13-July), dated 10-July.

They sent me back with my special delivery envelope (as a surprise).

I never called and checked the status as the deadline would only end in the end of this month, so didn't feel the need to.

I am a married applicant from Hong Kong, with my husband from Spain. Got married in Spain in 2010, and just returned to the UK in Nov, 2011.

P.S.: Been reading all the time in this forum and now finally can have my own post, it feels fantastic. Thanks for all the posts! I felt so good in this forum, together with all the other applicants, keeping me company! (very important!) Do let me know in case you got any problems and issues regarding this EEA2 application, I'll do my best to answer! Meanwhile, ALL the BEST to ALL applicants!! Have a lovely Friday! * )

eea2june2012
Newly Registered

Post by eea2june2012 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:22 pm

my timeline. anybody got any good news for June application

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:01 pm

[quote="Goody1613"]Good Morning All!!

I just received the RC today !!! * )

Timeline as follows:

First application of EEA2: End of Dec,2011 and then returned to us in January due to insufficient evidence.

Second application: 31-Jan,2012.

COA with work permit received in the end of Feb.

RC received today (13-July), dated 10-July.

They sent me back with my special delivery envelope (as a surprise).

I never called and checked the status as the deadline would only end in the end of this month, so didn't feel the need to.

I am a married applicant from Hong Kong, with my husband from Spain. Got married in Spain in 2010, and just returned to the UK in Nov, 2011.

P.S.: Been reading all the time in this forum and now finally can have my own post, it feels fantastic. Thanks for all the posts! I felt so good in this forum, together with all the other applicants, keeping me company! (very important!) Do let me know in case you got any problems and issues regarding this EEA2 application, I'll do my best to answer! Meanwhile, ALL the BEST to ALL applicants!! Have a lovely Friday! * )[/quote]

Good news for good Friday.

stetois

Post by stetois » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Congrats Goody1613. It looks like all january apps are on their way out.now feb apps can get ready!!!!!

toves

Timeline

Post by toves » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 pm

I can see many applicants from May who have not received COA
Our timeline is as follows:

EEA1/EEA2 sent HO 2nd of May 2012
Received HO 3rd of May
COA and RC for EEA1 received 2nd of June

I sent an e-mail on 21st of May requesting my passport due to travel and my spouse COA because he got an job offer.

Now we have since 15th of june sent 5 e-mails requesting the original documents and Non EU spouse passport back due to a visa application for Norway. Still havent receieved it. Sent a new e-mail today.
Its really urgent and wonder if it will help to call them?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: Timeline

Post by zubby007 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:39 pm

[quote="toves"]I can see many applicants from May who have not received COA
Our timeline is as follows:

EEA1/EEA2 sent HO 2nd of May 2012
Received HO 3rd of May
COA and RC for EEA1 received 2nd of June

I sent an e-mail on 21st of May requesting my passport due to travel and my spouse COA because he got an job offer.

Now we have since 15th of june sent 5 e-mails requesting the original documents and Non EU spouse passport back due to a visa application for Norway. Still havent receieved it. Sent a new e-mail today.
Its really urgent and wonder if it will help to call them?[/quote]

Call, you never know.

Alibg30
Newly Registered

EEA2 processing times

Post by Alibg30 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello all,

I am new to the forum, I have read many of your post and find it quite helpful. I am now quite desperate at the moment.
My husband applied for the EEA2 on 13th February 2012,
HO received it 14th February 2012
we received COA on 14th March (dated from 13/03),
Is already 5 months that we sent the application and still have no news, nobody replies e-mails and when I call they have me for more then 16 minutes until I hang up......is there anyone else in the same situation (I mean waiting for so long?)
Now my husband employer is telling me that the COA is only valid for 3 months, but I can't see anywere in UKBA website if this is correct or no, anyone here knows?
Thank you so much for your help.
Alicia

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: EEA2 processing times

Post by zubby007 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:57 pm

[quote="Alibg30"]Hello all,

I am new to the forum, I have read many of your post and find it quite helpful. I am now quite desperate at the moment.
Is already 5 months that we sent the application and still have no news, nobody replies e-mails and when I call they have me for more then 16 minutes until I hang up......is there anyone else in the same situation (I mean waiting for so long?)
Now my husband employer is telling me that the COA is only valid for 3 months, but I can't see anywere in UKBA website if this is correct or no, anyone here knows?
Alicia[/quote]

Normally it takes up to 6months by LAW,but some are lucky while others wait till the last day of the 6months rules. best of luck.

Goody1613
Newly Registered

Post by Goody1613 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 am

Alibg30 wrote:Hello all,

Alicia

As far as I know, COA is NOT only valid for 3 months. It should be valid until a decision is made, didn't you read the letter?? It should all be explained and written on your COA Letter, did you have a look of it?

Also, I don't think it's necessary to call them, email them whenever before the 6-month deadline. What you should do now is to wait patiently, and plan ahead your future instead! Hope this helps!

Chris

I loathe unprepared people!

Alibg30
Newly Registered

Post by Alibg30 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

Goody1613 wrote:

Alicia

As far as I know, COA is NOT only valid for 3 months. It should be valid until a decision is made, didn't you read the letter?? It should all be explained and written on your COA Letter, did you have a look of it?

Also, I don't think it's necessary to call them, email them whenever before the 6-month deadline. What you should do now is to wait patiently, and plan ahead your future instead! Hope this helps!

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I did read the letter and there is no where saying is only valid for 3 months, it states that it is prove that my husband has the right to work and that in any case they will take a maximum of 6 months to make a decision. Now all I want is to have a confirmation from HO that this is the case as at this stage anything and anyone makes me doubt.
But thank you for your help.

Regards,
Alicia

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:32 am

Alibg30 wrote:
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I did read the letter and there is no where saying is only valid for 3 months, it states that it is prove that my husband has the right to work and that in any case they will take a maximum of 6 months to make a decision. Now all I want is to have a confirmation from HO that this is the case as at this stage anything and anyone makes me doubt.

Regards,
Alicia
Your husband should ask his employer to call the HO Employers helpline (I believe the number is on the CoA). The HO would be able to confirm his status.

Goody1613
Newly Registered

Post by Goody1613 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Alibg30 wrote:
Goody1613 wrote:

Alicia

Chris

Hello Chris,

Regards,
Alicia

Hello Alicia,

The so-called confirmation that you're looking for, is already written black and white on the COA. So why do you need to confirm furthermore with HO??

Also, you should never Never doubt about what you think it's correct! Otherwise you would not survive in this bad bad world.
Everything is written officially and you should trust that.

Hope that helps!

Chris

Nz made
Newly Registered

Post by Nz made » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

I would not expect any fast decisions at the moment

Applied on Feb 12th
COA March 14th area
RC still waiting

rang yesterday to get my passport back as need to travel and was told the whole computer system is down

rang again today and the system was still down, they said hopefully it will be back up tomorrow, if not def in a few days and until then they cannot give updates or do passport returns

toabetterchange

Return of Passports

Post by toabetterchange » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 am

Hello there

I have tried 2 weeks now calling the immigration for the return of my passport but no answer , they are always busy..

Can anyone please tell me another phone number to call them ? I really need my passport :(

Thanks

Wehlau
Newly Registered

Post by Wehlau » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 am

Documents received by HO 02/02/2012
COA issued 06/03/2012
Still waiting for the RC

gamextar
Newly Registered

Re: Eaa2 application 17-05-12

Post by gamextar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 am

Today I've received all my documents back asking for more evidence of treaty rights exercise. I'm Spanish, they are asking for NI / TAX contributions but I have a limited company and my first contract has started two months ago. I dont know how to produce NI / TAX contributions for such short period ?

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Hello everyone. I have sent my EEA2 application (Married with Spanish) 11thMay (10weeks ago). I don´t have any news CoA yet!

I have sent emails to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk asking the CoA or any news about my application. I don´t have received any answer. The European Enqueries Contact Centre never responds, anyone! (0845 010 5200)

I am quite scaried because soon I have to do a travel overseas and I prefer wait to the CoA before ask my passport.

Anyone with EEA2 application from May without CoA? HO could be too busy by the Olympics?...I don´t know...

This forum is fantastic, very useful!

Thanks!

benu
Newly Registered

Post by benu » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello friends,
Applied for EEA2 on 9th March
Received COA after 2 months!! (As per rules if several weeks have passed, and still waiting for COA we can call HO to check,, so had to call HO before that)
Since then still waiting for RC!!
4 1/2 months so far no luck yet! :cry:
Anyone else in same situation?
Members, what do you suggest? Shall I call them as I did for my COA? or shall I wait? Because they say that we cannot call them to inquire about the progress as it MIGHT delay the process,, not sure what to do :?

Any suggestions or any experience from similar situations please?

Thanks and regards! :)

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 pm

[quote="benu"]Hello friends,
Received COA after 2 months!! (As per rules if several weeks have passed, and still waiting for COA we can call HO to check,, so had to call HO before that)
Members, what do you suggest? Shall I call them as I did for my COA? or shall I wait? Because they say that we cannot call them to inquire about the progress as it MIGHT delay the process,, not sure what to do :?

Thanks and regards! :)[/quote]

Your case is not the worst I suggest you wait until 2weeks before the 6months.

benu
Newly Registered

Post by benu » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 pm

zubby007 wrote:
benu wrote:Hello friends,

Thanks and regards! :)
Your case is not the worst I suggest you wait until 2weeks before the 6months.
Thanks zubby007 for your suggestion,, my case is not that simple as it seems,, this is the second time i applied after they requested for additional documents,, sorry should have mentioned before,, my actual case:

1st attempt:
EEA2 application sent in mid-December 2011
After 2 months received all documents back asking for additional documents to support my EEA partner is exercising treaty rights (she is unemployed so I sent some job application letters and some rejection letters to show she is job seeker)
Apparently these were not enough and UKBA asked me to send documents which shows that she has registered as an unemployed with Jobcentre plus. So my application was declined and I received all the documents back around first week of Feb 2012

So we went to Job centre plus and applied for Job seeks allowance, as there is nothing like 'registering as unemployed'. The only thing you can do there if you are unemployed is to register for Jobseekers allowance. Job centre plus gave us several appointments which we have to attend on regular basis. We did this for the full month of february till then we collected some documents which atleast showed that we were in touch with Job centre plus regarding my partners unemployment and were actively looking for some jobs.

2nd attempt:
9th march 2012 with the additional supporting documents - Letters from job centre plus as much I can collect , Job application letters and employment refusal letters.
Received COA after 2 months - last week of April 2012 (have to ring HO as several weeks were gone after my application date, the operator said that the documents were yet to be validated hence they have not yet released the COA, but thanks to God Almighty, received it just one week after calling them),, was bit relaxed as this time my documents were atleast accepted and they sent me COA confirming that I can continue working till my case is decided.
Now today its mid- July 2012 but still waiting for any reply.
4 1/2 months so far in my second attempt.

The total time since my first attempt is almost over 7 months and still fighting.

I have no worries in waiting for another 1 1/2 month to complete 6 months since my second attempt but the only thing that worries me is why is it taking so long if they have accepted and verified my documents?
Also I want to ask you out of your experience, what are the chances of application getting through once the COA is issued? I mean, are there any cases in which applications were been turned down even after COA confirming right to work is issued?

Can you please guide me in this regards?
Really appreciate your time and suggestions.
Thanks and kind regards,[/list]

Ati
Newly Registered

Post by Ati » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi any body who applied near to 18th may married case they got their coa.... Coa now a days taking to long

Charlie101
Newly Registered

Post by Charlie101 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:04 am

Alibg30 wrote:
Goody1613 wrote:

Alicia

Chris

Hello Chris,

Regards,
Alicia
What else do you want when its all written BOLDLY.If his employer needs further proof,it is their job to contact HO either through phone,fax or letter to get more information with reference to the COA letter.
If after 6months you dont get the RC as written on the letter,then you can start geting bothered.At the moment,you guys need not to worry about anything IMAO.

EQ
Newly Registered

Post by EQ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi guys, see my signature for my timeline. Im a March applicant :)