ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 pm

kindley wrote:Hello guys,

Does anyone on here know if despite the industrial action by the some UKBA staff, they are processing applications?

Plz I would appreciate your response.

Thanks
I suppose it depends on whether it is a blanket strike or only individuals part of a union who decided to strike. If it is the latter then anyone who actually joins strike action that isn't part of the union who decided to strike are liable for disciplinary action I believe and could get sacked in the process.

The UKBA site does not intimate who is actually striking but just gives details that the call centre will be closed both days due to this..

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 pm

freddfrog wrote:

Does anyone on here know if despite the industrial action by the some UKBA staff, they are processing applications?

Thanks
I suppose it depends on whether it is a blanket strike or only individuals part of a union who decided to strike. If it is the latter then anyone who actually joins strike action that isn't part of the union who decided to strike are liable for disciplinary action I believe and could get sacked in the process.

The UKBA site does not intimate who is actually striking but just gives details that the call centre will be closed both days due to this..
May be its not a strik they are working, not attending the calls just because they are updateing their IT system or telephone equipments etc???
Did anybody hear or read anything which showes they are on strick?? :roll:
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 pm

yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi, Moh30, freddfrong and yarons

Any updates GUYS?? :?
Nothing yet. It's too soon :)

Someone said the HO was on strike. Anyone has any idea if this is indeed true?

Btw, Tim55 - my acknowledgement letter said exactly what your did. I guess this is the standard template.
Thanks yarons, I'll keep u uptodate from my end. :(
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Tim555 wrote:
freddfrog wrote:

Thanks

:
I think UKBA staff are involved in the strike, that's why they can take call and I believe it must affect all other sevices.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

it seems that 12% of UKBA staff is on strike but UKBA are not giving any info on who is striking exactly.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ial-action

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:15 pm

yarons wrote:it seems that 12% of UKBA staff is on strike but UKBA are not giving any info on who is striking exactly.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ial-action
Thanks jarons.

True they are on strike.

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm

[quote="Eskar"]rather than doing google search for private ceremony keep calling leeds registry office. regardsless how much is the price of different council you have to do with leeds council and has to pay their required fees.

[quote="Tanukiji"]Hello

Just have a question regarding the Citizenship Ceremony.

I just rang up to book my slot and the first available time is 20 April 2010 :shock: which is 6 weeks away.

Does anyone know how much it costs to arrange a private ceremony? I live in Leeds and on the Leeds City Council website it said that the cost depends on the time and place at which you wish to have the ceremony.

I have done a quick google search and search results show prices from £43 to £123 from all over in the UK.

I forgot to ask the lady at the Council when I had her on the phone. Now I can't get through at all.

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this.[/quote][/quote]

I was quite aware I had to do it in Leeds. Got through with relative ease today. Turned out they had a training day yesterday. I was just curious and putting my feelers out for anyone who may know the answer for Leeds.

I was told for Leeds it's £100 for any other applicant from Leeds who may find this information useful.

I think £720 + £50 for NCS is quite enough so I shall wait patiently until 20 April.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi Tanukji,

i would say you are right. there is no point of spending 100 quid for nothing. we already spend a lot
Tanukiji wrote: I was told for Leeds it's £100 for any other applicant from Leeds who may find this information useful.

I think £720 + £50 for NCS is quite enough so I shall wait patiently until 20 April.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:10 pm

London ,

have you booked the ceremony.

London102

Post by London102 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Alas ....

No my friend. I am unable to contact my council. Anytime you call the number, its busy ??. I called this morning around 7:00am and then 8:00am and then 9:00am to check if I still get the number busy. Guess what !

You are right, the contact number is intentially made busy. Furious, when I call the switchboard, I hear the typical sentences " ... you are Mr.... ?, and your contact number please.. ?.... we will ask the desk to contact you...". This is happening since Saturday. I think I must complain somewhere. But I dont know where.

Why complain? because its not that simple and easy for me to go to council and book and BTW why should I personally go there when council has THIS number dedicated for appointments?, secondly we pay for this ceremony whether general or private.

':x'
Eskar wrote:London ,

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi

i dnt what wrong with manchester but lancashire registry offcie is very helpful. fone goes straightway and even reply email also quickly.

London102 wrote:Alas ....

No my friend. I am unable to contact my council. Anytime you call the number, its busy ??. I called this morning around 7:00am and then 8:00am and then 9:00am to check if I still get the number busy. Guess what !

You are right, the contact number is intentially made busy. Furious, when I call the switchboard, I hear the typical sentences " ... you are Mr.... ?, and your contact number please.. ?.... we will ask the desk to contact you...". This is happening since Saturday. I think I must complain somewhere. But I dont know where.

Why complain? because its not that simple and easy for me to go to council and book and BTW why should I personally go there when council has THIS number dedicated for appointments?, secondly we pay for this ceremony whether general or private.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Spartac wrote:
global gypsy wrote:I called them this morning, and was told my application reached them as of yesterday, i.e. 8th March.
They suggested I call them again in a week's time if I have not recd any further updates as of then.
That puts your application at par with mine.
Yes, we two seem to be running neck-and-neck...
Would be interesting to find out who makes it to the finishing line first :)

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 am

You should personally go there for appointment as many councils are arranging appointments once a week ( by phone - every friday ). If you could not arrange an appointment with in 14 days ( as advised by HO ) from the approval letter, you have to submit again naturalization application. End of the day you will be losser if you can not manage to book an appointment. Councils dont care. I can understand you feelings but you have to save your money by visiting them for appointment.

Wish you good luck.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:37 am

Hi Guys,

An update from me:
Just called HO regarding application progress, they said application is received, its on our system, payment has successfully taken and now its waiting for allocation to caseworker.

Would anyOne advise about intial checking? Would it take place after allocation to caseworker or before? :?

Thanks,

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 am

Tim555 wrote:Hi Guys,

An update from me:
Just called HO regarding application progress, they said application is received, its on our system, payment has successfully taken and now its waiting for allocation to caseworker.

Would anyOne advise about intial checking? Would it take place after allocation to caseworker or before? :?

Thanks,
Initial checks are done before allocation to a case worker however, the case worker can request for further checks if he/she believes it is required.

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 am

Tim55, can you please confirm the issue date on your acknowledgement letter?

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 am

An update from me:

Thanks,
Tim Bhai, Salam! Can you please tell me your timeline. I haven't called the home office yet but my payment was taken just end of last week.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 am

yarons wrote:Tim55, can you please confirm the issue date on your acknowledgement letter?
Thanks yarons,

Its 03/03/2010, received on 06/03/2010.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 am

Brightest Star wrote:

An update from me:

Thanks,
Tim Bhai, Salam! Can you please tell me your timeline. I haven't called the home office yet but my payment was taken just end of last week.
Wasalam bahi,
My timeline is as follows:

NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Wandsworth
CRITERIA - 4 years student visa + 2 years spouse visa ( british citizen ) + 1 week ILR
Date of submission: 25/02/2010 Date of posting: 26/02/10
Date Home Office Received: 27/02/2010
Date of Payment deduction from bank: 03/03/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/03/10 . Dated issued: 03/03/2010
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of passport application: pending
Method used: pending
Date of interview: pending
Date of Receipt: pending

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:30 am

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:

An update from me:

Thanks,
Wasalam bahi,

My update:

CRITERIA - 4 years student visa + 2 years spouse visa ( british citizen ) + 1 week ILR
Tim Bhai, I think timeline for both of us are sort of similar. The below is mine

If NCS, which centre : Hamilton
CRITERIA - HSMP + ILR Backdated
Date of submission: 02/03/2010
Date Home Office Received: 03/03/2010
Date of Payment deduction from bank: 05/03/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Pending . Dated issued: Pending

Inshallah I should have the acknowledgement some time soon and you should have your approval in max a couple of weeks time.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:56 am

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:

An update from me:

Thanks,
Wasalam bahi,

My update:

Tim Bhai, I think timeline for both of us are sort of similar. The below is mine

If NCS, which centre : Hamilton
CRITERIA - HSMP + ILR Backdated
Date of submission: 02/03/2010
Date Home Office Received: 03/03/2010
Date of Payment deduction from bank: 05/03/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Pending . Dated issued: Pending

Inshallah I should have the acknowledgement some time soon and you should have your approval in max a couple of weeks time.
Inshallah. Thanks so much Brighter star for kind wishes.

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 am

Correct in saying, we are the loosers at the end.

Keeping this view I went personally and got appointment for 31st of March.

Regards,

Tim555 wrote:

You should personally go there for appointment as many councils are arranging appointments once a week ( by phone - every friday ). If you could not arrange an appointment with in 14 days ( as advised by HO ) from the approval letter, you have to submit again naturalization application. End of the day you will be losser if you can not manage to book an appointment. Councils dont care. I can understand you feelings but you have to save your money by visiting them for appointment.

Wish you good luck.

Jerryanderson
Newly Registered

Post by Jerryanderson » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am

do we have to pay for just normal ceremony as well?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:40 pm

London102 wrote:Correct in saying, we are the loosers at the end.

Keeping this view I went personally and got appointment for 31st of March.

Regards,

Tim555 wrote:

Wish you good luck.
Great 8) :) :D wish you good luck

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Guys, does the HO sends the application received ackldgmnt letter via 1st class or 2nd class post??