ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

August 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mariof
Newly Registered

Re: August 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by mariof » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 am

And here's a final update from me. It took the HO a little longer than six months to get my application processed.

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs EU national + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 01/08/2014
Received Date : 04/08/14
Payment method: Credit card
Date of Payment: 12/08/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 12/08/2014
Approval : 23/02/2014 (letter dated 08/02/2015)
Date of Ceremony: to be scheduled

vpp1981
United Kingdom

Post by vpp1981 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi all,

Atlast I received the approval yesterday dated 25th Feb. last month I also received the update letter about 3-6 months delay. Good luck for all members

Approval : 6th Mar - dated 25/02/2015
Date of Ceremony: waiting

1unicorn
Newly Registered

Post by 1unicorn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:14 pm

I have applied in August 2014. In Feb as soon as i reach 6 months i called HO twice. Each time they were saying its under consideration. it should be soon blah blah blah. I have also received the 3 - 6 months letter in Feb.

Yesterday I have received a reply from my MP, the replying letter from HO said something about the regular 11 Dec scrutiny checks.. you know all these BS. And at the end of the letter it says my case has NOT even been assigned to a caseworker yet. This is after 7 months waiting.

Its frustrating to see applicants who applied in Jan and Feb has already received theirs and my case hasnt even been looked.... HO seriously has some issues and the least they can do is to process the applications in a timely order... I am pissed!

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:18 pm

1unicorn wrote:I have applied in August 2014. In Feb as soon as i reach 6 months i called HO twice. Each time they were saying its under consideration. it should be soon blah blah blah. I have also received the 3 - 6 months letter in Feb.

Yesterday I have received a reply from my MP, the replying letter from HO said something about the regular 11 Dec scrutiny checks.. you know all these BS. And at the end of the letter it says my case has NOT even been assigned to a caseworker yet. This is after 7 months waiting.

Its frustrating to see applicants who applied in Jan and Feb has already received theirs and my case hasnt even been looked.... HO seriously has some issues and the least they can do is to process the applications in a timely order... I am pissed!
they have stoop down to an unprecedented level--no justification , no accountability, no reimbursement, poorest customer service...absolute ho**e s**t..

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:26 pm

london_2014 wrote:
1unicorn wrote:I have applied in August 2014. In Feb as soon as i reach 6 months i called HO twice. Each time they were saying its under consideration. it should be soon blah blah blah. I have also received the 3 - 6 months letter in Feb.

they have stoop down to an unprecedented level--no justification , no accountability, no reimbursement, poorest customer service...absolute ho**e s**t..
there must be a way to deal with this kind of incompetency. It seems like there is no regulatory body or any independant orginsation who can monitor HO performance or atleast deal with complaints independently. Every govt orginisation has independant regulatory bodies, there must be one for HO too.

or one can infrom his/her MP and ask them to atleast raise the question that how come is it possible that HO hasnt assigned the August 14 application to a case worker yet and on the other side Jan, Feb 15 applicants r receiving their approvals.

If that 11 Dec scrutiny report is causing these delays then it should be for all applications. If recent applications are going through the same famous extra scrutiny and getting approvals in weeks then it clearly suggests that it is not a lengthy process at all then why these June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct etc etc applications r still pending.

Timelines here on this forum suggests that HO only pick n choose applications randomly and rest r gathering dust.

There must be a platform to raise this issue.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:39 am

waiz89k wrote:
london_2014 wrote:

there must be a way to deal with this kind of incompetency. It seems like there is no regulatory body or any independant orginsation who can monitor HO performance or atleast deal with complaints independently. Every govt orginisation has independant regulatory bodies, there must be one for HO too.

or one can infrom his/her MP and ask them to atleast raise the question that how come is it possible that HO hasnt assigned the August 14 application to a case worker yet and on the other side Jan, Feb 15 applicants r receiving their approvals.

If that 11 Dec scrutiny report is causing these delays then it should be for all applications. If recent applications are going through the same famous extra scrutiny and getting approvals in weeks then it clearly suggests that it is not a lengthy process at all then why these June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct etc etc applications r still pending.

Timelines here on this forum suggests that HO only pick n choose applications randomly and rest r gathering dust.

There must be a platform to raise this issue.

May be write to Shadow Home Secretary

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 pm

london_2014 That is actually a good idea.

People r paying £906 for each naturalisation application and in the famous 11 DEC report of Mr John Vine, it states that HO expenses on one application including everthing r only £147. still they are not sending acknowledgement letters, not picking up phones, not giving actual/proper updates on the applications even after 6 months, not sending decisions by atleast 1st class mail.

If there is a backlog then HO should be dealing with applications which r first in the que, not just jumping the que and start processing new applications and leaving the backlog as it is Or atleast give a proper information why this uncertainity and randomness is happening why some applications r still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker even after 6 months and some r approved in 3 weeks time.

Their way of working is not making any sense here.

The best way is raise this issue one the proper platform.

Shadow Home Secretary is Yvette Cooper from labour

her contact deails are mentioned on her website.

http://www.yvettecooper.com/contact_yvette

I recomend all of you to please drop her an email regarding this high uncertainity and randomness of HO.

OR

If one of the members here can draft the email and we all can sign it and send it as a joint email to the shadow home secretary then it will definitely make a difference otherwise 1 or 2 emails wont make any difference.

I know atleast 15 people who r facing the same uncertainity and they r not on this forum. I am more than happy to request them to sign the email too.

klevera
Newly Registered

Post by klevera » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Just one email probably wouldnt come up on the incoming mail, lets send one email each and use the same subject line "Application for Naturalisation" once email sent suggest on the forum..

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:39 pm

klevera wrote:Just one email probably wouldnt come up on the incoming mail, lets send one email each and use the same subject line "Application for Naturalisation" once email sent suggest on the forum..
lets draft an email and post it on the group so people can use the same email and send it by just changing their names.
would anyone help who is good in writing an official email and suggesting the facts???

chrispratt4uk
Newly Registered

Post by chrispratt4uk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:40 am

Dear All,
I have been quietly following this blog since I applied and I was anxious to reply for many posts but I had difficulties to register on this website. However I have now managed to register through proxy server.
I posted my application through an agent on 31st July 2014 but as per Home office my date of application is 01st of August 2014.
It has been a very long wait and i'm not sure when this dream will come true .
Initially, I was so frustrated but later I understand there has been lot of work load at the case worker end because lot of naturalisation case workers have been transferred to passport office and most of them were returned only at the end of year 2014. Besides, I have also seen a document produced by an independent body in May 2014 complaining that "the Home office has been too good in processing naturalisation application and the customer service has been excellent unfortunately they are missing to tight the security and it seems they are not scrutinising the naturalisation applications thoroughly".
Mainly due to the above two reasons, Home office might have decided to put a hold on applications from June 2014 to express the reality in-addition to shortage of staffs to process the applications (transfer of staffs till end of year 2014). Once all the staffs were returned back to naturalisation department, they started kicking swiftly most of the application which was in front of them i.e January 2015 onwards and thats the reason you see most of the applications this year has been processed in a very short time-scale. In my opinion Home office understands that applications from May 2014 till November 2014 has been collecting dust for a long time and they might have agreed internally that they are covered by the complaint/review produced by independent body. So they consider all those applications as a backlog since most of the application has also passed the 6 months deadline. However they would have set a target that they had to clear all these backlog application in the next 3-6 months in addition to the current incoming application by juggling. This is one of the reason, most of the people who made an enquiry or a complaint earlier received the letter in February stating that their application process will take another 3-6 months which was sent out by Home office to cover their back. For your information, home office has been receiving around 7000 -8000 naturalisation application on an average for a month. Gradually, they completed processing almost 60-70% of the may 2014 and June 2014 applications this year and they also released the exact number as part of their FOI release. But the untouched and mainly affected applications are between July 2014 till October 2014 and they would have agreed to hold these statistical information and not to release as part of FOI. That is the reason you all would have noticed that the FOI release for July and August 2014 applications processed were less than 8% as recorded at september 2014 and they are hesitating to release those numbers as at today, however I believe they would have now randomly started picking these backlog applications and as a result you all would have noticed few approvals have started coming through for the applicants between July 2014 and October 2014 since Feb 2015. I hope they are gradually processing the backlogs and sending out the approval letters once in two weeks or in a bulk. I wish you all a good Luck and hope the approval letter knocks all your door soon.

I have also raised with Home office regarding Naturalisation Applications received in JULY 2014 and AUGUST 2014 as part of the Freedom of Information act and they are supposed to respond by 24th March 2015. We all would get a clear picture if they released the figures as at today. Please follow the below link for more details

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ons_rece_3

I have posted my application time line below for your reference.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 1 Year ILR + 5 years Tier 1 General
Language Criteria: Masters degree in UK + Life in the UK Test
Method of application: Legal Agent (By post)
Application Form Type: FORM AN for naturalisation
Date of application: 31/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/08/2015
Date of debit of fees: 11/08/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Letter Dated 11/08/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Still Waiting .....................and its been a long wait.................
Date of Ceremony: Still Waiting .......................

I wish you all a good Luck and hope the approval letter knocks all your door soon.

Thanks

chrispratt4uk
Newly Registered

Post by chrispratt4uk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 am

Dear All,
I have received a response today from Homeoffice with regards to the number of naturalisation applications processed for July 2014 and August 2014. It looks like lot of applications have been completed and only few more to go.
Please see below link for more details:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 034529.pdf

Thanks

rd409
Newly Registered

Post by rd409 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:31 am

The figure on the response shows they only have cleared 67% of files. Is this not in contravention of their service standard?

jabajaw
Newly Registered

Post by jabajaw » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Finally! 229 Days later.

Applicants: Two - Wife & I
Eligibility criteria: 10 yrs residency including 5yr ILR
Language criteria met : NA
Current nationality: Australian
Method of application: Post
Council name if NCS used: N/A
Date of application: 31/07/14
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/08/14 (tracked it on royalmail)
Date of acknowledgment: 10/08/14 (Yes on a Sunday!)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 14/08/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/08/14 (Yes on a Sunday!)
Date of approval: 11/03/2015
Date approval received: 18/03/2015
Date of ceremony: 08/04/2015

Goodluck All.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:16 pm

rd409 wrote:The figure on the response shows they only have cleared 67% of files. Is this not in contravention of their service standard?
If they r claiming that they r completing 99% applications in 6 months time then it is indeed.

vpp1981
United Kingdom

Post by vpp1981 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 am

Updating the post with the ceremony date :)

Approval : 6th Mar - dated 25/02/2015
Date of Ceremony: 19/03/2015

tinuola77
Newly Registered

Post by tinuola77 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Am August member which apply last year almost 8 month now, I called HO today still the same story "under consideration" but d guy I spoke to say to me that I should call back next week that it should be done by then.....anyone know what that means as I know my application is not a straight forward application, still I wonder what that mean/what will happen. I just pray good thing should happen.

Has anyone had an idea what that mean?

Thankx :roll:

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 pm

tinuola77 wrote:Hi everyone,

Am August member which apply last year almost 8 month now, I called HO today still the same story "under consideration" but d guy I spoke to say to me that I should call back next week that it should be done by then.....anyone know what that means as I know my application is not a straight forward application, still I wonder what that mean/what will happen. I just pray good thing should happen.

Has anyone had an idea what that mean?

Thankx :roll:

Hi,they told me the same thing few weeks ago,but they told me ur application is in final stage and u should hear from us shortly,..then I called them yesterday and asked about my case,the person on the phone told me thers no such s thing as final stage which we could see and ur application is pretty much under consideration and yet waiting to be deal with(((means just sitting there and collecting dust))...then he said it can take more than the even 3-6 months we told u have to wait...I hope in ur case be different and not t be like me which really pushed me step back..from yesterday I'm so upset I can't explain.its not about the answer,it's about the way they play with us like we are thier toys..one day they saying it dealt with and u gone hear from us very shortly and another day they saying NO it's not true and ur case still waiting to be dealt with and even u may wait over a year...

IraMil357

Post by IraMil357 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Why don't you guys ask your MP to help? I read some posts telling that they have got their approvals after they had contacted their MPs, who made enquiries to HO...

Best of luck
Applied 03/03/2015
Fee deducted 10/03/2015
Approval letter received 01/05/2015
Ceremony 02/06/2015
Passport application sent 05/06/2015

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello everyone, here is a little update from me, non eea family member apply for nationalit 5+1year with all prove of working without a permanent residence in august 2014, so in February 2015 I receive a 3 to 6 months letter asking me to whait for another 3 to 6 months; after that I receive another letter again this morning asking for my original passport to be send to them as soon as possible, my question now is that has anyone else experience this before because I added all my passport page's fotocopes with my application ur suggestions will be highly appreciated Thanks
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

Jde
Newly Registered

Post by Jde » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:36 pm

UPDATES!!!!!

FINALLY RECEIVED MY LETTER FOR CITIZENSHIP

Eligibility criteria: 7 Years + 1 Year ILR+ Life in UK + UK degrees + Spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS (Wandsworth)
Date of application: 15/08/2014
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/08/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 22/08/2014 via email and probably dated as 22/08/2014 by post
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/08/2014
Date approval received: 26th March 2015 (Dated 18th March 2015)
Date of ceremony: 2nd April 2015

ILR13
Newly Registered

Post by ILR13 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:50 pm

first2013 wrote:Hello everyone, here is a little update from me, non eea family member apply for nationalit 5+1year with all prove of working without a permanent residence in august 2014, so in February 2015 I receive a 3 to 6 months letter asking me to whait for another 3 to 6 months; after that I receive another letter again this morning asking for my original passport to be send to them as soon as possible, my question now is that has anyone else experience this before because I added all my passport page's fotocopes with my application ur suggestions will be highly appreciated Thanks
If they asked for the passport, do send it quickly and through special delivery. Please do enclose a cover letter as well. Don't forget to enclose a return self addressed special delivery envelope and keep its tracking number as well. Hope you will have your approval soon. They might have sent you a brown envelope had an address and a reference number on it. If so please use that envelope to send it via special delivery as it will go straight to the case worker. They have asked for our passport as well and then we got approval in 2 weeks.
The reference on the envelope is your actual application reference and will be the same on your approval letter. Hope it helps.
Good luck and best wishes. :D

chrispratt4uk
Newly Registered

Post by chrispratt4uk » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:25 am

Dear all,
Finally received my citizenship letter from home office on 26th April and I collected it From my agent on 27th April (letter dated 17th march).
I called the customer service On 12th March and it was Attended by a gentleman who has been very Kind . But unfortunately I received the same reply that my application is still under consideration, but he was Very Caring and he told me that Case workers are trying their best and cleared lot of applications from the Backlogs Hopefully mine Would be in the queue Also he was telling me do you Know why it has been taking this long and quickly I said " that's fine and I can understand the work load at the caseworker end.. I'll wait " and he told me "take care" before I disconnect the phone.

[Eligibility criteria: 1 Year ILR + 5 years Tier 1 General
Language Criteria: Masters degree in UK + Life in the UK Test
Method of application: Legal Agent (By post)
Application Form Type: FORM AN for naturalisation
Date of application: 31/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/08/2015
Date of debit of fees: 11/08/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Letter Dated 11/08/2015
Date of receipt of approval: 26/27 th March 2015 (letter dated 17th March)
Date of Ceremony: 2nd April

I can understand, waiting is a real pain..but don't loose your hope and I think you are next because they have been in the process of clearing lot of back logs .. I wish you all a good luck and God bless you !

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

ILR13 wrote:
first2013 wrote:Hello everyone, here is a little update from me, non eea family member apply for nationalit 5+1year with all prove of working without a permanent residence in august 2014, so in February 2015 I receive a 3 to 6 months letter asking me to whait for another 3 to 6 months; after that I receive another letter again this morning asking for my original passport to be send to them as soon as possible, my question now is that has anyone else experience this before because I added all my passport page's fotocopes with my application ur suggestions will be highly appreciated Thanks
If they asked for the passport, do send it quickly and through special delivery. Please do enclose a cover letter as well. Don't forget to enclose a return self addressed special delivery envelope and keep its tracking number as well. Hope you will have your approval soon. They might have sent you a brown envelope had an address and a reference number on it. If so please use that envelope to send it via special delivery as it will go straight to the case worker. They have asked for our passport as well and then we got approval in 2 weeks.
The reference on the envelope is your actual application reference and will be the same on your approval letter. Hope it helps.
Good luck and best wishes. :D

@ILR13 thanks for your reply, yes it was a brown envelope but I didn't add any letter jst my passport with a return special delivery envelope because my solicitor told me to send jst only my passport, thanks very much once again i think now I have a bit of hope.
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

ILR13
Newly Registered

Post by ILR13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 pm

Good luck and best wishes. :D[/quote]

@ILR13 thanks for your reply, yes it was a brown envelope but I didn't add any letter jst my passport with a return special delivery envelope because my solicitor told me to send jst only my passport, thanks very much once again i think now I have a bit of hope.[/quote]

You are welcome. Hope your approval will arrive soon. :D

tinuola77
Newly Registered

Post by tinuola77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 am

Hello All,

Today I send my son application while mine is still under consideration as I called HO last week to ask if I can still send the old form the guy I spoke too said yes that it valid for 21days from the date that it was issue. My application is now 8months as I said earlier that my application is not straight forward and have been seeing people coming out with approval even though they have service their community service.

Can someone tell me any option/ if mine application is not going to affect my son application or what will be the next step. :oops:

Would they treat them together as mine application is 8month old now or separate? :mrgreen:

Any relax opinions will be great appreciate. :roll:

Thank u all. :mrgreen: