ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by amralialla100216 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 pm

katerina_k wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi everyone,

So I called the EU resolution centre again today(5th of May, Sunday). It has been a month since I received my CoA. In this month period I contacted them several times, and the only information I got is that I am only eligible for the pre-settled status.

I told the EU resolution centre that I waited for a month and that my application has been downgraded to the pre-settled status. He told me that for whatever reason applications downgraded from settled to pre-settled status are taking longer. He also told me that since I've waited for a month, he can escalate my application, and with the escalation I should receive the outcome in the next week.

So we will see if this escalation really does anything.
Hi,

Since you have escalated your case have you received your status ?

Thanks

katerina_k
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katerina_k » Mon May 13, 2019 12:45 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 pm
katerina_k wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi everyone,

So I called the EU resolution centre again today(5th of May, Sunday). It has been a month since I received my CoA. In this month period I contacted them several times, and the only information I got is that I am only eligible for the pre-settled status.

I told the EU resolution centre that I waited for a month and that my application has been downgraded to the pre-settled status. He told me that for whatever reason applications downgraded from settled to pre-settled status are taking longer. He also told me that since I've waited for a month, he can escalate my application, and with the escalation I should receive the outcome in the next week.

So we will see if this escalation really does anything.
Hi,

Since you have escalated your case have you received your status ?

Thanks
Hi.

Unfortunately not :( so i called yesterday, and asked about my escalation. The resolution centre worker put me on hold to check my case with the 'escalation department' . After talking with them, she said that my case didn't get lost (thank you very much) and i just need to wait, since downgraded applications (from settled to pre-settled status) take longer. I kinda feel like giving up calling them and just wait. This time, somehow, it felt like this escalation was a lie . Like they just tell this to calm people down for some time.

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi
Again
It so annoying
My wife applied with Brp card looks like really Brp
Card holders will wait
Today called again lady said they don’t know what to do and waiting for guidance how to deal with this
And shortly we will get instructions
Even before them say not need to do biometric or so yes we will get instructions to do it
Seriously all this time them keep telling not need to do it any way my wife brp card is due to expire
We recived only one mail saying our application is submitted successfully and still under process and shortly we get instructions from caseworker
But when ????
Looks like when applied with Passport application goonh easy way biometric and then coa that’s it
Then waiting for results we don’t get nothing just
Words everything is ok

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
Today called again lady said they don’t know what to do and waiting for guidance how to deal with this
Even before them say not need to do biometric or so yes we will get instructions to do it
Seriously all this time them keep telling not need to do it any way my wife brp card is due to expire
We recived only one mail saying our application is submitted successfully and still under process and shortly we get instructions from caseworker
But when ????
Looks like when applied with Passport application goonh easy way biometric and then coa that’s it
Words everything is ok
If you have dual citizenship you should have applied though the paper application. Do not wait any longer, call resolution centre or send them the request of paper application with your details and your application will be personalised and sent out directly to your home address. Have a look at the thread where one man was waiting for nothing having dual citizenship until he called them and was advised that the application will be sent to him to apply.

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
It is indeed very annoying, I'm on the same boat as your wife. I applied using a brp, which is about to expire. Everytime I call, they tell me if I have been contacted already to submit my biometrics... when I say no, they only say that I have two, that I will be contacted shortly (They have been saying the same for the past 2 weeks), but when I contacted at the beginning they assured me that I won't need to submit biometrics... All this time lost, when they could have told us from the beginning that we need to submit the biometrics and to send us an invitation, is not hard! I believe we are on our right to claim this urgency, but I don't know who could we speak to demand our rights... the escalation thing is just to make us stop calling...

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:49 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
It is indeed very annoying, I'm on the same boat as your wife. I applied using a brp, which is about to expire. Everytime I call, they tell me if I have been contacted already to submit my biometrics... when I say no, they only say that I have two, that I will be contacted shortly (They have been saying the same for the past 2 weeks), but when I contacted at the beginning they assured me that I won't need to submit biometrics... All this time lost, when they could have told us from the beginning that we need to submit the biometrics and to send us an invitation, is not hard! I believe we are on our right to claim this urgency, but I don't know who could we speak to demand our rights... the escalation thing is just to make us stop calling...
Today I called uk immigration office and ask about this problem not recived anything and my wife card is due to expire anyway them told me as long she applied before card is expired everything is ok Coa is only for work
But how long ???
Exactly we lost time we should apply with Passport is much more easy u get biometric appointment and coa almost instantly
So much frustrating this . Did you recived Coa

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:49 pm
danielpdo wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
Today I called uk immigration office and ask about this problem not recived anything and my wife card is due to expire anyway them told me as long she applied before card is expired everything is ok Coa is only for work
But how long ???
Exactly we lost time we should apply with Passport is much more easy u get biometric appointment and coa almost instantly
Correct! I thought about the same. Applying for the passport / visa / BRC, which takes only 3-4 weeks... but apparently you cannot have two applications open at the same time. Unless you withdraw this one... I don't have a COA and I do really need it for a job offer... it is very frustrating, knowing that we need to submit biometrics, but not knowing when or nothing... and COA is only for work but also if you want to travel abroad... so basically you cannot leave the country, otherwise you cannot proof your rights to be here... is crazy

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:02 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:26 pm
Sky777 wrote:
danielpdo wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
But how long ???
Correct! I thought about the same. Applying for the passport / visa / BRC, which takes only 3-4 weeks... but apparently you cannot have two applications open at the same time. Unless you withdraw this one... I don't have a COA and I do really need it for a job offer... it is very frustrating, knowing that we need to submit biometrics, but not knowing when or nothing... and COA is only for work but also if you want to travel abroad... so basically you cannot leave the country, otherwise you cannot proof your rights to be here... is crazy
Yea true
I will call Friday and demand my wife coa it is not good
I will put update soon I get anything and if get anything pls let me know
Thank you

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 pm

[/quote]
Yea true
I will call Friday and demand my wife coa it is not good
I will put update soon I get anything and if get anything pls let me know
Thank you
[/quote]

You are right, is not good!
if I get any update I'll let you know as well! thanks and good luck!

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:26 pm
Sky777 wrote:
danielpdo wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
But how long ???
I think you are misunderstanding the CoA literally is nothing and it won't allow you to work at all even employer will not accept it as a prove of work if you don't have a non EU family permit or BRC , even tho you have CoA you have the same right as the BRP or Visa you hold. I am on tier 4 just allow to work for 20 hours, I applied for a job using my EU settlement CoA , the home office told my employer that I am just allowed to work for 20 hours and CoA is not a prove of eligibility to work!
I know this is really annoying !!

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
Try to contact your MPs to act on your behalf, I have emailed my MPs today ! I hope this will work !

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm
I think you are misunderstanding the CoA literally is nothing and it won't allow you to work at all even employer will not accept it as a prove of work if you don't have a non EU family permit or BRC , even tho you have CoA you have the same right as the BRP or Visa you hold. I am on tier 4 just allow to work for 20 hours, I applied for a job using my EU settlement CoA , the home office told my employer that I am just allowed to work for 20 hours and CoA is not a prove of eligibility to work!
[/quote]
Seriously? I was expecting to be able to work with the CoA. The resolution centre told me that even without the COA, if the company calls the Gov, they would tell them that I'm allow to work in the UK... I'm now very worried! :( this is very annoying!

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 pm

[/quote]

You are not quite right. If you were allowed to work before you applied under Settelement Scheme, nothing will change (in your case it is 20 hours). CoA in this situation is not residence status proved, it is just valid receipt as a confirmation that your application is under consideration. For example, my BRP expired (with work permitted) in August 2017. In October, 2017 I started new job. My empoyer contacted HO who confirmed that I am allowed work. I am Non-EU family member with retained rights who had never held BRC but always was allowed to work.

Also on a CoA issued under Scheme is it said like the applicant might had have right to work before they applied for Settelement. As I said if you were allowed to work JUST 20 hours nothing has changed in your situation.

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:00 pm

amralialla100216 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm
danielpdo wrote:
Sky777 wrote:
Hi
Again
It so annoying
Card holders will wait
But when ????
Words everything is ok
Try to contact your MPs to act on your behalf, I have emailed my MPs today ! I hope this will work !
Hi
What did u put in mail to MP what u asked
Thank you

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 pm

You are not quite right. If you were allowed to work before you applied under Settelement Scheme, nothing will change (in your case it is 20 hours). CoA in this situation is not residence status proved, it is just valid receipt as a confirmation that your application is under consideration. For example, my BRP expired (with work permitted) in August 2017. In October, 2017 I started new job. My empoyer contacted HO who confirmed that I am allowed work. I am Non-EU family member with retained rights who had never held BRC but always was allowed to work.

Also on a CoA issued under Scheme is it said like the applicant might had have right to work before they applied for Settelement. As I said if you were allowed to work JUST 20 hours nothing has changed in your situation.
[/quote]
So for example if I working now and still not recived Coa
U have right to work etc
I mean in worse scenario when brp card expire and HO still taken so long to process our application

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 pm

To Sky77:

Yes, if you are working now and you were allowed to work before you applied for Settlement Scheme, nothing will change, you are still allowed to work under your category you currently hold.

I think that people who applied online with BRP made a mistake as BRP is not a BRC, BRP is ussued under UK law not a EU like BRC.

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 pm

[quote=Romy88 post_id=1780471 time=1557867267 user_id=210659]
To Sky77:

Yes, if you are working now and you were allowed to work before you applied for Settlement Scheme, nothing will change, you are still allowed to work under your category you currently hold.

I think that people who applied online with BRP made a mistake as BRP is not a BRC, BRP is ussued under UK law not a EU like BRC.
[/quote

In the case of your BRP expired I am not sure will you be allowed to work or not !
But in COA stated exactly you can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EU citizen or as the family member of an EU citizen.
Holding a BRP doesn't mean you are not having the right as the family member! At least this what I think !

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:19 pm

[quote=amralialla100216 post_id=1780476 time=1557868609 user_id=206064]
[quote=Romy88 post_id=1780471 time=1557867267 user_id=210659]
To Sky77:

[/quote

In the case of your BRP expired I am not sure will you be allowed to work or not !
But in COA stated exactly you can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EU citizen or as the family member of an EU citizen.
Holding a BRP doesn't mean you are not having the right as the family member! At least this what I think !
My wife is family member of Eea I’m just dual citizenship Polish and British she is holder brp card

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm

In the case of your BRP expired I am not sure will you be allowed to work or not ! - if the person is Non-EU family member of EU or with retained rights (the result of divorce in my case) they will be allowed to work even if their BRP or BRC expired.

But in COA stated exactly you can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EU citizen or as the family member of an EU citizen. - yes, that is right.

Holding a BRP doesn't mean you are not having the right as the family member! - BRP is issued under UK law. If the person is switching from one category to another, their rights will be changed as well. In my situation initially I came to the UK as Non-EU member of EU with entry visa for six months, then I have 5 years residence. My relationship was broken down and I applied for ILR in error. instead I was issued BRP (under Discretionary Leave to Remain) with my ex-spouse reference number of registration certificate to refer. And still I am treated as Non-EU family member of EU with retained rights.

My wife is family member of Eea I’m just dual citizenship Polish and British she is holder brp card
[/quote]
- I do not know if you saw my message to you in this thread but you initially made a mistake. You have to contac resolution centre and request the paper application as a holder of dual citizenship.

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm
In the case of your BRP expired I am not sure will you be allowed to work or not ! - if the person is Non-EU family member of EU or with retained rights (the result of divorce in my case) they will be allowed to work even if their BRP or BRC expired.

But in COA stated exactly you can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EU citizen or as the family member of an EU citizen. - yes, that is right.

Holding a BRP doesn't mean you are not having the right as the family member! - BRP is issued under UK law. If the person is switching from one category to another, their rights will be changed as well. In my situation initially I came to the UK as Non-EU member of EU with entry visa for six months, then I have 5 years residence. My relationship was broken down and I applied for ILR in error. instead I was issued BRP (under Discretionary Leave to Remain) with my ex-spouse reference number of registration certificate to refer. And still I am treated as Non-EU family member of EU with retained rights.

- I do not know if you saw my message to you in this thread but you initially made a mistake. You have to contac resolution centre and request the paper application as a holder of dual citizenship
I will ask for paper form application but I think to do it it need to new application so this one need to withdraw and start new which We don’t have time cos to start new one need to atleast 70
Days . When We apply HO assured us online is fine to apply I see this before applying paper application lady said is completely Fiume like this so we did apply online and we may stuck
[/quote]

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 am

I will ask for paper form application but I think to do it it need to new application so this one need to withdraw and start new which We don’t have time cos to start new one need to atleast 70
Days .
-I do not think that you have to withdraw your current application, just contact the resolution centre, explain the situation and request the paper application. So far it looks like it's HO fault. But the result is that you current application in voiding. And will be voided until you apply by using the paper accordingly to their Settlement Scheme guidance.

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 am

[quote=Romy88 post_id=1780551 time=1557896004 user_id=210659]
Days .
-I do not think that you have to withdraw your current application, just contact the resolution centre, explain the situation and request the paper application. So far it looks like it's HO fault. But the result is that you current application in voiding. And will be voided until you apply by using the paper accordingly to their Settlement Scheme guidance.
I will ask for it thank you
When we called she say nothing about is void or anything just them waiting for instructions what to do how to do etc
As well I know person which applied with Passport and everything goone smoothly I mean she recived biometric and almost immediately Coa ( her husband is as well Polish and British but instead Brp card she chose Passport even she asked about paper form application them said apply online is fine . I will ask for paper form anyway but looks like is about Brp card
What is frustrating why for them takes so long to find out what is what and keep us waiting . One mail we recived from them our application been submitted successfully and we wait to caseworker to contact with us with instructions etc

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 am

My timeline:

Application: 5th May
Biometric: 10th May
COA: 15th May
Decision: Waiting
BRP: waiting

I am applying with EEA family permit not BRP so no posting (unmarried partner). I am not sure if I receive COA, means that I will be granted pre-settled soon. Does anyone have any pieces of advice?

COA content from HO
"CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION
This certificate of application confirms receipt of your valid application under the
EU Settlement Scheme. You will receive a decision shortly.
You can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EEA or Swiss citizen, or as
the family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen"

Many Thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Someone i know send in January 29th and still waiting for Settled Status. he is keep calling and they keep saying it's with case worker. COA issued 2 months ago.. i think we should count 6 months now ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Sky777
United Kingdom

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:53 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:50 pm
Someone i know send in January 29th and still waiting for Settled Status. he is keep calling and they keep saying it's with case worker. COA issued 2 months ago.. i think we should count 6 months now ?
6 months 🙈🙈🙈🙈