ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:38 pm

apagun wrote:i sent an email to my MP but i was suprised when he replied me saying that he spoke with ukba and they told him that they are making further enquiries.it sound so stupid to me as that was the same information they gave me when i made the application initially.Are they making the enquiries in the MOON.
I called my MP on Friday for feedback as well as I got a letter from them 1st week December that they have contacted UKBA and will get back to me with an update and i was told that they are still waiting to hear from UKBA and that they will chase up. So i guess my call acted as a reminder for them. So hopefully i will hear back in another week or 2 either from my MP or from UKBA since in 2wks I would have been waiting 26wks, the Full 6 months that 95% of applications are dealt with... Just hope i don't fall under the 5% that takes longer.... lol *really holding back tears... lol*

kindley

Post by kindley » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Oluwa112,

I do really understand where you're coming from but like you say all that's needed here is patience.
oluwa112 wrote:
apagun wrote:i sent an email to my MP but i was suprised when he replied me saying that he spoke with ukba and they told him that they are making further enquiries.it sound so stupid to me as that was the same information they gave me when i made the application initially.Are they making the enquiries in the MOON.
I called my MP on Friday for feedback as well as I got a letter from them 1st week December that they have contacted UKBA and will get back to me with an update and i was told that they are still waiting to hear from UKBA and that they will chase up. So i guess my call acted as a reminder for them. So hopefully i will hear back in another week or 2 either from my MP or from UKBA since in 2wks I would have been waiting 26wks, the Full 6 months that 95% of applications are dealt with... Just hope i don't fall under the 5% that takes longer.... lol *really holding back tears... lol*
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 am

I think it works as follow:

an example

person 1: sent application 1 August
person 2: sent application 10 August
person 3: sent application 1 September
person 4: sent application 25 September

the caseworker of person 1's application might see the application 1 week after receiving date but the caseworker might say that application needs further enquiries and put it in a further queue, and this further queue might take further months.

person 3's caseworker sees the application 1 week after the receiving date, the caseworker might find the application straightforward and complete it and send it back straightaway.

therefore the 3rd person will get his before the 1st person.

there still could be a order or queue in order to see the applications however there is no queue or order in order to complete them.

nini5
Newly Registered

ilr granted

Post by nini5 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 pm

SET M posted 16 nov 09
Received 17 nov 09
Ack Letter received 22 nov 09
ILR Stamped 21 jan 10
Home delivery 23 Jan 10
good luck to everyone

kindley

Re: ilr granted

Post by kindley » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Congratulations!
nini5 wrote:SET M posted 16 nov 09
Received 17 nov 09
Ack Letter received 22 nov 09
ILR Stamped 21 jan 10
Home delivery 23 Jan 10
good luck to everyone

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Re: ilr granted

Post by hangermajor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 pm

I just called Home office today and the lady said that my application is not completed .what does she mean ? is it looked or not? nearly 19 weeks now.......................... she also said that 95 percent of the application is solved within 6 months time ,,,,, she told me to wait for ukba to contact me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,how much more?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nrvlprasad
Newly Registered

ILR issued

Post by nrvlprasad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:09 pm

SET O HSMP Jr posted 18 Nov 09
Received 19 nov 09
Ack Letter received 24 Nov 09
ILR Stamped 22 Jan 10
Home delivery 26 Jan 10

Good luck to every one. I noted that my ILR is not back dated, even though, I finished four years nine months ago.

oba
Newly Registered

Post by oba » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:41 pm

[quote="oba"]HI,

I sent my SET O FORM on the 19 /11/09 . Also completed application for dependant over 18 years . completed 2 payment slip one for myself and other for dependant (SON) over 18 yrs.

Payment of £820 taken on 24/11/09

Acknowledge received on 26/11/09

Second paymt of £820 not taken from account .

Called Home Office on number on acknowledge letter but told nothing can be done as its another section that deal with payment . have to wait until application is processed and if right fee not paid . the whole application will be returned.

i believe the second applicantion for dependant was missed out and not a matter of paymt not going through.

25/01/2010 - After nine week dependant over 18 yrs application returned reason fee not paid for dependant but main application been assessed.

Bank confirmed that no attempt made to take second payment of £820 .

Called Home Office told to complete another form for dependant son over 18 yrs and send back .

Set O completed and sent today

[/img]

foxy

Post by foxy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Add me to this waiting list :s

SET O Long Residence ILR

Sent 24/08/09
Ack received 26/08/09
Payment gone through 26/08/09

Now waiting.

Called in December 2009 for an update, was told to wait another 2 months, then call again. No other details given.

skykive
Newly Registered

Post by skykive » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm

foxy wrote:Add me to this waiting list :s

SET O Long Residence ILR

Sent 24/08/09
Ack received 26/08/09
Payment gone through 26/08/09

Now waiting.

Called in December 2009 for an update, was told to wait another 2 months, then call again. No other details given.
have you contacted your MP?

foxy

Post by foxy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:44 pm

skykive wrote:
Not yet. It appears that 6 months has now become the standard time to wait for this? I'll give it 3 more weeks and then will probably try and get things rolling.

Not sure calling them helps either - paying for the national rate line to hear a robot read off a screen is adding insult to the £800 odd fee I paid 5 months ago for a service I'm yet to receive.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:45 pm

foxy wrote:
skykive wrote:
Not yet. It appears that 6 months has now become the standard time to wait for this? I'll give it 3 more weeks and then will probably try and get things rolling.

Not sure calling them helps either - paying for the national rate line to hear a robot read off a screen is adding insult to the £800 odd fee I paid 5 months ago for a service I'm yet to receive.
There is no harm in contacting your MP and it costs you nothing and you are more likely to get a detailed response via your MP that from those robots that deal with calls.
My MP confirmed 1st week of December that he has contacted UKBA and i am still waiting to hear from them. Apparently its 2months Turn around so 1st Week of Feb i should hopefully hear back from my MP and preferably from UKBA as well... been waiting 24.5 Wks...

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi All

SET O HSMP Jr posted 21 Nov 09
Received 22 nov 09
Acknoledgement Letter datd 24 Nov 09 probably recd 26 Nov 09.
ILR Stamped 25 Jan 10
Home delivery of passports by Royal mail (signed for) on 28 Jan 10
Approximately 9 weeks total for postal application.

Only thing is what this Non Biometric set (O) application means? Does it mean that I do not want to take any biometric ID? I applied by post.

Good luck to all waiting for ILR and thanks for valuable information you have given in this forum.

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Soulfullness,

Congratulations on your ILR.

Well done!
soulfullness wrote:Hi All

SET O HSMP Jr posted 21 Nov 09
Received 22 nov 09
Acknoledgement Letter datd 24 Nov 09 probably recd 26 Nov 09.
ILR Stamped 25 Jan 10
Home delivery of passports by Royal mail (signed for) on 28 Jan 10
Approximately 9 weeks total for postal application.

Only thing is what this Non Biometric set (O) application means? Does it mean that I do not want to take any biometric ID? I applied by post.

Good luck to all waiting for ILR and thanks for valuable information you have given in this forum.

hangermajor
Newly Registered

average waiting time? set (o) 10 years long residence

Post by hangermajor » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm

please can anyone tell me what is the average time to get ur passport back applying for 10 years long residence application? Thanks in advance....

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Re: average waiting time? set (o) 10 years long residence

Post by Procrastinator » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:13 pm

hangermajor wrote:please can anyone tell me what is the average time to get ur passport back applying for 10 years long residence application? Thanks in advance....
They [UKBA] say it takes 6 months for 95% of applications they receive but technically speaking it may take longer than this... the key point is that when you apply you just need to forget that you had submitted an application for ILR with all important documents; just do not think about it for 6 months.... you need to be very patient in this game.

One more thing... never contact UKBA and ask an update on your application; it makes your case worst and they keep you waiting longer as a result of this.

kingie67
Newly Registered

Post by kingie67 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 am

Procrastinator wrote: One more thing... never contact UKBA and ask an update on your application; it makes your case worst and they keep you waiting longer as a result of this.
Hi Procrastinator
This is an interesting point. How can this be? Why would asking for an update delay your your application? In any case you dont really get any useful information if you ask for an update

goody09

appointment

Post by goody09 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 pm

there are avialable appointments at crodon now if someone is interested

Best wishes

Goody

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:26 pm

MPs have got dedicated phone line at the HO
My MP's assistant has rang the HO today and asked the progress of my application and also asked why they still have not replied her letter which she sent 2 months ago.
I applied ILR under the 10 years long residence rule on the 11th of September 2009

they said :
''his application is currently at caseworking section, normal applications normally takes 13-14 weeks to complete, but this type of legacy applications takes much more than that, he will have to wait until he hears from HO, we cannot give you any timeline''

what is legacy application? in wikipedia it says
A legacy or legacies is what someone or something is remembered for or what they have left behind that is remembered, revered or has impacted current events and the present day

I do not know what legacy mean in immigration

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 pm

taylondon wrote:I do not know what legacy mean in immigration
Usually it means: being under previous/old set of rules.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:40 pm

taylondon wrote:
they said :
''his application is currently at caseworking section, normal applications normally takes 13-14 weeks to complete, but this type of legacy applications takes much more than that, he will have to wait until he hears from HO, we cannot give you any timeline''

I do not know what legacy mean in immigration
wow! that is a big surprise??? What makes ur application a legacy one?? That is a Big lie! maybe to get your MP to ask them to clarify what makes your application a legacy application since you applied Sept.2009 and applied under the Long Residence according to Chapter 18 of the Immigration Directorate Instructions updated April 2009. Which is the Current. How can they say you are legacy?? That doesn't make sense!!!!

So did some googling about Legacy Cases and here is what i found: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cac ... Ua8ov2SZQg

Page 2 point 1. And every time i searched UKBA Legacy Case - Asylum Seekers come up! I really don't think who ever that responded was looking at the right file! or they have placed you under the wrong pile and wont be looked at till July 2011 which is the deadline set for UKBA to deal with Legacy applications!

What does it mean to be a legacy case?

5. BIA has given so little information on legacy that it is difficult to define what is a legacy case with both meaning and accuracy. The best answer that can be offered, at present, is that a legacy case is any outstanding case, where an asylum claim has at some point been made and the case is not being dealt with by the New Asylum Model (NAM). Here, outstanding means no more than the person has not been granted settled status and remains in the UK (or BIA records suggest this).

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:jE ... =firefox-a
Last edited by oluwa112 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Procrastinator wrote:
One more thing... never contact UKBA and ask an update on your application; it makes your case worst and they keep you waiting longer as a result of this.

I really don't think that can be possible. Its not the same people dealing with calls that are dealing applications.

CLS
Newly Registered

Post by CLS » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 pm

wunder wrote:
taylondon wrote:I do not know what legacy mean in immigration
Usually it means: being under previous/old set of rules.
In this context, I would interpret it as: being considered as a valid application under existing set of rules, that is due to be (but not yet) replaced by a new set of rules which would have made your application invalid.

The thing I don't understand is, if under the existing set of rules, the application is valid, does it matter if it is legacy or not??? Rules are rules, as long as they have not changed, the existing set of standards shall prevail... including the application criteria and most importantly, the duration of a decision.

Their argument does not stand up.

kingie67
Newly Registered

SET (O) for 10year long residence rule

Post by kingie67 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi all those who are waiting for ILR under the 10 year rule. The tracking list has not been done for a while so I have decided to update it.

Rajj applied on 15/07/09 and got it on 17/12/09 WAITED FOR 22weeks
Haha applied on 24/07/09 and got it on 25/11/09 WAITED FOR 17 weeks
Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 26 weeks
Oluwa112 applied 10/08/08 and is still waiting: now 25 weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 24 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 24 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 and is till waiting: now 23 weeks
CLS appplied 27/08/09 and is still waiting: now 22.5 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 21 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 20.5 weeks

I know this is a very depressing list - only two positive results so far!
I went to see my MP today. There is a huge backlog at the home office and we are likely to be waiting longer than we expect. He says there is nothing much more he can do for me apart from what he has done already i.e. phoning the Home Office on one occasion and being told what the inquiry line keeps telling me (not yet completed)

kingie67
Newly Registered

Post by kingie67 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 pm

hangermajor wrote:please can anyone tell me what is the average time to get ur passport back applying for 10 years long residence application? Thanks in advance....
Hello Hangermajor
Please refer to my earlier post with the list of people who have applied under this category. If you want you can send us details of when you applied - we can then add you to the growing list of applicants