ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by Shaha93 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:33 am

Hi to all I m new
I request for reconsideration of British nationality
12/12/2015
But I am still waiting for the money to be taken from my account please anyone can inform me how long they will take

ali_hsn

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:17 am

hi Shaha93,

With more recent cases we have seen money taken off account quite close to bio-metrics letter date.
In your case, I believe it's simply the wait before it gets assigned to a caseworker.

I would call the home office with your original reference number and ask them to confirm.

Regards.
all is well that ends well

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Shaha why you get refusal, can you share plz?
£80 will taken don't worry.
And there is not time limit for reconsideration.
After 8 months Some one receive approval.
And most them are refuse base on over stay and breaking rule.

Shaha93 wrote:Hi to all I m new
12/12/2015
But I am still waiting for the money to be taken from my account please anyone can inform me how long they will take

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Post by Shaha93 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:21 am

Rassel wrote:Shaha why you get refusal, can you share plz?
£80 will taken don't worry.
And there is not time limit for reconsideration.
After 8 months Some one receive approval.
And most them are refuse base on over stay and breaking rule.

Shaha93 wrote:Hi to all I m new
12/12/2015
Hi rassel
I apply for nationality in March 2013
Application was refused on good character bas
Then I apply again December 2014
Refused again and HO said tha you not mention on you r previous application the convection
I was already clearly mention I was had convection

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Post by Shaha93 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 am

ali_hsn wrote:hi Shaha93,

With more recent cases we have seen money taken off account quite close to bio-metrics letter date.
In your case, I believe it's simply the wait before it gets assigned to a caseworker.

I would call the home office with your original reference number and ask them to confirm.

Regards.
Hi Ali-Hsn
Thanks for your response
Do you want my HO reference number
And nearly one month style waiting for the money to be taken

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:41 am

Shaha93 wrote:

Regards.
Hi Ali-Hsn
Thanks for your response
Ali-Hsn is not asking for your HO reference number. Why do you think this is the case?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Shaha
As CASA mention, keep your personal detail. Don't disclose.
Shaha93 wrote:

Regards.
Hi Ali-Hsn
Thanks for your response

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Rassel wrote:Hi Shaha
I am sure you mean CR001 :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:55 pm

lol yes you are right :D

CR001 wrote:
Rassel wrote:Hi Shaha
Shaha93 wrote: I am sure you mean CR001 :wink:

Shaha93
Newly Registered

Post by Shaha93 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi to all
I still waiting for taken money from my account
Apply for reconsideration 12/12/2015
Anyone still waiting
Can anyone help me how long they take

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:30 am

Just an update really:

Submitted a Reconsideration Application on 13/04/2015.
9 and a half months later - still waiting...

So stop winging everyone and just wait. There is nothing we can do anyway.

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:12 pm

ieroglif wrote:Just an update really:

why did they refused you in the first place and what was the reconsideration based on?
Thats a lot i have to say - how long has it been in total since your initial application ?!

ieroglif
Newly Registered

Post by ieroglif » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:33 pm

london2tim wrote:

why did they refused you in the first place and what was the reconsideration based on?
Thats a lot i have to say - how long has it been in total since your initial application ?!
As mentioned in the earlier post -

I applied for British Citizenship on 19/05/2014.
Got a refusal letter on 12/03/2015 (10 months later).
It has now been over 6 months and no decision (no calls or letters from HO either).

Frustrated...

why were you refused?

They said I have not spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK – here they may be referring to the time spent outside UK (under 12 months) when my mum was undergoing cancer treatment. Clearly, an absence of up to a year is permitted if it’s on the grounds of serious illness which it was. Supporting documents submitted.

Now after waiting for a year for their decision, it is definitely more than even 6 years.

I applied in the first place after being in the country for 5 years 2 months.

london2tim

Post by london2tim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:44 am

ieroglif wrote:
london2tim wrote:

As mentioned in the earlier post -

I applied for British Citizenship on 19/05/2014.
Got a refusal letter on 12/03/2015 (10 months later).
It has now been over 6 months and no decision (no calls or letters from HO either).

Frustrated...

why were you refused?

They said I have not spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK – here they may be referring to the time spent outside UK (under 12 months) when my mum was undergoing cancer treatment. Clearly, an absence of up to a year is permitted if it’s on the grounds of serious illness which it was. Supporting documents submitted.

Now after waiting for a year for their decision, it is definitely more than even 6 years.

I applied in the first place after being in the country for 5 years 2 months.
Well maybe the reason for the long delay is actually in your favour - maybe they're trying to let enough time go so you can qualify without reason of doubt
I have to say applying for AN 5 years and 2 months after knowing that you have been out of the UK cumulatively for more than the 450days limit is a risk you took upon-yourself
Retrospectively thinking now - maybe you should have waited till 2015 and you might have had your Certificate by now;
But as I was saying maybe I am sure its on its way

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Post by Salman1212 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:20 am

Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Post by Salman1212 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:18 am

Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.

Ishjon

Post by Ishjon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:41 am

Dear Forum members, I have received a decision letter unfortunately my application was refused and the reason for refusal is not holding a Permanent Residence. Thinking to apply for reconsideration. :(

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Ishjon wrote:Dear Forum members, I have received a decision letter unfortunately my application was refused and the reason for refusal is not holding a Permanent Residence. Thinking to apply for reconsideration. :(
When did you submit your application? Did you read the AN Guide and AN Booklet, specifically the sections on residency requirements? Did you have permanent residence status or not?

Salman1212
Newly Registered

Post by Salman1212 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm

muskan ali
Pakistan

Post by muskan ali » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:02 am

Hi guys,
My husband had applied for British citizenship in August 2015 so recently received a letter that his application has been refused due to 5 years residency requirements.There is 1 year gap between his passports However my husband got his ILR based on 10 years lawful long residency August 2014.My husband was also not working during that period so can not provide wages slips.
Can anyone give advice he is going to send for reconsideration does he have to send Bank statements,car insurance,etc

erdogan1

Post by erdogan1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:56 am

Does he not have a BRP

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Hello

It's disappointing that you have to prove residency again after ILR - anyways, along with BRP (ILR) you may use the council tax statements to prove he was a resident in the gap year.

Update on my application: Raised it with MP again after writing a letter to the home office and got a call from the home office yesterday. Somebody apologized (that's a first) that it has taken them this long to come back. He also mentioned that he can confirm that my application is now with the case worker who will in either case provide an update in writing in a week's time.
I am just happy at least my application is no longer gathering dust in the pile somewhere. Fingers crossed! :|
all is well that ends well

London20

Post by London20 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:58 pm

Salman1212 wrote:Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.
Hi Salman.please check your inbox.Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:00 pm

London20 wrote:
Salman1212 wrote:Hi I applied for citizenship in May 2015 and my application has been refused as they say I obtained toeic with help of a proxy test taker. I was refused ilr on the same allegation and I had submitted my toeic and ielts certificate that they didn't see.i wrote them a letter saying I have sent them ielts.i was given ilr after which I went to my home country on my return I faced the same question from border control that my toeic was fraudulent they held me for five hours and later appologized and cleared me .now I have been given nr application form for review I don't know where I stand.
Hi Salman.please check your inbox.Thanks
Members are unable to send or receive PMs until they have made 30 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

muskan ali
Pakistan

Reconsideration for unsuccessful Naturalisation application

Post by muskan ali » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:32 am

Hi guys

My husband had applied for British citizenship which has been refused can any one kindly guide please Within how many days he has to apply for Reconsideration.
On the refusal letter no time has been given