ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:12 am

crown wrote:
Latan wrote:....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...
Rubbish! Where did you get that from? Brussels pays asylum seekers!!!
Man get your facts
Let us face it the Irish state spent that money Please always go for facts
I really do not think it is proper to belittle the Irish state and people on this forum
However I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
Thanks
Crown
Thats ridiculous that you still havent got it. Any news how far they are with youre application.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:33 pm

fatty patty wrote:
crown wrote:I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
:shock:
Yep! it ain't fiction bro. A close friend applied January 2007 and no word since. He's always worked as a Doctor (He is now a medical consultant).

adura

Post by adura » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Took the Oath today at county Laois,just six of us all from Africa..the judge made us say our declaration to a full court..very funny..

Hopefully it wont take long to receive the certificate..

Will keep you informed.

I really hope the change in the Justice minister wont put a cog in the wheel..i pray not..

To all those still waiting,though it tarries it will surely come..

Latan and Crown keep hope alive.
God makes all things beautiful

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:00 pm

9jeirean wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
crown wrote:I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
Yep! it ain't fiction bro. A close friend applied January 2007 and no word since. He's always worked as a Doctor (He is now a medical consultant).
I think some nationalities are singled out for late processing, I dont know why!!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 am

strongbow wrote: I think some nationalities are singled out for late processing, I dont know why!!
Have heard that a lot on the forum, but from my own limited observation I haven't been able to substantiate that though.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 am

strongbow wrote: I think some nationalities are singled out for late processing, I dont know why!!
Yup, I second that.

HOTSPURS

PM steps down as FF leader

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:03 pm

What happens to all the files at the minister's office awaiting decision during & immediately after the elections? :shock:

nd2011

Re: PM steps down as FF leader

Post by nd2011 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:02 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:What happens to all the files at the minister's office awaiting decision during & immediately after the elections? :shock:
I guess, all the files will be put on-hold until the new minister settles down in office. He/She may bring out his/her own laws on the method the applications will be accessed and processed. The new method may or may not be in favour of the waiting applicants.

Latan

Post by Latan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 pm

....yes !! The pm- Mr. Cowan resigned !! Hopefully the rest will follow....

adura

Post by adura » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Nd2001,

Thats a hard stance..change in government should not delay the work being done...

Brian Cowen or Mary Harney are not working at the desks so the job continues..

We will keep praying for the country..God will give peace to the Ireland State..

Amen

god help us
Newly Registered

Post by god help us » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 pm

I think they are targeting some applicants or the case officer is very lazy and not doing his job ,met a guy yesterday a friend of a friend applied in early 2009 rang them and told your application is with the minister

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:34 pm

strongbow wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
I think some nationalities are singled out for late processing, I dont know why!!
I 100 % agree with it.. I applied in March 2007 and still no word...called them many times and same crap "each application is decided on merit....blah blah blah.....".. i know few guys who have applied in early 2007 and still waiting...INIS is certainly delaying cases of certain nationalities...

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Just a quick question guys.
Can a naturalised irish sign as a referee on the application for naturalisaton
Its never too late

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:17 pm

southdubliner wrote:
strongbow wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
I 100 % agree with it.. I applied in March 2007 and still no word...called them many times and same crap "each application is decided on merit....blah blah blah.....".. i know few guys who have applied in early 2007 and still waiting...INIS is certainly delaying cases of certain nationalities...
Southdubliner /Crown, are there any issues with your Birth cert, Marriage cert (i.e) blank firstname or no birth certificate but affidavit submitted instead? have you provided your most recent Social Welfare letter? did you keep INIS updated of your GNIB card renewal ? did you guys send your P21s for 2008, 09 & 2010? sorry for so many questions but if you have sorted all the above & don't have any convictions, traffic offences, there's very little reason why yours is not processed in even 36 months. While on phone, I could always find out which report was pending (gardai or Social-welfare) - Only Gardai report is beyond our control & even that arrives within 8 to 10 months of sending your additional docs for 90% of us. For the rest, a reminder is sent to Gardai & shouldn't take long. So, find out what's pending with INIS even if it takes 10 calls on tuesdays & thursdays - letters are absolutely useless & don't reveal anything.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 pm

ostrich wrote:Just a quick question guys.
Offcourse he/she can be a referee.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:29 pm

9jeirean wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
Jan 07 till todate that makes it 4 years on the dot + the applicant is a doctor! Still we have certain people come in and defend the citizenship section/policies? Ah come on...its either yay or nay within 6 months in UK, but I wont get in to that as you know 9j its been covered thoroughly on other threads here where we have contributed. Anyway all we can do is sit and wait and keep annoying marys/johns. :wink:

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Latan wrote:Is it better to apply for citizenship by means of naturalisation if you are a refugee in this country...??? Because i've met them as well- never worked once they arrived- they earned approx. 20 euro per week....and they own more than one car !! Great little island.... :)
Latan wrote:...yeah....did some work for the reception and integration agency-/ dept. of justice in a place called "Mosney"....during 2003 and i was told it's a "cash-cow" for whoever ownes these establishments (b &b's....and hotels which were not making a profit.....ha-ha-ha------u just can't beat the paddy hey ? That's why there were so many that came during the "boom-years" !!
Latan wrote:....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...
No offence, but I think it's a bit cheeky for you to be seeking out the citizenship of Ireland, only to turn around and label us all "paddies", who are too "stingy" and "money hungry" to pay our taxes. Not all of us Irish people partied and blew a fortune in cheap EU credit during the boom years. Just my opinion, but I think you should have more respect for Irish people, especially if you wish to become Irish yourself. :roll:
Last edited by doesnotcompute on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Yes. Someone did it for me....:)-

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

nanette wrote:Yes. Someone did it for me....:)-
Do they actually check with the referee's?

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:48 pm

I suppose they do. But you never know.
Its never too late

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 am

I checked with all my 3 references, none of them were contacted.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:24 am

AShawna wrote:
Same here.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 pm

They don't usually contact the referees except if there are doubts about the authenticity of the info supplied by the applicant.

9j

adura

Post by adura » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Got a reply back today that they received my yellow form..

The wait continues..Hopefully it wont be for too long..

Will keep you posted..

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm

jhbmike wrote:
AShawna wrote:
Same here.
Cheers lads. If they did, it would have added another 6 months for decision ;-)