ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blessed child
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Blessed child » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:17 pm

to be free wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:59 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:15 pm
I just received my COA which allow me to work, study, rent a place, access benefits. Even to travel in and out the UK
Congratulations! God is great. I have read somewhere COA for non-EU is not advisable for travel, at the borders they refuse people back in until outcome of application
I think it will be a mistake to travel with COA. It will be easy to leave the country but I guess coming back might be a problem. One should seek immigration/legal advice before leaving the country with COA. God forbid that while the person was away and the application gets refused ,.The person will be stuck outside until they win the appeal who knows how long that will take and it might break the period of continous lawful residence in the UK which might come handy along the line if someone is in the UK.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Blessed child wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:17 pm
to be free wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:59 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:15 pm
I just received my COA which allow me to work, study, rent a place, access benefits. Even to travel in and out the UK
Congratulations! God is great. I have read somewhere COA for non-EU is not advisable for travel, at the borders they refuse people back in until outcome of application
I think it will be a mistake to travel with COA. It will be easy to leave the country but I guess coming back might be a problem. One should seek immigration/legal advice before leaving the country with COA. God forbid that while the person was away and the application gets refused ,.The person will be stuck outside until they win the appeal who knows how long that will take and it might break the period of continous lawful residence in the UK which might come handy along the line if someone is in the UK.
That makes sense,
As for me, I am not planning to travel anyway.

wizzy1979
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wizzy1979 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Am not planning any travel until the end. By then I leant the COA is a digital status which can be checked by anyone who wants to see ur status when COA being presented as in school,landlord,benefits and so on. One has to generate a code which will allow this to be checked on the gov.uk. But we hope this comes to an end soon

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:43 pm

wizzy1979 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:37 pm
Am not planning any travel until the end. By then I leant the COA is a digital status which can be checked by anyone who wants to see ur status when COA being presented as in school,landlord,benefits and so on. One has to generate a code which will allow this to be checked on the gov.uk. But we hope this comes to an end soon
It will come to an end one day. No situation is permanent whichever way it ends. We remain positive for our sanity

THM1982
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by THM1982 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:58 pm

to be free wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:43 pm
wizzy1979 wrote:
It will come to an end one day. No situation is permanent whichever way it ends. We remain positive for our sanity

Amen It will definitely come to an end In Jesus Name

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:57 am

wizzy1979 wrote:
Please how do you generate the share code?.

wizzy1979
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wizzy1979 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:48 am

Call the resolution centre and they will put u through. It should hve been created automatically when doing ur application they said but mine didn’t so plse call them to confirm.

warid6955321
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by warid6955321 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:38 pm

Semi Finally,
Received my COA today dated 17.02.22
Hoping for the best for me and all of you.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:54 pm

warid6955321 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:38 pm
Semi Finally,
Hi, what is your timeline please... submission, biometrics/ return of documents and coa

warid6955321
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by warid6955321 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:06 pm

to be free wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:54 pm
warid6955321 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:38 pm
Semi Finally,
Hi, what is your timeline please... submission, biometrics/ return of documents and coa
EUSS Zambrano Applied 30.june.2021
Biomatrics done 07.02.2021

Also have my pending application FLR FP.
Applied 08.07.2021

Trishermii
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Trishermii » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Hello members..
I have some bad news and would like your help..
I applied for EUSS,as zambrano in Oct 2019. I have made countless calls to them to ask about the progress of my application and always being told its still in
Progress.
Week ago, they called me asking for my sons passport who i applied for in 2021 as joint application using my previous Reference for EUSS,
To my suprise, they called me again yesterday to inform me they cant find my application but call see my son’s.
During this call, this man informs me that my application was refused in Oct 2020, thats a year ago without my knowledge and havent received any letter of refusal from them for 2 & half years.. i have spoken to them countless times asking thr progress of my application and no one has ever informed about this refusal.. I called

askme234
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by askme234 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:24 pm

I've just received a COA today. I thought I would say this COA is different from the ones that have been posted here recently in that it didn't reference Akinsanya case as it did in the COA posted here recently. It says I can rely on It until a final decision is made on my application including any appeal pending

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I still have a Derivative residence card appeal pending and when my FLR expired in Nov 2021, I didn't reapply instead rely on the only application for the EUSS sent in July 2021.

I observed COA posted days ago which reference Akinsanya seem to be with people who have a pending application for FLR as well as EUU Zambrano application

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:01 pm

Trishermii wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:23 pm
Hello members..
I applied for EUSS,as zambrano in Oct 2019. I have made countless calls to them to ask about the progress of my application and always being told its still in
Progress.
Week ago, they called me asking for my sons passport who i applied for in 2021 as joint application using my previous Reference for EUSS,
To my suprise, they called me again yesterday to inform me they cant find my application but call see my son’s.
During this call, this man informs me that my application was refused in Oct 2020, thats a year ago without my knowledge and havent received any letter of refusal from them for 2 & half years.. i have spoken to them countless times asking thr progress of my application and no one has ever informed about this refusal.. I called
So so sorry. Please find a good solicitor or charity organizations that can help you... very wrong

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:03 pm

Get the refusal and file a late notice of appeal.

The tribunal will grant you permission to proceed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:05 pm

Trishermii wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:23 pm
Hello members..
Progress.
Put in another Zambarano application as things have changed since Akinsanya..do it ASAP.

warid6955321
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by warid6955321 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:35 pm

askme234 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:24 pm
I've just received a COA today. I thought I would say this COA is different from the ones that have been posted here recently in that it didn't reference Akinsanya case as it did in the COA posted here recently. It says I can rely on It until a final decision is made on my application including any appeal pending

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I still have a Derivative residence card appeal pending and when my FLR expired in Nov 2021, I didn't reapply instead rely on the only application for the EUSS sent in July 2021.

I observed COA posted days ago which reference Akinsanya seem to be with people who have a pending application for FLR as well as EUU Zambrano application
I received same COA as yours by post. I have a pending FLR FP application too. But i think Akinsania case and decision till reconsideration is in emails after receiving COA by post. And that email also tells that you can rely on your COA.

warid6955321
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by warid6955321 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:55 pm

Long Silence since a week... is there any update????

Shara111
United Kingdom

Post by Shara111 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:37 pm

warid6955321 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:35 pm
askme234 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:24 pm

I received same COA as yours by post. I have a pending FLR FP application too. But i think Akinsania case and decision till reconsideration is in emails after receiving COA by post. And that email also tells that you can rely on your COA.
Hi,
What's is COA? Thanks

apollo_alpha
United Kingdom

Post by apollo_alpha » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:19 pm

Hello All,

I got a bit of good news today. See the email I got from the HO lawyer requesting to withdraw their appeal after the upper tribunal accepted the permission to appeal last month:

Dear All

Firstly please accept my apologies for taking a little longer than I had hoped to get to this matter: I had a few days off to use up annual leave and have so much going on that my return to work has been extremely busy. I of course intended no disrespect to the Tribunal, Mr *** or Mr ***. I hope that the news that I bring justifies the delay.

I have had a chance to review the case and agree that as it is materially on all fours with the situation in the case of Akinsanya (denial of leave under the EUSS because other leave was held), we have nowhere to go with our challenge and events will now take their course after the review of the rules which I proceeding.

There has been some uncertainty about the procedure to be adopted to bring such appeals to an end. Procedure Rule 17 provides for withdrawal of a party’s case, which certainly seems appropriate here and I do so, but practice seems to vary as to whether the Tribunal can proceed summarily to dismiss the Secretary of State’s appeal or whether a rule 39 consent order is required. The Secretary of State would be content either way, at the convenience of the Tribunal and Mr *********. Certainly a formal determination would assist with moving the case on to the next phase.

By way of an observation only, as nothing turns on it, I would note that the requested threat of strike-out of the Secretary of State’s case under procedure rule 8(3)(a) for non-compliance with the direction sought would have been an empty one, as rule 8(1A) excludes immigration and asylum cases from rule 8 barring the existence of the circumstances in 8(2) which do not apply here. A Citizens’ Rights appeal is an “immigration case” under the definition in rule 1(3).

I await the Tribunal’s confirmation as to what formalities are required to bring the case to close.

Kind regards

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:45 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:19 pm
Hello All,

I got a bit of good news today. See the email I got from the HO lawyer requesting to withdraw their appeal after the upper tribunal accepted the permission to appeal last month:

Dear All

Firstly please accept my apologies for taking a little longer than I had hoped to get to this matter: I had a few days off to use up annual leave and have so much going on that my return to work has been extremely busy. I of course intended no disrespect to the Tribunal, Mr *** or Mr ***. I hope that the news that I bring justifies the delay.

I have had a chance to review the case and agree that as it is materially on all fours with the situation in the case of Akinsanya (denial of leave under the EUSS because other leave was held), we have nowhere to go with our challenge and events will now take their course after the review of the rules which I proceeding.

There has been some uncertainty about the procedure to be adopted to bring such appeals to an end. Procedure Rule 17 provides for withdrawal of a party’s case, which certainly seems appropriate here and I do so, but practice seems to vary as to whether the Tribunal can proceed summarily to dismiss the Secretary of State’s appeal or whether a rule 39 consent order is required. The Secretary of State would be content either way, at the convenience of the Tribunal and Mr *********. Certainly a formal determination would assist with moving the case on to the next phase.

By way of an observation only, as nothing turns on it, I would note that the requested threat of strike-out of the Secretary of State’s case under procedure rule 8(3)(a) for non-compliance with the direction sought would have been an empty one, as rule 8(1A) excludes immigration and asylum cases from rule 8 barring the existence of the circumstances in 8(2) which do not apply here. A Citizens’ Rights appeal is an “immigration case” under the definition in rule 1(3).

I await the Tribunal’s confirmation as to what formalities are required to bring the case to close.

Kind regards

Well done!!!!!! Congratulations for persevering and not giving up. You are almost there.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:11 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:45 pm
apollo_alpha wrote:
Hello All,

Dear All

Kind regards

Well done!!!!!! Congratulations for persevering and not giving up. You are almost there.
I have had a chance to review the case and agree that as it is materially on all fours with the situation in the case of Akinsanya (denial of leave under the EUSS because other leave was held), we have nowhere to go with our challenge and events will now take their course after the review of the rules which I proceeding

This extract from the HO means that they have given up on your case and are ready to grant you because nowhere for them to go

Good job

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:21 am

apollo_alpha wrote:
Hello All,

Dear All

Kind regards

Congratulations in advance! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am

Morning all, there will be an online seminar on zoom about the Akinsanya case in the afternoon today. Below is the link

https://www.doughtystreet.co.uk/event/z ... sanya-mean

apollo_alpha
United Kingdom

Post by apollo_alpha » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:30 am

Hi All,

Thank you all for the best wishes. Hopefully this is the turning point for us all and the HO just gives up and grant us what we rightly deserve.

Whyworry
Nigeria

Post by Whyworry » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi All,

I received update today regarding my EUSS application:

We are contacting you in regards to an application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

You applied to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’.

The definition of a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ provides, at paragraph (b), that the person must be without leave to enter or remain in the UK, unless this was granted under Appendix EU (see Annex 1 to Appendix EU).

You currently hold leave to enter or remain in the UK under Family/Private Life until 01 Sep 2023

The effect of paragraph (b) is that a person who held UK immigration leave (other than under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules) could not meet the Appendix EU definition of a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’.

However, in the case of R (Akinsanya) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2021] EWHC 1535 (Admin), the High Court ruled that paragraph (b), and the parts of the guidance – EU Settlement Scheme: person with a Zambrano right to reside – addressing that provision, were unlawful and ordered the Secretary of State for the Home Department (SSHD) to reconsider the relevant provisions of Appendix EU.

As a result of the High Court’s decision, the SSHD agreed, by way of a consent order dated 17 June 2021, that she will not determine applications made under Appendix EU on the basis that a person is or was a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, where their case is affected by the decision in Akinsanya, until after she has completed her reconsideration of Appendix EU.

Given that you currently hold leave to remain in the UK until 01 Sep 2023, your application is directly affected by the decision in Akinsanya.

The Court of Appeal dismissed the SSHD’s appeal on 25 January 2022 and the SSHD is considering the implications of the judgment. In the meantime, your application cannot yet be decided. A decision will be made as soon as possible once the SSHD has completed her reconsideration of Appendix EU, as required by the consent order.

The SSHD does not consider that any detriment arises as a result of the hold on your application. In accordance with the consent order, as you made a valid EUSS Zambrano application by 30 June 2021, your certificate of application can be relied upon to confirm that your rights to work, study and (in England) rent a place to live are protected until the final determination of your EUSS Zambrano application (including the outcome of any appeal). Delete the following sentence if the person’s limited leave has since expired. As noted above, you also hold leave to enter or remain in the UK until 01 Sep 2023.

Should you require further information about the EU Settlement Scheme, please go to https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families or alternatively, contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre by phone on 0300 123 7379 (from inside the UK), 0203 080 0010 (from outside the UK) or by submitting a further question using the online enquiry form https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start

Please note we cannot deal with any enquiries/replies sent directly to this mailbox.

Yours sincerely,

UKVI European Casework

I am optimistic We will all have good news to share very soon. Delay not denial.