ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: a few queries before applying for ILR in 10yr catagory

Post by Haider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 am

NOG wrote:
Haider wrote:To all who are contributing to this topic:

I am following the post on this topic and finding it very helpful. As I am going to apply for my ILR soon under the same catagory, experiences shared here are inspiring. I nearly spent 10 year in various catagory (student, work) and extended my visa several times. In few occasions, my visa was issued with a later date than the previous one's expiry date. So, there's a gap of days where I didn't have any visa but I had the HO acknowledgement letter saying my application was under process. I also do not have all the letters in possessions. Is this going to be a trouble?

Thanx. Haider
Request your SAR file from UKBA and it might be worth noting the application raised dates. This will give you clarity if there were any late applications made. Visas issued after expiry of the current visa does not necessarily mean there is a gap, it is the application raised date which is important as far as I am aware.
Thanks NOG

That was really useful. I had no clue about SAR and after your suggestion, I looked it up on internet. I am going to make a request soon. You mentioned about noting application raised dates. Did you mean, the date those applications were made and mentioning these dates on a cover letter with the main application for ILR? Thanx again. Haider

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Congrats skrskr.

Waiting times appear to be reaching epic proportions for March applicants. Lets hope we receive some good news this week.

Updated waiting times sheet:

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Haider wrote: You mentioned about noting application raised dates. Did you mean, the date those applications were made and mentioning these dates on a cover letter with the main application for ILR? Thanx again. Haider
You can check application raised dates on your SAR file. This is essentially the date that your application/application for extension was registered with UKBA. This date determines whether you application for extensions were made "in time" or "out of time".
UKBA will already have this information so I see no point in mentioning it on a covering letter, but of course, that is your choice and I am simply offering my opinion.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

NOG wrote:
Haider wrote: You mentioned about noting application raised dates. Did you mean, the date those applications were made and mentioning these dates on a cover letter with the main application for ILR? Thanx again. Haider
You can check application raised dates on your SAR file. This is essentially the date that your application/application for extension was registered with UKBA. This date determines whether you application for extensions were made "in time" or "out of time".
UKBA will already have this information so I see no point in mentioning it on a covering letter, but of course, that is your choice and I am simply offering my opinion.
Point Taken, Thnx NOG.

jbm

Post by jbm » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:19 pm

NOG wrote:

Thanks NOG for keeping us uptodate. hope everyone waiting end soon.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

NOG wrote:Congrats skrskr.

Waiting times appear to be reaching epic proportions for March applicants. Lets hope we receive some good news this week.

Thanks for posting

wow this is getting ridiculously long. I understand they must have so many applications to deal with etc.. but more than 6 months? Without even an update of progress? Just isnt fair.

Diggiboyz
Newly Registered

Section 10 biometric residence permit

Post by Diggiboyz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am

Hi,
Posted my application today and the wait begins. Thanks to all for keeping this forum up to date. It's been a great help.

Regards
Last edited by Diggiboyz on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickpatel2012

i received my PR

Post by nickpatel2012 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 am

Hello all i received my PR & permit yesterday
both dated for 30th august

i made my applciation on 15th of march and time line on sky drive

thank you so much for all your help i was finally able to slepp well last night

liveinhope wrote:
NOG wrote:Congrats skrskr.

Thanks for posting

wow this is getting ridiculously long. I understand they must have so many applications to deal with etc.. but more than 6 months? Without even an update of progress? Just isnt fair.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 am

stoorrey wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:I have applied SET (O)10 years long residence for myself and FLR (M) for my wife & children at the same time. I have sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue) Due to Bank Hol
payment taken out : Waiting
Acknowledgement letter : Waiting
Biometric letter :waiting
biometric done : waiting
passport/bio card received : waiting

The countdown starts now...hopefully I will get a relief once it’s done….

Hi
I was just wondering whether it is allowed to apply for your wife and children at the same as you even if there visas still have time to expire. I have the same case but I was told that i cannot appy for them at the same time but when you get your ILR then they can apply on FLR(M).
Hi “stoorrey”

My wife’s dependant visa is until 3rd Nov and I understand that the HO may take upto 6 months to decide my application for SET (O) and by that time, my wife’s visa will have been expired. This is why I applied my SET (O) and her FLR (M) at the same time with a covering letter explaining the situation and requested them to make a decision on my application FIRST before going on others as they are dependant on me. The money has been taken for both applications and I have also received acknowledgement letters for both applications yesterday. Hopefully everything will be fine.

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue) Due to Bank Hol
payment taken out : 30/08/2012 (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : received on 3/09/12 (dated 30/08/2012)
Biometric letter :waiting
biometric done : waiting
passport/bio card received : waiting

kimnjuka

Re: i received my PR

Post by kimnjuka » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:20 am

[quote="nickpatel2012"]Hello all i received my PR & permit yesterday
both dated for 30th august

i made my applciation on 15th of march and time line on sky drive

thank you so much for all your help i was finally able to slepp well last night

Congrats Nickpatel,by the way what was your timeline u didnt tell us on here..let us know pliz ..wishing a bright future ahead and God Bless you.

kimnjuka

Re: Applied for ILR on 31.Aug.2012

Post by kimnjuka » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:37 am

jai_aus wrote:Hi,

I have been following this topic for quiet a while to gather information. I have applied my ILR on 31.Aug.2012.

I have been in UK since Sep.2002.

Student: 2002 - 2007
IGS: 2008 - 2009
Tier 1 Dependent: 2009 - Present.

I have lost my first passport which I used to enter the UK but did submit all the copies of all the pages including the blank ones from the first passport except one blank page. I did not realise that I am missing one until I saw the page numbers on the copies.

I did request my SAR and luckily I got the first landing card(2002) and the copies of my passport that they have on file.

I also received all the letters from Home office about approved visa extensions.

I submitted all these documents and hopefully within six months I get the ILR.

I am hopeful that the Homeoffice wont question me about one missing photocopy of the page as they have all my travel history on their system.

Regards
Hi , i dont think the home office will question you on ur lost passport.When u asked for SAR what box did u check please.Hopefully u will get ur ilr b4 6months .

jbm

Passport Recived

Post by jbm » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 am

Hi,
with THE GRACE OF GOD i have recived my passport today with approvel letter, my timeline is

application date: 26/03/2012
Bio letter/enrolment date:14/05/2012
Passport recived with approvel letter and supporting docs:04/09/2012
Biomatric card: waiting

i will soon update once i recived my b/card. thanks million to this site and members of this site who help and pray for each other.Nodoubt the guidance and advice you get from senior help alot to achieved that result.

mtbhaz
Newly Registered

Re: Passport Recived

Post by mtbhaz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm

jbm wrote:Hi,
with THE GRACE OF GOD i have recived my passport today with approvel letter, my timeline is

application date: 26/03/2012
Bio letter/enrolment date:14/05/2012
Passport recived with approvel letter and supporting docs:04/09/2012
Biomatric card: waiting

i will soon update once i recived my b/card. thanks million to this site and members of this site who help and pray for each other.Nodoubt the guidance and advice you get from senior help alot to achieved that result.
I received my passports and supporting documents last friday. The strange things are that they have also returned my 2 photos as well as my paid return envelope. Is that normal?

The letter with my name mentioned that the BRP would be sent to me in 7 working days but it had not stated if the ILR was approved exactly. I could only assume it was approved as there were 3 pages of notes (generic unnamed notes) and the first line mentioned the ILR was approved... Do you receive the same information?

Thank you in advance.

let_koko

timeline

Post by let_koko » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:57 pm

My timeline is
Set 0- 10 years- Student
Application sent : 06/08/12 (Mon)
Application received by HO :07/08/12 (Tue)
payment Mode : Bank Draft
Acknowledgement letter : received on 20/08/12 (dated 15/08/2012)
Biometric letter :Waiting
biometric done : Waiting
passport/bio card received : Waiting
I'll update you guys as soon as i receive any corresponds from the HO
Thanks Y'all

Ged

Post by Ged » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:05 pm

It seems somebody messed up with the Excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if an Excel expert could reformat it so that waiting statuses are separated from the finished ones in an appropriate timeline.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Congrats nickpatel2012 and jbm. Great news.

Can I please request those who are assisting to update the time sheet that they do not create a bleeding mess. People have been keeping this excel file organised for months so it would be great if the spreadsheet is simply not turned into a mess with completed and waiting applications all mixed.
It has taken ages to fix it again in a readable organised format. Please be considerate. humph!

jbm

Post by jbm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am

mtbhaz wrote:

I received my passports and supporting documents last friday........do you have same information?

Thank you in advance.
Hi, yes thats correct but dont worry your ILR is 100% approved. i havnt recived potos back just supporting docs and passports. now you recived B/card soon but if you not get it within 7- 10 day than u have to contact HO as it must be problem because most of the b/card normally come same day or 2 to 3 days after you recived you docs.
thanks

mtbhaz
Newly Registered

Post by mtbhaz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 pm

jbm wrote:
mtbhaz wrote:

I received my passports and supporting documents last friday........do you have same information?

Thank you in advance.
Hi, yes thats correct but dont worry your ILR is 100% approved. i havnt recived potos back just supporting docs and passports. now you recived B/card soon but if you not get it within 7- 10 day than u have to contact HO as it must be problem because most of the b/card normally come same day or 2 to 3 days after you recived you docs.
thanks
Thank you jbm! I will keep my fingers crossed and wait patiently!

If I really get my ILR in the next few days, it would be a good news to many of you as I submitted my application in late April, did my biometric enrollment in late June.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Its DONE!

BRP card arrived today dated 1st September. Applied 30th April 2012.
Not sure whether the documents have been received yet as they must have been sent to another address I specified, will need to check.

Thanks to all, especially a select few on the forum, you know who you are!

The waiting has been one hell of a roller-coaster ride and I plan to drink myself to death today. See you in the naturalisation forum in a year's time.

Ged

Post by Ged » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

NOG: Well done with that. I see this the first time we see a case being resolved in 18 weeks for a very long time. I hope this is a sign for things to come. Congrats, and have fun.

jbm

Post by jbm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:50 pm

NOG wrote:Its DONE!

Not sure whether the documents have been received yet as they must have been sent to another address I specified, will need to check.

The waiting has been one hell of a roller-coaster ride and I plan to drink myself to death today. See you in the naturalisation forum in a year's time.
Congrats NOG great news. my B card arrived today aswell dated 01 sept 2012 .

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

NOG wrote:Its DONE!

Congrats NOG great news.. sudden surprise to see an April applicant getting it. I applied 9th of May, so could expect in couple of weeks.

Anyways enjoy your freedom. Also could some one let me know how to look at the excel sheet posted on skydrive.

Regards

alambiomedeng
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by alambiomedeng » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi all,
with THE GRACE OF Almighty Allah i have received my passport today with approval letter, my timeline is

application date: 22/03/2012
Acknowledgement date: 28/03/12
Bio letter/enrollment date:11/04/2012 and 15/04/12
Passport received with approval letter and supporting docs:05/09/2012
Biometric card: waiting

i will soon update once i received my b/card. thanks million to this site and members of this site who help and pray for each other.No doubt the guidance and advice you all get from senior help a lot to achieved end result.
Wish you all very best of luck.

** Could some one pls update my information in the sky time line.

Once again thanks to everyone.

Snoop
Newly Registered

Post by Snoop » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm

@ NOG

MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS ! FINALLY YOU GOT FREEDOM.. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR THE LIFE AHEAD........

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:59 pm

@Ged, jbm, s_raj11, Snoop - Thank you folks.