ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crown

Post by crown » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 am

jhbmike wrote:
crown wrote:
Latan wrote:....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...
Rubbish! Where did you get that from? Brussels pays asylum seekers!!!
Man get your facts
Let us face it the Irish state spent that money Please always go for facts
I really do not think it is proper to belittle the Irish state and people on this forum
However I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
Thanks
Crown
Thats ridiculous that you still havent got it. Any news how far they are with youre application.
I have been told in the past 2 weeks that it has gone to the minister
From the experience of others as shared on this forum I should be smiling soon!!!
Crown

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 am

I hope so crown. Keep us updated.

AShawna

Forthcoming Elections!

Post by AShawna » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 am

I forgot to amend my status to that of an irish citizen in my constituency. I was checking my name in the draft register of electors for 2011/2012
and noticed that I was still registered to vote in the local elections ONLY! :shock:
I am calling into the county council personally tomorrow with a copy of my naturalisation cert/ passport so I can be bumped up to vote in all the elections.

All new citizens, here's a chance to have a say, check your name here:
http://www.checktheregister.ie/

If you are registered but still as a non-eu citizen, request your upgrade. :D
If you are not registered at all, register! You have about a week before registration is closed for the forthcoming elections.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

Very soon Crown....very soon
crown wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
crown wrote:
Latan wrote:....but it wasn't the irish-taxpayer that picked up the bill- they're to stingy anyway !! All that money came from the EU (Brussels).....but it did create short- to medium-term employment for the money-hungry "paddies"...
Rubbish! Where did you get that from? Brussels pays asylum seekers!!!
Man get your facts
Let us face it the Irish state spent that money Please always go for facts
I really do not think it is proper to belittle the Irish state and people on this forum
However I still do not have citizenship after applying almost 4 years ago!!!
Thanks
Crown
Thats ridiculous that you still havent got it. Any news how far they are with youre application.
I have been told in the past 2 weeks that it has gone to the minister
From the experience of others as shared on this forum I should be smiling soon!!!
Crown

asrpb

Re: Forthcoming Elections!

Post by asrpb » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

AShawna wrote:I forgot to amend my status to that of an irish citizen in my constituency. I was checking my name in the draft register of electors for 2011/2012
and noticed that I was still registered to vote in the local elections ONLY! :shock:
I am calling into the county council personally tomorrow with a copy of my naturalisation cert/ passport so I can be bumped up to vote in all the elections.

All new citizens, here's a chance to have a say, check your name here:
http://www.checktheregister.ie/

If you are registered but still as a non-eu citizen, request your upgrade. :D
If you are not registered at all, register! You have about a week before registration is closed for the forthcoming elections.
Thanks AShawna

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:
southdubliner wrote:
strongbow wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
Yep! it ain't fiction bro. A close friend applied January 2007 and no word since. He's always worked as a Doctor (He is now a medical consultant).
I think some nationalities are singled out for late processing, I dont know why!!
I 100 % agree with it.. I applied in March 2007 and still no word...called them many times and same crap "each application is decided on merit....blah blah blah.....".. i know few guys who have applied in early 2007 and still waiting...INIS is certainly delaying cases of certain nationalities...
Southdubliner /Crown, are there any issues with your Birth cert, Marriage cert (i.e) blank firstname or no birth certificate but affidavit submitted instead? have you provided your most recent Social Welfare letter? did you keep INIS updated of your GNIB card renewal ? did you guys send your P21s for 2008, 09 & 2010? sorry for so many questions but if you have sorted all the above & don't have any convictions, traffic offences, there's very little reason why yours is not processed in even 36 months. While on phone, I could always find out which report was pending (gardai or Social-welfare) - Only Gardai report is beyond our control & even that arrives within 8 to 10 months of sending your additional docs for 90% of us. For the rest, a reminder is sent to Gardai & shouldn't take long. So, find out what's pending with INIS even if it takes 10 calls on tuesdays & thursdays - letters are absolutely useless & don't reveal anything.
I applied early May 2008; called INIS last tuesday & the story was my application was at a final stage, & that its either with the minister or on its way. Does anybody out there know how long I have to wait before i get a response?

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Dear Folks,
I m little stressed may be someone could help me out, i was on work permit for 5 years , my work permits were continuous no breaks or any thing on same job but every year as my permits were sent by company for renewals due to trade and enterprise delays or their requirements i got my permits delayed may be 15 days or 1 month but the dates on permits were continuous e.g 2/1/2003 to 1/1/2003 nxt one 2/1/2003 to 1/1/2004 but when i went to GNIB to get my new stamp i could get the stamp on the day i visit immigration office so due to this in total of 5 years i have gap of nearly 3.5 months.

I sent my application for STAMP 4 exactly after 20 days after compliting 5 years on work permit and i received my 5 year stamp 4 approved after 21 months.
i sent my application after 2 months as i complete 5 years on work permit for Naturalisation, now my stress is will the CITIZENSHIP SECTION WILL COUNT MY GAPS BETWEEN GARDA STAMP EVERY YEAR, i sent my application in early jan 2009 ref 68/3--/09, rang citizenship section last week about procees of my application and lady told me that they are waiting for outside agencies to reply back.
So am i ok or there could be some problem please advice, i am writing this coz i heard some people got refusal coz they didnot complete 5 years.
thankyou

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

still waiting wrote:Dear Folks,
I m little stressed may be someone could help me out, i was on work permit for 5 years , my work permits were continuous no breaks or any thing on same job but every year as my permits were sent by company for renewals due to trade and enterprise delays or their requirements i got my permits delayed may be 15 days or 1 month but the dates on permits were continuous e.g 2/1/2003 to 1/1/2003 nxt one 2/1/2003 to 1/1/2004 but when i went to GNIB to get my new stamp i could get the stamp on the day i visit immigration office so due to this in total of 5 years i have gap of nearly 3.5 months.

I sent my application for STAMP 4 exactly after 20 days after compliting 5 years on work permit and i received my 5 year stamp 4 approved after 21 months.
i sent my application after 2 months as i complete 5 years on work permit for Naturalisation, now my stress is will the CITIZENSHIP SECTION WILL COUNT MY GAPS BETWEEN GARDA STAMP EVERY YEAR, i sent my application in early jan 2009 ref 68/3--/09, rang citizenship section last week about procees of my application and lady told me that they are waiting for outside agencies to reply back.
So am i ok or there could be some problem please advice, i am writing this coz i heard some people got refusal coz they didnot complete 5 years.
thankyou
Think you should be ok, else you wouldn't have got your reference number in the first place. Don't worry and relax.

ps: Did they ask for additional docs? if so, when did they ask? If they have asked for additional docs, I wouldn't really worry.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Think you should be ok, else you wouldn't have got your reference number in the first place. Don't worry and relax.

ps: Did they ask for additional docs? if so, when did they ask? If they have asked for additional docs, I wouldn't really worry.

Hi Aceform,
Thanx for the reply, As i have completed 24 months they didnot ask me any additional documents yet.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:36 am

thankyou
relax. you're past the stage of counting residency stamps. you should now get ready for the next stage (i.e) keep additional docs ready - P21 for 2010, 3 most recent pay slips & 3 bank statements + the social welfare report

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am

thankyou
I think you`ll be ok because from your story i can understand that you or your company have always filed in for your residency renewal on time but due to technical reasons the renewal was always delayed by immigration. I suppose, the most important thing is your continual resident in the State for the past five years, & within this period you were not an economic liability to the State or have a criminal record. Thats basically my opinion.

naseemkhan3
Newly Registered

Post by naseemkhan3 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44 pm

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 pm

I got the same useless answer when i wrote to them. The template is being used by both the Justice Minister & a lowly staff at INIS! Gosh, how many times have we heard this horse-shit. the funny thing is another clerk from the same INIS Office would gladly disclose the exact status on phone.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 am

Applied for citizenship in Jan 2009, i haven't got any request for additional documents since, is it normal? I wrote them few months back and got the same reply, your application is in process etc etc.
What should i do? I have requested SW report last week and as soon as i get it i am going to forward them with my p21.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am

justcurious wrote:Applied for citizenship in Jan 2009, i haven't got any request for additional documents since, is it normal? I wrote them few months back and got the same reply, your application is in process etc etc.
What should i do? I have requested SW report last week and as soon as i get it i am going to forward them with my p21.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
I'm at the exact same stage as you are. Applied in March 2009 myself.
I got a letter from them two weeks ago stating the applications from early 2009, as well as mine, have entered the further processing stage. This means they're waiting for the Garda Report - this is the one that takes a while. SW reports are quickly obtainable (surprisingly). So the hold up is on the Garda Report. Relax, you're fine. They'll contact you in due course when they need any further documents and when they do; it'll be payslips, 3-months bank statements, a copy of your GNIB card, and/or birth certificate. So, have those ready for when they request them.

The worse is over; a friend of mine, like yourself, applied in January 2009 and got his approval and went to perform the oath just last week. So, there's not much wait for the lads who applied in 2009.
Just a note though; he's a stamp 4 refugee in Ireland. I've read across the board here that refugees' naturalisation applications get processed differently and fairly more quickly, though there's no official trend that confirms that at this stage.

Keep your chin up and hope you get it soon!

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 am

Sinolate wrote:
justcurious wrote:Applied for citizenship in Jan 2009, i haven't got any request for additional documents since, is it normal? I wrote them few months back and got the same reply, your application is in process etc etc.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
I'm at the exact same stage as you are. Applied in March 2009 myself.
I got a letter from them two weeks ago stating the applications from early 2009, as well as mine, have entered the further processing stage. This means they're waiting for the Garda Report - this is the one that takes a while. SW reports are quickly obtainable (surprisingly). So the hold up is on the Garda Report. Relax, you're fine. They'll contact you in due course when they need any further documents and when they do; it'll be payslips, 3-months bank statements, a copy of your GNIB card, and/or birth certificate. So, have those ready for when they request them.

The worse is over; a friend of mine, like yourself, applied in January 2009 and got his approval and went to perform the oath just last week. So, there's not much wait for the lads who applied in 2009.
Just a note though; he's a stamp 4 refugee in Ireland. I've read across the board here that refugees' naturalisation applications get processed differently and fairly more quickly, though there's no official trend that confirms that at this stage.

Keep your chin up and hope you get it soon!
Thanks very much for helpful reply!
appreciated.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:15 pm

[quote="justcurious"]Applied for citizenship in Jan 2009, i haven't got any request for additional documents since, is it normal? I wrote them few months back and got the same reply, your application is in process etc etc.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks[/hquote]

hi
I m jan 2009 with ref 68/3--/09. no word from citizenship section yet, i rang them nearly 2 weeks ago and was told they are waiting for outside agencies for me.
may b they change some pattern of work first they get all Garda and SW report and then contact the applicant, jst hope for best and prey to god to get every body process done quicker and feel free out of stress

xyazx

Irish Spouse

Post by xyazx » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 am

Any one know how long they take to prosess application for spouse of irish national and what additional document they need. i am just applying my application for nutralisation i have all document ready writen on the back of the application form
thanxx

creb99
Newly Registered

Post by creb99 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:51 pm

Just phoned and they say my application is in the final stages of approval. In fact it is at the Minister for his approval now. Does anybody know how long it will take from here?

Thanks!

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Just phoned and they say my application is in the final stages of approval. In fact it is at the Minister for his approval now. Does anybody know how long it will take from here?

Thanks

prob 4-5 weeks or may b b4e that, but wen did u apply.
gud luck
cheers

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

creb99 wrote:Just phoned and they say my application is in the final stages of approval. In fact it is at the Minister for his approval now. Does anybody know how long it will take from here?

Thanks!
Could you please tell when did you apply and when did they ask for additional docs?

creb99
Newly Registered

Post by creb99 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Aceform wrote:
creb99 wrote:Just phoned and they say my application is in the final stages of approval. In fact it is at the Minister for his approval now. Does anybody know how long it will take from here?

Thanks!
Could you please tell when did you apply and when did they ask for additional docs?
Sorry, I applied in late August 2008. They asked for additional docs in June 2010.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:50 pm

creb99 wrote:
Aceform wrote:

Thanks!
Sorry, I applied in late August 2008. They asked for additional docs in June 2010.
Cheers, and wish you all the best.

HOTSPURS

All 2009 Applicants

Post by HOTSPURS » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:34 pm

INIS are currently commencing 2nd stage processing for Feb 2009 - So, if you haven't heard anything & if you had applied in Jan / Feb 2009, you may wanna call & find out what's going on..

Jun/ Jul /Aug 2008 files have been sent to Minister on Jan 13th, Jan 19th & let us hope the Election Campaign doesn't delay things..

adura

Post by adura » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello People,

Please has anyone who recently took the oath received the certificate yet??

Kindly keep us informed..

Thanks
God makes all things beautiful