ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mj30
Newly Registered

Refusal of Variation to FLRM

Post by mj30 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi Respected Fellow members
i have varied my wife application to FLR(m) from tier2 dependent. she still have tier 2 dependent visa till April 2016 but we got refusal of variation of leave or refusal to vary leave on the basis of low income. details are below.
i have applied for my wife application along with me . i have got my set(LR) successfully but as stated above that her application was refused on the grounds of that i haven't got sufficient income during the application process. As she is my dependent and i have varied her application from tier2 dependent to a settled person flr m but her application was refused on the grounds of lack of income. i will put the exact content of the letter here from the home office
1.you are not entitled to appeal this decision. section 82 of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 does not provide a right of appeal where an applicant still has leave to enter or remain the united kingdom and so is entitled to stay here.
2. you still have leave to remain where your current conditions continue to apply. please ensure that you understand the conditions of your stay.
3. you are not required to leave the uk as a result of this decision.
just to be on the safe side i m a bit confused about it . can i apply again for my wife once i fulfill the income threshold as i m earning enough now.
is she still on a valid tier 2 visa.
brief history of main applicant:
tier 2 licence revoked and i was given 60 days to change visa when i was near my 10 years completion(5 months before). i applied for student visa and also applied for my wife as well , then after completing 10 years i varied my application to setLR and her application to FLRM .keeping in mind that my wife only joined me in august 2013. the end result i got my SET LR and her visa refused.
I will be really grateful to all of you .
KIND REGARDS

londonuk9
England

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2014

Post by londonuk9 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:10 pm

hi
do you have list of document for flr m visa please?
londonuk9 wrote:hi

thank you for your reply.

can you send me link of require documents please?

or msg me list please if you have...

my wife on maternity allowance at the moment so can i calculate it her allowance ?

thank you in advance
Arsal385 wrote:
londonuk9 wrote:Hello all member…
Can somebody guide which visa my wife (my dependant) need to apply?
Main applicant me: got visa on 14/01/2015 ILR on 10 year basis
Previous I was tier 1 general applicant
Wife dependant: visa start from 01/08/2014 to 15/07/2015 as a tier 1 dependant
As I change my category from tier 1 general to ILR on long residency.
Which visa did she need to apply to stay on my dependant? And what’s its requirement?
Please can anybody send me list of documents require for visa?
I have baby which born on 20/01/2015 after I got ILR .So I think she will get British passport straight away? Can somebody confirm it as well please?
Thank you guys in advance.
You need to apply through FLR (M) application for your spouse and she will have to spend further 5 yrs to be eligible for ILR. Bear in mind her previous stay in the UK will be null and void and will not be considered towards her ILR. Main requirement are minimum £18600 house hold income and A1 level English level certificate or equivalent, full requirements are mentioned in FLR M form.
As you child born after you got ILR so you just need to pick up passport application form from post office, attach baby's full birth certificate, your passport and ILR BRP and post it with the prescribed fee.

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:31 pm

can you send me ist of documents please if you have?

thanks
Arsal385 wrote:
londonuk9 wrote:Hello all member…
Can somebody guide which visa my wife (my dependant) need to apply?
Main applicant me: got visa on 14/01/2015 ILR on 10 year basis
Previous I was tier 1 general applicant
Wife dependant: visa start from 01/08/2014 to 15/07/2015 as a tier 1 dependant
As I change my category from tier 1 general to ILR on long residency.
Which visa did she need to apply to stay on my dependant? And what’s its requirement?
Please can anybody send me list of documents require for visa?
I have baby which born on 20/01/2015 after I got ILR .So I think she will get British passport straight away? Can somebody confirm it as well please?
Thank you guys in advance.
You need to apply through FLR (M) application for your spouse and she will have to spend further 5 yrs to be eligible for ILR. Bear in mind her previous stay in the UK will be null and void and will not be considered towards her ILR. Main requirement are minimum £18600 house hold income and A1 level English level certificate or equivalent, full requirements are mentioned in FLR M form.
As you child born after you got ILR so you just need to pick up passport application form from post office, attach baby's full birth certificate, your passport and ILR BRP and post it with the prescribed fee.

thasif

Post by thasif » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:03 pm

hi could any one help me on my wife flr(m) visa please
am bit confuse about English requirement she already have the trinity college B1 certificate, is it ok for that or does she need to take the A1 exam? i know B1 is more grade then A1 , still bit confused
tx

irisace
Newly Registered

Post by irisace » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if FLR M rules are changing after 6th April 2015 to take in to account the NHS levy that they are introducing?

Is anyone aware of that?

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

If someone applies for FLR (M), how many years visa they normally get ?
Also If someone applies for FLR (FP), how many years visa they normally get ?

seamonster
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2015

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello everyone, I only paid for a one-hour consultation session with an immigration solicitor for advice. I submitted the unmarried spouse visa application independently and am very surprised to hear the outcome only after six weeks' of waiting. :D

Here is the timeline:
FLR(M) sent 19/02/2015 special delivery
Fee deducted: 20/02/2015
Acknowledge letter received: 25/02/2015 dated 20/02/2015
Biometric letter received: 25/02/2015
Biometric given: 26/02/2015
Approval letter and document together received : 01/04/2015 dated 31/03/2015
Biometric card: still waiting

I also want to share with you what documents I have submitted, hope it will help future FLR(M) applicants:

(1) A letter co-written and co-signed by me and sponsor
(2) Ten letters of support / affidavit written and signed by our friends and relatives, including their passport photopages
(3) Items of correspondence for every month in the 24-month period from myself
These could be bank statement, P46, P60, letters from NHS GP, electoral register etc.
There were about 8 months which I did not have a valid POA....instead I included mobile phone bills, payslips, direct debit invoices (for contact lens, gym membership, charity donation etc.), car insurance and multiple receipts (from Amazon, ASOS delivery etc.). I even obtained a credit report from Experian because it showed linkages (additional proof again!) to a few previous address.
Then, I wrote a detailed explanation letter only for the POA section.
(4) Items of correspondence for every month in the 24-month period from sponsor
(5) Tenancy reference letters covering the entire 24-month period, and bank records showing the rental payment deduction for those months which I had no valid POA.
(6) Additional evidences of our relationship, including holiday photos, flight itineries, love letters (dated and stamped)!
(7) Sponsor's financial support evidence and passport copy
(8) My employment history - payslips/ contract/ redundancy letter
(9) My qualifications - degree certificate, training certificate, Life in UK certificate

To explain, I made an extensive list because I was aware that we did not have any bills or council tax in the last two years, as our rents were all-inclusive, and a lot of our earlier corresponces were lost. I was told by the solicitor that the missing evidences would reduce my chance significantly. :cry: I was very frustrated and stressed, but did not want to give up without an attempt. So I made sure that the additional evidences (2)(5)(6)(8)(9) would hopefully show the immigration officer my credentials, and to show that we have undoubtedly a genuine relationship and deserve to be with each other! I believed the extra efforts did make up for the insufficient evidences and were crucial to the success of my FLR(M) application.

Best of luck to everyone! 8)

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:54 pm

UK007 wrote:If someone applies for FLR (M), how many years visa they normally get ?
FLR(M) - normally the five year route, initial visa grant will be for 30 months, then you will have to pay to extend for the next 30 months.
FLR(FP) - could be five or ten, depending on which route you are taking!

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:56 pm

thasif wrote:hi could any one help me on my wife flr(m) visa please
am bit confuse about English requirement she already have the trinity college B1 certificate, is it ok for that or does she need to take the A1 exam? i know B1 is more grade then A1 , still bit confused
tx
Just a kind suggestion: Perhaps she can take the life in uk test? It is relatively simple, multiple-choice format, all you have to do is to read the book and practice a few free tests online. Also, she will not have to do the LiUK again when applying for indefinite leave to remain in the future.

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:59 pm

seamonster wrote:
UK007 wrote:If someone applies for FLR (M), how many years visa they normally get ?
FLR(M) - normally the five year route, initial visa grant will be for 30 months, then you will have to pay to extend for the next 30 months.
FLR(FP) - could be five or ten, depending on which route you are taking!

Hi, basically I'll apply for my ILR in October, when I apply for my ILR my wife's [my dependent at the moment] duration in the UK will be 7 years.
If I apply for FLR (M) for her & she gets 2.5 years VISA, She'll need to extend visa one more time before she can apply for ILR for 10 years living in the UK. Whereas if She goes for FLR(FP) and gets 5 years Visa, she can apply for ILR for 10 years living in the UK when she is eligible for that.

anas
Newly Registered

Post by anas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:28 am

Hi i am new on this forum,
any body applied for FLR (M) visa on the basis of adequate maintenance,
i need some info, i applied in march 2015 and still waiting for result. any idea how much time its gona take

anas
Newly Registered

Post by anas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:31 am

if i am not posting on right place then please send me link where most of the people applied on DLA basis.

anas
Newly Registered

Post by anas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:39 am

Date FLR(M) sent to HO: 19/02/2015
Docs received by the HO: 20/02/2015
Ack'ment Letter Arrived: 03/03/2015
Biometrics Letter Arrived: 06/03/2015
Biometric Enrolled at PO: 06/03/2015
Spouse visa Granted on:
Passport & docs received:
Date Bio-metric Card received:

still no result.
Anybody getting FLR (M) recently on the basis of DLA.

rahul6000
Newly Registered

Post by rahul6000 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi All,

Need some advice, can some please tell me how early we can apply for FLR(M) extension?

My wife's FLR(M) initial visa is finishing on 10th August 2015 and I was wondering how early can i apply for her extension.

Can I apply next for it in next month to do we have to wait till 12th July (28 days prior to her visa expires).

Your speedy reply would be great..

Thanks Rahul

sq

Post by sq » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi guys
I got ILR on 10 years basis and my wife got flr m only for 2 years. so i am wondering now and she is in UK for more than 5 years with me on PBS 3 years and flrm 2, so i apply direct ILR now or else again i have to do extension on flrm. If extension they give me 6 months visa or 3 years visa now bcoz flrm visa is usually 30 months and 30 months. please suggest me.

Tnx
SQ

HeerHeer
Newly Registered

Post by HeerHeer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi,

I wanna apply for UK settlement visa and somebody told that UK home office required sponsor's 6 months payslips and bank statement of new financial year which start from 5th of April 2015 and if I apply with pay slips and bank statements of previous year which ended on 4th of April 2015 they will refuse my visa... is it true or not?

My sponsor statements and payslips are started from September 2014. Should we get new statements from April 2015 to September 2015?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:00 am

HeerHeer wrote:
somebody told that UK home office required sponsor's 6 months payslips and bank statement of new financial year which start from 5th of April 2015 and if I apply with pay slips and bank statements of previous year which ended on 4th of April 2015 they will refuse
Did they tell you this on 1st April???

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:05 am

sq wrote:Hi guys
I got ILR on 10 years basis and my wife got flr m only for 2 years. so i am wondering now and she is in UK for more than 5 years with me on PBS 3 years and flrm 2, so i apply direct ILR now or else again i have to do extension on flrm. If extension they give me 6 months visa or 3 years visa now bcoz flrm visa is usually 30 months and 30 months. please suggest me.

Tnx
SQ

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 05679.html

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Did you get updated information from 5th April _change of NHS rules FLRM
irisace wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if FLR M rules are changing after 6th April 2015 to take in to account the NHS levy that they are introducing?

Is anyone aware of that?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Hi, i am going to apply SET(LR) very soon and then my wife going to apply for FLR (M) for the first time. I am little bit confused about the docs needed for FLR (M). Specially, for the Financial Docs. I am working for same employer for 4 years and well above financial requirement for us. Now, what docs we need to submit and for how long ? Payslips, bank statements for 1 ? 3 or 6 months ? Is there any minimum bank balance required for the any period ??? I am worried sometimes my bank account goes overdraft... So, if 6 months required then i will be in trouble....

Please let me know....

Thanks

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:33 pm

UK007 wrote: Hi, basically I'll apply for my ILR in October, when I apply for my ILR my wife's [my dependent at the moment] duration in the UK will be 7 years.
If I apply for FLR (M) for her & she gets 2.5 years VISA, She'll need to extend visa one more time before she can apply for ILR for 10 years living in the UK. Whereas if She goes for FLR(FP) and gets 5 years Visa, she can apply for ILR for 10 years living in the UK when she is eligible for that.
Hello UK007, I think it depends on which visa category you came from before ILR.
I only know that if you were on tier 2 (general) visa, the spouse should use application form FLR(M).
Of course, if you think your partner is eligible for both FLR(FP) and FLR(M), FLR(FP) would undoubtedly be a better option!

seamonster
Newly Registered

Post by seamonster » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:31 pm

janinah wrote:Hi, i am going to apply SET(LR) very soon and then my wife going to apply for FLR (M) for the first time. I am little bit confused about the docs needed for FLR (M). Specially, for the Financial Docs. I am working for same employer for 4 years and well above financial requirement for us. Now, what docs we need to submit and for how long ? Payslips, bank statements for 1 ? 3 or 6 months ? Is there any minimum bank balance required for the any period ??? I am worried sometimes my bank account goes overdraft... So, if 6 months required then i will be in trouble....

Please let me know....

Thanks
You will have to submit your payslips for the most recent six months, as well as 6 bank statements. The last payslip will have to be issued within 28 days of the date of your FLR(M) application.
Bank statements - I believe it is to show that the same amount on payslip is paid into your bank account. Overdraft is irrelevant.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks for your reply mate....
Sorry another question... Both of us working. So, should we submit both payslips and bank statements for us or only me will be acceptable ??? As, my salary only well enough to cover all

UK007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by UK007 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 pm

seamonster wrote: Hello UK007, I think it depends on which visa category you came from before ILR.
I only know that if you were on tier 2 (general) visa, the spouse should use application form FLR(M).
Of course, if you think your partner is eligible for both FLR(FP) and FLR(M), FLR(FP) would undoubtedly be a better option!
Hey seamonster, thanks for your reply.
I will apply for 10 year long residence ILR, but I have few days short of 10 years, so what suggestion I got is:
Apply for FLR (FP) for me & My wife as FLR(FP) dependant to buy 3 weeks time.
When I meet 10 years criteria [9 years 11 months 3 days as I can apply 28 days before], I will apply ILR(LR) & My wife new application for FLR (FP) or FLR(M), whatever would be best. She will reach her 10 years long residence after 3 years, so I need 3 years visa for her.

jamalakbar18
Newly Registered

Post by jamalakbar18 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:18 pm

hi

can some one update me on requirement for Flr M requirement please

i was on tier 1 general now received ILR on 10 year basis
my wife currently on Tier 1 partner/dependant her visa clearlt states my name there to prove she is my wife

do i still need to send marriage certificate as its in pakistan

and what other SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE required

1) my 6 months pay slips with bank statements reflecting salary
2) wife passport including visa entry cclearence
3) my passport and ILR bio metric copies attested by solicitor
4) wife A1 level english test certificate

what else is required please