ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

my own thoughts are that those who applied in july 2009 will get their decision earliest around Jan-feb 2012.
I know of a friend who applied in jan-2008 and got decision only a week back.
also know a friend who applied in june-2008 , no decision yet, he has been asked for the usual additional docs
also know a friend who applied in nov-2008, no decision yet, he has been asked for the usual additional docs.
(all three applications above are based on living and working here for 5 yrs)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 am

strongbow wrote:my own thoughts are that those who applied in july 2009 will get their decision earliest around Jan-feb 2012.
also know a friend who applied in june-2008 , no decision yet, he has been asked for the usual additional docs
also know a friend who applied in nov-2008, no decision yet, he has been asked for the usual additional docs.
I was expecting the same but let's calculate it based on the experience i got from the forum here
the INIS ask for further documents and after that by 8 to 10 months they give the decision
so
if I'd get the decision by Jan 2012 they should've asked me for further documents right now but no request from them, also i noticed there are some applicants who applied on early 2009 and they have not been asked for anything yet despite of publishing on the INIS website that they are processing the applications received on early 2009 and that is on their website since september 2010.
so all of my 20 fingers crossed
peace on you

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 am

If everything is to order and u have submitted the correct affidavits if
Required,and if u have forwarded them recent payslips an p21 than don't think they will ask for anything else.they asked me for birth affidavit only

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 am

Update on hubbies app: We phoned DoJ Citizenship helpline which said the application had "been sent on for Gardai checks". Operator couldn't advise how long that would take but said that once it came back from that, they would then do further checks on paperwork. Have no idea about whether it'll be months or years from this stage onwards after reading others on this thread, but hey ... at least they didn't say "it's still sitting in a heap with the rest of the applications we're ignoring"!! No further doc's have been requested during the processing time, but that being said we did provide above and beyond what was requested, including police clearance certs from Ireland and all other countries he resided in. Fingers crossed!

Dates: Nov 2009, returned Dec 2009, resubmitted: Dec 2009
App Type: Spouse of Irish citizen, 3 yrs residency

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

just wondering guys does a spouse of irish national have to wait 5 years to apply for naturalisation or can apply after three years..i heared it from someone cant confirm it anywhere

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:47 pm

aswadref wrote:just wondering guys does a spouse of irish national have to wait 5 years to apply for naturalisation or can apply after three years..i heared it from someone cant confirm it anywhere
Spouses of Irish citizens may apply after 3 years
Naturalisation of spouses of Irish citizens
If you are married to an Irish citizen and living in the island of Ireland, you may meet special conditions for
naturalisation based on that marriage if:
• You are of full age (i.e. eighteen years or older, or married if younger than eighteen).
• You are of good character.
• You are married to your Irish citizen spouse for a period of not less than 3 years
• You have had immediately before the date of the application a period of one year’s continuous residence in
the island of Ireland, and
• You have had, during the 4 years immediately preceding that period, a total residence in the island of Ireland
amounting to 2 years.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... 070409.pdf

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:36 pm

thanks 9jeirean for the info

HOTSPURS

Re: Minister's decision

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 pm

crown wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:folks, any news regarding the files that were sent to Minister in 1st / 2nd week of January? we haven't heard of any approvals since then. Is the Minister's Office closed already for Elections !?
Has anyone succeeded in getting across to DOJ Their phone lines have been off since last week. Any info on files sent to the Minister
CROWN,
any news from the Minister's office? i've been told that the file was sent for decision for the past 5 weeks in succession. even if it had been sent in the last week of January, we should've heard something by now. maybe the staff are chilling out in the absence of FF TD Brendon Smith who possibly could be on a Cruise with 90,000 € safe in a bank?

crown

Re: Minister's decision

Post by crown » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
crown wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:folks, any news regarding the files that were sent to Minister in 1st / 2nd week of January? we haven't heard of any approvals since then. Is the Minister's Office closed already for Elections !?
Has anyone succeeded in getting across to DOJ Their phone lines have been off since last week. Any info on files sent to the Minister
CROWN,
any news from the Minister's office? i've been told that the file was sent for decision for the past 5 weeks in succession. even if it had been sent in the last week of January, we should've heard something by now. maybe the staff are chilling out in the absence of FF TD Brendon Smith who possibly could be on a Cruise with 90,000 € safe in a bank?
I have heard nothing Though I called once again and was told it is still in there Wonder what that meant. I believe it would come. It is our turn soon. A colleague got his last week. He applied 2008
Crown

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 pm

One of my friends applied end of June 2008 received
Letter to take oath today...dont know any other details though

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Hi
I applied on July 2009 and nothing requested yet.
what about the others who applied in the same year? please share with your situation.
Applied March 2009
No additional documents were requested yet
Got through the helpline today and been said: we started to process 2009 already but didn't work with your case yet, after we'll get both check reports - we'll get back to you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:09 pm

ribak wrote:
what about the others who applied in the same year? please share with your situation.
Applied March 2009
Got through the helpline today and been said: we started to process 2009 already but didn't work with your case yet, after we'll get both check reports - we'll get back to you
Both reports so they mean the Social walefare report and the garda report.
But if the garda report being requested after submitting further documents as far as I know.
May the senior members in the forum can clarify.
so Nannette, what;s your opinion?
peace on you

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Once both reports are returned and you are not a criminal, and work then they will recommend that you get citizenship.

So you should be getting contacted in the coming weeks with additional docs. By then they expect to back the reports (garda and social).

Meanwile, you need to avoid the following:

1. Avoid drink and driving
2. Pay your TV license (if you received a bill)
3. Avoid adverse contact with Garda
4. etc...

Nanette (An bho dhearg).

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
ribak wrote:
Applied March 2009
Both reports so they mean the Social walefare report and the garda report.
But if the garda report being requested after submitting further documents as far as I know.
May the senior members in the forum can clarify.
so Nannette, what;s your opinion?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

nanette wrote:

Meanwile, you need to avoid the following:

1. Avoid drink and driving
2. Pay your TV license (if you received a bill)
3. Avoid adverse contact with Garda
4. etc...

Nanette (An bho dhearg).
We should be following the above points anyway!

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:08 pm

strongbow wrote:my own thoughts are that those who applied in july 2009 will get their decision earliest around Jan-feb 2012.
Update - The friend who applied in june-2008 got his approval today!

Green land

Post by Green land » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Thank you so much for the info Strongbow!

Could you please tell us what nationality is your friend and what was his basis for application?

Has anybody who applied in 2009 on 5 yrs work permit basis received approval yet?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Green land wrote:Thank you so much for the info Strongbow!

Could you please tell us what nationality is your friend and what was his basis for application?

Has anybody who applied in 2009 on 5 yrs work permit basis received approval yet?
His nationality is Indian and he had applied on the basis of living and working here for 5 years on the basis of work permit.
I dont know of anyone who has applied in 2009 on the above grounds and got approval yet.

Green land

Post by Green land » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply!

leinster
Newly Registered

Post by leinster » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:14 pm

hey guys just a quick update, received my CON today, took the oath on 3rd of feb sent the yellow form back on 8th of feb. so three weeks in total to receive the cert.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 pm

leinster wrote:hey guys just a quick update, received my CON today, took the oath on 3rd of feb sent the yellow form back on 8th of feb. so three weeks in total to receive the cert.
Congrats leinster. Happy for you :lol:

scraredstrait
Newly Registered

Post by scraredstrait » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:11 pm

"leinster" hey guys just a quick update, received my CON today, took the oath on 3rd of feb sent the yellow form back on 8th of feb. so three weeks in total to receive the cert.

Congrats Leinster! Excited for you :D

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Guys,
friend of mine applied in march 2008 additional doc. were asked in early 2010, no response till feb 11 so he decided to ring DOJ and ask them for updates.
the lady told him that a letter had been sent to him in jan 2011, he told her that he didnot receive any letter yet wat it is about and she said she dont know but if he want she can request for another letter if its missing in post, then on 28 feb 11 he got another letter saying to take oath.

so this is new update for now

God Bless

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 pm

still waiting wrote:Hi Guys,
friend of mine applied in march 2008 additional doc. were asked in early 2010, no response till feb 11 so he decided to ring DOJ and ask them for updates.
the lady told him that a letter had been sent to him in jan 2011, he told her that he didnot receive any letter yet wat it is about and she said she dont know but if he want she can request for another letter if its missing in post, then on 28 feb 11 he got another letter saying to take oath.

so this is new update for now

God Bless
This is actually a good news. It means your friends application is actually now approved and he/she only has to complete the formality of oath taking. That is great news.

Green land

Post by Green land » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 pm

I am really badly disappointed with their system. How on earth letter will be send and never arrive? Is it possible? We all know An Post are quite good with their delivery times and quality of service.

For example I sent additional documents at the end of last year. In 3 days I received confirmation letter that they have received my letter and updated my file. In another 5 days I got another letter again confirming that my letter was received and my file updated. What kind of a system is that? They can not even keep a track if any correspondence was sent to the applicants or not?

In the current economic situation if you are in the private sector you either have to suffer pay cut or work harder or both to keep the profit coming and your job. How about the public sector? No dead lines, no pressure, no responsiblilty..... pretty frustrating....

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Green land wrote:I am really badly disappointed with their system. .................In the current economic situation if you are in the private sector you either have to suffer pay cut or work harder or both to keep the profit coming and your job. How about the public sector? No dead lines, no pressure, no responsiblilty..... pretty frustrating....
Welcome to the the DoJ :lol:

BTW just so we are not painting all areas of public sector with same brush, the guys at the tax office, fixed penalty point office and TV licence office are supper efficient though :wink: :D. Like I got two of the same notification of my road tax within one week, and the damn thing is not even expiring for another 3 weeks yet. Now beat that for efficiency :D