ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:03 pm

hahaha i was thinking maybe to take my case worker to jerry k show hehehe

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 pm

hi all,i ve been waiting exactly 10months after i submitted my flr o application,i ve only called the HO ones to check the progress and was told the usually story not ready yet...i want to get my mp involved now cos i think is taking long,has anyone done so b4 and if yes can u pls send me a sample letter pls...thanks

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:11 pm

On the topic of Jeremy Kyle you've had me in stitches watch this below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCEA1c6Cfac

Sorry Forum, I probably have too much time on my hands.. Now back to the mundane issues of UKBA....................

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:24 pm

tei123 wrote:hi all,i ve been waiting exactly 10months after i submitted my flr o application,i ve only called the HO ones to check the progress and was told the usually story not ready yet...i want to get my mp involved now cos i think is taking long,has anyone done so b4 and if yes can u pls send me a sample letter pls...thanks
Hello

Briefly your application history please.

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:28 pm

nikitpatel wrote:
junaidmirza wrote:Hello people :), this is Junaid. My story,

Came here as a student in March 2006, got married (after getting permission from home office) in June 2008, got the spouse visa in July 2008. Had a baby boy in September 2009. Criminal record in November 2009, applied for ILR in June 2010, refused because of criminal record but was given discretionary leave to remain for the initial period of 3 years.

Extension application sent using FLR(O): 16/07/2013
HO received the application: 17/07/2013
Acknowledgement received: 19/07/2013 (dated 18/07/2013)
Bio-metric letter received : 26/07/2013 (dated 23/07/2013)
Bio-metric done: 26/07/2013 (same day)
Decision: waiting (lol, i know its too early)

Got 2 businesses, wife working as well, got a 4 years old son, baby due in january 2014. Pray for me guys that every thing goes well. One more thing, never had even a single parking ticket but only the criminal conviction in November 2009 (where offence date was October 2008).
Looks like HO is getting bit faster with applications at the moment. Inshah Allah, every one will have a good news on their cases as well.
Your case looks very strong mate ur extension will be done easily.

Thanks
Thanks for the good words pal :)

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Believe2013 wrote:On the topic of Jeremy Kyle you've had me in stitches watch this below

Sorry Forum, I probably have too much time on my hands.. Now back to the mundane issues of UKBA....................
Duuuude you just made my Saturday lool "I sent her a picture once cos I had a bad day at work" what a plunker lol what if was having a good day? Lol

We have nothing but time believe2013 gosh I needed that.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:03 pm

yahwadud wrote:Hello Guys.
Has anybody ever receive a Biometric fingerprint Letter that indicated you not to pay any fee at the post office?
(2)received a letter that a decision has been made to grant you a period of leave to remain , but the period is not mentioned ?

Does these mean an indefinite leave to Remain?

Last edited by yahwadud on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yayyyyy!!!! Congratulations Hun!!!! Amazing result!!! Whoa!!!!! All the best for you and your family!!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Believe2013 wrote:On the topic of Jeremy Kyle you've had me in stitches watch this below

Epic!!!! :lol:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@believe

you just made me burst out laughing about csi stuff wow your hillarious haha i was feeling abit down n confused now youve made me cheer up thanks more possitive energy needed in this forum
@ONLYME1 hun, here's a link for UKBA approved DNA testing place:

http://www.dna-bioscience.co.uk/service ... entage.php

Hope this helps!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Afternoon All,

The forum is very lively today - always a positive thing Lets keep it up. Oh keep churning the jokes too!

@Verbina and yummymummy I would go GUNG HO on the complaints route, your MPs need to earn their keep and urgently address to your cases. Good to see a lot of people with kids getting granted some sort of leave. Perhaps the HO could be turning a corner? Extremely encouraging signs for people with similar cases.

Yahwadud, congrats you are finally there well done

It's not over till the fat lady slims!!![/u]
Thanks hun!! As of next week Ill be firing off complaint letters!!!

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 pm

shareen24h wrote:
tei123 wrote:hi all,i ve been waiting exactly 10months after i submitted my flr o application,i ve only called the HO ones to check the progress and was told the usually story not ready yet...i want to get my mp involved now cos i think is taking long,has anyone done so b4 and if yes can u pls send me a sample letter pls...thanks
Hello

i came to UK in 2007 on a visit visa.overstayed till now,i have been with my British partner for nearly 3 and half years now,we only got married 01/12/12..i applied based on a private life.

Date Applied: 27/09/2012
Date Received at HO: 28/09/2012
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 08/10/12
BioMetric Letter: 21/2/13
Biometrics Done:27/02/2013.
Return of Docs: Waiting
BRP : Waiting

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:29 pm

tei123 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Hello

i came to UK in 2007 on a visit visa.overstayed till now,i have been with my British partner for nearly 3 and half years now,we only got married 01/12/12..i applied based on a private life.
@Verbina you started this Saturday off single handedly lol Hats off to you.

@tei123 as much as you want to kick off its not a bad idea to be honest but is this application a fresh one or an extension? If its fresh, I would say start the fireworks by involving your MP at least to know the status of your application cos trust me most of the time those at the home office still run of telly tubby computer screen repeating the same stuff week in week out. Patience is the key right here and the good lord continue to renew it for us!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:40 pm

verbina wrote:
Has anybody ever receive a Biometric fingerprint Letter that indicated you not to pay any fee at the post office?
(2)received a letter that a decision has been made to grant you a period of leave to remain , but the period is not mentioned ?

Last edited by yahwadud on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yayyyyy!!!! Congratulations Hun!!!! Amazing result!!! Whoa!!!!! All the best for you and your family!!!!!
This is good news...congratulations

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: Free biometric

Post by GodGives » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi yawadud leave to remain is not same as ilr but let's hope u get ilr instead.
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:07 pm

@God gives absolutely right. ILR is permanent and LTR is temporary.

Just had a scary thought. That guy on the Jeremy Kyle clip could be a Sheffield caseworker. God help us all, I really hope not! Nah, no chance hmmmmm makes you wonder though!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@God gives absolutely right. ILR is permanent and LTR is temporary.

Just had a scary thought. That guy on the Jeremy Kyle clip could be a Sheffield caseworker. God help us all, I really hope not! Nah, no chance hmmmmm makes you wonder though!!!
Ok @Believe2013 that's it for one weekend damn lool my oh my, my phone actually dropped off my hand. I actually pray not that will just be depressing hahaha!!!

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@God gives absolutely right. ILR is permanent and LTR is temporary.

Lol.....we don't want anymore jokers at HO !

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Well have a good weekend Ladies and Gents. I anticipate a lot of good news in the coming weeks! Apologies I wasn't of much use today. God Bless

tei123

Post by tei123 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:31 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
tei123 wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
Hello

@Verbina you started this Saturday off single handedly lol Hats off to you.

@tei123 as much as you want to kick off its not a bad idea to be honest but is this application a fresh one or an extension? If its fresh, I would say start the fireworks by involving your MP at least to know the status of your application cos trust me most of the time those at the home office still run of telly tubby computer screen repeating the same stuff week in week out. Patience is the key right here and the good lord continue to renew it for us!
It is a fresh application

yaz157
Newly Registered

FLR O

Post by yaz157 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:29 am

I come to u.k in augest 2007on spouse visa .I complete two years with her and applied for ILR on bace of spouse.she support me fully. I applied by postin 2009 for ILR.so homeoffice took time.after that my English devoice happened in 2010 but my ILR WAS STILL pandind.she made a compline against me in homeoffice.so homeoffice refused my case in Janury 2011.i sent re consider request after that.i received aknwalge for re consider.but don't receive any thing from homeoffice.so in July 2012 I made on FLR O application. I received acknowledgement for FLRO I did received biometrics letter 1 of febuary 2013.after that still I m waiting .I sent letter to homeoffice through my soliciter asking for permission to work on 15 jun 2013.home office sent me just simple letter progros chak.i don't know wht I need to do I m very depress no job.i don't know wht going with me

Sarah06

Re: Free biometric

Post by Sarah06 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 am

Congrats

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Yaz157 Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain. Do you have any kids with your ex wife or some sort of major long term financial commitment i.e. mortgage? it's not unprecedented for the HO to accept your FLR(O) application whilst a decision is pending on your initial case - Its a case whereby left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

junaidmirza

Re: FLR O

Post by junaidmirza » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:00 am

yaz157 wrote:I come to u.k in augest 2007on spouse visa .I complete two years with her and applied for ILR on bace of spouse.she support me fully. I applied by postin 2009 for ILR.so homeoffice took time.after that my English devoice happened in 2010 but my ILR WAS STILL pandind.she made a compline against me in homeoffice.so homeoffice refused my case in Janury 2011.i sent re consider request after that.i received aknwalge for re consider.but don't receive any thing from homeoffice.so in July 2012 I made on FLR O application. I received acknowledgement for FLRO I did received biometrics letter 1 of febuary 2013.after that still I m waiting .I sent letter to homeoffice through my soliciter asking for permission to work on 15 jun 2013.home office sent me just simple letter progros chak.i don't know wht I need to do I m very depress no job.i don't know wht going with me
@yaz157
Your old status of (SPOUSE VISA WITH NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUND) will continue until they make the final decision on your application. You are allowed to work. Even though your application for ILR was refused, assuming you appealed within the time frame given, you should not worry.
As far mule i know by your post, the time when you applied for ILR, you completed 2 years of initial spouse visa and your wife also supported the application, they should have gave you the ILR unless there is something you are hiding (like a complain of your wife for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE which HO takes very seriously). Also, when you applied for reconsideration, you should have wait till you gt a reply from HO about your old application.
I will suggest you to take a legal immigration advice asap. Hope every thing goes well in your case.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 am

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Yaz157 Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain. Do you have any kids with your ex wife or some sort of major long term financial commitment i.e. mortgage? it's not unprecedented for the HO to accept your FLR(O) application whilst a decision is pending on your initial case - Its a case whereby left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
I agree totally with Junaid and Believe2013 submitting an application whilst one is pending makes it very easy for the home office to refuse one or both but at the same time it all depends on the circumstances of your old relationship and what type of report your "ex" lodged against you. A solicitor is seriously required to look into your case since we don't know fully what your circumstances is/are!

yaz157
Newly Registered

FLR O

Post by yaz157 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks for replay.I did not made applee when homeoffice refused my ILR .I just sent them reconsider request .that is still panding.When I made FLR O application .I sent to homeoffice my DOCTOR report and all my family and friends Suporting letter. which shoes that I been victim of domestic violence.this is true.when I sent reconsider request I also wrote there this.My work people kick me out from work bcoz they said I need to bring letter from homeoffice for permission to work.i wrote letter to homeoffice for permission to work but they sent me Simple letter .there is notting permission to work.I m job less last 4 moths .I m going to my Mp tomorrow that he write a letter for my permission to work to homeoffice.can u tell me plz how can I get this letter.