ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HOTSPURS

got form 7

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:25 am

Folks, i received the Form 7 yesterday - There's no mention of 'Approval' in the letter accompanying it. just instructions to take oath at the nearest district court & the fee details. The letter also states 'If Application is granted, a certificate will issue in the name of 'xxx xxx' - I'm confused by this now. i tried every court in Carlow, Laois, Athlone, Bray, Tullamore, Donegal, Dundalk for appointment - they all refused as i live in Dublin. had to settle for an appointment 2.5 months away in local district court.

timelines : Applied jun 2008. 1st acknowledgement with ref: Jun 2008, 2nd letter stating 'chronological order' etc., in Sept 2008. Additional docs requested: Apr 2010 - sent within a couple of days. Sent to minister:end of jan 2011. Letter for taking Oath : 2nd Mar 2011

9jerian / Nannette - does this mean my case is Approved or it'll be decided only on the receipt of 950 € & Form 7? Many Thanks for all your help !!! Good luck to all who're waiting.

Crown - you should receive it this week mate !!

9jeirean

Re: got form 7

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 am

HOTSPURS wrote:Folks, i received the Form 7 yesterday - There's no mention of 'Approval' in the letter accompanying it. just instructions to take oath at the nearest district court & the fee details. The letter also states 'If Application is granted, a certificate will issue in the name of 'xxx xxx' - I'm confused by this now. i tried every court in Carlow, Laois, Athlone, Bray, Tullamore, Donegal, Dundalk for appointment - they all refused as i live in Dublin. had to settle for an appointment 2.5 months away in local district court.

timelines : Applied jun 2008. 1st acknowledgement with ref: Jun 2008, 2nd letter stating 'chronological order' etc., in Sept 2008. Additional docs requested: Apr 2010 - sent within a couple of days. Sent to minister:end of jan 2011. Letter for taking Oath : 2nd Mar 2011

9jerian / Nannette - does this mean my case is Approved or it'll be decided only on the receipt of 950 € & Form 7? Many Thanks for all your help !!! Good luck to all who're waiting.

Congratulations HOTSPURS, The fact that you have recieved the Yellow Form 7 means that your application had been approved by the minister. You will definitely receive your certificate of naturalization once you've paid the fee and complete the formality of oath taking.

In relation to court, all I can advice is that you keep trying around. it would appear that some courts are quite strict about where you live while others may not. I know a friend who took oath in Bray last year. He was living in Dublin at the time. Things might have changed now though. Someone mention Donegal on another thread. If you do't mind the drive, you might give them a ring.

Good luck mate and my heartiest congratulations

9jeirean

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 am

HOTSPURS wrote:Folks, i received the Form 7 yesterday - There's no mention of 'Approval' in the letter accompanying it. just instructions to take oath at the nearest district court & the fee details. The letter also states 'If Application is granted, a certificate will issue in the name of 'xxx xxx' - I'm confused by this now. i tried every court in Carlow, Laois, Athlone, Bray, Tullamore, Donegal, Dundalk for appointment - they all refused as i live in Dublin. had to settle for an appointment 2.5 months away in local district court.

congratulations Hotspurs
finger crossed for all the remaining applicants
so you have taken nearly 33 months
through the forum here I think this is the avarage time right now
peace on you

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:congratulations Hotspurs
Yes that's what it looks like..I thought that the average time had come down to 28 months or so! I do think that the no. of applicants in 2009 will be significantly less than in 2008.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:05 am

strongbow wrote:
Yes that's what it looks like..I thought that the average time had come down to 28 months or so! I do think that the no. of applicants in 2009 will be significantly less than in 2008.
Strongbow,
r u 2009 applicant?
I applied on 01/07/2009 and no word from INIS yet.
peace on you

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
strongbow wrote:
Strongbow,
r u 2009 applicant?
I applied on 01/07/2009 and no word from INIS yet.
No, but my wife is...she also applied in July 2009.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Congratulations HOTSPURS :) Happy for you buddy.
keep trying with all courts. If you receive earlier appointment, you can always cancel the one you booked.

scraredstrait
Newly Registered

@Hotspurs

Post by scraredstrait » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:35 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:
Folks, i received the Form 7 yesterday - There's no mention of 'Approval' in the letter accompanying it. just instructions to take oath at the nearest district court & the fee details. The letter also states 'If Application is granted, a certificate will issue in the name of 'xxx xxx' - I'm confused by this now. i tried every court in Carlow, Laois, Athlone, Bray, Tullamore, Donegal, Dundalk for appointment - they all refused as i live in Dublin. had to settle for an appointment 2.5 months away in local district court.

Congratulations Hotspurs!
I called around the courts around Dublin and the best was 2 June. I also tried all the other counties that have been named on several of the threads and the best was Portlaoise. Try Laois they seem to have dates in April. Good luck :P

adura

Post by adura » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Congratulations guys..
Am sure you ll get a district court that will give you an earlier date..

I apllied April 2008,more documents requested 2010 April,asked to take oath in Dec.2010 and received CoN FEB.2010.
Applied for the passport Feb2010 and still waiting to receive my passport via Passport express..
Seems the train is moving.

Crown its gonna be your turn soon..

Cherio
God makes all things beautiful

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: @Hotspurs

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 pm

scraredstrait, congratulation you are one of us now...

Follow the instruction in the form...i.e take oath and pay 950 euros they are asking and your certificate will be issued. Done.

Regarding taking oath earlier, try blanchestown (I can't remember the phone number) but it is in front of the shopping center. If they ask you were you live tell them in blanchestown (i.e: clonee).

Nanette (An bho dhearg)

scraredstrait wrote:HOTSPURS wrote:

Congratulations Hotspurs!
I called around the courts around Dublin and the best was 2 June. I also tried all the other counties that have been named on several of the threads and the best was Portlaoise. Try Laois they seem to have dates in April. Good luck :P

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: @Hotspurs

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Crown,

your moment is now....

Nanette

monte

Post by monte » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 pm

congrats Hotspur, i also applied June 2008 so hopefully i will hear good news soon as well, good luck with finding an earlier appointment for the oath.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks Guys ! This Forum has been & will be of immense help for me. If not for seniors like 9gierian, Nanette, Asrpb & others, i would still be stuck in the INIS Wonderland.

Will keep trying for courts outside Dublin.

On a different note, the Paddies walloped the Poms at Bangalore in Cricket World cup ! Well done Ireland.

Cheers guys. Best of luck.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

9jeirean wrote: Welcome to the the DoJ :lol:

BTW just so we are not painting all areas of public sector with same brush, the guys at the tax office, fixed penalty point office and TV licence office are supper efficient though :wink: :D. Like I got two of the same notification of my road tax within one week, and the damn thing is not even expiring for another 3 weeks yet. Now beat that for efficiency :D
:lol:

Happy days hotspurs, this means you are on for getting the cert once the oath taking is finished, only a matter of time now. Did you try Court House in Naas, Drogheda or as 9j was saying about Bray good chance of getting on commuter county or even if any of your mates live their you can say to the court that I just moved to that county ;).

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:28 pm

' even if any of your mates live their you can say to the court that I just moved to that county .'

Thanks Fattypatty. can i use my mate's address? how does that work out? i'll still have to fill out the address on form 7 & INIS records would have my present address..

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:' even if any of your mates live their you can say to the court that I just moved to that county .'

Thanks Fattypatty. can i use my mate's address? how does that work out? i'll still have to fill out the address on form 7 & INIS records would have my present address..
Well i mean you can change address on your bank statement and order one to the "new" house this way you have a proof of address in a new county, but this also means that CoN will be posted out to your new address. But check with the courts first see whats the story is over there before you go about doing that, you never know might be lucky they just take you on your dublin address. But if all above sounds iffy then just wait a wee bit more. :wink:

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:' even if any of your mates live their you can say to the court that I just moved to that county .'

Hey Hotspurs,

First and foremost: congratulations!

Second: DO NOT tell the court that you have changed address to the county where the court is, and don't use an address in that county! If you do that, then the DoJ will send you a letter asking for an explanation as to why you have informed the oath in (for example) Dundalk and when have you moved to Dundalk when the address that they have on your file in your application for naturalisation is in Dublin. They will tell you that they will put the application processing on hold while you explain the difference in addresses. They will ask you for a prove of address in Dundalk that you used when taking the oath OR a prove of address in Dublin as that they have for you on file. While this is no big deal and you could explain the issue, it's an unnecessary complication that you could do without. A friend of mine had to deal with this so try not to get yourself sucked into it.

It's pretty simple: take your yellow letter and go down to the court in Cork (they won't send you away if you're not from the county). When you get there just walk in and perform it. When asked about the address, be truthful and give them your actual address in Dublin. They won't quiz you over this but IF they asked you (simply out of curiosity, they can't do anything or punish you in any way) why are you performing your oath in Cork when in fact you are a Dublin resident, just say you're in Cork on business or you're on holiday there and just wanted to get your oath sorted while you're there anyway. Simple.
Many of my friends did that and when I get my long-awaited Form 8, then I'll be doing so too.

Good luck dude!

Gandhai

Re: Hello

Post by Gandhai » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi i applied for my wife for naturilisation in JAN 2007 but still we are waiting. What should we do . ANY suggestions.
thanks

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Gandhai
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Hello
Hi i applied for my wife for naturilisation in JAN 2007 but still we are waiting. What should we do . ANY suggestions.
thanks

do you mean JAN 2008 or its correct what you have written....thats nearly 4 years plus if its 2007..did you ask them what they are waiting on....did you ring them if so what did they say

crown

Post by crown » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 am

Hotspurs, Leinster
Congrats
I have great hopes now for myself, too. I have called DOJ 4 consecutive times and they have told me the same thing - file at final stage
Guys/Gals enjoy the moment
Crown

HOTSPURS

hi

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:47 am

Crown,
it could be today for you. INIS posted approval letter for me friend on Thursday, reaching the address on Friday. Mine was posted on Tuesday AFTER my call & the lady hinted on readying 950 € & that it was in 'final' stages. best of luck.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:42 am

aswadref wrote:Gandhai
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Hello
thanks

do you mean JAN 2008 or its correct what you have written....thats nearly 4 years plus if its 2007..did you ask them what they are waiting on....did you ring them if so what did they say
im correct it is JAN 2007. i wrote a letter 3/12 ago still in the process

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Congratulations HOTSPURS!
An acquaintance of mine has got an appointment in Co. Limerick's court within a week last year, worth trying.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Gandhai, it's truly appalling. In my view forget about letters now, there's one standard letter for everyone.
Call them and ask for the details, what are they waiting for?

HOTSPURS

thanks

Post by HOTSPURS » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:24 am

Marisa wrote:Congratulations HOTSPURS!
An acquaintance of mine has got an appointment in Co. Limerick's court within a week last year, worth trying.
Thanks Marisa. I'll try ringing Limerick & Cork. none of the courts in Leinster are flexible. it's a pity they're so unwelcoming !