ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:52 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:got a call from my mp today and the lady asked me if i heard from ukba and i told her yes and she went what was said by then and i told her they asking me to confirm that my mother is my biology mother and with prove of this.

this is what she said.

that ukba has checked my details and seen that the name of the lady who was put in as my mum on the application form when i was coming into uk 5years ago is defferent from who i said is my real mum and that due to the fact i came in here as a minor and have been domestically abused with serious injury the ukba is obligated to protect me on the childs protection act but they need to make sure i have atleast one family in the ukba not just here all by myself ... and i asked her if this is good and she said yes because even though i cant prove shes my mum i will be taken into a foster home either ways i will still be granted....they are just making sure i am not alone.... she said to send in letters from school and registration to local council and birth cert ... when i told her i done a dna she start laughing saying that was way too far to go that if ukba wanted dna they will clearly state it that they just need my confirmation she is my mum.

this whole thing feeling like a dream to me i hope its for the best

thank you guys for everything i will keep you updated... going getting my dna result on thursday and sending it off to my case worker directly.
I suppose you will sleeping a lot differently tonight. :) congratulations!!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: leave to remain

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:54 pm

grenadagirl wrote:Hi guys, just got my doc back, my solicitor did make a mistake and said indefinite but it was not. It's just leave to remain for 30 months. But still blessed.
Congrats grenadagirl patience being a virtue. You got there in the end!!!

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 pm

@dapsonlee

hahaha your talking about sleep i cant sleep hahahahaha my thoughts are all over the place

can you share your story if you dont mind

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM UKBA

I got a letter from the UKBA today through my solicitor and they said:

Dears Sirs,

Thank you for your letter received here on 18 May 2012 in support of your above-named client’s application for Leave To Remain Outside the Rules.
In these submissions, it appears that your client is making an implied asylum claim on grounds of a fear of harm or violence that he would encounter if he return to………my home country.

If your client wishes to pursue a claim for asylum he will need to make an appointment with the Asylum Screening Unit, as this is not something that he can do via an application for Leave to Remain.

Enclosed is a letter for your client explaining the action he needs to lodge an asylum claim. This needs to be done no later than 8 August 2013.
If no asylum claim is made before that date, your client’s application for Leave to Remain will be considered on the grounds of his Article 8 rights alone.

In this connection, since it is not clear exactly how your client entered the United Kingdom again in 2008, a further letter is enclosed for your client, requesting completion of an Immigration Status Questionnaire. The completed questionnaire is to be returned before 9 August 2013.

Yours faithfully
…………..

GUYS, advise me what to do.
What should I do? because I will never seek Asylum.
Should my solicitor tell them to go on and decide my application base on Article 8 as the UKBA said? Because they said if i did not seek Asylum before 8 August 2013 they will decide my application base on Article 8 only.
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:17 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@dapsonlee

hahaha your talking about sleep i cant sleep hahahahaha my thoughts are all over the place

Lol trust me! We have a good thing going here with encouragement and just remain positive like we are for you.

I came here at 20years in 2000 as a visitor, I tried to change my visitor status in 2001 to student but unfortunately I was refused in the same year saying I need to go back home to re-apply. By the time the response came back my visa had expired and i had already started college having paid the full fee. I then decided to stay regardless but my staying was because all my family had relocated here and they are all British and moreover there was no one back home to go back to. I am the only born without a British status. Fortunately I managed to get into uni and completing it as well through the grace of God with no questions asked.

So I am now applying under family life/private with no British partner neither a kid having been here illegally for over 10years.

Timeline is

Application sent: 22/12/2012
Aknowledgement: 10/01/2013
Biometrics invitation: 08/03/2013
Biometrics Received and enrolled: 20/03/2013
Docs, BRP & Passport: Waiting.....

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:22 pm

@ale001

cant you ukba is indirectly telling you to make an asylum claim? if i was you i will make the claim which im sure if you do then will consider it together with your aticle 8 claim.

@dapsonlee

oh i am sure you will be fine 10years is a very long time just be positive and try getting your mp involved i will keep you in my every prayers

:)

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:28 pm

You should sleep well because your case is unique. The UK are aware that children are brought to the UK, sometimes neglected and abused. Sorry but if your father had been abusing you while in UK , he'd be in trouble with the law. The UK take abuse and neglect very seriously and children who suffer abuse are usually put under child protection plan as they do not sweep such "under the rug". I feel your case is strong but hope it doesn't put anyone in trouble as someone I know got in trouble with the law while the the teenager was granted leave and put in care. Am not saying your parents will be in trouble though. Wish you all the best.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:37 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@ale001

cant you ukba is indirectly telling you to make an asylum claim? if i was you i will make the claim which im sure if you do then will consider it together with your aticle 8 claim.

@dapsonlee

oh i am sure you will be fine 10years is a very long time just be positive and try getting your mp involved i will keep you in my every prayers

:)
Once bitten twice shy.

I've been told indirectly by the UKBA before to seek Asylum, i went and they detain me and eventually removed me from the UK., until re-entered the UK again. Thats why i wouldn't go seek Asylum again. :(
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:41 pm

hi@adle01 might be your right, that's the trick home office playing why you need to claim asylum even why home office need to force you to claim asylum? its not a positive approach, something there, try to detain you

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:43 pm

@ale00

if thats the case do not make an attempt to go for asylum please just ask them to consider it on your aticle 8

@glh2012

thanks for the word of encouragement and i know what you mean my dad brought me here and left the next day up till date i havent heard or seen him but am glad still :)

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi@adle01 might be your right, that's the trick home office playing why you need to claim asylum even why home office need to force you to claim asylum? its not a positive approach, something there, try to detain you
Agree with shonda right there. I would advice you to wait on the outcome of the article 8 application that is still outstanding (my opinion). Too many applications made by you makes your case much more complex and by this taking a lot longer to decide on either grounds. Seem like Home Office is bidding for Xmas bonuses with all these strange advice on applications which seem unwarranted just for the sake of application fees sigh.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Ale001

I'm afraid the highlighted below doesn't bode well. Nevertheless don't panic.

In this connection, since it is not clear exactly how your client entered the United Kingdom again in 2008, a further letter is enclosed for your client, requesting completion of an Immigration Status Questionnaire. The completed questionnaire is to be returned before 9 August 2013.[quote]

I agree with Shondra and Dapsonlee, this is some sort of a plot to detain you. wait for your article 8 case to be concluded. You are going to need strong representation my friend. Do you have children/family I cant quite remember your case so please forgive me? Have your solicitors advised you to take the Asylum bait? If so, at this stage, I would part ways with their services forthwith. Should you get refused then you can fall back on the Asylum option. that's my opinion. I mean asking you to withdraw your current application to pursue the Asylum route is a way to stifle any hope or chances you have at the moment. Do they really think people are that gullible? Stay strong one step at a time . You might want to put contingency plan C in place too.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 pm

@believe me you are 100% right

SDP

Post by SDP » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Ale001

I'm afraid the highlighted below doesn't bode well. Nevertheless don't panic.

In this connection, since it is not clear exactly how your client entered the United Kingdom again in 2008, a further letter is enclosed for your client, requesting completion of an Immigration Status Questionnaire. The completed questionnaire is to be returned before 9 August 2013.

I agree with Shondra and Dapsonlee, this is some sort of a plot to detain you. wait for your article 8 case to be concluded. You are going to need strong representation my friend. Do you have children/family I cant quite remember your case so please forgive me? Have your solicitors advised you to take the Asylum bait? If so, at this stage, I would part ways with their services forthwith. Should you get refused then you can fall back on the Asylum option. that's my opinion. I mean asking you to withdraw your current application to pursue the Asylum route is a way to stifle any hope or chances you have at the moment. Do they really think people are that gullible? Stay strong one step at a time . You might want to put contingency plan C in place too.

I completely agree with you...very good guidance.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:05 am

verbina wrote:
11akb wrote:14 month start still no reply contacted mp and homeoffice waiting and waiting another summaer come and go :cry:
You poor poor love!! Have you been in contact with MP and Ombudsman yet?
PS is it a fresh application or extension??
its a fresh application i have contact mp and he is waiting and dont no what good ombudsman bring ? applied flro in june ............. have you try ombudman ....?

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 am

Good morning people.......more good news is coming our way in jesus/allah mighty name AMEN

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 am

11akb wrote:
verbina wrote:
11akb wrote:14 month start still no reply contacted mp and homeoffice waiting and waiting another summaer come and go :cry:
You poor poor love!! Have you been in contact with MP and Ombudsman yet?
PS is it a fresh application or extension??
its a fresh application i have contact mp and he is waiting and dont no what good ombudsman bring ? applied flro in june ............. have you try ombudman ....?
Nope I ve not been in contact with Ombudsman yet, still waiting for MP to get back to me, but on here few people spoke very highly of getting Ombudsman involved. You may want to explore that route hun! Ask your MP for referral ..
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 am

someone from the other forum was told from his solicitor that one of the reasons for his refusal was complaining to Ombudsman after 14 month wait?????

As we all know that most of the solicitors dont like their clients to contact HO or MP so in the end when things turn bad they will blame as for doing so.
But how true can this be? Im talking about for people who had no status at the time of the application, would complaining have an bad impact?
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 am

I dont think it should make a difference really.....
but I suppose there a difference between a full-blown complaint vs asking Ombudsman or MP for assistance to get updates on one's case progress.... I guess one has to proceed with caution .
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:36 am

summer2013 wrote:someone from the other forum was told from his solicitor that one of the reasons for his refusal was complaining to Ombudsman after 14 month wait?????

As we all know that most of the solicitors dont like their clients to contact HO or MP so in the end when things turn bad they will blame as for doing so.
But how true can this be? Im talking about for people who had no status at the time of the application, would complaining have an bad impact?
I think if you are renewing its a good idea to cry wolf and go all Rambo on this dudes but if you are at the mercy of pleading to get a stay I guess it's worth the wait without complaining (my opinion). It's like throwing stones at a landlord before begging for accommodation.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 am

dapsonlee wrote:

Lol trust me! We have a good thing going here with encouragement and just remain positive like we are for you.

I came here at 20years in 2000 as a visitor, I tried to change my visitor status in 2001 to student but unfortunately I was refused in the same year saying I need to go back home to re-apply. By the time the response came back my visa had expired and i had already started college having paid the full fee. I then decided to stay regardless but my staying was because all my family had relocated here and they are all British and moreover there was no one back home to go back to. I am the only born without a British status. Fortunately I managed to get into uni and completing it as well through the grace of God with no questions asked.

So I am now applying under family life/private with no British partner neither a kid having been here illegally for over 10years.

Timeline is

Hi

Though you were a visitor initially, a crucial question should be from HO how you managed to study without a valid status. Discuss the issue with an experienced lawyer.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 pm

shareen24h wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Timeline is

Hi

Though you were a visitor initially, a crucial question should be from HO how you managed to study without a valid status. Discuss the issue with an experienced lawyer.
It was the acknowledgement letter that was given from my initial application in 2002 was what I used to get into college, university and able to work as well with no questions asked. I guess my working spree ended when conservatives came into power in 2010 to which they started requesting for re-submission of proof of right to work.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:18 pm

I find it absurd and disturbing that someone will get refused leave on the basis that they complained about the UKBA to the Ombudsman. it becomes very obvious that they have been victimised. even more grounds to reconsider the case. Well @summer either that person's case was weak initially and they were ill-advised by their unscrupulous lawyer hence the blame game(after laughing all the way to the bank) or the home office overlooked their case in haste of cutting the backlog. if they were so offended by the complaints procedures would they encourage and entertain them? It's supposed to improve the service they provide but they continually make a catalogue of errors thank God for Judicial Reviews. You have to stand up and fight for what you believe in whether you are at the mercy of the UKBA What's wrong is wrong. Would that person's solicitor refuse the opportunity to write a complaint letter if instructed to do so? of course not because they are getting paid to do so! I despise commercial law, full of money grabbing thugs! At least you have a choice which route you want to pursue. I definitely love to ruffle a few feathers within reason of course.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:11 pm

summer2013 wrote:someone from the other forum was told from his solicitor that one of the reasons for his refusal was complaining to Ombudsman after 14 month wait?????

This is what the solicitor said this can't be true. Ukba would give the person a reason for ththere refusal. Only a fool will not fight for what belongs to them. If going to ombudsman will help why not
Godgives

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:14 pm

@BELIEVE

you always have the right answers to uncertain questions *LEGEND*
contacting your mp and ombudsman have no negative impact on your application instead it makes the ukba very careful and making sure they consider your application firmly before making any decision as if they refuse you on lawfully without fully considering it they will have to answer to your mp and ombudsman.

i first contact mp and then ombudsman...after getting through to ombudsman they gave ukba 12weeks deadline to consider my case not long after that i got a letter from ukba requestiong more document and stating once document recieved decision will be made promptly.

one more thing no case is a weak case just believe and have faith GOD will surely make a way for us......

cheers