ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKwannabee

Re: The wait is over

Post by UKwannabee » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Gman!

**CoNgRaTs!!** You must be so relieved - so happy for you!

Thanks for all your hard work in keeping the board up-to-date and being a great friend to all of us.

Enjoy your new freedom!!

:) x

GmanILR2012 wrote:Great news guys, I finally got my passports back..... my timeline is as follows:

1. Previouse visa: Ancestral
2. Date of expiry of ancestral leave: 17-03-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: 27-02-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 28-02-2012
7. Date payment debited: 28-02-2012
8. Payment mode : DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received:29-02-2012
10. Biometric letter received: NO BIOMETRICS
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: NO BIOMETRICS
12. Date of approval: 31-07-2012
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: 08-08-2012
14. Date stamped ILR:31-07-2012
15. Method of return: in my provided special delivery envelope

For those of you still waiting, keep your heads up.... it is hard not knowing and being totally left in the dark but have a little faith, it will arrive eventually. I opened my passport and thought wow almost 1000GBP and a HUGE amount of stress for one little stamp *Crazy* however it is what this stamp means to us that is priceless!

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for their support and for posting their stats, it really is a great forum and a great way to let of some steam, get some reassurance, share your experience or just reading everyone else's.

On that note, is there anyone who would like to maintain the weekly update? I will post Mondays (week commencing 06-08-2012) as I have already done it, however after that if there is anyone who would be interested, let yourself be knowen :)

I will definitly continue to visit this forum not only out of habit but because your all an amazing group of people and I want to start documenting the comments towards the UKBA and maybe send them and all MP's a transcript to help improve their client service charter. As this being left in the dark and not knowing is totally unacceptable for the large fees associated with this application. Not to mention the waiting times.

If your reading these posts and haven't yet posted your stats, sign-up to the forum (it is really easy) and become apart of the action.

hernandez
Newly Registered

Post by hernandez » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

We received the biometric appointment today.
Applied 16th June
Going to enroll biometric tomorrow

sbcansever
Newly Registered

Post by sbcansever » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 pm

I've received Biometric appointment today.

Set(O)
main applicant + 3 dependents
Application date: 07.June.2012
Fee has taken from account within a week.
Biometric appointment letter received: 09.August.2012

I believe I need to wait another 4-5 weeks to receive ILR.

thedesihunter
Newly Registered

June 2012 Timeline

Post by thedesihunter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 am

My timeline:

Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
Date application posted: 23-06-2012 (via Special Delivery)
Date application received at UKBA: 25-06-2012 (Monday)
Date payment debited: 26-06-2012
Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
Acknowledgement letter received (From Liverpool): 28-06-2012 (DATED: 26-06-2012)
Biometric letter received: WAITING

Hoping to receive the Biometric letter soon, will update.

gurudev

Re: Set (O) March Applicants

Post by gurudev » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:14 am

AussieSetO wrote:
bond123 wrote:
anushil123 wrote:Bond123, Gurudev, Jimbo2102, AussieSetO, sekhar are you guys still waiting as well!!!!!!
Yes, I am still waiting, see my update on page 184

Yep, still waiting too! My husband has the exact timeline as me (biometrics done a couple of days earlier) also and we're still waiting for his too (Application submitted March 12, Biometrics 4 May, waiting!!!)

Seems only Set M are moving at the moment...[/Yes I am (Gurudev) also waiting appliation made 07/03/12, biometrics done on 5/04/12. After knowing 27/02/12 applications (GmanILR2012's) recieved I think may be couple of weeks time more.... I would like to thank GmanILR2012 for maintaining the stats... ]

Apaiva
Newly Registered

Tough times.

Post by Apaiva » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 am

Guys,

I am not coping well.
I am devastated - 5 months now. Ive sent fax and emails.

This has been one of the hardest things ever. I wish I had gone to the appointment in person - never thought, never in a million of years that it would take this long. Do they realise they are dealing with people's lives there?

I just feel like giving up on everything.
I feel like an aninal, not welcome in a country that I love so much and work so hard to contribute into their system.

So sad today..

anushil123
Newly Registered

Post by anushil123 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 am

Exactly 5 months for me as well today!!!!! Can' take it anymore....praying everyday but it seems no one is listening!!!! This is absolutely unbelieveable they way they are treating us.....

ILR(_|_)
Newly Registered

Re: Tough times.

Post by ILR(_|_) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 am

Apaiva wrote:Guys,

I am not coping well.
I am devastated - 5 months now. Ive sent fax and emails.

This has been one of the hardest things ever. I wish I had gone to the appointment in person - never thought, never in a million of years that it would take this long. Do they realise they are dealing with people's lives there?

I just feel like giving up on everything.
I feel like an aninal, not welcome in a country that I love so much and work so hard to contribute into their system.

So sad today..
Looking at the weekly update, I only see one Set(o) application that's been successful for the March applicants. It seems apparent that the introduction of the biometrics at the end of Feb has slowed things down. I'm suffering here as well because I've just been offered a very good job, which obviously requires a valid work permit. I'm trying to convince the HR dept that my visa will arrive very soon...
If it's any consolation, I was speaking to a guy at my work who said it took 6 months for his to arrive. He said his testicles were in his throat for the last 3 months :D but just hang on in there, it WILL come.

mattd0rg
Newly Registered

Post by mattd0rg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:42 am

could be worse ya could be me, I have many trips abroad soon for work but they're the least of my worries.

I was over seas with work and getting very expensive dental work done in my spare time, but needed to come back for visa, was meant to do same day thing but found out i'd left it too late so had to do postal, I currently have 7 plastic temp crowns in my mouth that were meant to last a week lol, its now about 3.5 months, i've already paid for them in advance, if i'm to get them done here it'll be close to £4k.

so I'm eating soft foods the last 3.5 months lol, its my own stupid fault for doing it by post, but the government did estimate 12 - 14 weeks lol

catby
Newly Registered

SET (M) Timeline

Post by catby » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Hello all, here is my timeline:

Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
Date application posted: 25-07-2012 (via Settlement Office)
Date application received at UKBA: 26-07-2012
Date payment debited: Waiting
Payment mode : DEBIT CARD
Acknowledgement letter received: Waiting
Biometric letter received: Waiting

I understand many July applicants haven't received Ack letters or had their fees taken yet. My work are threatening to terminate my employment because I can't give them my Ack Letter and the receipt of the Settlement Office isn't good enough. Does anyone have any ideas? They've called Immigration who tell them that I have to provide them with the official Ack letter but I don't see what I can do if the UKBA aren't sending them off in a timely fashion.

Thanks and best of luck to all.

Malik39
Newly Registered

Good News for me and submitters of Set M applicants of April

Post by Malik39 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:31 pm

I am also a silent visitor of this forum. I have been logging this thread for the last 2 months to minimize my frustration. An hour before my solicitor has informed me that he is in receipt of my passport & BRP. Further details will be posted once I receive my documents personally. However I am submitting my timelines for reference and guidance for the waiting mates.

1. Previous visa: Spouse Visa
2. Date of expiry of previous leave: 10-05-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
4. Number of dependents applying: NIL
5. Date application posted: 16-04-2012
6. Date app. received at UKBA: 17-04-2012
7. Date payment debited: 30-04-2012
8. Payment mode: DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 29-04-2012
10. Biometric letter received: 28-06-2012
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: 29-06-2012
12. Date of approval: Not Known
13. Date of return of passport: 09-08-2012
14. Date of arrival of BRP: 10-08-2012
15. Method of return: Not Known

Apaiva
Newly Registered

Re: Good News for me and submitters of Set M applicants of A

Post by Apaiva » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Malik39 wrote:I am also a silent visitor of this forum. I have been logging this thread for the last 2 months to minimize my frustration. An hour before my solicitor has informed me that he is in receipt of my passport & BRP. Further details will be posted once I receive my documents personally. However I am submitting my timelines for reference and guidance for the waiting mates.

1. Previous visa: Spouse Visa
2. Date of expiry of previous leave: 10-05-2012
4. Number of dependents applying: NIL
5. Date application posted: 16-04-2012
6. Date app. received at UKBA: 17-04-2012
7. Date payment debited: 30-04-2012
8. Payment mode: DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 29-04-2012
10. Biometric letter received: 28-06-2012
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: 29-06-2012
12. Date of approval: Not Known
13. Date of return of passport: 09-08-2012
14. Date of arrival of BRP: 10-08-2012
15. Method of return: Not Known
Very happy for you, amazing news.
But you applied over a month after me and got it first - I really want to understand why that happens. It makes me so sad to see that applications are not dealt by date of receip.

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Payment Problems

Post by ILtoWait » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm

As feared, after 2 months and many phonecalls my application has been returned to me. The acompanying letter cites that 'Payment could not be completed' so the application is deemed invalid and returned.
I am beyond rage over this as I have scans of my application verifying the payment page was fully completed (Credit Card payment) with no errors and the Bank was aware of the pending payment and confirm nothing was rejected.

Now I'm back to square one...

UKwannabee

Re: Payment Problems

Post by UKwannabee » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Oh Nooooo....so sorry to hear this. Write a letter of complaint!! Two months to contact you is completely unacceptable.

Let us know how you make out (hugz)

ILtoWait wrote:As feared, after 2 months and many phonecalls my application has been returned to me. The acompanying letter cites that 'Payment could not be completed' so the application is deemed invalid and returned.
I am beyond rage over this as I have scans of my application verifying the payment page was fully completed (Credit Card payment) with no errors and the Bank was aware of the pending payment and confirm nothing was rejected.

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Quite unfortunate, I am short of words
As feared, after 2 months and many phonecalls my application has been returned to me. The acompanying letter cites that 'Payment could not be completed' so the application is deemed invalid and returned.

[/quote]

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Payment Problems

Post by ILtoWait » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks for the sympathies guys - Particularly you UKwannabe, yours is one of the most sympathetic saga's I've read on here!

Anyway, I've been advised by them I can write a letter of complaint (which I may do) though at the same time they said they doubted how far I'd get. Talk about shameless acceptance of their service!

For now I've got back on the merry-go-round and sent it straight back in... let the saga continue.

sheford

Post by sheford » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 pm

My status so far:
1. Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 27-06-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: 11-06-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 12-06-2012
7. Date payment debited: 19-06-2012
8. Payment mode : DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received:19-06-2012

10. Biometric letter received: 10-08-2012<<<< ----------------latest
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment:10-08-2012<<<< --------------latest

12. Date of approval: WAITING

13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING[/color][/quote]

Gala
Newly Registered

Post by Gala » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 am

My life is back!! The biometrics permit arrived yesterday and no errors found this time yay!! In fact the guy of DX secure services came on Thursday, didn't knock just left a notification asking me to make an appointment (to be at home) through their website or by phone. So this torture is finally over:

Postal SET M (No checking service)
Application sent: 10th April
Received at UKBA: 11th April
Money taken: 20th April
Acknowledgement letter dated: 20th April Received: 24th April

1st Biometrics invitation: dated: 30th May Received: 14th June
(Reported error on name the 15th June)

2nd Biometrics invitation: dated: 25th June Received: 28th June
(Bio. taken: 29th June at ROMSEY! Experienced problems with the
machine, and reported this as well, but had taken bio. previously
for the NY office for entry clearance)

Passport back and approval letter: dated: 6th August received: 8th August
(2nd class envelope. Didn't use the special delivery one I provided)

BRP: dated:6th August received:10th August

It's great that this forum exists, thanks to all the people posting and sharing their experiences.
Now a letter to my MP, there should be more efficient ways to deal with visas. Best of luck to you all and yes.... UKwannabee rocks :lol: !!

MSR75
Newly Registered

Post by MSR75 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:07 am

I would say now you have your docs back with you and after seeing the trauma with all the postal applicants, go to PEO if time and resources permit you and get it done in a day.
Bash1oo wrote:Quite unfortunate, I am short of words

[/quote]

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 am

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I just got my passport back this morning! I can't believe it - I can't stop looking at it! I'll post my stats later but just wanted to thank everyone for their support!! Wow 23.5 weeks later...whew! ;)

UKwannabee

So happy for you Gala!

Post by UKwannabee » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 am

So this is what it feels like! ;) So happy for you, Gala - it's our lucky week! :) Thanks for all your support - I really appreciate it!

quote="Gala"]My life is back!! The biometrics permit arrived yesterday and no errors found this time yay!! In fact the guy of DX secure services came on Thursday, didn't knock just left a notification asking me to make an appointment (to be at home) through their website or by phone. So this torture is finally over:

Postal SET M (No checking service)
Application sent: 10th April
Received at UKBA: 11th April
Money taken: 20th April
Acknowledgement letter dated: 20th April Received: 24th April

1st Biometrics invitation: dated: 30th May Received: 14th June
(Reported error on name the 15th June)

2nd Biometrics invitation: dated: 25th June Received: 28th June
(Bio. taken: 29th June at ROMSEY! Experienced problems with the
machine, and reported this as well, but had taken bio. previously
for the NY office for entry clearance)

Passport back and approval letter: dated: 6th August received: 8th August
(2nd class envelope. Didn't use the special delivery one I provided)

BRP: dated:6th August received:10th August

It's great that this forum exists, thanks to all the people posting and sharing their experiences.
Now a letter to my MP, there should be more efficient ways to deal with visas. Best of luck to you all and yes.... UKwannabee rocks :lol: !![/quote]

Gala
Newly Registered

Post by Gala » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:59 am

Wow UKwannabee just read your post.... CONGRATULATIONS .... fiiiiiiiiinally you got it!!! SO, SO happy for you :lol: This deserves some "bubbles" or a special dinner!! Thank you so much for your support too!!

ILRapplicant2000
Newly Registered

Post by ILRapplicant2000 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Update to my application as received my acknowledgment letter

1. Current visa: SPOUSE
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 14-10-2012
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: 19-07-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 20-07-2012
7. Date payment debited: 07-08-2012
8. Payment mode : CREDIT CARD
9. Acknowledgement letter received:11-08-12 (dated 07-08-12)
10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Payment Problems

Post by ILtoWait » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:45 pm

This was my initial thought too - apparently though you can only make appointments while your current leave to remain is active. Due to these delays, mine has now expired.

Not that it matters as securing an appointment is near impossible, there are simply none available!
MSR75 wrote:I would say now you have your docs back with you and after seeing the trauma with all the postal applicants, go to PEO if time and resources permit you and get it done in a day.
Bash1oo wrote:Quite unfortunate, I am short of words

[/quote]

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:30 pm

It's a very BIG PHEW guys...

Finally my documents are back, exactly after 4 months (17 weeks)...

Just waiting for the BM cards to be delivered.

Summary of my story is follows;

1. Self employed
2. Booked premium service at Glasgow PEO, was ready to pay the money asked for
3. Turned away as Glasgow PEO cannot assess Self Employed / Limited Company applications. So don't book to Glasgow Premium if you are Self Employed. Your best bet is Croydon if not then Sheffield.
4. Sent in post as no other premium appointments available
5. 16 weeks to get the Biometric letters
6. 10 days from BM submission to document return

I wrote to the UKBA several times requesting to expedite my application on a genuine case. Neither work related travel nor compassionate grounds.

I got my Local MP to get behind me on my case, which she (or her Staff) did it very well. Hats off to them - and my vote to her was well worth.

I sent my last request on the 08th August to UKBA with a full line up of all supporting documents, evidence of the case, some 13 different documents / evidences.

Honestly I am not sure if I got my documents on the usualu processing time as it is already 17 weeks OR they actually expedite my application. There is no such mention.

Generally this forum is fabulous and very imformative.

If you have a very genuine case that you need your documents soon, I strongly advise you to get your MP involved and write to the UKBA with all of your genuine reasons with evidence of your case. I hope they will listen to you if your case is justifiable.

I owe one to "R&F" and "Melimango", their guidance and encouragement was the key that I wrote to my MP and wrote UKBA with all evidence, etc.

Hats off to all of you for the every bit of news, help & guidance.

Big thanks to the forum and hope all of you will get your matters sorted very soon !

Good luck to everyone !