ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

narenz
India

Unrestricted COS

Post by narenz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello,

My company has applied for license last week and they told me that they have requested for 40 unrestricted COS . Is it possible that all 40 will get sanctioned along with the license? Because I have heard only one unrestricted COS will be given initially. Thanks for your reply.

KAIRALI
Newly Registered

Post by KAIRALI » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 pm

somebody reply please....

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Unrestricted COS

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm

narenz wrote:Hello,

My company has applied for license last week and they told me that they have requested for 40 unrestricted COS . Is it possible that all 40 will get sanctioned along with the license? Because I have heard only one unrestricted COS will be given initially. Thanks for your reply.
40 ? Why >

KAIRALI
Newly Registered

Post by KAIRALI » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 pm

can any body tell me whether we can apply for an urgent treatment even after the prelicensing visit has been scheduled..?

thanks...

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 pm

KAIRALI wrote:can any body tell me whether we can apply for an urgent treatment even after the prelicensing visit has been scheduled..?

thanks...
really have no idea about it, but my suggestion is to give it a go. Make sure your company makes a valid case in the email, along with scans of your passport showing expiry date. Explain the whole sceneario and why it can't be delayed anymore.

if not, well then you will have to go back home, and get your company to get you a Restricted CoS and apply from home.

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Hey guys,

My company applied for sponsor licence on November 1st week, they sent documents uncertified (within 14th days after applying online)first time and I had mentioned my employor then sent certified documents which was certified by my HR (on 15th day after online application) with covering letter mentioning wrong application first time.
And today(30/11/12) we got email from UKBA, which they need certified documents from a lawyer.

Just a time line,

Sponsor Licence online application done: 24th OCT 2012
Application sent by post first time(uncertified documents): 1st NOV 2012
Application sent by post second time(certified by HR, along with covering letter): 7th NOV 2012
Email from UKBA requesting certified copies from Lawyer: 30th Nov 2012.

It means UKBA processing our application and we will be getting the licence soon?

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:18 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
narenz wrote:Hello,

40 COS. o my days. Unless its a major orgnisation with atleast few hundred staff. I cant see that getting through. Sorry but 40 COS for the allocation till march 2013 is way too much and UKBA will be concerned !

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:34 pm

skraj wrote: but how it is possible 450+ registration revoked or expired on same day??
Tiers 2 & 5 launched on November 27th 2008, so lots of sponsors have just got to the 4 year mark - so it would seem 450+ have decided not to bother renewing.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... galicence/

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
i_am_also_victim wrote:We have applied for the licence in last week of september...My visa expires on 15th December 2012..i am so worried..what should I do?
After reading all the discussion on this blog, i am guessing we are not going to get licence within next one months even if we will request to urgent process our application. :cry:
You will not get license in normal circumstances.

Just ask for urgent treatment on 5th December.

Why did you apply for license so late ?
UKBA are now treating licences urgent where a visa expires with 15 working (not calendar) days so get the employer to request urgent treatment now. Make sure they mention the visa expiry date, or better still attach a copy of the visa.

I got this for a UKBA email, they had been quoting 10 working days until recently.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Anyone - what dates are we talking about here for sponsor applications?? Anyone been accepted in the last couple of days?? My new sponsor submitted July 27... no news... yet!!!

I am changing sponsors and this is all SO annoying!!! How ridiculous that it takes more than half a year to hire a flippin employee!!!!

Kate

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 pm

physicskate wrote:Anyone - what dates are we talking about here for sponsor applications?? Anyone been accepted in the last couple of days?? My new sponsor submitted July 27... no news... yet!!!

I am changing sponsors and this is all SO annoying!!! How ridiculous that it takes more than half a year to hire a flippin employee!!!!

Kate
My job requires me to be in touch with UKBA regularly and their standard email replies are quoting August 1st cases are being dealt with at the moment (last week the same standard replies were stating June 12th).

So the application should, assuming the information I'm getting is accurate, be under consideration already. Of course if the employer gets a visit that will delay the case considerably.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Jeeves wrote:
physicskate wrote:Anyone - what dates are we talking about here for sponsor applications?? Anyone been accepted in the last couple of days?? My new sponsor submitted July 27... no news... yet!!!

Kate
My job requires me to be in touch with UKBA regularly and their standard email replies are quoting August 1st cases are being dealt with at the moment (last week the same standard replies were stating June 12th).

So the application should, assuming the information I'm getting is accurate, be under consideration already. Of course if the employer gets a visit that will delay the case considerably.

Thank you Jeeves!!! Much obliged for that!!!!

Kate

KAIRALI
Newly Registered

Post by KAIRALI » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 pm

thankyou very much hashmil...for the reply...

did your company had a pre license visit ?do they do it in urgent treatment cases?

thank you..

kairali

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 am

[quote="Jeeves"][quote="muhdkhokhar"][quote="i_am_also_victim"]We have applied for the licence in last week of september...My visa expires on 15th December 2012..i am so worried..what should I do?
After reading all the discussion on this blog, i am guessing we are not going to get licence within next one months even if we will request to urgent process our application. :cry:[/quote]

You will not get license in normal circumstances.

Just ask for urgent treatment on 5th December.

Why did you apply for license so late ?[/quote]

UKBA are now treating licences urgent where a visa expires with 15 working (not calendar) days so get the employer to request urgent treatment now. Make sure they mention the visa expiry date, or better still attach a copy of the visa.

I got this for a UKBA email, they had been quoting 10 working days until recently.[/quote]

Thank you Jeevers, I going to ask my employer to email UKBA for urgent treatment of our licence Application

narenz
India

Post by narenz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
40 ? Why >
Yeah our company HR said we have 20 people inside UK and 10 more in India waiting on this license for their tier 2 visas.

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 am

skraj wrote:Hey guys,

My company applied for sponsor licence on November 1st week, they sent documents uncertified (within 14th days after applying online)first time and I had mentioned my employor then sent certified documents which was certified by my HR (on 15th day after online application) with covering letter mentioning wrong application first time.
And today(30/11/12) we got email from UKBA, which they need certified documents from a lawyer.

Just a time line,

Application sent by post second time(certified by HR, along with covering letter): 7th NOV 2012

It means UKBA processing our application and we will be getting the licence soon?
any idea guys, on my post which I quoted?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 am

skraj wrote:
skraj wrote:Hey guys,

Just a time line,

any idea guys, on my post which I quoted?
make sure the documents that needs to be certified are done by a lawyer (on every page). or else they will simply refuse the application. This happened to me.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Has anyone actually had their application for sponsorship approved recently??? Have they finished July applications, or are they still being considered? Anyone applying in August heard owt yet??? (It's all well and good hearing from people applyign recently, but my company applied over 4 months ago.)

I am desperately worried, and the HR at my new school appear to be doing NOTHING!!!

I just want some ammunition to be able to light a fire under them!!!

Thanks all,

Kate

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

physicskate wrote:Has anyone actually had their application for sponsorship approved recently??? Have they finished July applications, or are they still being considered? Anyone applying in August heard owt yet??? (It's all well and good hearing from people applyign recently, but my company applied over 4 months ago.)

I am desperately worried, and the HR at my new school appear to be doing NOTHING!!!

Thanks all,

Kate
We applied on 6th August 2012 and got the license last week.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
We applied on 6th August 2012 and got the license last week.
Thanks for that. It's painful to hear, but why havent we heard anything??? GRRR UKBA.

Kate

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:49 pm

physicskate wrote:Has anyone actually had their application for sponsorship approved recently??? Have they finished July applications, or are they still being considered? Anyone applying in August heard owt yet??? (It's all well and good hearing from people applyign recently, but my company applied over 4 months ago.)

Thanks all,

Kate
Kate, i wouldn't worry too much about finding out which dates they are currently processing. As this is a bit irrelevant at the moment, because the UKBA do consider urgent treatments. My company made an application last month, and last week we got our license and COS after we pushed for an urgent treatment. I guess you need to convince your HR to be a bit more persistant on this. Hope this helps.

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

As i explain above My visa is expiring on 15th November and today my Solicitor send fax to UKBA for urgent treatment, any one has idea that are we going to get our licence before 15th of November?

I am so stressed...My solicitor advice me to leave the country if We dont get the licence.

Sam23
Newly Registered

SOC code

Post by Sam23 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm

My employer has recieved Tier 2 license with unrestricted COS. my job is IT administrator with a salary of 21K which closely matches with soc code 2132 - Hardware engineer, but in the description it says this job is mainly for hardware vendor / computer maintenance companies, where as my company is not the above can i still apply with the above code.

Please help me out with this one.

Thank you in advance.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:42 pm

i_am_also_victim wrote:As i explain above My visa is expiring on 15th November and today my Solicitor send fax to UKBA for urgent treatment, any one has idea that are we going to get our licence before 15th of November?

I am so stressed...My solicitor advice me to leave the country if We dont get the licence.
best method is to email them. i think you can find the email address somewhere in this thread or on the UKBA website. your company will have to send a scanned image of the existing visa as proof of the expiry date. and this should be sent 10 working days before your current visa expires, and they WILL get back to you with the license on time. seeing that you are already into the '10 working' days i'd suggest you do it soon.

and faxing? are we in the 1990's or something? get them to send an email.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:57 pm

hashmil wrote:
physicskate wrote:Has anyone actually had their application for sponsorship approved recently??? Have they finished July applications, or are they still being considered? Anyone applying in August heard owt yet??? Thanks all,

Kate
Kate, i wouldn't worry too much about finding out which dates they are currently processing. As this is a bit irrelevant at the moment, because the UKBA do consider urgent treatments. My company made an application last month, and last week we got our license and COS after we pushed for an urgent treatment. I guess you need to convince your HR to be a bit more persistant on this. Hope this helps.
The issue is that I am changing jobs and had to give notice at my last job in April, and have not been able to work since the end of August. My previous Tier 2 has not been curtailed, however. I would be in a better position if it were!!! We don't seem to satisfy the criteria for urgent consideration because my old tier 2 expires in 2014, even though my new employer are desperate for a Physics teacher and have re-advertised TWICE. Shortage occupation, what???

Kate