ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samiyla
Newly Registered

letter to uk

Post by samiyla » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:51 pm

this is an email i got from uk borader agency today
ITS 29 WEEKS :(
Thank you for your e-mail of 07 August.

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 29 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.

Mr ........... will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.

Thank you for your patience,

Regards,

shuby

Timeline

Post by shuby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Anyone here who applied in april around the 23rd :?:

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:49 am

Salams Samiyla

When and where did you apply?

S.dawood49
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline

Post by S.dawood49 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:15 am

shuby wrote:Anyone here who applied in april around the 23rd :?:
Yes one of my mate applied in April at around that time ... Alhamdulilah his mrs got her visa 1 week Bfor eid!!.. He applied in Karachi !!.. Allah knows best how long it's going to take fr my mrs !...

Inshallah just keep sabar n indeed Allah will assist us ..the thing is we humans r weak .. We keep telling others n complaining to Allah saying 'ya Allah y me y me' we have lost faith in Allah.. Keep saying ' our duas don't get accepted'.. Have we every said alhamdulilah that Allah doesn't punish us straight away for our sins!!.. inshallah just keep sabar.. Allah is not going to keep the husband on one side of the world and the wife on the otherside about 5000 miles away!!.. inshallah Allah assist all of us n grant us all the ability to keep sabar..

Wasallamz

Applied for wife - 19/03/12 at Karachi
Under process - 02/04/12
Wife recv letter of apology - 17/08/12
Still waiting!...

scorpio7

Post by scorpio7 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes I applied on the 30th of April in isb

samiyla
Newly Registered

Post by samiyla » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:19 pm

hashim10 wrote:Salams Samiyla

Application submitted 02/05/2012
Forwarded to BHC 15/05/2012
waiting 71 days now

i also contacted my local mp and she was happy to help get a status of application.

will see how long they take.

samiyla
Newly Registered

Post by samiyla » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:21 pm

hashim10 wrote:Salams Samiyla

Application submitted 02/05/2012 in mirpur
waiting 71 days now

i also contacted my local mp and she was happy to help get a status of application.

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 pm

samiyla wrote: Application submitted 02/05/2012 in mirpur
waiting 71 days now

I also got a similar email from the BHC stating that 100% of applications will be processed within 29 weeks and so did another member. Its strange though as their website states 24 weeks. I'm pretty much on my 24th week at the moment..

NSSK
Newly Registered

Post by NSSK » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 pm

The delays are due to people applying before the law changed. Inshallah the applications will fliter down and people will be getting their replys soon.

ali1122
Newly Registered

Re: letter to uk

Post by ali1122 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 pm

samiyla wrote:this is an email i got from uk borader agency today

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 29 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.

Mr ........... will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.

Regards,
This isn't fair one side they are telling peoples that all visa applications will be completed in 24 weeks and on Uk border agency web site there as well its 24 weeks for 100% applications..
but ppls lyk you who are getting E-mail reply in that they telling max 29 weeks .....
what rubbish is this ?.......
am so confused now !

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi Can you please tell me which email address you sent it to. Whenever i email i don't get a reply.

shuby

Post by shuby » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:53 pm

S.dawood49 wrote:
Yes one of my mate applied in April at around that time ... Alhamdulilah his mrs got her visa 1 week Bfor eid!!.. He applied in Karachi !!.. Allah knows best how long it's going to take fr my mrs !...

Inshallah just keep sabar n indeed Allah will assist us ..the thing is we humans r weak .. We keep telling others n complaining to Allah saying 'ya Allah y me y me' we have lost faith in Allah.. Keep saying ' our duas don't get accepted'.. Have we every said alhamdulilah that Allah doesn't punish us straight away for our sins!!.. inshallah just keep sabar.. Allah is not going to keep the husband on one side of the world and the wife on the otherside about 5000 miles away!!.. inshallah Allah assist all of us n grant us all the ability to keep sabar..

Wasallamz

Applied for wife - 19/03/12 at Karachi
Under process - 02/04/12
Wife recv letter of apology - 17/08/12
Still waiting!...

Inshallah brother we'll hear something soon. Its easy to lose hope but we need to have faith in allah. As long as we keep doing duas for one another we shall be reunited with our partners inshallah.

"The swiftest supplication to be answered is the supplication of someone for another person who is not present."

Hamza84
Newly Registered

Letter of Apology Also Recieved

Post by Hamza84 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Salam everyone

My wife also received her letter of apology today so I think it is probably going to be good few weeks close to the 24-29 week mark before we get the Decisions Inshallah

Whatever day Allah has ordained it to happened no one can bring it a day earlier or later

angelkhan

Post by angelkhan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

ali1122 wrote:

Regards,
This isn't fair one side they are telling peoples that all visa applications will be completed in 24 weeks and on Uk border agency web site there as well its 24 weeks for 100% applications..
but ppls lyk you who are getting E-mail reply in that they telling max 29 weeks .....
am so confused now !
i hope they will have some legal action taken against them cuz wat rubbish is this they say 24 weeks max ad they are taking way longer then that ever application should be seen and completed in the same time because this is discrimination wat they are doing :evil:

shuby

Post by shuby » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 pm

angelkhan wrote:
ali1122 wrote:

Regards,
am so confused now !
i hope they will have some legal action taken against them cuz wat rubbish is this they say 24 weeks max ad they are taking way longer then that ever application should be seen and completed in the same time because this is discrimination wat they are doing :evil:
You know what, this is beginning to take the mick now. The only thing that gives hope was knowing that 24 weeks would be the worst case scenario. Now 29 weeks. I hope that they get sued somehow cos this is impacting on so many lives..... Why didnt they Prepare for this? They gladly take the money in the first place. Something needs to be done..... :evil:

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:59 pm

i applied on 1st of march and ii believe im over 120 days mark and my husband hasnt received an apology letter... so thats great... its nice that they are being fair

cornlord
Newly Registered

useful email addresses

Post by cornlord » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 pm

send emails of complaint to

Jonathan.Sedgwick@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Head of Internationals and Visas at UKBA

adam.thomson@fco.gov.uk
UK High Commissioner in Islamabad

munchies27

salaam all

Post by munchies27 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 am

salaam everyone... hope ur all ok.in the last few weeks nobody has got a reply or a response!

the UKBA and my MP sent me an email a couple of weeks ago and told me i should have a decision made by the 4th September. this is probably the longest time ever they have taken.

has anybody heard anything??

in keeping faith in Allah and hope everyone gets a response soon. i have a feeling on one random day everyone will get the RFC status at the same time. this happened once round about april time.

anyways good luck to everyone waiting.

btw i think that template thing would be a good idea maybe they will take things seriously.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

I cant understand why people here are getting so irritated about the delay.It is quite clear what teh reason for the delay is and that is the number of applications lodged by applicants to beat the new rules deadline. I know of people who handed in half completed applications with no documents attached just to beat teh deadlines.

One thing that amazes me is the applicants impatience at the wait they have to wait till their application is processed.I mean they think that have a god given right to enter UK just because they have married someone from the UK.People are fully aware of the delays and problems of getting married to a Brit(if they are not , then they are fools). If you dont want these problems, then you should have seriously considered getting married in the country where you are living.

Witting and emailing staff at BHC before the period they have stated it takes to deal with application ( which currently is now 5 months)is just wasting your time as you will only get a generic answer.Once an application is dealt with you will be notified. Remember that Pakistan is in teh top 3 countries which teh BHC has to issue visas( so they are literally thousands of applications per year.

Please be a bit more patient and carry on with your life as normal and wait till a decision is made.Remember you will only come here when Allah wills and not before. You are probally all getting frustrated because you spend all your time thinking about this matter instead of getting on with your life and work.

Take it from me teh grass of England is not very green.Its a hard life here as most of those who have been here for a year or two have found out and would give anything to go back.

Sorry if any one is offended by my comment, but you getting it straight from teh horses mouth from someone who deals with these people everyday

Takesforever
Newly Registered

Post by Takesforever » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 am

I have been following this forum for a while now, some of the posts might be irrelevant but when ppl cme around and say that why people are getting irritated by the long wait seems irrelevant as well.

Also yes people should not think that it's an automatic right to get residency just because they are married to a British national, and yes when Allah would want only than would we get the visas and travel, but look at the time that the BHC is taking.

They might be very busy and Pakistan having the most applications I agree, but if one is not meeting the service standards than something should be published on their website just as it was done back in June.

At that point as well they had said they would meet meet the 24 week standard, but like myself a lot of the people here are almost at 24 weeks or even past it.

Some have received emails where it has been said that all applications would be done in 29 weeks......whats with that than, while on the other hand people have received letters of apology and it is mentioned that applications would be completed in 24 weeks, someone on here even got an email via their MP that they would get a reply by 4/9/12.

I on the other hand have received neither and you can see from my timeline that I am around the 24 weeks period.

Yes we cannot do anything rather than just wait, but people coming on here and saying why complain, and people have had to wait longer, and refusals can take longer after appeal, let me tell all that no one on this forum in the past or present has had to wait this long for just the intial outcome. Even if there is refusal you know in the due time and thus prepare for appeal, but in this case one is just waitin.

Thus obviously the complains are a lot more and justified. I apologise if any of my thoughts are offensive to anyone at all.

Dshah

Post by Dshah » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:52 am

Takesforever wrote:I have been following this forum for a while now, some of the posts might be irrelevant but when ppl cme around and say that why people are getting irritated by the long wait seems irrelevant as well.

Also yes people should not think that it's an automatic right to get residency just because they are married to a British national, and yes when Allah would want only than would we get the visas and travel, but look at the time that the BHC is taking.

They might be very busy and Pakistan having the most applications I agree, but if one is not meeting the service standards than something should be published on their website just as it was done back in June.

At that point as well they had said they would meet meet the 24 week standard, but like myself a lot of the people here are almost at 24 weeks or even past it.

Some have received emails where it has been said that all applications would be done in 29 weeks......whats with that than, while on the other hand people have received letters of apology and it is mentioned that applications would be completed in 24 weeks, someone on here even got an email via their MP that they would get a reply by 4/9/12.

I on the other hand have received neither and you can see from my timeline that I am around the 24 weeks period.

Yes we cannot do anything rather than just wait, but people coming on here and saying why complain, and people have had to wait longer, and refusals can take longer after appeal, let me tell all that no one on this forum in the past or present has had to wait this long for just the intial outcome. Even if there is refusal you know in the due time and thus prepare for appeal, but in this case one is just waitin.

Thus obviously the complains are a lot more and justified. I apologise if any of my thoughts are offensive to anyone at all.
I couldnt agree more, people should complain and do something about it not just wait around.

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Asalam Alaikum Guys…

Just letting you all know that my wife received the “Ready For Collection” message early this morning..

She collected documentation later in the day from Gerry’s in Lahore and alhumdulillha VISA GRANTED!!!

Sooo relieved after such a painfully long wait, it’s been just under 6 months… Visa was stamped by the BHC on 27/08/2012…

My dua’s are with all you guys that are still waiting and I’m sure in’sha’alllah you’ll all hear something very soon now…

This thread has been fantastic and knowing that we’ve all been in this together and that I wasn’t alone gave me immense hope and sabbar (patience)…

Good luck to all and I’ll still be following this thread to see how the rest of you all get on..

Shukar Alhumdulillha…
Last edited by hashim10 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scorpio7

Post by scorpio7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm

hashim10 wrote:Asalam Alaikum Guys…

Just letting you all know that my wife received the “Ready For Collection” message early this morning..

She collected documentation later in the day from Gerry’s in Lahore and alhumdulillha VISA GRANTED!!!

Sooo relieved after such a painfully long wait, it’s been just under 6 months… Visa was stamped by the BHC on 27/08/2012…

My dua’s are with all you guys that are still waiting and I’m sure in’sha’alllah you’ll all hear something very soon…

This forum has been fantastic and knowing that we’ve all been in this together and that I wasn’t alone gave me immense hope and sabbar (patience)…

Good luck to all and I’ll still be following this thread to see how the rest of you all get on..

Shukar Alhumdulillha…

Congrats!!!U waited for a long time.Im happy for u :)

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Salaam All...
Hashim10 Congratsss brother thats such good news :-)
im so happy for u...u have waited so long for this. Insha'Allah im next lol. well good to know ur application was also submitted in Lahore. atleast they never taken over a week to change to RFC from the date the visa was stamped.

Insha'Allah good news awaits us all. it could be us next :) thanks for giving me abit more hope seems lik things are moving slowly but surely :)

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Salaam All...
Hashim10 Congratsss brother thats such good news :-)
im so happy for u...u have waited so long for this. Insha'Allah im next lol. well good to know ur application was also submitted in Lahore. atleast they never taken over a week to change to RFC from the date the visa was stamped.

Insha'Allah good news awaits us all. it could be us next :) thanks for giving me abit more hope seems lik things are moving slowly but surely :)