ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:59 am

D4109125 wrote:Should be ok so long as you stay out of trouble and meet the other standard requirements.
Will they not say that i have numerous non-custodial offences even if they are more than three years?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:01 am

You only have one non-custodial conviction and 2 FPNs so that's unlikely, though, always possible where criminality is present.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:03 am

D4109125 wrote:You only have one non-custodial conviction and 2 FPNs so that's unlikely, though, always possible where criminality is present.
should i declare the FPN?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:09 am

If the FPNs did not involve the courts and are no longer on the licence - expunged. Then I see no reason to.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:25 am

D4109125 wrote:If the FPNs did not involve the courts and are no longer on the licence - expunged. Then I see no reason to.
about my conviction... the fact that its two count of common assault but convicted on the same day does that count as one or two convictions?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:47 am

It should be viewed as one conviction.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:31 am

based on the discussions on this thread, can we then regards CCJ as a conviction since it's been given in a court? seriously this current guidance for naturalisation is very confusing....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:13 pm

No, a CCJ is not a criminal conviction it is a civil matter.

rashidkhan

Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

Post by rashidkhan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

I own 25% shares in the company & am Technical Director.
I ticked "Director" and typed address of employer etc but left "Tax Office Reference - Address of Tax Office" blank because i don't have it!

Where can i find this information for limited company as its a new company & haven't filed any company accounts yet.

Should i give Tax Office Reference from the old company where i worked at?

How should i supply this information now that i have sent my application?
Thanks

royh

Post by royh » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:25 am

As per previous post in this same thread. Sent the Subject Access Request and got a letter back from the ACRO. "From the personal details supplied in your request there is no information held about on the PNC". PNC = Police National computer. So good news nothing on me.
You can request a copy of your Police National Computer record, which will provide details of all convictions, cautions, final warnings and reprimands held on your police records. This is the information that will definitely be disclosed on Standard or Enhanced DBS checks. If you would also like details of your local records, which may be disclosed on Enhanced DBS checks at the discretion of the Chief Constable, you can apply for your ‘full nominal record’.
Basically it looks like the +15 year old minor theft has been completely wiped from any database since it doesn't show up on the PNC and was before 2006.

https://www.nacro.org.uk/what-we-do/res ... NAP.html#8
The police retain details of convictions, cautions, final warnings and reprimands on the PNC until a person reaches 100 years of age.

Prior to 2006, police were able to delete records entirely after a certain period, depending on the nature of the offence, the disposal and the age of the person at the time of the offence. The police were not obliged to delete records, however, and many records that may have been eligible for deletion did not get deleted. If you had cautions or convictions before 2006 that do not appear on Standard or Enhanced DBS checks, it is likely that they have been deleted under the old weeding guidelines.
---

I won't include it in my application since it's not on the PNC. I will probably apply in January.

---
dadageer wrote:Can I submit ACRO Police certificate to HO to satisfy Good Character requirements?
As mentioned they do their own checks against the same database so it's pointless as a means to demonstrate good character. As an addition to this info it says on the letter I received "This document does not constitute a Certificate of Good Character".

Hope this helps anyone with queries.

rashidkhan

Re: Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

Post by rashidkhan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:33 am

rashidkhan wrote:Tax Office Reference - 3.5 - Address of Tax Office

I own 25% shares in the company & am Technical Director.
I ticked "Director" and typed address of employer etc but left "Tax Office Reference - Address of Tax Office" blank because i don't have it!

Where can i find this information for limited company as its a new company & haven't filed any company accounts yet.

Should i give Tax Office Reference from the old company where i worked at?

How should i supply this information now that i have sent my application?
Thanks
Hi Amber, can you please help me with the above? Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:37 am

Just put the information in the extra box and include something that shows you're a director.

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:26 am

D4109125 wrote:Just put the information in the extra box and include something that shows you're a director.
I have already sent my application via NCS.
How do I provide this information to home office now that I have already submitted my application?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 am

If then NCS were happy, what are you worrying about?

rashidkhan

Post by rashidkhan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:35 pm

D4109125 wrote:If then NCS were happy, what are you worrying about?
I asked NCS that I don't have the Tax Office Reference No can I leave it blank? & they said that they will contact you if they need to. The application is gone but I'm not very satisfied & now that I have found out the Corporation tax reference, I want to give that to home office, what should I do?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:03 pm

If you want to give it to them, just write a letter and send it in, by recorded delivery.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:43 am

D4109125 wrote:No, a CCJ is not a criminal conviction it is a civil matter.
The debt that led to the ccj has been paid off, should it still be declared?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:42 am

A CCJ must be declared, include proof it has been satisfied.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:13 am

D4109125 wrote:A CCJ must be declared, include proof it has been satisfied.
Must we declare all other debts even if their repayment is in order?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:52 pm

No, unless a CCJ was issued.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:No, unless a CCJ was issued.
Was reading somewhere that HO also check if council tax has been paid... Do they also contact the local council or they are just being psychic? Should we include copies of our council tax in the bundle of docs

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:12 pm

No need to include council tax/proof of payment if there are no arrears.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:11 pm

D4109125 wrote:A CCJ must be declared, include proof it has been satisfied.
Does this have to be included in section 3.9 of the application form after ticking yes in 3.8?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 am

Yes complete 3.8 and 3.9.

jah79

Post by jah79 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Say one had a run-in with the law in the last 12 months while on a night out and one was deemed to be too "tired" to walk on the street and cordially invited to spend an evening in a concrete room to "sleep it off", would this be an obstacle even if one was told the next day that after payment of a fine this was not a recordable offence and does not need to be declared?