ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

narsii

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by narsii » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:14 am

I was thinking that there was a delay in processing applcations of people who are self-employed/Directors of LLC . (which involved more verifications , I assumed ) . With the information available in hand, it looks like there is no specific criteria for HO in processing the applications .

People who were directors/ contractors have received thier approavals as quick ( in 7days /10 days ) .

I am bit confused in speculating the times lines of the HO processing the applications.

Regards,
Narsii
narsii wrote:Yes,I am a director of an LLC .

zahmed05 wrote:
narsii wrote:Just out of curiosity ,

Looks like if your application is stright forward ( no self -employment / ownership of LLC / Directorship ) the applications are being processed very quickly . with a processing time of a week /10 days for JCAPS applications and 3-4 weeks for normal /postal applications .

Khaaf / Ali , were you self-employed / directors of LLC ?

Again , I may be wrong .

Regards,
Narsii
I would second this observation.

Narsii were you self employed at any stage?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:53 am

People who were directors/ contractors have received thier approavals as quick ( in 7days /10 days )
I didn't see anyone recently getting approval in 7/10 days. where is this information coming from?

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:59 am

This info was from January . I have seen no approvals for February till date . As I said there is no specific criteria in processing .

zahmed05 wrote:
People who were directors/ contractors have received thier approavals as quick ( in 7days /10 days )
I didn't see anyone recently getting approval in 7/10 days. where is this information coming from?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:14 pm

I believe the JCAP applications applied after 19th Jan are not prioritised. just a theory.

They made major changes in the process on 19th Jan and after this i guess this is aligned to normal applications.

All the approvals are for the people who applied before 19th Jan.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Kahaaf applied in 25 th of Jan . So this assumption is invalid . Rather it should be people who gave biometrics after 10th Feb would suit . Kahaaf and I , both applied on the same day 25 th of Jan and I had my biometrics on 11 th where as kahaaf does it on 9th .

Further , I can see the application backlog being cleared . Can see approvals for people who applied in June/July 2015 , and many approvals for Oct/Nov/Dec applicants .

So clearly , the application backlog has taken priority now.

My Observations :

1.The Biometric requests are now recieved on an average of 15 days .
2.Delivery of the Brown envelop is around 15-20 days after the approval (So they are processing approvals in batch)
3. For JCAP appications the passport delivery is around 20 days after the ceremony .

These are just my speculations to find out the average processing times for the applications .

zahmed05 wrote:I believe the JCAP applications applied after 19th Jan are not prioritised. just a theory.

They made major changes in the process on 19th Jan and after this i guess this is aligned to normal applications.

All the approvals are for the people who applied before 19th Jan.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am also analyzing the timelines since October 2015 ill Feb 2016 and look like there is no specific criteria and eack applicant is being dealt on different rules set by HO

Kahaaf approval was the quickest and he has done a good job by compiling the google spread sheet but all the applicants need to update their results but as its nothing to do with the forum so most of the applicants are not updating.

I am also compiling the data from October 2015 - Feb 2016 ( which will take me couple of days) and have seen approx 5 to 6 approvals for Jan 16 and none for Feb 16.

All done from our side and now fingers crossed Wait game has also started for us and every day we are huting for the post postman :)

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Thank you Narsii-- it makes sense.

Tehmina- it will be interesting to see that data.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:22 pm

First Approval for February applicant (As of BioMetrics)

Date of application: 18/01/2016
Biometrics done: 03/02/2016
Date of approval: Yet to receive the approval letter
Date of ceremony: 05/04/2016 - Letter received on 09/03 stating that naturalization ceremony has been booked for me on the 5th of April

Lets see further updates before jumping onto a conclusion .

Regards,
Narsii

Sorry2

Post by Sorry2 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi All,
How long does it take to receive your passport after ceremony through the joint pilot application. I had my ceremony on the 29th of Feb, I called HMPO they told me they are waiting on home office confirmation on me attending the ceremony.
:!: ****I did use different councils for application and ceremony.

Thanks in advance for your help.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi,

If you take a look at the passport time line of JCAPS applicants it is almost clear that it takes around 15-20 days to receive the passport after your ceremony .

Hope to helps,
Regards
Narsii
Sorry2 wrote:Hi All,
How long does it take to receive your passport after ceremony through the joint pilot application. I had my ceremony on the 29th of Feb, I called HMPO they told me they are waiting on home office confirmation on me attending the ceremony.
:!: ****I did use different councils for application and ceremony.

Thanks in advance for your help.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

This is not my time line :-) Used it for reference .
narsii wrote:First Approval for February applicant (As of BioMetrics)

Date of ceremony: 05/04/2016 - Letter received on 09/03 stating that naturalization ceremony has been booked for me on the 5th of April

Regards,
Narsii

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi,

Is there any time frame for Passport Fee dedcution ? My Naturalization application fee was deducted on 28th Feb 2016 and can't see any deductions for Passport Fee.

I saw many people updating their timelines with both fee deductions almost happening at the same time (with few days difference). I am worried if they have any issues with my Passport application form ?

Anyone with similar experience ?

Thanks,
Sri.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:17 pm

Regards,
Narsii
Hi Narsii,
Is it not that we receive the approval letter and then book a date for naturalization ceremony as per our convenience...??
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Actually this is not my time line , I am still waiting for the Brown Envelope.

answering your question , As per my knowledge , Both , council and applicant recieve information about the approval . Some times the Councils recieve the information in hand before the applicant recieves the approval ( Thanks to Couriers/postal agencies) . Once Council recieves the approval info , it allotts the latest available slot for the ceremony . This can be chaged as per the applicants conviniece if there any available slots .

Hoep this helps .

Regards,
Narsii

tamilmaran wrote:

Regards,
Narsii
Hi Narsii,
Is it not that we receive the approval letter and then book a date for naturalization ceremony as per our convenience...??

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 pm

narsii wrote:Actually this is not my time line , I am still waiting for the Brown Envelope.

answering your question , As per my knowledge , Both , council and applicant recieve information about the approval . Some times the Councils recieve the information in hand before the applicant recieves the approval ( Thanks to Couriers/postal agencies) . Once Council recieves the approval info , it allotts the latest available slot for the ceremony . This can be chaged as per the applicants conviniece if there any available slots .

Hoep this helps .

Regards,
Narsii

tamilmaran wrote:

Regards,
Narsii
Hi Narsii,
Thank you...
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

umg04
Newly Registered

Post by umg04 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 am

@SirivisaN

I had same issue and after waiting for 14 days with no money taken out for Passport I contacted Brent(barnet) council and spoke to their manager who very kindly called and spoke to the case worker team at HO to enquire why fee has not been taken out for passport. They were advised that case worker will check n make sure all good with the application n ll process the payment n to my surprise after few hours of that call Passport fee was taken out.

I was looking at your previous posts n found that there were changings made by council n I had same issue where same section was amended by council people saying that I am not sure if both our cases are related but If I were you I ll call and speak to a manager at the council you applied from and ask them to contact HO.

All the best.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi umg04,

Thanks for the info, i will definitely call them tomorrow. I hope passport money has nothing to do with the progress of naturalisation application. Are there any updates on your application after biometric?

Thanks
Sri.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:11 am

Hi,

I tried to contact the council team today and they are busy, so I might get a call back late in the evening.

In the mean time I called the passport office on 0300 222 0000, they usually get the details based on my bar code number or Last Name/DOB. Unfortunately they didn't get my passport application details with either of these info and they concluded that they didn't received any passport application from council/home office.

Don't know where it is going :(

Sri.

manav1111
Newly Registered

Post by manav1111 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi Sri,

I also applied through the Southwark NCS, actually much earlier on 8th February.

Money for my passport application still hasn't been taken although I did biometrics on 25th Feb. Tried calling the passport office, their response was same as what you got, they have no record of my application.

Called up my registrar at NCS as well but she wasn't much helpful, just said, this can happen sometimes and she doesn't have the contact details of the case worker team. I have been asked to call back in a month's time again if the money hasn't been taken by then.

Seems to me, this is an issue with the way Southwark sends its JCAP application, they haven't been picked up by Home office.

Manav

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi

I am applying for Naturalisation via the Joint application (Naturalisation/ Passport) at Gloucestershire council.

While completing the passport form, it says I do not need a referee on passport form as its a joint application. IS that correct?

Also I have heard about the fees increasing from £1005 to £1256 from 18th March. Can either of you please confirm as there is nothing on the fees section on Home office website.

Ibrahim

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi bukhariibrahim ,

Yes, the fee is getting increased to £1256 from 18th March, it is only naturalization fee on top of that you still need to pay 72.50 passport fee.

Thanks,
Sri.

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:41 pm

srivisaN wrote:Hi bukhariibrahim ,

Yes, the fee is getting increased to £1256 from 18th March, it is only naturalization fee on top of that you still need to pay 72.50 passport fee.

Thanks,
Sri.
Hi

Thanks for confirming. Do you know anything about referees not required on Passport forms for joint application?

Ibrahim

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi manav1111,

I just called the lady at NCS. Are you the same person who called her a 1 week back. She told that someone already called her last week with this kind of issue.

I think she already checked with home office, they said that there might be 2 possible issues..

1. Error with the passport payment form (if this is the case they will try to contact you and ask you to do the payment)
2. Initially they used to take passport fee first and AN fee, now they are taking AN fee first and then passport fee. In either case they asked her to wait till the Ceremony is finished.

Unfortunately she asked me to wait for 2 more weeks and if things didn't move asked me to call back so that she will call HO again.

We should have gone by the reviews and should have applied at Brent/Wandsworth/Hackney.

All we can do is wait, please let me know if you have any further updates.

Thanks,
Sri.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:
srivisaN wrote:Hi bukhariibrahim ,

Thanks,
Sri.
Hi

Thanks for confirming. Do you know anything about referees not required on Passport forms for joint application?

Ibrahim
Yes you don't need any counter signature on passport application form if you are doing JCAP.

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks a ton.